The Christian Church

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

The Christian Church

Unread post by Sentenza » June 3rd, 2005, 6:52 pm

I know this is a quite provoking question, but is the church, especially the catholic, hippocritical or are they standing up to their true original values?
What are your thoughts about it?

TmaaN

Unread post by TmaaN » June 3rd, 2005, 7:50 pm

You gotta be way more specific than that...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 4th, 2005, 10:35 am

well, have they been acting according the teachings of jesus, or are they just a organization that is struggling for power and influence and religion is just the justification to achieve it?

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

twist

Unread post by Mraka » June 11th, 2005, 1:46 pm

I am against the church in most case.
but like things run,and put pressure on us ppl,it is like an alliance of souls.
redefinition of religion from and for the ppl is nessecairy
there is definetly a leck of philosophy in those religions.

-but wait; putting the the vinci code against the bible the christianity thing again makes sence. :idea:
-I feel sorry for all wrong the christian church has done and where it was involved,
but in fact the most dumb BS I heard from so called christians,like this sentence:Ha ha in reallity it would be idiotic to let yourself beeing hit a second time,haha.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 13th, 2005, 7:09 am

i am against it too.
they broke their own rules so often (1000+ times) that they are in no position to tell me ANYTHING about religion or god.
I do believe in god though.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

no god,god?

Unread post by Mraka » June 13th, 2005, 7:23 am

My thinking is opposite.
I feel love for the community,you met before elsewhere.I was there once or twice,after the priest listened to me ,(`and fell asleep'),on private interview.
!You can buy FAIRTRADE tea,coffe,eat a cake ,when the church is over.On sunday!

kverdugazo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kverdugazo » June 15th, 2005, 1:53 am

Catholism and "The Christian Church" are 2 different entities The original apostoles had nothing to do with the formation of the Catholic church even though they say that Peter was the 1st Pope or something like that; but that's a complete lie.

PlayaLarga
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PlayaLarga » June 19th, 2005, 12:21 pm

the catholic church is contradictory on many issues...

1. idol worship: statues of mary, jesus, etc, baby jesus

2. worshipping of mary: she is not part of the trinity. scripture states that there is no mediator between God and Jesus

3. priest aren't allowed to marry: but in scripture it states that a preacher can have a wife.

4. works-based salvation: scripture states that we are saved by grace and faith through God. salvation is a byproduct of that faith and should not be put ahead of faith and grace or else everyone will forget what Jesus did for us as sinners.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » June 20th, 2005, 7:40 am

without the catholic church much wellfare would`t exist.
^^^^it is likely everything twisted if you go for second hand information.
-catehism has its rules,it is all clear about Mary and the other stuff.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 20th, 2005, 9:13 am

Not only the Catholic Church but Christians in "general" are hipocrites.

I'm a Christian, born & raised Catholic, later day Born-Again Christian.

But i can't hang with "most" Bible Preaching Christians because they come off as very "narrow minded" individuals to me.
If you don't beleive as they do, then you're doomed to "eternal hell".
If you don't understand scripture as they do, then you are plain wrong
in your understanding.
If you are a Muslim, Bhuddist, Mormon, Jehova's Witness, Adventist, Hinduist, Gnostic, or anything else which is not in alignment with their
mainstream Christianity of the Apostols Creed & such line of thought,
then you are wasting your time no matter how strong you beleive in the
"GOOD" ALLMIGHTY CREATOR & RULER.

Yet, "most" Christians lie, cheat, steal, curse & betray, just like
everybody else, and they do it "knowingly", except that it is ok, because
all they have to do is pray for forgiveness and they're back on the road
to heaven and the eternal never come down high.

But, if YOU lie, cheat, steal, curse & betray, it don't matter how repentant you are because you're serving the devil and have no part in salvation,
"unless" you beleive as they do.

HOW IS THAT FOR JUSTICE & RIGHTFUL TREATMENT BY CHRISTIANS?

Like, I said "I AM CHRISTIAN", but I am not GOD & I am not the JUDGE.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 20th, 2005, 11:23 am

good that you said that, lonewolf, cause thats exactly what i meant. I just couldnt put it in these words... thx

i do not respect any belief that tries to force people into a certain box or that forces people oppressively to worship it.
but from what i have seen it has not so much to do with a certain religion (i.e. islam,Christianity,Hinduism etc. etc.) but with the narrow mindedness of certain people who are not able to realize that religon is not to be forced upon people but it should serve the people and encourage them to strive for being a better person. And to give this madness we are living in a sense and not to create more madness.

The Christian Church though, was always the most hippocrite of all religious organizations of all time.
They were coming to a certain country pretending to come as friends and as soon as the people turned their backs to them they massacred everybody.
It happened so often, we all know it.
You can blame many evilson other religions like islam or hinduism too, but you cant blame this form of hippocrisy on them.
Prove me wrong if you can, but if muslims were going somewhere everybody knew before what they had to expect from them, cause in this aspect they have always been straight.
And i am not talking about terrorist acts but about major wars and politics.
if the teachings of jesus are true only 0.1% of the people in the Vatican will go to heaven i think.
What do yall think?

polysaturated
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by polysaturated » June 20th, 2005, 11:44 pm

I'm a Christian but some of you got it twisted, you gotta remember Christians are humans and no human is perfect, humans are prone to make mistakes and sin it's apart of our nature. Even the 'true' Christians still have troubles. it's the way of the world. I've come to understand this. When something bad happens, people are like "how can God let this stuff happen"? because the Devil runs the show and because sin is everywhere, I don't know everything but that's what I feel.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 21st, 2005, 1:19 am

polysaturated wrote:I'm a Christian but some of you got it twisted, you gotta remember Christians are humans and no human is perfect, humans are prone to make mistakes and sin it's apart of our nature. Even the 'true' Christians still have troubles. it's the way of the world. I've come to understand this. When something bad happens, people are like "how can God let this stuff happen"? because the Devil runs the show and because sin is everywhere, I don't know everything but that's what I feel.
yea true.....i didnt want to blame it all on the christians and i know that bad things happen everywhere. god can not protect us from ourselves.
I was just complaining about people who say they act in the name of god but in reality they are all over money and power and give a fuck about other people.
see, i am also christian and i am aware of the good sides of it.
but still, what is your opinion, should people follow their own conscience about what is right and wrong or should they follow the orders given to them by the church how to practise religion properly?

polysaturated
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by polysaturated » June 21st, 2005, 1:33 am

I would think people follow the ways of Jesus and the teachings in the bible firstly, there's the source. I don't know if there's a way practice religion 'properly' as I don't go to church much anymore but still keep my faith and consider myself a Christian. I mostly found church boring when I was a kid to be honest but I always kept my faith. I too don't like those Christians who are all about money but then I look at myself and realize I'm not perfect either and hold sins just as bad within myself. I think coming to know God is one big test in itself (but more than that aswell) just from my experiences growing up.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 21st, 2005, 2:18 am

but there are so many people expecting the pope to tell them how to vote, what to think of certain issues etc.
their whole belief is kind of dependend on the church. you knwo, i dont need anyone to tell me about god or how to worship god because no one on this earth has ever met him. And i especially dont need a organization that is only striving for power and influence and being hippocrite as soon as they open their mouths...well not all of them but too many.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » June 21st, 2005, 8:50 am

some folks I know would probably be better "Christians" if they left the church thing alone.
I am a croat.Most croats are catholic.Croats have signed a agreement with pope and the vatican some hundret years ago;they will not attack any other country.
In WW2 a fascist movement governed for 5 years and their Ustashas killed many Jews and serbs in KZ camps.(JAsenovac)
Today we have a singer that sings songs of that time and or praising them.
Some lyrics refer to massacres commited by our big "Maxes butchers".("THOMPSON")He hosts mostly sold out concerts.THere are many other songs more undercover but offending,and guess who sings them or buys his CDs.
Many in Diaspora are of that kind I do not get allong with.
No that there is peace in former Yugoslavia poeple get back on track.
If those I know ,didn`t have said it to me,that they are christian I wouldn`t have assumed it at all.Just ignorant fools.It is just a trap to me.
But be aware,I am not quiet about it.F... thrombzone

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 23rd, 2005, 3:56 pm

so is croation society pro those killings or not? i know that the Ustasha committed horrible crimes, but i thought in the name of fascism.
But even if not, it shows me that many christians misinterpret christianity as a free ticket to commit any crime they want. As long as they prey they are not going to hell. What fucking nonsense.

but i still would like to hear more opinions on wether the christian society acted according to their teachings or not.
I think Jesus is hitting his head against the wall every day looking at the popes and the vatican.

Murderous crimes the christian church backed up:
Holocaust (the pope had a fuckin deal with hitler)
Reconquista
Colonization/massacre of Meso and south america (20 million dead in less than 50 years)
all 9 crusades
inquisition

etc.

kverdugazo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kverdugazo » June 23rd, 2005, 11:15 pm

Like I said before don't get Catholics and Cristians twisted ... The Catholic Church is one denomination out of many churches who claim to be "Cristian". Christianity can't be blamed for the crimes of catholism. There are about 100 million(probably more) Catholics in the world but I really wouldn't blame them all either since many of them are really good people and have done a lot of good in our world but have been following a false tradition..most of them were obligated to be catholic and it gets passed down from generation to generation. Most Catholics I know have no clue about the doctrine of their church and believe just cause they're parents or grandparents believe in catholism. The sad thing is that most people don't really take the time or put in the effort to know the truth.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » June 26th, 2005, 3:42 am

[quote="Sentenza"]so is croation society pro those killings or not? i know that the Ustasha committed horrible crimes, but i thought in the name of fascism.
But even if not, it shows me that many christians misinterpret christianity as a free ticket to commit any crime they want. As long as they prey they are not going to hell. What #%@&#%@ nonsense.

I see this happen right now.I can not believe he bought a piece of a radio station that is worth 20 times more.I can not believe that he has such mad success.
His folk gets an identity out of it.Mostly because of recent war,and crime committed to Ustašas on last days of ww2.
The catholic church was anti-communist in croatia,and cardinal Stepinac ran the country commissaricaly(where is my diction...?)
-do not think that catholic church hasn`t lost their priests in KZ`s.or saved some thousands other folks from machinery.
P.S.:Mainly our folks calms down,but sometimes if you listen to your connections anywhere, you think whether;it never ended,or;it may pop of again tomorrow.I mean the "Büld" readers.www.bildblog.de?

ratt
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ratt » August 4th, 2005, 1:18 pm

chritendom "has a form of godly devotion but proving false to it's power, and from these turn away"-2 timothy 3:5