Irish Gangs?

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Irish Gangs?

Unread post by PolakoMafia » January 18th, 2004, 5:07 pm

Do Irish gangs still exist? I never been to New York but I heard that many Irish and Italian/etc. immigrants moved there and they have pure Irish/or whatever hoods that were once (I don't know if they still are) slums. Anyone know of them?

MississippiLuv

Re: Irish Gangs?

Unread post by MississippiLuv » January 19th, 2004, 12:31 pm

Some Irish and Jewish people make it into the ranks of the Italian Mafia, they can never get made or anything, but they are sometimes allowed to do the lower-level jobs with no real chance of advancing. You must be able to trace your roots back to Sicily in order to get made. That was many years ago though, I'm not sure how the order is now considering the Italian Mafia is crumbling.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » January 20th, 2004, 4:09 am

Any of you seen Gangs of New York? It was losly based on true events regarding the history of U.S and how Irish gangs ruled at the time. ALso I heard that once black gangs started forming and getting stronger they were at war with the Irish for awhile. Anyone confirm this?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » January 20th, 2004, 10:03 am

There's still a few all Irish gangs out there like Irish Mafia, Krazy Drunken Micks, Irish Crew, Irish Pride, Irish Brotherhood.
There's also a few Irish organized crime groups like the Westies, Southies and Celtic Club.

White gangs aren't usually based on a specific ethnic group anymore.

DOH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOH » January 24th, 2004, 9:54 am

Silencioso wrote:There's still a few all Irish gangs out there like Irish Mafia, Krazy Drunken Micks, Irish Crew, Irish Pride, Irish Brotherhood.
There's also a few Irish organized crime groups like the Westies, Southies and Celtic Club.

The Westies in america too???? Shit i didnt know that... there a big gang in Dublin....

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 26th, 2004, 12:16 pm

Yes Duffman do a search on yahoo.com for the Westies and see what comes up. Lots.

Monkeywrench
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Monkeywrench » January 26th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Read the book The Westies.Those were some real gangster killers...They were cutting up bodies with Roy DeMeo

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 26th, 2004, 4:49 pm

Roy was a crazy guy.

Monkeywrench
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Monkeywrench » January 27th, 2004, 11:46 am

^^^^ 4 real bro.He's definently worth starting a thread over.Roy,the Gemini twins and his crew were some cold-blooded killaz.From the way they carried out the act to the disposal of the bodies.

DOH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOH » February 1st, 2004, 2:09 pm

The irish westies \/ \/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The announcement to close prisons broke just as another gangland murder took place in Dublin.

A 24-year-old man was shot on Tuesday afternoon on waste ground between Mulhuddart village and Wellview estate. He is said to be a leading member of the Westies gang, one of the most notorious groups of young criminals operating in the city.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gardaí fear crime boss seeking revenge for killing

By Cormac O’Keeffe
GARDAÍ were yesterday hunting down a fugitive gang boss believed to have returned to the country to avenge the murder of an associate.Armed detectives are preparing for an escalation in gang warfare following the killing of criminal Bernard Sugg in west Dublin last Sunday.

Bernard Sugg's brother, Stephen, has also returned from Spain where he had fled following an attempt on his life.

Gardaí have identified Stephen Sugg as a member of the notorious Westies gang, which is based in the Corduff and Mulhuddart areas of west Dublin.

But detectives said they were not going to pick him up as he was not wanted in relation to any charges or criminal investigations.

However, gardaí are eager to arrest one of the two leaders of the gang, who has reportedly sneaked back into the country.

The crime boss, the enforcer of the outfit, fled to Northern Ireland following a shoot-out with gardaí in Co Cavan last May. This individual has ordered, and in many cases, personally carried out, some of the most appalling acts of violence seen by detectives.

Officers at a number of garda stations were yesterday searching for the runaway criminal. They are checking out several reported sightings at addresses known to be associated with him and his family.

Gardaí in Blanchardstown were not involved in the search, as the criminal is thought to be in neighbouring counties, and not in Dublin.

"There would be a fear of retaliation, especially given the people we are talking about. We are hoping to prevent any further incidents," said a garda source.

"If they are both back that quickly they are preparing for revenge. People are terrified," said another local source.

Despite an intensive and long-running operation by local gardaí no one has ever testified against the leaders, such is the notoriety of the Westies.

The Westies are heavily involved in heroin dealing, armed robberies, theft and protection rackets.

Gardaí are carrying out surveillance on known members of the gang as well as on possible suspects behind the murder of Bernard Sugg, a known criminal.

One of the main suspects is a gang, based in Crumlin, south Dublin, which has been involved in an ongoing feud with the Westies their former business partners.

The Crumlin gang also has members located in the Raheny and Kilbarrack area of north Dublin as well as in Finglas, which is close to Blanchardstown.

The Westies are suspected of being behind the murder of Raheny drug dealer Paul Ryan in Co Offaly in April.

Gardaí at Blanchardstown yesterday said investigations were at an early stage and that no one suspect had been identified.

Bernard Sugg's funeral is expected to take place today or tomorrow.

civil_thor
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by civil_thor » February 23rd, 2004, 5:20 am

Irish gangs are still around, mainly on the east coast. NY, Philly, Boston, Providence... It's completely different from the west coast gang culture though. Irish organized crime still does their thing too.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » February 27th, 2004, 2:31 pm

Duffman wrote:
Silencioso wrote:There's still a few all Irish gangs out there like Irish Mafia, Krazy Drunken Micks, Irish Crew, Irish Pride, Irish Brotherhood.

The Westies in america too???? stuff i didnt know that... there a big gang in Dublin....
Oi bro the Westies here in Dublin took their name &image from the american westies.

Monkeywrench
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Monkeywrench » February 27th, 2004, 3:19 pm

SpacerLoco wrote:
Duffman wrote:

The Westies in america too???? stuff i didnt know that... there a big gang in Dublin....
Oi bro the Westies here in Dublin took their name &image from the american westies.
Seriously?????? Thats wild.I guess they read the book huh?

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » March 3rd, 2004, 2:16 pm

Monkeywrench wrote:
SpacerLoco wrote:
Duffman wrote:

Seriously?????? Thats wild.I guess they read the book huh?
Yeah the Dublin Westies are heavily influenced by the American gang, they may have ties to them but I ain't 100% on that, I just know how influenced they are by them.

Sean

Unread post by Sean » March 6th, 2004, 8:19 am

They Westies arent influenced by the American Gang. Your a spoofer mate. The Irish Media gave that name to a serious gang in Dublin because they were based in west Dublin, nothing more, nothing less. The gangsters didnt name themselfs, it was the papers, here, that did it. Its not like these gangsters read the book and thought "lets be like the NY westies"...I cant really see that happening.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » March 6th, 2004, 12:21 pm

Sean wrote:They Westies arent influenced by the American Gang. Your a spoofer mate. The Irish Media gave that name to a serious gang in Dublin because they were based in west Dublin, nothing more, nothing less. The gangsters didnt name themselfs, it was the papers, here, that did it. Its not like these gangsters read the book and thought "lets be like the NY westies"...I cant really see that happening.
Nah bud, I've always read that they took it from the American gang. It's always been said even on RTE etc.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 8th, 2004, 12:11 am

The thing about Irish gangs, is they got love for Latinos.
Mostly because of our shared Catholic religon and the same economic struggles we went through on our arrival to America.
I'm 100% Irish and my whole family has mad love for Latinos.
My girl is hispanic, and her family loves the fact that I'm Irish.
My family is the same way with her. There is alot of love and alot of similarities between our two communities that i wish was more recognized. If any one agrees, post here.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » March 8th, 2004, 1:43 pm

krookid wrote:The thing about Irish gangs, is they got love for Latinos.
Mostly because of our shared Catholic religon and the same economic struggles we went through on our arrival to America.
I'm 100% Irish and my whole family has mad love for Latinos.
My girl is hispanic, and her family loves the fact that I'm Irish.
My family is the same way with her. There is alot of love and alot of similarities between our two communities that i wish was more recognized. If any one agrees, post here.
Yeah I agree, Im mixed Irish & Hispanic, the Catholic religion &devotion is definitely a deep bond.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 8th, 2004, 9:31 pm

Thanks for responding spacer. much love, bro.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » March 12th, 2004, 2:06 pm

krookid wrote:Thanks for responding spacer. much love, bro.
No doubt homie.

Sean2

Unread post by Sean2 » March 15th, 2004, 5:41 pm

Ok not tryin to disrecpect you by callin you a spoofer SpacerLoco, but I doubt the Dublin Westies are the type of fellas to try and emulate some one in another country regardless of them being Irish or not. They just seem too hard.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 15th, 2004, 10:03 pm

That makes sense sean, but we aren't talking about the westies, we are actualy refering to the hispanic/Irish communities. All we are saying is that there are many simularities between our people. I'm 100% Irish, but I'm not from Ireland, I'm refering more to the Irish/Hispanic bond in America.

Sean2

Unread post by Sean2 » March 16th, 2004, 6:36 pm

The Westies were mentioned further up page didnt you see???

The Irish get on well with the Hispanic, is that the case all around the US?

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 16th, 2004, 10:42 pm

No, I didn't see it above. My bad, bro.

In response to your second question......

I don't know every Irish person in America, but all the Irish I know have love and respect for hispanics, and alot of hispanics i know feel the same about us. My girl is hispanic, and her family loves the fact that I'm Irish. A few reasons there is a strong bond between the Irish and Hispanic people is for one, our shared Catholic faith and the same racial/financial struggles upon our arrival to America, to name a few. However; not EVERY Irish person you come across will feel that way about Hispanics, and not EVERY Hispanic person you come across will feel that way about Irish. I'm just saying that MANY of us feel that way. NOT ALL. unfortunantly...

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » May 17th, 2004, 10:07 pm

Much love 2 all my Irish and Hispanic brothers, my girl is also Hispanic, but shes adopted with irish parents hehe so its all good still. Im only half irish and the rest is german French and Spanish, but I got irish love all the way

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » May 26th, 2004, 12:23 pm

Ok, I'm going to contribute here. I hung with some Lads from Dublin over the weekend visiting Los Angeles, all exheroin users and criminals that are now saved and attend Victory Outreach there, and THEY brought up the subject. They like Mexicans and believe there is a good relationship between them. My personal opinion is that it is more one sided on their part. But love does go both ways. Peace.

P.S. VO Dublin has 180 young people in their congregation with 90% of them ex heroin addicts. Serious problem there in Ireland with this drug is what I heard. Peace.

Ger5005

Unread post by Ger5005 » June 28th, 2004, 10:51 am

@Wcrockets,

Your damn right its a serious problem.....
Thats why they call it "Drug City"....

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 21st, 2005, 7:46 am

offtopic : ive always thought that robert deniro was 100 % italian..
found out this morning that he's only 1/3 italian and rest Irish.

;)

i love irish people, even tho we havent got that many of em in Sweden.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 21st, 2005, 9:38 am

^ thanks brother. LOL

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » January 25th, 2005, 5:41 pm

And Al Pacino dates black women. So what?

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 25th, 2005, 5:42 pm

^ what are you talking about kemo?

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » January 25th, 2005, 5:49 pm

theres a white gang thats primarily Irish in my city n they wild as hell, they names POV (Philly's Original Villians). wouldnt trip on them boys. they bang heavy