''Wiggas''

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Michelle

''Wiggas''

Unread post by Michelle » December 24th, 2003, 8:20 am

Wiggas- Stealing Black Culture Or Bridging The Racial Divide ?
I found a site on this, and well. I was just wondering what you think on this....

Monkeywrench
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: ''Wiggas''

Unread post by Monkeywrench » December 26th, 2003, 9:02 am

Hilarious site....Seen it before. :lol: Yea....unfortunantly theres alot of white boys out there like that.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 26th, 2003, 3:23 pm

Shit, how gay can you get? You see fucks like that more and more nowadays :roll:

Michelle

Unread post by Michelle » December 27th, 2003, 12:17 pm

Which site? ...nah...it isn't wiggas.com LOL The first time I saw that site...I was pissing myself laughing.

Here's what I got. I got it off some other one, this is what it had.

Hip-Hop Fridays: "Wiggers" - Stealing Black Culture Or Bridging The Racial Divide? by Steve Echeverria Jr.

Meet Bear Creek High School freshmen Josh Owenby and Trever Beidinger. They're probably the biggest pair of wiggers this side of River City. And the label doesn't bother them a bit.

Beidinger, 13, is sporting a pair of black Phat Farm sneakers, baggy blue denim Fubu pants and an Ecko baseball jersey. He tops his getup with an old-school Philadelphia Phillies baseball cap.

Owenby, 14, is swimming in a dark-and-light blue South Pole sweatsuit with matching Fubu tennis shoes. He said he got into hip-hop two years ago.

"I saw all these rappers on BET and MTV, and they seem to be getting all the girls," said Owenby, who likes to download music from rappers DMX and 50 Cent.

"Sometimes at school, people will say, 'Those are black people's clothes. Why are you trying to be black?' " he said, adding he gets the most criticism from his white friends. " 'You're white, you wigger.' "

Welcome to the world of wiggers, a hybrid of the word "white" and the N-word that -- depending on who you ask -- either reflects a white respect of black culture or is a demeaning label for poseurs stealing black fashion.

Whatever the case, Beidinger and Owenby are continuing a historic white fascination with black music and fashion that goes back to when the Cotton Club exposed uppercrust whites to Harlem jazz.

Truth is, wiggers are everywhere. White kids acting and dressing "black" are at the malls, music stores and nightclubs. But who are they? Where did they come from? And why do they do it?

Some call them race traitors, poseurs and just plain confused. Others are amused and even flattered.

The consensus among blacks and whites alike is that wiggers, or wiggaz, are white, affluent teens and twentysomethings who adopt the language, mannerisms and dress of young, urban blacks.

Whites have always loved black music and culture, including jazz, blues and rock 'n' roll. But the question of today's youth's fascination with black culture is whether it's a culture clash or an exchange.

There are Web sites addressing the issues, including wiggaz.com, which is dedicated to studying these so-called hip Anglos. The home page displays a bald white man -- dressed in a New York Yankee baseball jersey and visor -- hunched over turntables and flashing a peace sign.

"There are certain mysteries in life that need to be investigated and explained," said Mark Vukadinovich, the site's 27-year-old creator. "Wiggers defy explanation."

A full-time law student from Orange County, Vukadinovich created the Web site in June after his friends joked about their presence at a local mall. The site features several pages with photos of hard-looking white teens flashing hand signs and wearing flipped hats. The site also features a glossary of wiggerisms and a guest book. It takes a somewhat humorous, if not flip, approach to the lifestyle. In some instances, visitors can't tell whether Vukadinovich is making fun of wiggers or giving them props.

And Vukadinovich said some visitors carry their own prejudices to the site. The majority of guest-book writers are European rap fans, racists and white hip-hoppers.

Still, wiggaz.com has been featured in Maxim magazine. And a Danish hip-hop radio station has interviewed its creator.

"More than anything, I want people to see the daily strife that wiggers go through," Vukadinovich said, his tongue apparently planted firmly in his cheek. "We need to call attention to that lifestyle and stop ignoring it."

Perhaps the best way to understand wiggers is to visit their natural habitat. Walking into Tower Records in north Stockton one weekday afternoon, Ashlee Lockman and Laurel Gordon wore the female version of the wigger uniform: low-cut jeans and pastel-colored tops that reveal their belly buttons. They giggled while talking about the latest Chingy album and the Bad Boys II soundtrack.

"You know what a wigger is?"

They laugh.

"No one's ever said it to me," said Lockman, 14, revealing a smile full of braces. "Sometimes they use it joking around. But they use it to (diss) people, too."

The two future Lincoln High School freshmen said they had been into hip-hop since grammar school. The pair watch MTV and BET religiously for the "fashion and beats."

"My mom doesn't say much about (liking hip-hop culture)," Lockman said. "I kind of took after my brother."

They giggle, turn and walk away.

For Trever Beidinger, it's not an issue of race. It's just what's "in" right now.

"I don't care what people think," Beidinger said. "Clothes should be for everybody. People should dress however they want to. Some people say I dress nice for a white boy."

T.J. Jones and James Spivey, who are both black, were at the Sherwood Mall recently and take a different point of view. Wiggaz make them angry.

"I clown 'em," said Jones, 19, who's originally from Oakland. "(Whites) are biting our style because they ain't got no style. They trying to look as good as us, but they can't."

Mamie Darlington, who teaches black studies at University of the Pacific, was unfamiliar with the term "wiggers" but said she is familiar with "white kids who act black."

"I've seen these kids together, and it's kind of amusing to me," Darlington said. "I don't see it as negative. It's good to reinforce that black and white kids are more alike than different."

David "Davey D" Cook, a Bay Area hip-hop journalist and activist, says the term is offensive. First, he said, there's the suggestion of the use of the N-word. Second, "you're attributing certain behavior rooted in stereotypes and negativity.

"You get a white kid who has adopted a certain slang and dress, and suddenly to people he's a wigger." The flip side is that when a black person acts intelligent, they are accused of acting white, he said.

Those mannerisms come to mean some type of value on the socioeconomic level, Cook said. People want to be part of it.

"The root of it is people want to be powerful, so they imitate people who are powerful," Cook said. "Hip-hop has allowed a cultural exchange, for better or worse."

But the older generation, esconsed in decades of separatism, wants to continue to divide people among race and class. "They're comfortable stifling the potential we can all reach," Cook said.

Darlington observes that adopting a different cultural lifestyle is "a natural tendency for teens."

"It's an identity issue," she said. "They're at a development stage. They want to be accepted by their peers. We know identity is important. Why not embrace things that have positive aspects instead of dividing kids between race and class?"

The fashion, language and behavior is often projected as fun and romantic, but people who actually live the ups and downs of an urban black lifestyle don't see it that way, Cook said.

White youths need to make a deeper connection with black culture beyond the music and fashion, he said. People dress that way because they have no choice.

"Walking around with baggy pants is not a fashion statement for some people. It may be a necessity of things," he said.

The message may be working.

"White people don't care what they say about black people," said Owenby, the teen who has adopted black fashion as his own. "It's like they don't care what our (white) ancestors did to (blacks)."

Cook acknowledges there is something different about today's white youth.

"This generation, generally, is comfortable being influenced by people outside their ethnic background," Cook said. "But just because you have a Fubu outfit doesn't mean you understand the culture."

Vukadinovich said he's surprised more whites than blacks are offended by his Web site. "Especially in America, we don't have a cultural identity, so it's natural to take somebody else's," he said.

Blacks give his site mixed reviews.

"Some appreciate the humor, others don't. You see this kid who never shared an experience you have. And some people are offended, some think it's funny," he said. "Obviously, a white person can never appreciate what it's like to be black. So when they see someone trying to do it, it seems comical in a way. But they're opening up a debate across culture, and that's good."

Darlington said it's common sense.

"People are more alike than different. We need to celebrate the similarities," she said. "The whole issue of separating people is the real issue."

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 31st, 2003, 2:25 am

I think this term should be applied to white kids from the suburbs, not your more authentic white boy who actually grew up in the ghetto, what do you think?
I used to be a wigger. I went to school in a predominantly black ghetto and listened to hip hop and even developed an ebonics accent. I was the original wigger back in the 80's before they even had the term wigger.
I've since gotten back to my white roots. LOL

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 31st, 2003, 10:48 am

You are a trip Invincible. Where you from? (not a hitup just curious). I'm thinking Detroit but I could be way off. Now don't take ANY of this seriously but I wanted to see how DMX's song sounded with wigga in it:

Wiggaz wanna try, wiggaz wanna lie
Then wiggaz wonder why, wiggaz wanna die
All I know is pain
All I feel is rain
How can I maintain, with madd shit on my brain
I resort to violence, my wiggaz move in silence
Like you don't know what are style is
New York wiggaz the wildest
My wiggaz is with' it
You want it? come and get it
Took it then we split it
You fuckin' right we did it
What the fuck you gonna do, when we run up on you
fuckin' with' the wrong crew, don't know what we goin' thru
I'ma have ta show wiggaz how easily we blow wiggaz
When you find out there's somemore wiggas, that's runnin with your wiggaz.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 31st, 2003, 3:11 pm

Detroit is correct.

Question:
if a white kid hangs around mexicans is he a wexican?

if a black kid acts white he is a blaucasian?

Cheeks
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cheeks » January 1st, 2004, 4:44 am

Last edited by Cheeks on January 27th, 2005, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 8th, 2004, 11:34 am

^^ You gonna have a hard time if you go to State bro.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » January 8th, 2004, 11:52 am

wcrockets wrote:^^ You gonna have a hard time if you go to State bro.

yup, he sure is! he should start going to church now...lol.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » January 9th, 2004, 10:19 am

Ha Ha...Wigga's r funny man! And another - how about wastas? In the Uk there has been more white people growing dreadlocks the last ten years than black people, so does that make em wastas? Actually, many are 'Travellers', who live in old buses in the countryside and would give me a kickin if I called em wastas!

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 9th, 2004, 10:21 am

Oi Noog! Lol :)

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 9th, 2004, 10:43 am

Invincible wrote:Detroit is correct.

Question:
1. if a white kid hangs around mexicans is he a wexican?

2. if a black kid acts white he is a blaucasian?
1. If they like him, white blue collar working class kids from streets of LA will call him by his first name or nick name. Sure once in awhile, when everyone's partying or whatever they joke around a little and call him ese or some such thing but it's with a good spirit. White boys know La Raza have pride and balls and they have a sort of love/hate relationship with them.

2. In the blue collar world you don't see as much love usually here, but if you have an older black or two working in a yard with some whites they get along well with first names or nick names being used. But if you have a lot of young and older blacks and young and older whites working in a yard there can be some real tension there and it's a mixed bag. The young blacks will start bangin with the whites at some point because of some perceived injustice or another. I remember one time it started because a roach coach meal was given to a white person before a black person and the black person had ordered first. Stupid reason if you ask me for all the drama and firings that ensued but that's what happens. Many of the older blacks and some of the younger whites try to bring some peace to the situation but sometimes it just all goes to hell in a handbasket. That's what I've seen over the years. I know some older black men from clubs of yesterday that have reunions in parks every year and they are rightous. Slick smart fellas with a good sense of humor. You can learn a lot from them. I wish some of today's black youth would. Peace.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » January 27th, 2004, 4:28 pm

To cheeks. I'm white, I been bangin from a black neigborhood for over 10 years, and was affiliated before that. And that shi- ain't cool. I'd slap the shi- out of any whiteboy sying nigga for any reason. And You say it out of fellowship of the crips? what the hell is that, a new lord of the rings movie? You wouldn't be sayin it to the crips I know.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 28th, 2004, 9:58 am

Honestly that's what I've been trying to say. You just don't go throwing that around unless you can back it up. Though it is good the freedom exists for all people to use words.

Lol.. I wonder what the world will be like in 50 years. I'll be in a retirement home if I'm still alive. Will I be surrounded by laws that apply only to whites. I'll have to use separate drinking fountains, bathrooms, and restaurants. Will I be marching for MY equality? Will Blacks and La Raza have lost the streets and the prisons to the Whites? Lol..

I'm just tripping/playing with that for a second and no longer. But if that day did come, would a better job have been done or would it just be the inverse?

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » January 28th, 2004, 1:12 pm

don't take nike's advice take mine.

just don't do it!

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » January 31st, 2004, 10:21 pm

I think being "into" hip hop culture is fine....especially since its so mainstream now. Hip Hop is not like it used to be either...its "for everyone" now i guess.

BUT

Being a wannabe crip or blood is just plain stupid. Wearing baggy jeans and a hat and phat farms is fine i guess....but coupling that with a blue/red rag out of your back pocket to match your blue/red hat and blue/red laces...is just plain stupid...especially in southern calif.

You always see people like that though. They are wearing a seattle mariner cap, blue bandana underneath, white shoes with blue laces, blue jacket, and jeans with a wrist band that says "OC" (Orange County)....and under the jacket is a t shirt with a punk rock bands name on it.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » February 2nd, 2004, 10:08 am

A wrist band that say orange county huh. I personally thinks you're confused. But the only white wannabe crips I ever seen in Orange county were what I guess you'd consider official. In el toro and laguna hills in south county, there used to be quite a few Neighborhood crips that were white, but they were only claimin it cuz one or two fools came from LA and started jumpin white boys in to make an OC click, same thing for schoolyards in fullerton (or maybe anaheimHills/Brea?). Anyway, the crips from LA found out that when they got here, none of the blacks were tryin to bang no LA hood, so they got stuck with whiteboys. And these clicks (if you would even call them that) didn't last more than maybe 2 or 3 years, and they only lasted that long becasue they were located in white neighborthoods of cities that had no gangs, so they never ran into any real gang members.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » February 2nd, 2004, 10:30 am

Panik is right on point with his information.

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » February 3rd, 2004, 1:32 am

Panik wrote:A wrist band that say orange county huh. I personally thinks you're confused. But the only white wannabe crips I ever seen in Orange county were what I guess you'd consider official. In el toro and laguna hills in south county, there used to be quite a few Neighborhood crips that were white, but they were only claimin it because one or two fools came from LA and started jumpin white boys in to make an OC click, same thing for schoolyards in fullerton (or maybe anaheimHills/Brea?). Anyway, the crips from LA found out that when they got here, none of the blacks were tryin to bang no LA hood, so they got stuck with whiteboys. And these clicks (if you would even call them that) didn't last more than maybe 2 or 3 years, and they only lasted that long becasue they were located in white neighborthoods of cities that had no gangs, so they never ran into any real gang members.
Im not confused...i was just giving an off example. I dont know of any white crips in orange county. i was commenting on how many "wannabes" you can encounter...and when I say Orange County...i mean areas like Irvine, Yorba Linda, Laguna Niguel,...the rich areas basically where people dont know anything about gangs other than what they see on TV. Unless of course there are Irvine Gangsta Crips now...and Laguna Niguel Crip Gang...then yeah i guess i am confused. Last time I checked, you cant even be homeless in Irvine because its against the law...I dont think theres any room for gangs. Credible gangs that is...

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » February 23rd, 2004, 2:10 pm

YEAH KEEP EM CUMMIN

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » March 1st, 2004, 1:02 am

When I was in 7th grade I moved to a new school that was alot different than my old one. My old school was about 60% African American, 10% Hispanic, and about 30% White.
My old school was really chill and most of us got along.
When I, a white kid, moved to a school that was 100% white, I got on the bad side of a couple of the "wiggers"...all three of them.
Since I was the new guy and knew no one, I was picked on by them.
So, one day, I caught the biggest one in the bathroom by himself one day after school. I kicked the shit out of him. It is the worst ass kicking I have ever given...all he managed to do was give me a bloody nose. I gave him two black eyes, a broken nose, and a fat lip.
I then immeaditly went to the principals office and told them that he had jumped me in the bathroom.
I got an hour of detention and he got 2 weeks out of school suspension.
After that, no more problems.
Hell, later that year he apologized to me and we were on decent terms.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » March 1st, 2004, 1:57 am

""I then immeaditly went to the principals office and told them that he had jumped me in the bathroom. ""

say brother dont you think you could of been man enough to ride your beef? after all you say you were man enough to whup on him...why tell on him too?

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 1st, 2004, 6:24 pm

stateraised2000 wrote:""I then immeaditly went to the principals office and told them that he had jumped me in the bathroom. ""

say brother dont you think you could of been man enough to ride your beef? after all you say you were man enough to whup on him...why tell on him too?
My words exactly! LOL!

CrackerJack72

Unread post by CrackerJack72 » March 11th, 2004, 10:10 pm

Okay, now blacks use the word cracker as common as they use the word nigga. They denounce the white race purposely just for cruel commentary, or a fun time.
I am white. Blue is my favourite colour, and I wear it proudly because of that fact. I am not banging crips, or any other gang. I simply prefer the colour blue because it's my favourite. That is alright, right?
Now I have a question, if a white man lives around blacks his whole life, and is associated with blacks his whole life, does that give him the right to say the word nigga? I mean there is alot of talk from different black folks not all of them though that a white person has to gain the respect from the black race and earn the privaledge to say the word nigga. Now is this true?

And I wonder why it is considered an insult from a white person, but if a asian or a hispanic says is, they are all like " Wassup my nigga?" " Ah nuttin my nigga wassup with you" But if a white person says it " Wassup my nigga" " What the fuck you jus say cracker *Punch*" Can someone help me understand this a little bit more?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 11th, 2004, 11:17 pm

oListen bro, you've got to transcend the wanting it to be fair in this life and concentrate on your choices and actions making a better life for you and your neighbors regardless of race. That's where the good starts.

Truth is, fair doesn't even enter to it. Personally, the tragedy that some Black people have endured over the past 200 years would boggle your mind if you did a proper analysis of it. Nevertheless, and I'm speaking tot he brothers now, we've all been through shi_t but we understand some worse than others. Repaying evil for evil will lead to your eternal downfall eventually. So for those of us that come together for good and don't admit the evil intlo our midst, though we do the outkast, I have a message. Stay the course! In addition to learning, growing, and developing self discipline, there is an eternal reward. Peace out.

3paw

Unread post by 3paw » March 14th, 2004, 2:54 pm

What up everyone this is my first post on these Forums - hope I don't tread on nobdy's toes, b nice ;)

I'm a rapper from the UK, an area of England called Gloucester, (For those who don't know its quite rough in parts, and where Fred West was from...) The population is very mixed, pretty evenly in the center between whites, blacks, and asians. When living there I felt very little racial predudices, everyone's respect was built on your merits and actions not the colour of your skin. Whilst England as a whole is predominantly white, in the area where I lived all my young life was a nice crossbreed of many cultures, white hip-hop heads existed along side black goth rockers without either appearing strange. The general way people dressed was heavily influenced by Hip-hop, Skate and Punk fashions. I grew up listenning to NWA and the Beastie Boys, through the early Death Row releases from Dre, Snoop and PAC, to Eminem, Jay-Z and So-Solid.

So here was me, as White as the day, but listenning to Hiphop since I was born, rapping since I was nine (I'm now 22) and everybody was cool about that. I wear baggy jeans, hoodies, sometimes American style sports tops, and certainly plenty of Bling (in a fake, faux-ghetto marketstall kinda way) as was common in Central Gloucester. Nobody ever criticised me for being a rapper, or using certain street slang terms etc. and I thought nothing of it, it comes very naturally to me. Sure there were gangs and fights but never over something as superficial as skin color, religion, clothes, etc. more about who slept with whos girl or who stole whos ride...

Then some real heavy stuff blew up to do with the general street culture and I thought it safer for my kids if we moved to a quieter area, and I moved to Somerset in the UK. I carried on rapping and traveled round various events and clubs in local-ish areas. Suddenly I came up against a lot of ridicule from both both white and black young people who lived there, often being labelled a 'Wigga'. I blew it off and just carried on, so much of rap culture is dissing each other anyways so I just dissed em back and did my thing.

At worst in various areas I have had weapons drawn on me, groups of youths attacking me, usually black people thinking that a white person who raps is somehow dissrespecting them or their culture - often accusing me of being racist. To me this seems madness as surely they are the ones being racist saying that only people with certain colour skin can do certain things or wear certain clothes? I have never been even close to what I would consider a racist, to me skin colour is as unimportant to me as colour of eyes or how tall you are... beating somebody over such an issue to me seems futile to say the least, but seemingly in this new area it happenned :(

Anyways, I can watch my business pretty well so I just carried on, trying not to offend anybody but still defending my right to be who I am. Eventually people of any race started to actually listen to me rap at events and decided I was pretty good :D People started to accept me for my music and lyrics and not just see the color of my skin. It seemed that the more I sent myself up, making references to the negative stereotypes people labelled me with and dissing myself warmed some people to me cos I didn't take myself too seriously, and eventually some of the harder to please crowd gave in and thought I was OK. It didn't stop them calling me a Wigga though, so I accepted that and just rolled with it, kindof like an acceptance as such, "he's ok for a white" mentality. And I was cool with that, but still found it weird that it was an issue in the first place!

They labelled me "Punk Ass Wigga, Pimpin All Women, Purile Anally-Obsessed Whitetrash" - or 3PAW for short. I think I was supposed to find it offensive or as a diss, but I took it in good stead and actually referred to myself with that name in some verses. It was kind of true, as I was white, full of myself, lived in a trailer park, spoke about sex on record a lot, so I found it accurate - in a knowingly joking kind of fashion. Pretty soon it stuck, and now a few years on, people use it as an endearing or even respectful name for me. I have rapped on UK TV and Radio as 3PAW, and am recording my first solo studio album under the moniker. I've even seen some hillarious entries under '3paw' in urbandictionary, mostly appearing after my recent TV appearances. Feel free to goto it and post random obscenities, people tend to lol

I wouldn't say I'm proud of the term Wigga exactly, but it certainly doesn't offend me anymore, and I'll often use it to descibe myself, purely as a measure to say 'well yeah, some people think that so I don't wanna make an issue of it'. Personally I've found that whether its racism from Whites against blacks, or blacks against whites, the less seriously you take it, the less it happens. Easily the biggest pioneer of Hip-hop in the UK is Tim Westwood, a white guy who gets mad props from all the big ballers from the States. He was on good terms with both Tupac and Biggie before their unfortunate passing, and is strongly in with Dre, Snoop, Eminem, Sean Combs, Jay-Z and many others and I have never once heard him or any of them make reference to the fact he is White - and in my opinion thats the way it should be. (To any1 who knows Westwood, 'Holler at your Butler baby boy! - Kiss the Ring! lol')

At the end of the Day, Hip-hop shouldn't be an exclusive club, anybody with a beat in their heart and a story to tell should be free to speak their mind. It's the most expressive form of music, dance, and art available - so lets share the love people. Everyone is equal in the eyes of a child, and personally I think the world would be a lot better place if certain areas of the media or society didn't beat that out of us so damned young.

No disrespect to anybody, lets just keep it together, keep it real, and make it about the music. Thats what's important. Freedom of speech, freedom of expression, and tolerance for all cultures is the backbone of modern Western Society, and thats something we should all be proud of.

Holler

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » March 16th, 2004, 12:19 am

Well, I was a tall skinny white kid, and I lived w/ my mom in a mostly black neighborhood and got attacked for being white (and tall and skinny) and my dad lived in the 'burbs.I rode public transportation 1.5 hrs each way. That'll give a kid some rage problems!), and out in the 'burbs I was REALLY attacked alot, for being poor, looking and sounding different, using "black" slang, (and being tall and skinny.) This was in the 80's, when it wasn't cool, yet, to identify with african american culture, so imagine the weird racist attacks I suffered at the hands of white kids. I held my own at home and at school, but it was really alot of trading blows. I ended up pretty messy looking, got tons of fat lips, black eyes, and bruised ribs.

3paw

Unread post by 3paw » March 16th, 2004, 12:41 am

Man thats not cool I'm sorry to hear that.

Like I said, I've been attacked a few times for it so I guess it depends what area you are in. I did most of my growing up in the early to mid 90s tho which I guess were more tolerant times for such issues as Hip-hop became more mainstream and mixed - even Bart Simpson rapped ;) lol

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 16th, 2004, 3:19 pm

I agree that's not cool at all. Sorry to hear that Invincible. I had gangs on me from time to time to where I lived because I was one of only a handful of white boys around. I won't bore you with the wild stories but I had some good Mexican and White homies that went back to back with me a few times and stomped and got our respect. My best friend was a BIG 1/2 Irish 1/2 Sicilian crazy mofo transplant from Chicago. I got through it with a lot less than you sounds like. You was alone and that's not right. Peace.

indyjrt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by indyjrt » March 16th, 2004, 8:17 pm

About 12 years ago (I don't know why I remember this but...) I saw these two white boys walking down Katella toward Beach Blvd in Stanton, wearing red shoes, red hat, and other red clothes. I was like "What the hell is that." I thought what a couple of morons, and laughed the whole way home.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 16th, 2004, 10:06 pm

12 years ago there was a set called Mexican Piru not too far from where you're talkin about, who knows? It coulda been some whiteboys from a mexican blood gang. Or it coulda been some whiteboys that just liked red.