South Korea

Discuss Afghanistan [Afġānistān, افغانستان], Bahrain, Brunei, Cambodia, China [中华/中華, Zhonghua], East Timor, Indonesia, Iran [Irān, جمهوری اسلامی ایران], Iraq [al-‘Irāq, العراق], Israel [מְדִינַת יִשְׂרָאֵל, Yisrā'el], Japan [日本国], Jordan [Al-Mamlaka al-Urduniyya al-Hashemiyya], Korea [한국, Hanguk], Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nippon, Oman, Pakistan [Pākistān, اسلامی جمہوریۂ پاکستان], Palestine [As-Sulṭa Al-Filasṭīniyya,السلطة الوطنية الفلسطينية], Philipines [Pilipinas, pɪlɪˈpinɐs], Qatar, Saudi Arabia [as-Su‘ūdīyah, as-Su‘ūdīyah], Singapore [Singapura, 新加坡共和国], Syria, Taiwan, Thailand [Thai, ราชอาณาจักรไทย], United Arab Emirates [دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة], Vietnam [Việt Nam].and Yemen.
statis

Re: South Korea

Unread post by statis » September 27th, 2004, 2:34 am

Not much going on as far as street gangs are concerned.

There is "mafia" however. Mostly dealing in prostitution, stolen merchandise, extortion.

MRxCLOUDYxLOC
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MRxCLOUDYxLOC » October 16th, 2004, 7:20 pm

in Korea they got like school fights... like the top dog, the jjang, of one school will own that school and they go to other schools and have big ass fights... no guns, mostly fists, maybe a few bats.. same on the streets, lil crews or schools knuckle up with other foos.. and as far as gangs go, they just got organized stuff like old Korean businessmen, they head up crazy like. Aint many guns in Korea so these foos is some crazy fighters, mostly all fist, sometimes use bats, poles, or knives.

GWUN TWO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by GWUN TWO » January 22nd, 2005, 12:13 pm

You think the korean mob could stand agaisnt the traids or yakuza?

js83
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by js83 » January 28th, 2005, 8:31 pm

GWUN TWO wrote:You think the korean mob could stand agaisnt the traids or yakuza?
no.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » January 29th, 2005, 3:17 am

Korean mobsters do not have the numbers that the Yakuza and Triads do. that's like comparin' Asian Boyz to every single crip gang in LA.

if it were purely a scrap...goin' at it from the shoulders. i'd say Korean mobs have some of the best fighters hands down...but they are just too outnumbered...

los angeles

Unread post by los angeles » May 4th, 2005, 7:00 pm

there were gangs in korea like back since the 30s, such as "ju-mok", which means fist, and there was the gang called kk, korean killers, long time ago, i dont kno wen it was around and someone told me they came to america, then they had the last generation of this gang which they called lgkk, last generation korean killers, which were the obviously the last generation of it. i also read somewhere that yakuza was brought from korea, but i dont think that's true. and i do agree that korean mafias wouldnt b able to beat the yakuzas cuz by now they prolly hav thousands of members, and the thing about asia is gangs there are diffrent from american gangs and are more like mafias

rtae

Unread post by rtae » May 4th, 2005, 9:33 pm

isn't there a korean gang called Korea town Gangsters...sorry if im wrong. dats wat i heard. located in korea town in cali.

los angeles

Unread post by los angeles » May 4th, 2005, 10:22 pm

well yea, but i was mainly talkin about the ones in korea, theres a lot of korean gangs in la like mbz, ntz, ktg, ktm, lb, km, ktg, etc. i dont kno that many, i havnt recently heard anything about gangs in korea nowadays, if there are, i dont think theyre not like the ones they had a few generations ago which were like mafias mostly of older men, not like those of america where gangs have members that are a lot teenagers, well mafias in korea now they just own businesses and stuff like the yakuza

DROOPY
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DROOPY » May 4th, 2005, 11:41 pm

wuts ntz stand for?

los angeles

Unread post by los angeles » May 5th, 2005, 7:11 am

someone told me bout'em, its notorious something

rtae

Unread post by rtae » May 5th, 2005, 4:29 pm

any rag claiming in korea? like blue rag or black rag or something. or is it just the names of the clique that dey represent.

js83
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by js83 » May 9th, 2005, 9:53 pm

los angeles wrote:well yea, but i was mainly talkin about the ones in korea, theres a lot of korean gangs in la like mbz, ntz, ktg, ktm, lb, km, ktg,
some of those gangs aint even active anymore...there really aint a "real" korean gang in ktown...not like KK and shit.

GWUN TWO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by GWUN TWO » May 17th, 2005, 9:17 pm

Naw man aint no color claimin or any of that BS in Korea. The gang culture is totally different. Most the thugs you see in Korea dont dress any different from anybody else.

Honestly though, I think the average Korean 16 year old will win in a scrap between a 16 year old american whether they asian, black, white or latino. I used to live in Korea for about two years in middle school. Our middle school was connected to the high school and I had hella hyungs from the high school... I would always see them bruised up or bleeding. Most of us in the US think were so tough cos weve been in a fight 20 times or poked with a shank once or twice right? Well these kids get into fights literally EVERYDAY. At school there would be atleast 2 bloody fights everyday. My hyung gets stabbed and this guy doesnt even get help. He just takes a fuckin shower and sleeps LOL

Psycho23

Unread post by Psycho23 » July 7th, 2005, 2:02 am

Koreans don't have a real gang culture. They just beat the shit out of each other. High Schools have rivalries similar to street gangs out here in LA, but since guns are outlawed to the public in Korea, shanking a rival is as bad as it gets. They can fight though. I got into a fight with some low lives over their... they don't just use their fists, they use their legs and head as well. It was the first time i ever got my as beat so badly. a tip for any hard fools going to korea... don't act like youre the shit cuz they wear tight clothes... them boys in preppy clothes will knock your ass out in a heartbeat.

js83
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by js83 » July 11th, 2005, 9:19 pm

Psycho23 wrote:Koreans don't have a real gang culture. They just beat the shit out of each other. High Schools have rivalries similar to street gangs out here in LA, but since guns are outlawed to the public in Korea, shanking a rival is as bad as it gets. They can fight though. I got into a fight with some low lives over their... they don't just use their fists, they use their legs and head as well. It was the first time i ever got my as beat so badly. a tip for any hard fools going to korea... don't act like youre the shit because they wear tight clothes... them boys in preppy clothes will knock your ass out in a heartbeat.
another thing about those high school gangs in korea...i heard that the "jo pok" controlls those kids...then later on they recruit em into the mob...

IKIBone

Unread post by IKIBone » July 12th, 2005, 11:42 pm

dont asia got more mafia type gangs? ive seen pictures of korean and, also asianmafias in general before. they dont relaly dress hiphop, they hav a lot of tattoos all over their backs, arms, and chest. the drawings has drawings of dragons and asian stuff. they usually wear suits and i think theres rankings. the higher rankings arent usually teens. they look around 30-60 years old. they also run businesses. its done much differently than in america. ive seen some movie called chingu long time ago with my friend. it was about a couple of high school kids and they join mafia gangs. one of'em had a father who was already in a gang. and a lot of rivalry goes on.

mr_f0o

Unread post by mr_f0o » July 22nd, 2005, 2:14 pm

korea has the craziest fighter with balls. im from korea and i got in hella high school fights. theres no gang banging or what color u represent its all about if u have the balls to show that ur the best fighter. u gotta make people respect...thats all wat it is about in korea street fights. now speaking of gangs...its mostly buinsness men. they make people owe money for em and if dey dont, they dey get hella people and just fucks the people up till the money is given. thats buisness for them or they own night clubs. and also guns are illegal in korea, so basically if dey wana use weapons its always an axe, bats, pipe, watever u name it. no guns tho...dats why koreanz are good at street fighting.

IKIBone

Unread post by IKIBone » July 28th, 2005, 10:46 pm

heard somewhere that yakuza was started from korea...i dont kno for sure tho

DROOPY
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DROOPY » July 29th, 2005, 2:39 am

there are many koreans that hold high rank in the yakuza, several leaders are korean.

GWUN TWO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by GWUN TWO » August 10th, 2005, 10:03 pm

Yes there are a lot of Korean leaders and members in the Yakuza...

In Japan, Koreans are looked down upon, many cannot get good paying jobs, they are treated as almost unhuman. Crime is the only way many of the Korean Yakuza members are able to earn decent money.

dosoc

Unread post by dosoc » October 15th, 2005, 5:29 pm

thats BS koreans arent looked down on in japan. koreans always complain about that shit but so many koreans became so succesful in japan not just as gangster but as bosses of companies (like the huge food cmpany lotte) and many many entertainer on tv are koreans too. true they change there name to japanese but so what so do korean in america!

Doshen
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Doshen » November 1st, 2005, 5:06 pm

koreans are complainers. when they speak they sound like they're whining. my two cents

iyyim

Unread post by iyyim » November 27th, 2005, 1:51 pm

los angeles wrote:well yea, but i was mainly talkin about the ones in korea, theres a lot of korean gangs in la like mbz, ntz, ktg, ktm, lb, km, ktg, etc. i dont kno that many, i havnt recently heard anything about gangs in korea nowadays, if there are, i dont think theyre not like the ones they had a few generations ago which were like mafias mostly of older men, not like those of america where gangs have members that are a lot teenagers, well mafias in korea now they just own businesses and stuff like the yakuza
lgkk still actived?

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » January 15th, 2008, 6:12 pm

alotta corruption in the korean system, thats where the mobs come in.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 15th, 2008, 10:09 pm

Yup. North Korea is corrupted like a motha fucka. One of the ways they survive is by counter fitting money. Why do people think the head of North Korea is so crazy though? Besides the fact he makes people praise him like a God. Whats his name again? I heard North Korea and South Korea was talking about making peace, sup with that?

CoreaTown

Unread post by CoreaTown » January 15th, 2008, 10:27 pm

NikexCortez wrote:Yup. North Korea is corrupted like a motha fucka. One of the ways they survive is by counter fitting money. Why do people think the head of North Korea is so crazy though? Besides the fact he makes people praise him like a God. Whats his name again? I heard North Korea and South Korea was talking about making peace, sup with that?
What I heard: It's gonna take a while but North Korea and South Korea areending the Korean War officially. Cause if you know the history the Korean War actually never ended with a treaty or whatever, thye just stopped fighting. So they actually signed a peace treaty and now the broken up families in the Korean peninsula are ablet o reunite. This was able because South Korea agreed to help North Korea economically and such.

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » January 20th, 2008, 11:43 am

i was in korea a few years ago, and frmo wat i figure, alotta the younger generation is down for the reunification, while the older heads are more stubborn. also, south korea really has no incentive for reunification, besides the fact that the north korean ruler is a nut case.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 20th, 2008, 1:13 pm

^^ why is he a nut case?

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » March 24th, 2008, 12:41 pm

some koreans know how to fight, they look skinny but they know how to fight

beno
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: westwood