Martial Arts

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Martial Arts

Unread post by Helms » May 6th, 2005, 9:01 am

Does anyone here train in any martial arts? I've been doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for a little while now, and when my body can handle it I do a little boxing/kickboxing MMA etc. My Jiu Jitsu teacher competes in NHB fights, so the mixed martial arts classes there just teach a bit of everything. Whatever will win a fight. Like I said though I focus primarily on the BJJ.

swede viking

Re: Martial Arts

Unread post by swede viking » May 7th, 2005, 5:47 am

I train some boxing, but thats mostly on the side of my weightlifting, my brother has trained karate, shotfighting and boxing, but he only trains boxing now

Bo$$
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bo$$ » May 7th, 2005, 7:26 am

I was becoming a big time boxer around the age of 13, but unfortunutly we had to move so i cuddent box for over 2 years. Now im mainly doing it for fun and to keep my criple ass in shape.

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » May 7th, 2005, 2:12 pm

This is me......
http://www.fighting.net/

Bring it biaaa tch

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 7th, 2005, 2:18 pm

I dont' know, you don't look too yoked. And why do white dudes feel extra bad when they learn Asian fighting styles? Come on lets keep it real if your on some aryan pride shit why don't you stay off the Asian styles. Your just trying to be Asian.

king v8
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by king v8 » May 8th, 2005, 9:36 am

5 years kick and thai-boxing
did 2 years free-fight
and i still love it

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » May 8th, 2005, 9:44 am

I want to learn Kung Fu, I heard it's the best of all fighting styles anyone know if that's true after all Bruce Lee was the king of Kung Fu.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » May 9th, 2005, 11:39 am

gong fu is good for anybody,because it supports your own way movement the best.Jeet Kune Do is Bruce LEe style or philisophy.You can learn a lot on less effort,and feel better immediately.seems like healthy sport.
-if do mind price?have you got sports program by community or something.I got 4 of them in 70000 peeps town.more like nonprofit.ther is Judo very popular.Jiu-Jitsu/Ju-Jitsu is wided with kicks and karatestyle.
whatever.Just try go there 3-4 times see peeps there on several days and decide.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » May 9th, 2005, 7:50 pm

Acme in the Exercise thread you posted your stats as:

6'5"
260LBS
7% body fat
58" Chest
34" inch waist,
21 1/2 Biceps

There is no way the dude on http://www.fighting.net has 21" arms, you calim to be Paul Vanuk but he is built nowhere near the stats quoted above.

What gives?

DC

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » May 10th, 2005, 11:18 am

nigga was lying homie --- dont believe any of the shit you read here just take it into mind, son is a super hero

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » May 10th, 2005, 11:27 am

done some judo when i was young but got hooked on kick-boxing. im hooked on Thai boxing now, but i hate being 215lbs cos it makes me a heavy weight and im having to spar with big lads whos 240lbs.

Red Kelly
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Red Kelly » May 10th, 2005, 3:05 pm

I don't think Acme has ever claimed to be Paul Vunak. I think he posted the website to show a fighting style that he practiced. He has already said before that he works in construction and never claimed to be a martial arts master. I think its funny how people on this site take everything he says so seriously and then try to discredit him and call him a fraud because they disagree. I've been on this site a few years now and nothing he has ever said has made me think he was making stuff up. You may not agree with all he says but it is nice to have a fresh opinion that goes against the grain every once in a while. It's funny that people attack the person they think is "white supremacist" LOL but they never attack the credentials of anybody else.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 10th, 2005, 3:28 pm

You're telling me this dude doesn't want this type of attention? I think Acme came on here saying Whites shouldn't do this or that, so if that's the case I think it should be extended to also not learning Martial Arts. LOL make sense to you now? Sarcasm, homie. Not 'attacking credentials'.

dude starts up threads like 'minorities don't work - get a job' or 'blacks have been implanted with a chip'. Come on it's just for controversy.

Red Kelly
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Red Kelly » May 10th, 2005, 3:58 pm

Sorry I didn't pick up on your sarcasm but I actually was not even looking at your post. DC said Acme claimed to be Vunak and I responded. I'm sure he does like a little controversy every now and then but your missing the entire point of my post. An outrageous post every now and then does not make him a liar or a fraud. Some of what you think is outrageous may be much more realistic to someone in a different situation.

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Paul Vunak..........is

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » May 30th, 2005, 6:54 pm

I never said I was Paul Vunak. I just trained under him for 10 years. Still do... When I said this is me, It was meant as this ( PFS ) was what I have trained in. You all just fly off the handle so strangely like your out to squash me. Purple Pussy, what is your cheese toast ass doing on here?
( Mr. Harlem Gangster ) Harledm is like Beverly Hills gangster......All show, no go...

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » June 15th, 2005, 7:36 pm

Tyson gonna do K-1 next?

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » June 16th, 2005, 2:29 am

this sanda coach/sifu has some wild stories about his master:
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/s ... ge=1&pp=15
Back in either 1989 or 1990, my teacher and I, along with David Ross and another classmate, were invited to attend a demonstration in Boston, MASS. We packed up my car and drove to Boston. For those of you who knew Sifu Chan Tai-San, any road trip, let alone a 4 hour one, was an experience. You never knew what he was going to want to do, where he would direct you to drive, or when you would get yelled at. I say when, because it wasn't a matter of if, it was just a matter of 'when' would you make some sort of non-Chinese blunder that would get his blood boiling.

Anyway, after driving to several rest stations to find his favorite food, Kentucky fried Chicken (He would designate which chicken establishment we were to drive to by gestureing as if he has a long beard (Col. Sanders) or Roy Rogers (By making a triangle on his head to simulate a hat)) we finally got to our destination. He has chicken and he was happy. After a brief visit with the Col., we got on the road again.

Chinatown was quiet at 2:30 in the afternoon, and Sifu had directed to a Chinese resturant which was closed. We tried to tell him it was closed and he just waved us off and knocked on the door.

As the door opened, we were greeted by a dozen workers and people who were obviously waiting for us to arrive. They brought out tons of food for everyone to eat and the owner proceeded to tell us this story;

Fortunatly, he spoke English pretty well (I speak cantonese like a 5 year old kid) and he talked about a fight with Sifu Chan and a White Crane master. It seems that the White Crane guys (who was in his 40's) had mentioned to someone that he thought Chan tai-san was old and useless (Sifu Chan was in his 60's). To make a long story short, a fight was aranged between the two men.

The cool thing about the guy telling the story is, that he was a kung-fu guy and told us what techniques were actually used. Since both mem did similiar styles, it was exciting to hear the play-by-play. The guy was in his 40's and he said he had seen this happen as a teen-ager or maybe when he was 20.

He said that the WC guy threw Kahp Choih and Gok Choih (Stamping and Hooking/Horn Fists) at Sifu Chan, attacking violiently. Sifu Chan used the Lama principle "Siim" to evade, and countered each technique with it's mirror image. Sifu Chan shaved the angle (as he was much more experienced) and struck the WC guy with every countered strike.

Finally, after the WC attacked again with a Hook Punch, Sifu Chan ducked under, lifted him up with "Jyu Geng Pao Choih" (Mirror Hand Uppercut) to the solar plexis and then "Biin" (Whipping first) to the face with a cross step sweep. The WC guy fell on the floor, made a strange sound and never got up.

The guy telling the story also added that before the fight, the two men signed an agreement (which it turns out was not at all uncommon) that if "either of them die, it's ok and there will be no restitution against the other person's family."

Just like I always say, "You gotta get it in writing!"

Respectfully,

Sifu Michael Parrella
Master Parrrella's Kung-Fu Center
http://www.nykungfu.com
Chan Tai San was a fighter, in every sense of the word. I've talked before about the 42nd street indicent. I think I talked about the time he came home and casually mentioned as he made dinner that he'd been jumped by 7 guys on the subway.... I thought I'd share two stories here tonight...

I was in the association hall on Bayard late one night. At the beginning especially, we'd often be there until 11 or later at night. We fell in love with practice, so much so I dropped out of school for a semester....

This was early on, I didn't speak cantonese really yet, so what transpired remains a mystery to me. Chan Tai San was cooking dinner, a common thing around that hour for him. Two guys came into the associaiton hall, one middle aged (50's) and another rather young (he was my age, early 20's).

Whatever was going on, the middle aged guy did the talking, Chan Tai San was obviously annoyed and waved his hand at the guy. Chan Tai San walked around and the middle aged guy followed him around. The volume of the "discussion" went up and it was clearly an argument after a minute or so....

Sifu Chan was walking across the floor again, when suddenly the young guy took a fighting stance, looked like a Muay Thai stance, and started dancing around Sifu Chan.

I was young and stupid, at first I thought "wow, Sifu is old so I'd better fight this guy"

I was about to learn my lesson.

Sifu Chan didn't take a stance, he said something to the guy, who made a funny face (knowing Sifu later on over the years, I can guess the sort of thing he might have said, but I can't ever be sure, I didn't speak back then)

the guy was still in his stance, sort of dancing about, Sifu Chan made his "chyuhn choih" noise, hit the guy ONCE. He went all stiff like a board, fell back on his heels, fell flat on the ground...

Sifu Chan said something to the middle aged guy, I can be pretty sure it must have been to teh effect of "now, get the F out of here"

The middle age guy helped the young guy get up, the left, and I never saw them again....

Sifu continued to make dinner

Years later, Sifu had moved out of the association hall and was living in Brooklyn. It was like an hour ride on the subway there. I got there one day, with Michael Parrella, and we found a note on the door. My Chinese wasn't great, nor was sifu's writing very good. So we took the note downstairs to the resteraunt and the owner translated for us

"sorry, not here, went to have challenge match, come back tomorrow"

WHAT!

I asked him to read it again, same answer

WHAT?

The owner added, "oh yeah, he went to park in Chinatown to fight two guys, he said he'll see me later"

Needless to say, we were back on the train a minute later, heading to Chinatown....

We knew which park it was, and we ran there from the Grand Street station. But we got there, and there was nothing going on. So we went to Tin Yik restaraunt and I talked to my "uncle"

There is a saying, "sifu for a day, sifu for life". My sifu had a lot of "students" in Chinatown, even if they were average people who had only studied a little and were now running businesses and not "martial arts guys"

One had a bad gambling debt and owed some money. Normally, this was just the sort of normal stuff that goes on in Chinatown and that was not why my sifu got involved. he got involved because the guys who came to collect had smacked his student's wife. That was "low class" and out of the "undeground code" (now, my sifu probably at some point in his life broke legs collecting for someone, but he had "standards" and hitting women was out of the standard)

So, for this reason, sifu was going to have a fight with these two guys...

According to my "uncle" we had missed the fight by about 25 minutes. Sifu was probably already back at home having dinner. We were just dumb lo faan

"How did it go" we of course asked?

Well, one guy didn't want to fight at all, so it was Sifu and the other guy.

"and"? was the obvious question!

Guy took one swing at Sifu, sifu dropped him with a sweep, kicked him in the head and then lectured him for 5 minutes. The guy apologized. Sifu went home. For us a huge event, for my sifu, just SOP in his lifestyle....
The very first time we went to one of Sifu Tai Yim's events, Sifu Chan is doing his Chi Kung demo. As usual I am translating his comments into English. So you have

Chan Tai San: I am very happy to be here as Sifu Tai Yim's event

Me; translate into English

Chan: I knew him when he was a little boy, I was friends with his teacher and studied with his si-gung

Me; translate into English

Chan: Tai Yim's Si Gung, the "white haired devil" was very famous

Me: translate into English

Chan: for killing a lot of guys

Me: SILENT (I aint no dummy)

Sifu Chan continued about how the White Haired Devil had killed so many people that their families hired men to go and kill him. I am no dummy, I am not translating this! So on he goes.

The Chinese are dying laughing! The Americans are asking me why I'm not translating. I'm just standing there, hoping he'll change topics. Of course, Sifu Chan continues

Sifu Chan talks about how a bunch of these hired killers surrounded the place White Haired Devil was having tea in, White Haired Devil breaks off the legs of the table that he's eating at, goes outside to beat them to death

I'm not touching it!

Sifu Yim, realizing that the lack of translation is a bad thing, tries to ad lib....

Sifu Tai Yim: "Master Chan is happy to be here. He says that kung fu is excellent for everyone, an excellent way to get healthy"

Only problem, while sifu is talking, he's mimicing the blood and mayhem with his hands. His body language is anything but about "health and spiritual development"

The Chinese in attendance are dying laughing...

Sifu Tai Yim keeps trying to ad libb

Sifu Chan is mimicing White Haired Devil choking to death the last guy

I'm just standing there....

Sifu Chan "and that's how White Haired Devil beat six guys to death with table legs"

I jump right in "and now Sifu Chan will do his next Chi Gung demonstration"

I honestly though Tai Yim was gonna kill me

(5, 4, 3, 2.......
some pics of the master:
http://www.nykungfu.com/school/Grandmas ... ai-San.asp
pic of the white haired devil:
http://www.taiyimkungfu.com/System.php
http://hungfut.co.uk/

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 15th, 2005, 6:30 pm

bullshido.com

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 15th, 2005, 7:17 pm

I am a mixed martial arts trainer.

Freestlye fighting mostly, but I have experience in Ju Jitsu, Muy Thai, Boxing, Wrestling and shootfighting.

I own a gym here in Chicago, if anyone in the Chicago area is interested in learning or becoming a fighter, PM me and Ill give you info on my gym.

By the way, we have worked with many UFC and pride fighters, including
my mom's little brother David "Tank" Abbott.

We have also worked with many other fighters, so I encourage anyone in the area to stop by.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 15th, 2005, 7:18 pm

AcmeWhiteBread wrote:This is me......

Bring it biaaa tch
Thats your pic?

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 15th, 2005, 7:19 pm

Dr. Gonzo wrote:I want to learn Kung Fu, I heard it's the best of all fighting styles anyone know if that's true after all Bruce Lee was the king of Kung Fu.
Kung Fu is good for personal enrichment.

The only proven best fighting styles are Ju Jitsu and Muy Thai.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 15th, 2005, 7:21 pm

MICK wrote:
AcmeWhiteBread wrote:This is me......

Bring it biaaa tch
Thats your pic?
Nevermind Acme, I just realised you already answered that.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 15th, 2005, 8:30 pm

I have never regretted the times in my life I trained MA other than the zen buddhist karate master. I wasn't into the occult zen magic thing. Had to repent of it. But the Gracie jiu-jitsu, gung fu, and TKD was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it thoroughly. The training and matches were intense and it felt good to belong to something that was mostly positive. It's behind me now though. I concentrate on the pursuit of knowledge and understanding and, of course, finding inexpensive places to eat.. lol. I may end up a college professor next year as a result of a lot of hard work reinventing myself for the better. Peace.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 15th, 2005, 8:33 pm

Hey Kemo, thats realy f*ckin cool brother. You should be very proud of yourself. Congrats, I respect the hell outta that.

How old are you brother?

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 15th, 2005, 8:40 pm

Thanks. I also had respect for the friends I met in MMA that boxed and wrestled. And that training ACME does, in my opinion, is realistic and useful inside or out. But I'm done with all that now. Just on a positive track and finishing my education up. Planning on teaching and finishing my PhD if the Lord opens the door early next year. Trying to share some of what I know and believe in. I respect others opinions though including when they disagree with me. No one respects a clown though. I'm in my mid forties. How about yourself? What are you about?

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 15th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Im almost 30 brother.

I opened my gym last December with alot of hard work.
We rent out an old warehouse that used to produce plastic palets.
They cleared all the equipment out, and we filled it with a boxing ring, and
an octagon MMA caged ring, along with a weights area, 16 punching bags and a shower room. Me and my brother put it all together.
Its paying off though, we've got 42 members. The biggest headache is all the legal paperwork. Theres alot of legal sh*t when dealing with a gym, especaily a boxing or MMA gym.

But its going well. You what made you want to be a professor?

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 15th, 2005, 9:15 pm

Sounds rightous. Good for you for taking the initiative and making it a reality. Yes the legal and accounting in your own business isn't fun. I'm sure you would rather just be building your business with hard work.. but be sure to dot your i's and cross your t's though. It's just not worth it not to these days. One of the guys I know that opened his own place contracted out the bookkeeping and collections (for a percentage) and since he was with one of the Gracie association they had all the contracts so he was in good shape. He didn't have to do anything but take money and train his students. How easy is that? :).

Yes I should be teaching college next Summer and I believe I will be starting my PhD. But I'm open to wherever the Lord leads so we'll see. You teach MMA?

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 15th, 2005, 9:46 pm

Kemosave wrote:Sounds rightous. Good for you for taking the initiative and making it a reality. Yes the legal and accounting in your own business isn't fun. I'm sure you would rather just be building your business with hard work.. but be sure to dot your i's and cross your t's though. It's just not worth it not to these days. One of the guys I know that opened his own place contracted out the bookkeeping and collections (for a percentage) and since he was with one of the Gracie association they had all the contracts so he was in good shape. He didn't have to do anything but take money and train his students. How easy is that? :).

Yes I should be teaching college next Summer and I believe I will be starting my PhD. But I'm open to wherever the Lord leads so we'll see. You teach MMA?
Yea, I teach here in Chicago. You ever heard of Tank Abbott? Thats my uncle. My moms little brother. She died when I was an infant. But David "tank" was 16 at the time. He moved to Cali after that, and ended up in San Quientin at 26. He got out 4 years later and joined UFC. Well, actualy UFC was gonna use him as an example. See, at the time UFC was young and still a tad underground. They wanted to find a barfighter or a rough biker who could fight MMA fighters to show that a disiplined fighter could take a streetfighter anyday. Well they ran into David and after learning that he was a big time bar fighter, a biker and fresh outta San Queintin, they offered him $10,000 win or lose. He obviously took it.
When my brother found out he told David not to sign anything till he could get to Cali. My brother at the time managed 4 boxers and 2 kickboxers and was doing well financialy, and knew the ropes about this stuff.
So after agreeing that the contract look ok, David signed it.

What happened that night was amazing. It was in Los Angeles, I cant remember the venue name. sorry.
First they had him face a kickboxer. Tank destroyed him. They didnt expect that.
Plan B (round 2 in the tourney) He faced a shoot fighter. Destroyed him.
round 3. faced a ju jitsu black belt. OVERWHELMED HIM.
HE WON THE TOURNAMENT. An announcer looked at the other one and said quietly "he just went through these guys like a f*ckin Tank"
He tried to say it quietly, but the mic picked up every word.
Hence David's nickname. That night they came to him outside and offered him a $100,000 contract. He then signed my brother as his manager. Big push for my bro, I was very excited for him. He then assigned me as his head trainer and personal ringside security. You can see me in alot of Tank's enterances. Im always at his side.

But anyway, I have been a freestyle fighter for a while. I am the Illinois 6 time champion, but since 2001, I have just been a trainer.
Fighting is my life. Theres nothing like it. And theres nothing like training these street kids, getting them off the streets, and turning them into monsters in the ring. Nothing like watching them make it.

I wish I had it like you friend. HAHAHA Thats a lucky guy. :lol:
What city is he in?

The paperwork has been especialy bad lately. A young Italian kid, who was one of my most promising students, was killed in the ring last month due to a broken neck. He was such a great kid, and had SO MUCH talent.
The only thing that makes me feel better about it is that his mother thanks me everyday for getting him off the street. She doesnt blame me at all. She says that I made him happy for the remaning 4 months of his life. I made him confident, and saw to it that he belived in himself.
I feel so bad though. He would have gone far. And what a great kid. May god rest his soul.

Now due to all this, the local assh*les are saying that I am running brutal galdiator fights in my gym. And I have paperwork and public speeches out the ass. People are ignorant. Accidents happen anywhere. And we run a place for kids and adults to excel themselves and make something of themselves. They dont see that do they?

So do you have kids?

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 16th, 2005, 11:44 am

So that's how he got his handle. I did not know that. David is a legend. A true crazy guy. In his prime he was way out of most martial artists league (regardless of what THEY say). He fought a lot of fights in and out of the ring before he even showed up on the radar. I used to see him run around the park down by the library when I lived in HB years ago with his pit. You better believe I gave him his room. People kept their mouths shut around him. He would park it at the bar and people were respectful. Tito was his sparring partner for awhile. Lots of great choices to train in that area too I must say. Lots.

Six times Illinois champion! I'm impressed. That's an awesome feat. And you train students. You sound exactly like the type of person I would want training me if I was younger.

Yes those independent professional MMA matches are very dangerous. I've been to some of those matches that were just trainwrecks. Rules barely enforced. I've seen the broken bones. Terrible. Those guys have a lot of heart and faith. I never went for that though. I simply did amateur jiu-jitsu matches. That was enough for me friend. lol.

It is true there will always be accidents in contact sports (whether it be football or MMA). But a man should be allowed to make the decision to train and compete in either sport if that is what they wish to do. Our society has gotten so maternal. Most of the people I know benefited from the experience and gained the confidence to go out in the world and become all they could be. Only a few got seriously hurt. And you can train and belong to something positive but not actually get in that MMA ring and compete professionally. Most people make that choice. But there are always a few that just aren't good at anything else and rather than end up in prison it gives them that outlet. Lot of good people in the sport that would have ended up going bad if they didn't have something positive to do that challenged them hard. Hard people need a tough challenge. Peace and God bless.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 16th, 2005, 12:43 pm

Your a cool f*ckin guy Kemo, I am suprised I havent gotten a chance to chat with you before brother. I know you have been here for a while though.

So you lived in Huntingtom Beach?

Yea Tito trained with Tank and me as well. Hes a good kid. He comes off like a smartass on tv, and he has been refered to as the Eminem of UFC for running his mouth, but the way I see it, its ok to run your mouth in this buisness. Cause 3 weeks later, your in a cage with the guy.
Not like rappers who spew from the mouth and go home to their mansions. You know?

The bike that Tank used to park outside the bar, It wasnt red was it?

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 16th, 2005, 7:19 pm

Thanks appreciated. Good talking with you too. Sure I lived in H.B. back in the day. I remember a lot of GJJ and BJJ studios opening there around that time. A lot of Gracies.. I mean it was a who's who of jiu-jitsu back then. Helio and his family were north in Redondo but Carlos and a whole lot of BJJ studios opened in the area. I met a bunch of Carlos's boys including Conan who moved to Florida and got busted for drugs I read in the news years later (apparently he wasn't using but trying to make money for some reason I don't know why).

I met Tito only once. He threw this open get together at the Galaxy in Santa Ana. It was hilarious! Never understood why the Gracies never liked him. He was always a good guy to people, his family, and the community in my view. And sure part of being a professional MMA is fighter is "creating" the draw. That way everyone gets paid. Real life is not the always same thing.

Can't speak on the bike.. I don't go to bars unless it's for a really good reason (like a good friend is going under and needs a real friend to try and talk him down). Some training partners back in the day clued me in on Tank getting his respect when he went out. And that he did :). Heard he's fighting werdum soon. Peace.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 16th, 2005, 8:42 pm

I'd love to comment on Tanks possible fight, but I cant.
That red bike, I gave it to him. Birthday present.

It was good talkin with you though brother, hit me up anytime friend.

~Ryan