what do the lakers need

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
germoney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by germoney » July 15th, 2005, 7:56 am

BELGRADE (Ticker) - One of the most versatile centers in the NBA, Vlade Divac announced his retirement Thursday.

Divac, who averaged 11.8 points, 8.2 rebounds and 3.1 assists during an NBA career that spanned 16 years, had been expected to delay his decision until September 30 but hasn't been able to shake a back injury.

One of most popular Serbo-Montenegro basketball players of all time, the 7-footer planned to finish his career back in his homeland with Partizan Belgrade, the club he left to join the Lakers in 1989. But any hopes of an emotional return now appear to be dashed.

The 37-year-old, who signed a extended contract with the Lakers last summer, underwent back surgery six months ago and played only 15 games last season, averaging just 2.3 points and 2.1 rebounds.

"My back is causing me a lot of problems," Divac said. "At the moment I don't feel pain, but after four or five days of playing I feel it a lot. There is just a 50-50 chance for me to be fully recovered for the new season. As I don't want to become a disabled player, I think this is a right time for me to stop playing basketball."

Divac made his debut for the Yugoslavia national team in 1986 and won two gold medals at the World Championships in 1990 and 2002.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » July 31st, 2005, 11:20 am

who is gonna play point for this team time is running out all the good point guards are sining with other teams we trade chuckie atkins is tair brown going to carry the load???? Stephon Marbury may be on the open market soon but his ass dont play no dee

germoney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by germoney » July 31st, 2005, 8:57 pm

SAINTJAYMES wrote:who is gonna play point for this team time is running out all the good point guards are sining with other teams we trade chuckie atkins is tair brown going to carry the load???? Stephon Marbury may be on the open market soon but his ass dont play no dee

Maybe Payton get signed, or the Lakers trade for Jason Williams

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » July 31st, 2005, 9:06 pm

Gary Payton is a cancer. And he doesn't do too well in the triangle offense as we saw 2 years ago.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » July 31st, 2005, 9:15 pm

i agree with gonzo on payton he already proved he dont do well in phil jacksons offence. and Jason Williams white choclate he is still to much of a loose canon to carless with the basketball and to week of a defender to be the lead guard for a champinship calaber team

germoney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by germoney » July 31st, 2005, 10:17 pm

If the Lakers dont want Payton or Williams, there only Watson,Dickau,Jaric,Lue and Wagner(not a true PG) available.... i dont want to see Jaric in LA, i dont like him

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » August 1st, 2005, 8:05 am

the most intriguing player you spoke on to me is Danny Dickau he is that type of gaurd phil jackson has always had ........a steve kerr type but i think Dickau is a better player than kerr maybee not a better shooter but a better al around player i think he would be a good fit

Mister M
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mister M » August 1st, 2005, 6:16 pm

ehh Dickau is nice but a lil too short for Phil's liking, I'm hearing L.A. is trying to acquire J-WILL (white choccolate) from the grizzlies what yall think about that? I think hes a perfect fit for the triangle, great passer, consistent 3 pt. shooter only downside is his average D...but overall i'll take him over Payton..

FUCC "SNAQ O'MEAL"-----"MDE"---MOST DUMBASS EVER :lol:

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » August 2nd, 2005, 12:05 pm

Mister M wrote:ehh Dickau is nice but a lil too short for Phil's liking, I'm hearing L.A. is trying to acquire J-WILL (white choccolate) from the grizzlies what yall think about that? I think hes a perfect fit for the triangle, great passer, consistent 3 pt. shooter only downside is his average D...but overall i'll take him over Payton..

i heard that the heat are trying to get jason williams

in that case the lakers should get either dickau or damon jones

Mister M
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mister M » August 3rd, 2005, 6:56 pm

GottaLoveLA wrote:
Mister M wrote:ehh Dickau is nice but a lil too short for Phil's liking, I'm hearing L.A. is trying to acquire J-WILL (white choccolate) from the grizzlies what yall think about that? I think hes a perfect fit for the triangle, great passer, consistent 3 pt. shooter only downside is his average D...but overall i'll take him over Payton..

i heard that the heat are trying to get jason williams

in that case the lakers should get either dickau or damon jones

Yup you heard right, in fact i believe its a done deal, heat got jwill, a. walker and james posey, they lost eddie jones in a multiple teams trade...lakeshow is now targetting derek anderson who was just waived by the jailblazers....he's a good triangle pg too i think, phil jack is probably the one pushing for him...

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » August 3rd, 2005, 7:14 pm

derek anderson is also a good character dude but isnt he more of a 2 guard than a pg but in the triangle it really dosent matter cause that offence isnt predicated on point guard play we need a good defender at the pg spot and derek anderson is that

Mister M
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mister M » August 3rd, 2005, 7:37 pm

yeah D.A. is more like a combo guard, he can play both position and stands at 6'5 which as im sure you know what Phil is lookin for for his pg. As far as a defender, i think he's above average thats why i think L.A. is also looking to sign tyrone lue too as a back up pg, lue will be used to defend them lil quick guards, you know the tony parkers and steve nashes of the nba...

CantNo1TopPac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CantNo1TopPac » August 5th, 2005, 12:30 pm

Derek Anderson would be a good addition. He's making his decision by the end of next week and he's highly considering the Lakers. How I know this is his agent said so on the radio yesterday, lakers radio 570.

ak-48

Unread post by ak-48 » August 14th, 2005, 2:09 am

D.A could be solid. Still I'm afraid we'll fall flat in the playoffs with that roster, unless they find a common tone and light it up like they did between 99-02.

We still need a body in the paint. I feel sorry for Turiaf. He would have been a perfect fit for this team. He might be back next year but that's next year, keep focused on this season.

Stone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Bernardino

Laker need....

Unread post by Stone » September 7th, 2005, 10:38 pm

Some guys who can shoot and play defense. A consistant center and a good point guard who can guard somebody and hit an open jumper.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » March 26th, 2008, 1:53 am

THE Lakers need an experienced point guard so I say bring back Derick Fisher, they need a big man that can score so I say get rid of Kwame Brown and trade for someone like Pau Gasol, get rid of the no talent players like Cook, and give Bynum more minutes.

Any think that this can get them the #1 seed?

gettynshytpoppin

Unread post by gettynshytpoppin » March 26th, 2008, 6:09 pm

lakers need to get all theyre players healthy now theyre strong enough to be a championship with bynum, gasol, kobe, odom, and fisher theyre straight

DetFJ
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DetFJ » March 28th, 2008, 8:03 am

the lakers need to get less white guys they're the only team I can think of right now that can run out a whitewash and it wouldn't even be a good one

HisHighness
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by HisHighness » April 8th, 2008, 12:10 am

deff need a decent point guard, with some experience