Chicanos in population

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Anonymous20

Chicanos in population

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 29th, 2003, 10:58 pm

What do african american gangs and african amerian people in general think about the incease of chicano people in L.A and the talk of Chicano's taking back California for the Chicano people.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Chicanos in population

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 31st, 2003, 4:13 pm

I'm not speaking for the African American population out there, I'm not black. This is my opinion only. I'm a pinoy born and raised in the LOS. Depending on where you go in the LOS, I might still hear the "pinche chino" or "chino cuchino" silently muttered under some ese's breaths. I don't pay it no mind. Where I grew up, we were all hand in hand. We eat the same, we play the same, we work the same. It's just when you get racist latinos trying to put down other races, it just doesn't work for me homie.

Now if your talking about straight up chicano...mexican-americans, they have different ideals and customs from the salvadorans, guatemalans, hondurans, nicaraguans..et al centro americanos. A lot of the chicano families here in the LOS are up to maybe about 6th generation. Some act more white than they are brown...LOL. Talk of taking back Califas for the Chicano people has been backtalk for many years. General population, and I'm talking about all the "normal" chicanos not gangmembers, of all chicanos in California have a long way to go for unification. Chicanos are not exempt from all the American-trauma all races go through here, like acculturation, assimilation, and so forth. There are intergenerational differences between mexicans born in mexico and california born mexicans. There is cultural differences between native mexicans and california born mexicans. Unification doesn't seem to be likely so far. To switch this back to the gangster scene, the day Surenos and Nortenos lay down their flags and unite is a day the rest of the gangs will pause in fear. Otherwise, we can think of Chicanos as a very big group of ununited people in Cali.

Sorry for answering, I think you wanted some african-american people to answer this. Maybe you were fishing for a little race-based argument. I think the black gangs would end up having more beef with racist chicanos and vice versa. I don't think black people in general would have that kind of attitude. There's good and bad in all races. It's just a matter of who your following down the brick road with that could get you in trouble. The thing about California is you have so many races here, there is also a growing number of mixed-race babies innocent to all this crap people are encouraging. Kinda forces the kids to choose sides instead of loving both for what they are.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 31st, 2003, 4:20 pm

I think the United States government would resist it if you know what I mean. The South wasn't allowed to depart and neither will California be permitted to. Still there is escalation happening. Some items in the news are the Mexican ID card and dual citizenship of Mexican-Americans.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 31st, 2003, 4:31 pm

Our immigration policies here in U.S. pretty much suck. Uncle Sam wants to account for everybody and collect taxes. The big business owners here use undocumented immigrant workers as cheap labor. They don't have to provide them medical insurance nor pay taxes. The undocumented immigrant worker doesn't have to pay taxes, he gets paid under the table. If he gets sick, he lines up in County USC and gets Medical at the states expense. The state clocks all taxpaying workers to pay for all that Medical. You have the average documented taxpaying worker here getting mad at illegals because of that, causing resentment because illegals get free medical, education for their children, and don't pay income taxes. The average undocumented immigrant is here in this country making more money than he could in his original country, plus feeding his family and taking care of business. Is it a bad thing that they are just doing what comes natural while some US born person stands at 7-11 begging for some change instead of work? I see the arguments all around, and depending on what tax bracket your in, there seems to be a certain relation to the issue with the kind of money you make...LOL.

Kountry
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kountry » July 31st, 2003, 4:54 pm

the way I think about it is that an increase in minorties is all ways good B/c where Black or Brown we all are in the same damn boat . it is up to us to help raise the younger generation .

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 1st, 2003, 9:59 am

Most definitely Kountry. In theory, it sounds good. But the reality is that Black & Brown don't always mix, especially here in Southern Cali. You have cats coming home from doing bids in prison, bringing the jailhouse politics to the streets/families. Once it gets on the streets, it spreads like wildfire. It definitely depends on how you raise your kids, and what kind of society you choose to live in and help shape. I think everyone has to respect and understand each persons culture. A US born mexican is very different from a Mexican Born mexican. You can't generalize the 2 as the same thing. Black people aren't steadily migrating from some other place either. They are several generations native Angelenos now, just like there are several generations of native Chicanos. A Salvadoran is quite different from a Cuban. A Puerto Rican is quite different from a Guatemalan. And not all black people are the same. There are those from the South (not SSCC...no offense Casper), while there are those from the MidWest. And believe me, Chinese are different from Japanese, who are different from Koreans, who are different from Filipinos, and so on and so on. But you can bet all Asians pretty much eat Rice, that's a good stereotype there. And practice Kung Fu/Karate too...so watch out...LOL!

aztec2005

Unread post by aztec2005 » August 1st, 2003, 5:49 pm

I understand all that, I know are still chicanos out there that wish to tale back Cali.

I one i am really tired of is the CHicano people being inored in main stream america. I mean I never see a Chicano on tv or movie. All major news networks never have a postive story on us or always treat us as a immigrats.

we are known as "hispanics" or "latinos" which we are not. We are mostly all Chicanos of Indian descent and been here for thousands of years in the southwest.

Lawmakers are trying to take away our language, and we have no people in power in government positions.

I didnt mean this post as a war between black and brown, but wanted to know that since we are becoming so populated, what do they think of such a dramatic change.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » January 29th, 2004, 4:05 pm

THE PROBLEMES I HAVE WITH MEXICANS IS THAT
WHEN THEY COME TO AMERICA THEY START NEW GANGS AND BRANG IN DRUGS AND US BLACK PEOPLE STILL GET BLAMED FOR EVERYTHING
EVERYTHING THE MEXICANS DO WE GET BLAMED PLUS THE ONLY REASON WHY MEXICANS OUTNUMBER BLACKS IN CALIFORNIA IS BEKUZ MOST OF THEM ARE IMMEGRANTS PLUS WE KEEP KILLING EACH OTHER AND I THINK THE US SHOULD PUT AN ARMY AT ALL THE BORDERS TO KEEP SOME OF THEM OUT THE FUNNY THING IS IS THAT
WHEN EVER A MEXICAN GIRL GETS PREGNANT THEY PARENTS CONGRADUATE THEM!!!!! WHAT KINDA SICK SH-T IS THAT LOL
SO ITS LIKE THIS YALL COOL PEOPLE AND I RESPECT YALL BUT YALL GOT PROBLEMES TO I PERSONALY THINK THAT IF A MEXICAN COMMITS A CRIME IN CALI AND HE OR SHE IS NOT LEGAL JUST FU-KING SEND THEM BACK I KNOW IT SOUND MESSED UP BUT IF YALL KEEP COMIN IN CALI LIKE ITS FREE THEN CALIFORNIA JUST GONA FALL APART AND PRETTY SOON EVERY MEXICAN GONA LEAVE MEXICO AND COME TO AMERICA HELL MAYBE EVEN CANADA! YALL NEED TO CUT BACK ON IMEGRATION FOR REAL

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » January 29th, 2004, 4:18 pm

I don't mind any races coming in from wherever, but just for a quick history lesson. California was never really "mexican" Mexico did claim all of the territory in California, texas, NM, AZ, etc. but at the time of the war with the U.S., even though the territory that was taken was 50% of mexico's land, only 1/2 of one percent of mexico's population was living in this entire area. There were only about 125,00 mexican in the whole area combined, and 75,000 of these were in Sante Fe. Also, the local indians were at war with mexico, so the army couldn't protect their citizens any more and they were getting killed left and right by the indians. The mexicans that did live in the now USA areas actually invited americans/europeans to settle there becasue they needed help fighting of the indians becasue their government abandoned them. After a while, there were just a whole lot more whites than mexicans because mexio was not sending any settlers up into all of this indian country, they also didn't prvide any governemtns services to the mexicans that lived there. So, when it cam e down to the war, 75% of the mexicans that lived up here WERE ON THE SIDE OF THE USA. They no longer wanted to be mexican citizens. So the whole idea of TAKING it back is backwards. Mexico never really had it except in name only, and their own people helped take it away. As a matter of fact, mexicans didn't want anything to do with the land for decades and decades after that until WE ( americans of all races) built it up and made it a profitable area. Before that, it was all considered desert, and poor land.

mangler
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mangler » January 29th, 2004, 5:12 pm

Brownpride2003 wrote:What do african american gangs and african amerian people in general think about the incease of chicano people in L.A and the talk of Chicano's taking back California for the Chicano people.
...BLACKS DONT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH LATINOS, ITS LATINOS THAT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BLACKS..I DONT UNDERSTAND IT..THESE DUDES R REAL RACIST NOW A DAYS..WHEN I WAS A YOUNG DUDE MEXICANS WERE STRAIGHT, NOW THERE ON SOME OTHER SHIT, RACIAL POLITICS IN THE STREETS AND IN GOVERMENT..CONSPIRICY????LOL??

Dreamer
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Dreamer » January 31st, 2004, 1:25 pm

NOMBRE WEY NOSOTROS LOS LATINOS SOMOS #1
PINCHE MAYATES,CHINOS,Y GABACHOS,PURA BASURA.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » January 31st, 2004, 4:57 pm

Dreamer wrote:NOMBRE WEY NOSOTROS LOS LATINOS SOMOS #1
PINCHE MAYATES,CHINOS,Y GABACHOS,PURA BASURA.
You need to check yourself mocoso

Dreamer
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Dreamer » January 31st, 2004, 7:13 pm

YO GIBBY ME DICES MOCOSO,PUES MOCOSO TU ABUELO.

kushbomb
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kushbomb » January 31st, 2004, 8:48 pm

what i saw in my couzins neighborhood was that more people frm south of the border immigrating and pretty much replacing the black population. another thing is that alot come here by choice wich means they want to work, want to raise a family and have a piece of the american dream. Killjoy thats hella messed up mang, you sayinig all mexicans bring in drugs? whites, asians, blacks mexicans all have people that bring in drugs.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » January 31st, 2004, 11:29 pm

Dreamer wrote:YO GIBBY ME DICES MOCOSO,PUES MOCOSO TU ABUELO.

SAY DREAMER, YOU ALREADY GETTING IRRITATING, TAKE YOUR FALSE INFO SPREADING A_SS BACK TO CHICAGOHOODS WITH THAT DISS'ING PEDO. YOU AINT EVEN FROM L.A. AND YOU SPREADING BOGUS INFO AND TALKING ABOUT SOMEONES GRANDFATHER. GROW UP LIL BOY...
Last edited by stateraised2000 on February 1st, 2004, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slim
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Slim » February 1st, 2004, 1:01 am

No problem with it. Your question is misleading though, since a Chicano is a Californian born Hispanic (I believe they call themselves Tejanos in Texas). If they are here to live and work like most Hispanics then so be it. Those that do not like Black people though.....they have a serious problem! Hopefully, everyone will learn to live and accept each others cultures.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » February 1st, 2004, 2:11 am

All this brown against black violence is new. I grew up in LA and don't remember all this beef back in the day. Think it might be from all the new people that are in Cali. If youre American, youre taught to respect other peoples cultures.

BigDustyLoco: Why you dissing Mexicans? We arent trying to "act white." That's some racist bulls**t right there! Just because some Mexicans were born here in the States, don't have heavy accents, and educate themselves doesn't mean that they are any less Mexican. You just don't like Mexicans, plain and simple.

To that other head that said California never belonged to Mexico: That's bullsh**t. Almost all of the Western US belonged to Mexico, that's why the states have spanish names, like California, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Oregon, Montana, and Arizona. It doesn't matter if it was heavily populated. Before that though, it all belonged to Native Americans, of which 90% of all Mexicans, including me, have in our blood. It will always be our land, and you all need to respect that.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » February 1st, 2004, 12:27 pm

Dreamer wrote:YO GIBBY ME DICES MOCOSO,PUES MOCOSO TU ABUELO.
LOL IM A PEACEFULLMAN :roll: MI ABUELO WOULD KNOCK YOU OUT THOUGH LOL BITTTCH

Dreamer
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Dreamer » February 1st, 2004, 7:20 pm

GIBBY YOUR ABUELO WILL KNOCK ME OUT THATS A LAUGH ESE,DONT JOKE AROUND LIKE THAT TE VEZ COMO UN MARIMACHO

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » February 1st, 2004, 8:00 pm

DREAMER YOU NEED TO WATCH YOUR LIL MOUTH PUTO !!!!

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » February 1st, 2004, 8:17 pm

dreamer homie chill out ese, you a latin king but you are acting like a big bad sureno.and what the fucc is up with you writing 13k? I know youre not dissing trece cause those lk foolios COULDN'T HANDLE SURENOS. alrato ese...

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » February 1st, 2004, 8:36 pm

HA HA, A FOOLIO (DREAMER) GONNA COME UP IN HERE SPREADING BOGUS INFO ABOUT LOS, LIKE HE KNOWS WHATS UP IN LOS WHEN HE'S FROM CHICAGO THEN GONNA CATCH A COMPLEX AND START FAMILY TALKING... DAMM DREAMER YOU BETTER OFF STAYING AT CHICAGOHOODS WHERE YOU CAN TELL YOUR LIES THERE, MAYBE THEY'LL BELIEVE YOU. BUT WE'RE FROM LOS AND WE KNOW THE DEAL THERE. ANYWAYS QUIT ACTING LIKE YOU MR KNOW-IT-ALL...AND REST YOUR NECK AND PICK UP SOME GAME HERE...

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » February 1st, 2004, 9:29 pm

Y'all don't even stress this "Dreamer" cat, he doesn't even know anything about the nation he claims to represent. Dreamer, how can you talk all that "mayate" shit when the ALKQN's first cousins, & closest allies are the ABPSN??? You'd get served by your own mob in Chicago fool, so stop talkin shit already.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » February 2nd, 2004, 8:53 am

to Rollin_inmy_SixFo:

#1, 90% of mexicans are not native american indians. Different indians altogether. And, like I said, the tribes that were in what is now America wanted no more to do with Mexicans than they did with Americans. They did not consider Mexicans as anything other than some other country trying to take their land. The only difference was that Mexicans were getting served by the indians. That is why they begged Americans and Europeans to come and settle there to help kill the Indians. They used to pay to have advertisements sent out to the east coast to bring people out to help in the Mexicans war against the indians. It's just that once all these people actually came, it ended up that it was just unrealistic for a hundred thousand mexicans to try to claim an area where they were outnumbered 10 to one by non-mexicans. And since the country of mexica didn't seem to interested in the people there, especially Texas, the people that lived there (mexicans, americans, europeans, and native born mixed and whatever else) decided to break their ties with mexico. Only then did Mexico finally send an army up there. And not to help the people against the indians that had been killing them off for decades, but to attack the people that used to call themselves mexican. The U.S. stepped in on the side of the Texicans becasue they were asked for help.

Read a book or two man.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » February 2nd, 2004, 11:12 am

Dreamer wrote:GIBBY YOUR ABUELO WILL KNOCK ME OUT...THATS REAL ESE BECAUSE IM A BIIAATTCH, IM SORRY HOMIE
LOL

Dreamer
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Dreamer » February 2nd, 2004, 6:30 pm

GIBBY DO YOU THNK THESE DUMB JOKES OF YOURS ARE GONNA MAKE ME MAD AND BAD.THEN YOUR WRONG YOU LITTLE FUCKIN FAGGOT.NO ME IMPORTA QUE ME DIGAN,IM GIVIN A COMMENT AND YOU NEED TO ACCEPT IT.OK CABRON.OR JUST DONT SAY SHIT,I DONT PLAY WITH KIDS.K

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » February 3rd, 2004, 10:33 am

Dreamer wrote:GIBBY DO YOU THNK THESE DUMB JOKES OF YOURS ARE GONNA MAKE ME MAD AND BAD.THEN YOUR WRONG YOU LITTLE FUCKIN FAGGOT.NO ME IMPORTA QUE ME DIGAN,IM GIVIN A COMMENT AND YOU NEED TO ACCEPT IT.OK CABRON.OR JUST DONT SAY @$%*,I DONT PLAY WITH KIDS.K
Cayate already menso

jb7777
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jb7777 » February 3rd, 2004, 11:03 am

yo rollin in my six four

thats true what the homie said about the southwest not really being for mexico...the native american indians of north america not central america are the people who can rightfully claim the area. Just because you have indian blood doesnt make you the next best thing...The funny thing about this is that most blacks from the south have a considerable amount of native north american blood in us because we were inslaved together and intermixed....myself as well as many of my relatives get money from American Indian scholarships but we are clearly black. But we are not trying to reclaim land on some bogus sh*t....Mexico as a govenment fU*ed up and the southwest is the scapegoat

Dreamer
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Dreamer » February 3rd, 2004, 7:47 pm

no mames wey,sur 13 solo los probes siguen la ganga.la wow,what they gonna do,kill me.like who the crips, bloods.common man pura shit.it makes me laugh hearing this shit.your all funny putos.la,me vale verga.aquie solo son putos,yall claim nothin or maybe just wannabes.even los pinche mayates que se creen mas que un,pero no.pinches gorilas huelen a mierda.chicago hoodz,cabron,la no es nada,si los hispanics are the majority,but im not gonna diss them.yeah i say 13k soo what man what you gonna do from minnesota.all gangs are based from califas and chi-town,no other shitty states.they just evolve to new areas.pues a y nos vemos ninas.
pero please do complain about the shit i may say.bc its pra burla.
lol

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » February 3rd, 2004, 7:55 pm

First off pendejo I AM from Califas. And you the one looking lame homeboy claiming that lk shyt. Believing in all that astrological shyt..lol..stars and pitch forks, and star of David, get real ese. Join a REAL fuccin gang. And the true gangs started in the LOS fool! Plus all your homies are having a hard time in the torcido in NY..lol..them bloods are running the lk..at least in the LOS we stand our ground and go toe to toe. Alright pendejo.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » February 3rd, 2004, 11:39 pm

hey now sam...wassup homie. let that foolio dreamer talk homie, cause he will only tell on himself as far as how much of a lame he is. dont even waste your energy on him sam. he's a lame, he coming up in here talking bad about sur, bloods, crip and white boys. he dont wanna exchange views on anything, all he wants to do is disrespect people. i wanna hear him post more bogus info so i can correct him when he's wrong. but i sure as f_uck aint gonna waste time on his lil ass. you can tell he only WANTS to be a gangster. he probably hits every gang site and picks up a lil here and a lil there and then passes it along, whether he knows if its right or wrong...anyways homie. i know what your about and i know we from the sur so dont waste your time on a lil baboso like dreamer...peace.

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Impala » February 4th, 2004, 1:56 am

Theres a big difference between Mexico the Government..the Country and Mexicans or Mestizos, the people.

Yeah they F__ked up big time back when Santa Ana screwed his country by singning the Treaty of Guadalupe (to save his own ass..because the gringo troops had a sword at his throat) and gave away 60% of his countrys land for a mere 15 Million.

So did this make the people living on this land any less Mexican? Did they automatically become American?

I don't think so!

The pioneers, cowboys, European immigrants newly arrived on the east coast, former cavalry troops, 49ers in search of gold, free and newly freed blacks, Mormons....the list goes on and on. For the next 60 yrs till the turn of the century; they poured in and the Mexicans were driven off their land and the Indians were exterminated.

One more thing...for the most part..the Indians and Mexicans lived in relative harmony and mutual respect. Yeah sure there was bloodshed and skrimishes but nothing compared to what happened when the southwest became U.S.

What racially makes a Mexican? Hundreds of years of Indian and Spanish and their children growing and making more babies and they grow and make more babies. The Spanish and the Indians made generations of offspring = Mexicans (racial name Mestizo) and the Mexicans and Indians are still making babies to the day!

The White Anglo-Saxon Protestants killed Indians like they weren't human, treated Blacks like property, classified Mexicans (and Asians too)as an inferior people and to the day still look down on people of color.

Dreamer..give respect get respect, this aint no place for little kid sh_t net banging.

jb7777..Having Indian blood/roots IS the next best thing. I'm proud of my Yaqui/Purempecha heritage. If you got Indian, aint you proud of it?

Panik..90% of Mexicans aint Native Americans; different Indians altogether??? Hells that mean?!? A Native American/Indian is the same; whether your from Yucatan and got Maya or Maine and got Abinaki, your still Native American..North America...Central America...South America = NATIVE AMERICANS OR INDIANS OR FIRST NATIONS..GET IT?

To sum it up, soy Chicano (that's Mexican/American for you politically correct types, not "Hispanic" or "Latino") and the southwest U.S. is ours PERIOD.! Governments will rise and governments will fall but this land is where my grandfathers grandfather (and even back to the first hunters on this land) lived and died and it will always be ours!!!!!

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”