XBox Versus PlayStation 2

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

XBox Versus PlayStation 2

Unread post by wcrockets » February 7th, 2004, 7:26 pm

PlayStation 2 has the most games but XBox has the best graphics especially when you enable HDTV and hook it up to a HDTV.

XXTRA MANNISH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: XBox Versus PlayStation 2

Unread post by XXTRA MANNISH » February 7th, 2004, 8:26 pm

PLAY STATION 2 CANT SEE THE XBOX THE GAMES IS WAY BETTER

blkjopker
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blkjopker » February 8th, 2004, 5:57 pm

It all comes down to what you like, cause playstation2 got better games, xbox needs more games under they belt. I think xbobx is a better system just sorry games to play on it. Right now playstation2 get my vote cause to can play online free. But xbox you have to pay 50 a year to play online.

T~

Unread post by T~ » February 9th, 2004, 8:06 am

Yeah payin to play on-line sucks

style
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by style » February 9th, 2004, 4:13 pm

Ive got both systems, and both online services. I dont think the box has any online game that can even touch socom 2.

deeznuttz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by deeznuttz » February 9th, 2004, 8:43 pm

have you played rainbow six? i think it can hang with socom2

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » February 9th, 2004, 8:50 pm

I just copped an X-box from my guy and I already had a PS2 and I must say that the X-box is a better machine any game that comes out on both systems from now on i'll probaly get the XB version but PS2 still does have better games so far, that Socom 2 is raw I aint played Rainbow 6 but that looks tight too. I didnt know PS2's online is free once you buy it.

style
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by style » February 9th, 2004, 11:47 pm

I havent played rs3, cuz I didnt like ghost recon or ghost recon:it and rs3 looked like the same gameplay.

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » February 12th, 2004, 7:26 pm

PS2 all the way baby!

ogcjm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ogcjm » March 18th, 2004, 12:13 am

i think the xbox is the better system what other system offers a build in hard drive plus uyou can play your own music while playin a game yeah i do agree the box needs more games but im just waiting for halo2 to hit then yall change yalls mind

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » March 18th, 2004, 5:26 pm

Yeah you can also downlaod your music on it.

Anyways as far as X-box and ps2 are concrned about games x-box has just as much good games as the ps2.

X-box like ps2 has GTA vice city and GTA 3 it also has two good series games called half life and half life 2. It has Halo one of the best games of all time and Halo 2 is coming. As for Socom 2 online well x-box has counter strike. For sports games I like nFL fever that game kicks Madden games a$$. I like ps2 a lot but x-box is climbing up the ladder on becoming better than the PS2.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 19th, 2004, 10:50 am

ogcjm wrote:i think the xbox is the better system what other system offers a build in hard drive plus uyou can play your own music while playin a game yeah i do agree the box needs more games but im just waiting for halo2 to hit then yall change yalls mind

Thats the problem with xbox they only have like 1 or 2 games to hold it down, you guys be waiting for just one game to come out. When ps2 have 5 to 6 games people be waiting on. I think xbox is a more powerful machine with down loading music, but who cares to play your favorite muisc while playing sorry games.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » March 20th, 2004, 5:41 pm

X-box does nt have sorry games, it may have less games but it does not have sorry games. Halo will kick almost any ps2 games a$$ and Halo 2 will just kick any ps2 only games ass. Half life is very good. Nfl fever 2003 is the best football game made in my opinion. Counter strike is a very good multiplayer game and as for GTA's, max paynes, 007s, and alll sport games x-box has as well so x-box has just as good games if not better than ps2.

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » April 11th, 2004, 3:41 pm

Past wrote:Yeah you can also downlaod your music on it.

Anyways as far as X-box and ps2 are concrned about games x-box has just as much good games as the ps2.

X-box like ps2 has GTA vice city and GTA 3 it also has two good series games called half life and half life 2. It has Halo one of the best games of all time and Halo 2 is coming. As for Socom 2 online well x-box has counter strike. For sports games I like nFL fever that game kicks Madden games a$$. I like ps2 a lot but x-box is climbing up the ladder on becoming better than the PS2.

First off GTA vice city and GTA 3 came out on PS2 like a year before it did on xbox.Second off madden is way way better than fever.Also PS2's controlers are way better than xbox (big or little) PS2 controlers are so easy to use . Ps2 has way better games than xbox and the good games on the Xbox come out like a year before on PS2 than they do on xbox. O ya and halo was tight game but i beat it in like an hour.Evan if halo 2 comes out ps2 still has way better games.The new GTA game will come out on Ps2 and you guys gotta wait a year to get it.

PS2 wins easy.

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » April 11th, 2004, 3:45 pm

o ya and as for uploading songs on ur xbox so what!I can listen to music when i play Ps2 its called a stereo and at least it can play burned cd's un like xbox.

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 11th, 2004, 3:46 pm

lewis503 wrote:

First off GTA vice city and GTA 3 came out on PS2 like a year before it did on xbox.Second off madden is way way better than fever.Also PS2's controlers are way better than xbox (big or little) PS2 controlers are so easy to use . Ps2 has way better games than xbox and the good games on the Xbox come out like a year before on PS2 than they do on xbox. O ya and halo was tight game but i beat it in like an hour.Evan if halo 2 comes out ps2 still has way better games.The new GTA game will come out on Ps2 and you guys gotta wait a year to get it.

PS2 wins easy.
LOL All true... especialy about them controlers, a blind man could dsign a better controler lol

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 11th, 2004, 3:47 pm

lewis503 wrote:o ya and as for uploading songs on ur xbox so what!I can listen to music when i play Ps2 its called a stereo and at least it can play burned cd's un like xbox.
LMAO! all true aswell...

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 11th, 2004, 7:01 pm

I am tired of hearing the xbox players yelling about Halo thats like the only game they talk about. Who cares just one game holding it down for xbox and they have to pay 50 bucks to play online. lol

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 11th, 2004, 7:05 pm

blkjoker wrote:I am tired of hearing the xbox players yelling about Halo thats like the only game they talk about. Who cares just one game holding it down for xbox and they have to pay 50 bucks to play online. lol
yeah man that's the only thing they say, as soon as you diss X-Box the first word out there mouth is "Halo"

ogcjm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ogcjm » April 20th, 2004, 4:25 am

lewis503 wrote:

PS2 wins easy.
if you owned a dream cast the controllers for the box are set up the same way so it wasnt a big deal for me to switch i also have a ps2 i gave it to my son i like my box much better plus besides the box has better graphics and its an all around better system

ogcjm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ogcjm » April 20th, 2004, 4:33 am

and plus the box has more and more games coming out like links 2004 ,breakdown wrath unleased .i may self just got NBA ballers and the game is just dope and u cant forget the splintercell games i have both and cant put them down i have a few peeps that had a ps/2 and they played my box one time and now they are hooked they sold there ps and got a box

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 20th, 2004, 1:46 pm

ogcjm wrote:

and plus the box has more and more games coming out like links 2004 ,breakdown wrath unleased .i may self just got NBA ballers and the game is just dope and u cant forget the splintercell games i have both and cant put them down i have a few peeps that had a ps/2 and they played my box one time and now they are hooked they sold there ps and got a box
X box is alright what I dont like about it is paying to play online ps2 its free and plus the new boxing game "fight night 2004" u cant play online on the xbox and ps2 u can. Yeah x box needs to get more games under its belt when it does i may get one and have both systems.

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 22nd, 2004, 10:27 am

I dont think X-box will ever be as good as PS2

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 22nd, 2004, 10:32 am

The people that make X-box are gonna have too make some changes if they wanna get better than PS2 e.g Make it so you dont have to pay online, more good games, change the shape of the controler...

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 22nd, 2004, 10:35 am

oh yeah an if you want to use the DVD player on X-box you gotta buy a controler for that

JOHN DOE
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JOHN DOE » April 23rd, 2004, 1:57 am

PS2 RAMBUS BANDWIDTH:3.2GB/SEC
XBOX DRAM BANDWIDTH:6.4GB/SEC

PROCESSOR
PS2:300 MHZ

XBOX:733 MHZ

RESOLUTION
XBOX:1920x1080

PS2:1280x1024

ONLY THING PS2 BEATS IN XBOX IS GAMES PS2 HAS MORE GAMES AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY A DVD HOOK UP's

DO THE MATH YOU TELL ME?

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » April 23rd, 2004, 6:01 am

err.. buy a decent PC.. cant go wrong..

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 23rd, 2004, 6:18 am

ToM wrote:oh yeah an if you want to use the DVD player on X-box you gotta buy a controler for that

What did not know that, all about money they could of least threw that in free as if the system dont cost so much already. Bill Gates rich azz dont need no money trying to brake folks. Yeah the controls on the xbox are big as hell also. But they need more better games for me to think of gettin one but to tell the truth ps2 gots more and just about all the xbox games. So I might as well just keep one system and wait for ps3 to come out.

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 23rd, 2004, 12:13 pm

Well im jus gonna stick with what i trust, Playstation

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 23rd, 2004, 12:43 pm

i own a ps2 n even though i havent played it for about 2 months (no games that interest me at the moment), im still happy i got it coz theres really no games on xbox on which im waiting for or that interest me. i have about 20 burnt games for it, but im just not interested in it anymore , well for now. anyway, i rather play with my bass guitar instead right now, this shit's more fun haha
Last edited by Anonymous20 on April 23rd, 2004, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 23rd, 2004, 3:24 pm

JuniorX wrote:err.. buy a decent PC.. cant go wrong..
there are'nt as many games for PC

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » April 23rd, 2004, 6:35 pm

ToM wrote:
JuniorX wrote:err.. buy a decent PC.. cant go wrong..
there are'nt as many games for PC
The PC has twice as much games as ps2 and x-box put togather, The PC has about everygame for ps2 on it and also the pc only games.