Chinese Tatoos

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
RestInPeaceBigT
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Chinese Tatoos

Unread post by RestInPeaceBigT » June 17th, 2005, 3:42 pm

blakk what kinda tatoos do chinese ppl get? i heard instant rice

BosnianGangsta

Unread post by BosnianGangsta » June 17th, 2005, 5:57 pm

dragons and shit like that

dkey
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dkey » August 16th, 2005, 6:46 am

tigers and dragons usually on their back or chest

NoPeace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NoPeace » August 16th, 2005, 11:12 pm

aha i cant believe these foreign fools thought that was a legit question. hilarious.

kg_loco1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kg_loco1 » August 17th, 2005, 6:46 pm

i got some chinese characters on my left wrist "death before dishonor"

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » August 17th, 2005, 6:53 pm

Fatasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sumos, hahahahaha, naw, just jokin.

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » August 17th, 2005, 6:55 pm

Dragons and tigers and the double sided martial arts dotted circle thing that has one side black and one white and the black side dot is white and the white side dot is black.

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » August 17th, 2005, 6:55 pm

And shit like that.

harafish

Re: Chinese Tatoos

Unread post by harafish » October 27th, 2005, 12:33 pm

RestInPeaceBigT wrote:blakk what kinda tatoos do chinese ppl get? i heard instant rice
NoPeace wrote:aha i cant believe these foreign fools thought that was a legit question. hilarious.
Really? Those chinese sure are funny arent they? Hilarious is indeed the word. Fucking "chinks" so to speak?

That said, if you are really interested in the mythologies of tattoos as identifiers and the social significance of tribalized markings then maybe I, as an asian who has lived in america, australia and asia, could not see through your cunningly veiled humour in the words that seem so much like a racial slur.

My left back has a buddha sitting cross legged which, in certain areas of the world, are to embody aspects of rationality in battle and sacrificing without thought for your brethren.

My right back has a poem and inscriptions which basically means haivng peace when your existence ends and and mundane banality of existence to start with ( in chinese no less).

I have a dragon with open eyes that stems from my right bottom back and ends near the naval.

I have buddhist scriptures on the back of my head, above the hairline so it cant be seen. This one is about peace when I got out.

I have an aum on my solar plexus. An all encompassing prayer of peace for mankind where the first consonant represents the first word ever spoken and the last one representing the last word that human mouths will speak.

I have an anarchy symbol in red on my right pelvis. What can I say, Im a sucker for anarcho-syndicalism.

My triad identification is on my right hand.

I would be pretty sure that I know where Im from and I know where I am headed. Likewise I know that I would be interested in what you may have to say should you get around to saying it. But if a generative thought discussion is not what you had in mind, then excuse me for a moment, I would loathe to be anything less than your expectations of stereotypical chinese, I better go get my instant rice then. Hilarious. Really.

harafish

Unread post by harafish » October 27th, 2005, 12:40 pm

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe wrote:Dragons and tigers and the double sided martial arts dotted circle thing that has one side black and one white and the black side dot is white and the white side dot is black.
Dragons are about elemental strength and wisdom. Tigers are representative of ferocity and endurance. The martial arts dotted circle thing is the symbol of Tao. Its a religion roughly translated into "The Way", Lao Tzu's teachings so to speak. It is about balance and binary oppositions of male/female, yin/yang, positive/negative and so on.

The martial art that stems from it most probably would be tai chi. Countering a force through your body for an equal and opposite reaction towards the opponent without yourself getting hurt.

Hope that helps. ;)

3Harmonies
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 3Harmonies » December 3rd, 2005, 5:10 pm

Make sure that the Dragon or Serpent/Snake is on the left side of your body and the Tiger/Monkey is on the Right. It's nice to see another Asian in here. Anyways I see alot of Nationalities sportin our Asian style tattoos. I dunno what to think of it..

MRxCLOUDYxLOC
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MRxCLOUDYxLOC » December 12th, 2005, 11:19 pm

3Harmonies wrote:Make sure that the Dragon or Serpent/Snake is on the left side of your body and the Tiger/Monkey is on the Right. It's nice to see another Asian in here. Anyways I see alot of Nationalities sportin our Asian style tattoos. I dunno what to think of it..
sup with that?? Im Korean, and I got plenty of hyungs, OG homies, that have Tigers on the left side.. care to drop knowledge folks?

I got KP on my arms and my name in hanggeul on my ribs

3Harmonies
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 3Harmonies » December 16th, 2005, 2:20 am

Well the Tiger is considered the Yang-Side and traditionally goes on the Right side of your body. The Yin-Side is Serpents/Dragons which goes on the Left side.
MRxCLOUDYxLOC wrote:
3Harmonies wrote:Make sure that the Dragon or Serpent/Snake is on the left side of your body and the Tiger/Monkey is on the Right. It's nice to see another Asian in here. Anyways I see alot of Nationalities sportin our Asian style tattoos. I dunno what to think of it..
sup with that?? Im Korean, and I got plenty of hyungs, OG homies, that have Tigers on the left side.. care to drop knowledge folks?

I got KP on my arms and my name in hanggeul on my ribs

GWUN TWO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by GWUN TWO » December 16th, 2005, 8:24 pm

also you're not supposed to put a tiger and dragon tattoo on the same body or they'll fight and cause you conflict throughout your life

can anyone school me on koi fish tatts? i heard youngins get em and once they become more mature they cover it with a dragon

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 16th, 2005, 10:25 pm

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 16th, 2005, 10:30 pm

OOOOOOPS I posted this ^ in the wrong thread :oops:

3Harmonies
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 3Harmonies » December 20th, 2005, 8:27 am

:lol: Maybe that's Y Im so messed up :lol: JK..
GWUN TWO wrote:also you're not supposed to put a tiger and dragon tattoo on the same body or they'll fight and cause you conflict throughout your life

can anyone school me on koi fish tatts? i heard youngins get em and once they become more mature they cover it with a dragon

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 20th, 2005, 9:17 am

RestInPeaceBigT wrote:blakk what kinda tatoos do chinese ppl get? i heard instant rice
LOL I can't believe only one other person saw this...

3Harmonies
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 3Harmonies » December 20th, 2005, 5:50 pm

Tattoos are an addiction just like anything else. Im not talking about those tiny lil tats.. Im talkin bout going under the needle at 10 hrs a time per a session.. My body is like nearly half way covered. It's therapeutic man.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 20th, 2005, 7:08 pm

^^ Kinda freaky man, almost sounded like a heroin addict :shock: :lol:

desmond_14k

Unread post by desmond_14k » December 29th, 2005, 3:26 am

good thing i got my tiger on my right bak n my dragon on my left arm .chest....

n e one know n e thing about this chinese myth that has to do with something like dragons on the bak isnt good for u or something?

MRxCLOUDYxLOC
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MRxCLOUDYxLOC » January 1st, 2006, 10:57 pm

icic, im thinkin of gettin siberian tiger all across my back as the symbol for the unification of the Korean peninsula. I also want to get a dragon with mountains on my arm, I guess left, and then have the han ja characters YONG and SAN for Dragon Mountain, cuz that's where I was born.

SneekyDuse
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SneekyDuse » January 17th, 2006, 2:53 am

instant rice? Are you an idiot? Is that supposed to be some kind of lame ass joke? ...

Tattooing in Asia has a long history ... in Japan it started in the 17th century, during which criminals were tattooed with their crime on their foreheads, some of these criminals were ronin (masterless samurai) being social outcasts they had no alternatives than organizing in gangs these men formed the roots of yakuza. "In 1827 the irezumi artist Kuniyoshi published the firth 6 designs of the 108 Heroes of the Suikoden. The Suikoden were something like ancient Robin Hoods (honorable bandits). The story is based on a classic Chinese novel "Shui-Hi-Chuan¡± that dates from the 13th and 14th century. Irezumi still has stigma in society today. Some of these irezumi "turtle shells" are the best tattoos I've seen, it's truly an artform.

unknown408

asian tats in SAN JOSE

Unread post by unknown408 » March 13th, 2006, 1:09 am

2faced
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 2faced » May 19th, 2007, 2:58 am

treditional way of doing those tattos for the yakuzas is using the bamboo
and along comes time.