highly educated,but still unemployed

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

highly educated,but still unemployed

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 20th, 2006, 10:16 pm

Highly educated, but still unemployed
Job crunch hits minorities hardest, report says
Posted: Feb. 10, 2004
Opportunities

Avanni Hobbs had high hopes of breaking into the information technology field after college. Instead, the 1999 University of Wisconsin-Whitewater graduate has spent the past two years cleaning offices at night.

Although Hobbs has worked in several technology-related jobs, none of them has lasted for more than a year. The cleaning job, the only steady work Hobbs has had since graduating from college about five years ago, ended in December. He is now unemployed.

This is hardly what Hobbs bargained for after four years of hard work and struggle to earn a bachelor's degree in management and computer systems, a laudable achievement for a young, African-American man from a tough, central city neighborhood.

"I have a degree, and I've been doing a job that I don't want to do, like janitorial services," says Hobbs, 29, who repairs computers for relatives and friends in his spare time.

Jobs

Photo/Jeffrey Phelps
Avanni Hobbs, a 1999 graduate of University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, is frustrated in the tight job market as he tries to find steady work in his field. After several short-term jobs, he's now unemployed.

"Right now, it's so bleak I don't see myself getting a job in IT (information technology). I'm trying to stay optimistic, but it's hard not to be down in the dumps."

Hobbs is not alone in his frustration. College-educated African-Americans are having a hard time advancing their careers in the worst turnaround in the labor market for blacks in 25 years, according to a new report by the National Urban League.

During the economic expansion of the 1990s, college-educated and highly skilled African-Americans had their biggest gains in managerial jobs.

But since the economic downturn of 2001, black professionals haven't been able to hold onto those jobs. They now represent a disproportionate share of Americans who are out of work, according to the quarterly jobs report by the National Urban League's Institute for Opportunity and Equality.

Even with the economy on the upswing, the report shows, African-Americans and minorities are hurt more than whites by the slow job growth.

"In the last recession, if you were black and had a college degree, it wasn't all that bad. This time, it's much worse," says William Spriggs, an economist and director of the National Urban League's Institute for Opportunity and Equality.

"This recession actually hurt more skilled workers than the last one. That's part of the reason why African-Americans have been hurt more. But some of it's still the effect of discrimination. It says that when the economy turns down, there's no protection if you're black."

The latest recession started with the unemployment rate at 1.5% for white college graduates and 2.4% for African-Americans. At the trough for this recession in July 2003, the white jobless rate had more than doubled to 3.2% and the African-American rate also about doubled to 4.6%.

But take note: By December, the white unemployment rate had eased to 2.6%, while the rate for college-educated African-Americans remained stubbornly high at 4.1%, the Urban League's report found.

The number and share of African-Americans employed as managers have declined since July 2003, dropping from 27.2% to 25.1% by December 2003. Over the same period, employment for white managers rose from 34.7% to 35.9%, the report found.

A greater share of pain
Marc H. Morial, president and chief executive officer of the National Urban League, worries whether the economic gains made by African-Americans are threatened. His organization plans to convene a jobs summit with business and labor leaders to find solutions.

"The gains that we've made are always subject to being repressed if we're not vigilant," Morial says. "The question becomes, is progress for African-Americans slowing to a halt with the jobless recovery?"

The overall unemployment rate for African-Americans, which stood at 10.3% as of December 2003, has held in the double digits for 14 months, according to the National Urban League.

African-Americans also represent a greater share of the long-term unemployed, 29.5% vs. 21.1% for whites, the National Urban League report found.

If you're African-American, you don't need another study to tell you what you already know, and that's the disproportionate way the recent recession has affected blacks.

Take John Ward. Last May, he was laid off from a supervisory job at Miller Brewing Co., where he had worked for 12 years. Miller was sold in July 2002 to South African Breweries, now SABMiller.

Armed with bachelor's and master's degrees in business management from Cardinal Stritch University, Ward, 53, believes he is at a disadvantage as a black man in Milwaukee's conservative business climate. The city ranks near the bottom among the 50 largest U.S. metropolitan areas in the representation of black professionals and managers in companies, according to a recent study by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

"When you look at the major corporations in Milwaukee, most of your key decision makers are white and they're male. When you go in for face-to-face interviews, they find out that you're not quite what they wanted," says Ward, who does consulting work for Mountcastle Corp., a Milwaukee residential living services company.

"It only takes one offer to get you out of the slump, but when you're African-American, they're harder to come by."

Critical to survival
While education no longer guarantees a job, it's still critical to blacks' survival in a hostile labor market, says Ralph Hollmon, chief executive officer of the Milwaukee Urban League.

"We in the African-American community must continue to stress the importance and value of education," Hollmon says. "When you look at the gap between black and white unemployment, the gap tends to close with the more education that African-Americans have."

But try telling that to Hobbs.

"I've worked so hard for my degree. Now, I don't have anything to show for it," Hobbs says. "I'm living at home with my mother. I'm not making any money. Being a young man, I want to stand on my own two feet."

Sadly, there are many more people like Hobbs in this community, and that's troubling. What does this say to young people of color in our inner cities, where a wide gulf separates reality from the American Dream?

Perhaps, James Mathis, executive director of Project Equality of Wisconsin, sums it up best:

"We're telling young people to go to school to be the best that you can be when the opportunities are not there," he says. "The challenge for us doing diversity work is trying to create real opportunity for employment and advancement."

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 20th, 2006, 10:45 pm

I acknowledge that Black unemployment is twice as high as whites in SoCal where I live at about 10.3%. Black crime is through the roof, however. Now before you cuss me out again for bringing this up, listen, the relationship between Black crime and Black unemployment doesn't add up.

Therefore, there has to be other factors to account for the disparity. I look around Los Angeles and I see a whole generation of young Black men that want to be "50 cents." They aren't educating themselves and opening legitimate businesses. They are living off their "shortys" and making money other ways until they run afoul of the man. Then they come out and it's all my fault even though I spend a lot of time making sure it isn't.

Now obviously the gangster culture doesn't define everyone, of course not. But it does account for the aforementioned disparity. How do you change this generation instead of blaming Whitey for everything?

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 21st, 2006, 12:43 pm

highly educated means you have at least a college degree. if you have a college degree and cant find a job, there's something wrong with you.

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by curiousdude06 » March 21st, 2006, 3:05 pm

Shatterhand and se11 bring up good points. There are other factors involved, I'm sure discrimination has some say in some cases, but not all the time. I.T./computers have always been one of those things that fluctuate, and often times blame can be put on the companies that falsely claim that there are not enough qualified candidates, when in fact what they really want is some cheap immigrant labor from overseas so they can pay them on a lower scale. One can't just give up, there are other things you can do and I applaud the people in the article above because they haven't quit and are still working other jobs in the meantime.

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by curiousdude06 » March 21st, 2006, 3:05 pm

Shatterhand and se11 bring up good points. There are other factors involved, I'm sure discrimination has some say in some cases, but not all the time. I.T./computers have always been one of those things that fluctuate, and often times blame can be put on the companies that falsely claim that there are not enough qualified candidates, when in fact what they really want is some cheap immigrant labor from overseas so they can pay them on a lower scale. One can't just give up, there are other things you can do and I applaud the people in the article above because they haven't quit and are still working other jobs in the meantime.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 21st, 2006, 6:32 pm

Note, I'm speaking about the statistics and my observations where I live and have grown up: that would be SoCal. Blackmanofhonor is asserting extremely high unemployment statistics for Black men in his area. I'm not familiar with his area so I'm not even going to argue with him whether or not he's right or wrong because I accept that it's so bad it has changed him in this way. Doesn't matter if it is 38% or 72% really: bad is bad. And I can see that you white guys on here have never spent some time living in a park with all the dangers involved with that or lived out of your "ride" for a couple of years. You don't know that its like imo though some of you might claim otherwise.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 21st, 2006, 6:49 pm

se11 wrote:highly educated means you have at least a college degree. if you have a college degree and cant find a job, there's something wrong with you.
The statistics show that few Black men are in college first of all and second of all there are some pretty viable assertions being made those college educated Black men in the work force get laid off a lot moving from company to company.

The way I see it is that Black men have to scorn the fornicating/adultering, drugs/partying, shortcuts, and all that gangsterism, etc... and seriously educate themselves and then start their own legitimate businesses. Show me an authentic, moral, educated Black man ready to roll up his sleeves and get to work for real on the positive (no BS) and I'll show you my new partner. It's that simple.

none for you
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by none for you » March 21st, 2006, 7:38 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:Note, I'm speaking about the statistics and my observations where I live and have grown up: that would be SoCal. Blackmanofhonor is asserting extremely high unemployment statistics for Black men in his area. I'm not familiar with his area so I'm not even going to argue with him whether or not he's right or wrong because I accept that it's so bad it has changed him in this way. Doesn't matter if it is 38% or 72% really: bad is bad. And I can see that you white guys on here have never spent some time living in a park with all the dangers involved with that or lived out of your "ride" for a couple of years. You don't know that its like imo though some of you might claim otherwise.
um EXCUSE ME!!
but I HAVE.
I know what its like ... been there...

I slept in parks, in squats, the bus graveyard and homeless shelters....
I have ate out of soup kitchens and garbage cans,,,,

And I was only twice as angry as manofhonor to bring me there.

today I live in a HOUSE, have a 2 year old ride and am planning on someday owning real estate ... .

BECAUSE I CHANGED MY ATTITUDE I became employable etc.....and my life got better....
today I volunteer at the local food bank and often cook for free functions that feed people and I go to into correctional facilities and give my time and share a message of hope and recovery. I serve people of all colors in this capacity. and I support my best friend who may be facing a third strike for being an angry white man.
so the evil greedy person is not in this lily white skin.

did I mention I am a highschool drop out ?
(because girls dont do mechanical drawing, they said to me and squashed my dreams of being an architect, hence the bad attitude, etc).

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » March 22nd, 2006, 3:16 am

from another forum I copy and pasted the article:

"his is a lame story and absolutely meaningless.

He's an IT grad. He graduated in 99. Presumably he started college around 94 or 95...when the Tech sector was booming and EVERYONE was like, "Ooooh....Tech is THE way of the future." Then.....BUST. Now guess what??? He is highly educated with a saturated market of graduates for fewer jobs, and also a degree that does not cross over markets well.

Meanwhile, unemployment is just about as low as it can possibly be in even the healthiest of economies and the economy is growing at 4%.

Tough luck. No more than that. Not everyone in the world is guaranteed a job. Sorry."

" if he did graduate in 99 he started at least in 95 or 96. by 99 the tech boom was at its highest because it died in 2000.

if he couldn't land a job and keep it then he is in trouble.

now the market is flooded with IT people. Granted most don't know what they are doing but they are still applying for positions with all the qualifications. A degree in the IT field doesn't cut it anymore. You almost have to get your certifications IE a+, net+, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP, CCNE.

I know I am one of those people. I finished my two year in 2000. It took me 6 months or so to land a job in IT doing help desk. After the adelphia scandal i left and found another job doing home automation. went back to school for my 4 year in network management. I have almost 10 years of experience in PC and Network management with a 4 year degree and still couldn't land a job. finally after posting 100 resume's or more i landed a job as a computer operator.

this is a highly competive market and unless you do something to separate yourself from the rest of the field you are just another speck of sand in the box.

They had 1 other position here and my supervisor had like 100 applications or more for 1 position. Lucky for me my degree focused in managment as well. i have 4 years of management classes which help cross connect me a little into other things."

" I'm white and the same thing happened to me.

So why are there so many H1B visa workers who have jobs?

Why have I talked to scores of out of work programmers and IT workers who were replaced, after years of competent and faithful service, with H1B visa workers.

I vote we replace Congress with H1B visa workers."

" the low end jobs are being outsourced such as tech support and things of that nature.

system admins, network admins, DB people, NOC technicians are all very much needed and in demand. it just takes a lot of experience and they don't want to train anyone to do the job.

you can go to monster or dice.com and see all of the tech jobs out there. there are thousands of them. it is just they require experience.

IT has gone more on the professional level. You need to know what you are doing before you get into it. Graduating from college and saying have a degree doesn't cut it anymore. They want proven experience in the field because one mistake and you can take the whole thing down costing the company millions of dollars."

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 22nd, 2006, 9:56 pm

[Perhaps, James Mathis, executive director of Project Equality of Wisconsin, sums it up best:
"We're telling young people to go to school to be the best that you can be when the opportunities are not there,"]

lol u gotta be kidding me. this is america. opportunities are everywhere u jus gotta look. and if you dont find one then look harder. once again this is america. move to a different city do whatever you gotta do. or you can sit on your a$$ and think about how your an oppressed black man and thats just what youll be.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 23rd, 2006, 3:45 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote: The way I see it is that Black men have to scorn the fornicating/adultering, drugs/partying, shortcuts, and all that gangsterism, etc... and seriously educate themselves and then start their own legitimate businesses. Show me an authentic, moral, educated Black man ready to roll up his sleeves and get to work for real on the positive (no BS) and I'll show you my new partner. It's that simple.

And Mr.Whitey is in the position to attack anyones morals?

When will you all scorn the discrimination,im-right-all-the-time,only-i'm-important attitude?

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 23rd, 2006, 3:49 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:
The way I see it is that Black men have to scorn the fornicating/adultering, drugs/partying, shortcuts, and all that gangsterism, etc...
if you all didnt treat us like fucking dogs for hundreds of years and then make our skin color a curse in society, maybe our minds wouldnt be so screwed up?

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 23rd, 2006, 4:20 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote: The way I see it is that Black men have to scorn the fornicating/adultering, drugs/partying, shortcuts, and all that gangsterism, etc... and seriously educate themselves and then start their own legitimate businesses. Show me an authentic, moral, educated Black man ready to roll up his sleeves and get to work for real on the positive (no BS) and I'll show you my new partner. It's that simple.

When will you all scorn the discrimination,im-right-all-the-time,only-i'm-important attitude?
No Whitey isn't and neither are you. God is. And just fyi, I'm not attacking what I'm doing is pointing out a reality that one cannot reasonably expect to act the gangster, take and/or sell drugs, fornicate and adulterate, get wild and violent at times and then expect success to just fall out of the sky. It is unrealistic for the vast majority. To call me judgmental for pointing that out is ignorant. And my opinion of the qualities I look for in people that I choose to have in my life are based on hard experience. You don't have to agree but I certainly am entitled to my opinion same as you. Peace friend.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 23rd, 2006, 5:23 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:
The way I see it is that Black men have to scorn the fornicating/adultering, drugs/partying, shortcuts, and all that gangsterism, etc...
if you all didnt treat us like #%@&#%@ dogs for hundreds of years and then make our skin color a curse in society, maybe our minds wouldnt be so screwed up?
no blacks minds are screwed up but yours. your stupid fucking parents probably brain wahed you into thinking this way or some retard in your life did.

1.this is AMERICA. there's opprotunities EVERYWHERE. if you can't find a job then your not trying hard enough. thousands of things, thousands of places.

2.like it or not whites own most of the buissnesses. they will be the ones employing you. if you think the whole country is going to stop everything and destroy the multi-billion dollar company and re-build it because the founder of it exploited black 200 years ago, you must be smoking crack. this will cause a huge hit to the economy, a huge crash in the companys stock, a huge hit in employment, and a huge lay off. that is why NOBODY is going to up and destroy companies that benefitted from slavery. you just have to live with it. yeah its fucked up to peoples of the past, but if you do what you want, you will destroy people of the present.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 23rd, 2006, 9:11 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:

No Whitey isn't and neither are you. God is. And just fyi, I'm not attacking what I'm doing is pointing out a reality that one cannot reasonably expect to act the gangster, take and/or sell drugs, fornicate and adulterate, get wild and violet at times and then expect success to just fall out of the sky..
Its funny how you expect people blocked from having a legal way to feed themselves to be model citizens.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 24th, 2006, 12:30 pm

se11 wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:
if you all didnt treat us like #%@&#%@ dogs for hundreds of years and then make our skin color a curse in society, maybe our minds wouldnt be so screwed up?
no blacks minds are screwed up but yours. your stupid #%@&#%@ parents probably brain wahed you into thinking this way or some retard in your life did.

1.this is AMERICA. there's opprotunities EVERYWHERE. if you can't find a job then your not trying hard enough. thousands of things, thousands of places.

2.like it or not whites own most of the buissnesses. they will be the ones employing you. if you think the whole country is going to stop everything and destroy the multi-billion dollar company and re-build it because the founder of it exploited black 200 years ago, you must be smoking crack. this will cause a huge hit to the economy, a huge crash in the companys stock, a huge hit in employment, and a huge lay off. that is why NOBODY is going to up and destroy companies that benefitted from slavery. you just have to live with it. yeah its #%@& up to peoples of the past, but if you do what you want, you will destroy people of the present.
answer this? no because you cant target white people and blame them for your problem here.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 24th, 2006, 1:01 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:

No Whitey isn't and neither are you. God is. And just fyi, I'm not attacking what I'm doing is pointing out a reality that one cannot reasonably expect to act the gangster, take and/or sell drugs, fornicate and adulterate, get wild and violet at times and then expect success to just fall out of the sky..
Its funny how you expect people blocked from having a legal way to feed themselves to be model citizens.
see THIS, THIS is mainly what I argue against. The government gives out food on weekends no questions asked in any major city, cheese and crackers and canned stuff. What do you mean "FEED THEMSELVES"?

Or do you mean being able to buy nice clothes and brand name stuff and a car and owning your own house?

All of which are luxuries in my book.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 24th, 2006, 1:12 pm

^P.S. i know what you might think... "Are you going to support having low standards of livig" and such...

The answer is no.

But what I don't like is that dishonor (both literally and the board member) chooses to hide or distort. Tre for example provided a reasonable and honest calim that America had parts similiar to a third world country. On the other hand dishonor says that his problem is that people are starving to death????? Sorry, no. The issue is having the same standard in the bad parts of the US as the rest of the US.

Had you stated that instead of acting like all black people are dying of starvation, the responses might have been quite different.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 24th, 2006, 1:21 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:

see THIS, THIS is mainly what I argue against. The government gives out food on weekends no questions asked in any major city, cheese and crackers and canned stuff. What do you mean "FEED THEMSELVES"?

Or do you mean being able to buy nice clothes and brand name stuff and a car and owning your own house?

All of which are luxuries in my book.

so blacks should content with government hand outs?yayyyyyyyy,lets all live in homeless shelters,wear rags,and eat government cheese!Afterall,we are niggers so its ok for us!!!

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 24th, 2006, 1:24 pm

^^ GET A JOB.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 24th, 2006, 1:29 pm

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:^P.S. i know what you might think... "Are you going to support having low standards of livig" and such...

The answer is no.

But what I don't like is that dishonor (both literally and the board member) chooses to hide or distort. Tre for example provided a reasonable and honest calim that America had parts similiar to a third world country. On the other hand dishonor says that his problem is that people are starving to death????? Sorry, no. The issue is having the same standard in the bad parts of the US as the rest of the US.

Had you stated that instead of acting like all black people are dying of starvation, the responses might have been quite different.

when did I say that blacks were starving to death?Anyone can get something to eat in America,in that aspect even a bum on the street is better off here than in some other countries.I acknowledge that.But it still doesnt excuse rampant discrimination in the job market and justice field resulting in super high black unemployment and prison rates in America.Which is my problem,and if the USA was really a land with ''justice and liberty for all'' would be considered all of our problem.

you all are taking that ''third world'' comment and running with it....on purpose.I said this several times...I meant that blacks and some others have third world like unemployment,child mortality and poverty rates.Which is true.

I think youre really a white guy pretending to be the ''model minority'',or either youre a really stupid,white washed,korean.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 24th, 2006, 1:31 pm

se11 wrote:^^ GET A JOB.
Get a soul,coward.Youre a robot.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 24th, 2006, 1:34 pm

se11 wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote: 2.like it or not whites own most of the buissnesses. they will be the ones employing you. if you think the whole country is going to stop everything and destroy the multi-billion dollar company and re-build it because the founder of it exploited black 200 years ago, you must be smoking crack. this will cause a huge hit to the economy, a huge crash in the companys stock, a huge hit in employment, and a huge lay off. that is why NOBODY is going to up and destroy companies that benefitted from slavery. you just have to live with it. yeah its #%@& up to peoples of the past, but if you do what you want, you will destroy people of the present.
true whites own most of the businesses.They are being bogus,and shady motherfuckers with the power they have and they are not treating blacks like fellow citizens.

when did i mention anything about destroying any companies?I said stop the DISCRIMINATION.Stiop putting words in my mouth bitch.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 24th, 2006, 1:44 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
se11 wrote:^^ GET A JOB.
Get a soul,coward.Youre a robot.
your calling me a fucking robot? the asshole that says "rampant discrimination" 6 times a fucking post. you got some fucking balls.
true whites own most of the businesses.They are being bogus,and shady motherfuckers with the power they have and they are not treating blacks like fellow citizens.

when did i mention anything about destroying any companies?I said stop the DISCRIMINATION.Stiop putting words in my mouth bitch.
well not enough blacks get degrees in a certian field to get hired by the white companies. white bosses dont hire unqualified people just because they dont like the color of ones skin. if you dont give someone a reason to do something they wont do it. a black with a degree in accounting will find a job. they wont be descriminated against because of his skills.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 24th, 2006, 1:45 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
EVN - I'm just me... wrote:^P.S. i know what you might think... "Are you going to support having low standards of livig" and such...

The answer is no.

when did I say that blacks were starving to death?Anyone can get something to eat in America,in that aspect even a bum on the street is better off here than in some other countries.I acknowledge that.But it still doesnt excuse rampant discrimination in the job market and justice field resulting in super high black unemployment and prison rates in America.Which is my problem,and if the USA was really a land with ''justice and liberty for all'' would be considered all of our problem.

you all are taking that ''third world'' comment and running with it....on purpose.I said this several times...I meant that blacks and some others have third world like unemployment,child mortality and poverty rates.Which is true.

I think youre really a white guy pretending to be the ''model minority'',or either youre a really stupid,white washed,korean.
you said they were being prevented from the only legal way to "feed themselves"

But at least you are acknowledging that your true argument is different from the originally stated stuff...

But child mortality for any group is nowhere near 3rd world, and poverty is defined differently because as you say, a bum is better off here than is a 3rd world country.

But at least I see a more reasonable argument here than before.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 24th, 2006, 2:03 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:

The answer is no.

But at least you are acknowledging that your true argument is different from the originally stated stuff...

But child mortality for any group is nowhere near 3rd world, and poverty is defined differently because as you say, a bum is better off here than is a 3rd world country.

No man should be content with hand outs.In effect if a man doesnt have a job he cant feed himself,he has to be feed by others.

child mortality for blacks is near some third world countries.Research yourself.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 24th, 2006, 2:04 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:

The answer is no.

No man should be content with hand outs.In effect if a man doesnt have a job he cant feed himself,he has to be feed by others.
unless he turns to ''alternative'' ways of feeding himself,example crime.Which is a bad thing within itself,because it leads to high imprisonment rates.Over 10% of the black adult male population is locked up right now.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 24th, 2006, 2:19 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote: No man should be content with hand outs.In effect if a man doesnt have a job he cant feed himself,he has to be feed by others.
unless he turns to ''alternative'' ways of feeding himself,example crime.Which is a bad thing within itself,because it leads to high imprisonment rates.Over 10% of the black adult male population is locked up right now.
I can definitely agree with you there.

Handouts are better than crime, and yet there should be more than handouts...

But I think without handouts many would seriously not survive (in a literal, not exagerated sense, as in the homeless)
-
But you can uóe these handouts as a temporary crutch until you get on your feet, which isn't the most prideful thing to do, but it is as you said better than crime.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » March 24th, 2006, 3:03 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote: No man should be content with hand outs.In effect if a man doesnt have a job he cant feed himself,he has to be feed by others.

But I think without handouts many would seriously not survive (in a literal, not exagerated sense, as in the homeless)

But you can use these handouts as a temporary crutch until you get on your feet, which isn't the most prideful thing to do, but it is as you said better than crime.
shut up you pancakin bitch.... you can't make up your in your mine whose side you want to be on.

this is you.

"the government gives out free food. i can agree with you there anything is better than free food. the u.s. is not a 3rd world. oh the katrina thing was a 3rd world and yeah some cities can be compared to a 3rd world. indians are oppressed. blacks aren't oppressed. what you think of this X? how can you say that X? X you are a racist. blackman you are a racist. haha 88 that nigga joke was funny, but i ain't racist. i don't say nigga cause its an ugly word, but i laugh at the jokes. why you call se11 a honkey? yeah se11 blackman is a racist nigga. blacks force blacks to smoke crack. blacks should stay off drugs. i don't judge, but all blacks are lazy, crack pushin, bangers. MLK had prostitutes, oh i'm lying he didn't have prostitutes. i love MLK, i just heard he had prostitues. only blacks sell drugs but government officials don't. i'm not white i'm korean, but i want to be white. that was a good post of minister farrakhan. i hate the noi's beliefs."

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 24th, 2006, 3:53 pm

your calling me a #%@&#%@ robot? the ahole that says "rampant discrimination" 6 times a #%@&#%@ post. you got some #%@&#%@ balls.

I hear that!!! BMOH....you sound more racist than anybody on here by far.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 24th, 2006, 4:49 pm

johnnyblac eye to eye wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:

But you can use these handouts as a temporary crutch until you get on your feet, which isn't the most prideful thing to do, but it is as you said better than crime.
shut up you pancakin bitch.... you can't make up your in your mine whose side you want to be on.

this is you.

"the government gives out free food. i can agree with you there anything is better than free food. the u.s. is not a 3rd world. oh the katrina thing was a 3rd world and yeah some cities can be compared to a 3rd world. indians are oppressed. blacks aren't oppressed. what you think of this X? how can you say that X? X you are a racist. blackman you are a racist. haha 88 that nigga joke was funny, but i ain't racist. i don't say nigga cause its an ugly word, but i laugh at the jokes. why you call se11 a honkey? yeah se11 blackman is a racist nigga. blacks force blacks to smoke crack. blacks should stay off drugs. i don't judge, but all blacks are lazy, crack pushin, bangers. MLK had prostitutes, oh i'm lying he didn't have prostitutes. i love MLK, i just heard he had prostitues. only blacks sell drugs but government officials don't. i'm not white i'm korean, but i want to be white. that was a good post of minister farrakhan. i hate the noi's beliefs."
??

So there are only 2 sides to an issue?

P.S. When the hell did I agree with Farrakhan, he's an ignorant pussy who takes advantage of the anger people have in them and coverts it for his own personal use and he isn't against racism, he calls Jews wicked.

I never said only black sell drugs. I think I konw what post you're talking about, it said in America I only heard so far (doesn't mean I hear everything) about blacks forcing other blacks to take drugs, but it happens in white communities I'm sure (crystal meth probably) and it happens in many other countries everywhere. I just said I didn't hear bout it first or second hand.

Never once did I say all black were lazy, pushers, or bangers. (highlighted in red)

And I am Korean and don't want to be anything but human. I honestly don't want to be defined by any race whatsoever, in Christ there is no race or foreigner but all are one.

none for you
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by none for you » March 24th, 2006, 5:12 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote: Its funny how you expect people blocked from having a legal way to feed themselves to be model citizens.

what the HELL are you talking about???

WHO is blocking anyone from legally feeding themselves?

you are should be taken out of society... i hope you arent armed,,, you are the most ridiculous person I have ever had the dispeasure of talking to

I guess you are jsutifying crackwhores, pimps and dope dealers...
you really need to visit another neighborhood, because your view is distorted from your sick environment.