immigration.......

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 16th, 2006, 11:44 pm

Oh, one more fact that most people ignore.

The "riots" were mostly seperate from any true protesting over Rodney King. Remember 83GC's started it, and by the time the chaos was at its peak, MOST "RIOTERS" WERE JUST PEOPLE WHO WANTED "STUFF" and used the incident and already growing anger as an excuse and/or the "final straw," either way it was bigger than just Rodney King or even police brutality and racism.

How is random looting going to end the negative stereotyping and abuse of black people? Obviously that was not the larger agenda.

mnjmc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mnjmc » April 17th, 2006, 12:37 am

se11 wrote:carlos mencia made a great point on immigration. if you want to show how much you love america and want to be here, dont wave a mexican flag.
Mexicans are not the only ones that raise foreing flags in the US. Hell I know Irish people, which families have lived in the US for many generations and still raise the Irish flag. The same for the Italians and Jewish. But see those get a pass because they are seen as real American Immigrants. So if they are still raising their flags and no one bitches about it to them, even though it has been a hundred years since their people came of those boats, then certain people need to stop crying about Mexicans raising the Mexican Flag. I guess others think we are not American enough to carry a different flag.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 17th, 2006, 7:46 am

or white enough, perhaps?

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by curiousdude06 » April 17th, 2006, 8:49 am

It's all about perception and how they act. Yes, it's true other ethnicities fly their flags, but mostly at specific instances outside of national politics, IMHO. Unless, of course, you're talking about neo nazi boneheads who fly their various national flags at all times.

When groups like italians and irish fly or show their flags, it is more during days like columbus or st. paddy's day, and outside of that their true loyalties in the end is still to the good old u.s.a.

The mostly latino marchers didn't start flying american flags en masse until they were bombarded with criticism from a lot of people. Same thing happened during the prop 187 protests a decade earlier, the initial protest marches didn't have many american flags but after much criticism they started to do so in later marches. In some schools in the u.s. people were burning the u.s. flag, and the u.s. flag was/still is equated with racism and whatnot by some protesters. The thinking is that if these protesters are going to protest about staying in the u.s. and benefitting from it, then they should do so wanting to be americans, not fly the flag of a foreign nation.

I'm sure most of them don't really care one way or another, just want a better way of life.

By the way, other untold stories of the riots I found awesome were those who stood for what they believed in outside of color lines. Black people were risking their own lives defending innocent people from the rioters. Same with Latino's and other races. One cool thing I remember reading was how a group of latino's actually stood outside one korean owned restaurant during the riots, ready to defend it against looters.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 17th, 2006, 12:41 pm

perongregory wrote:or white enough, perhaps?
No one's waving a British flag on Independance Day...

The main reason they don't get a pass is the fact that they are illegal immigrants doing that. It scares a lot of Americans into seeing this silent invasion or something.

Because on Cinco de Mayo and days like that, all Mexicans get a pass for waving their flag, and most cities governments make official events for it. It's just that when you have someone who's still a citizen of Mexico and came here illegally waving it, it gives it a whole other connotation outwardly.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 17th, 2006, 2:03 pm

I understand. But n the independence day thing why would anglo Americans wave British flags? It's a day to celebrate independence from the British.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 17th, 2006, 3:47 pm

^Exactly. The main people that are really prevented from waving their "other flag" are whites.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 17th, 2006, 4:06 pm

^ lol I bet someone is gonna say I'm sucking up to white people there.

But I don't see too many flags that would be that downplayed when so many Americans are from there.

Maybe us North Koreans don't get to wave JongIl's flag but if you want to wave that DICKtatorship's sh*t you have no right to call yourself a true HanKook, there is only one Korea and the communists shall fall, our time to re-rise shall come!
:wink: :P

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by curiousdude06 » April 17th, 2006, 8:01 pm

Don't know if it's true or not, but was watching the show Hannity and Colmes. They had on a dude from some immigrant watchdog group, and he says that the american flags were given by the organizers, and some of the marchers were throwing them in the garbage once they were done. Also, the point was made that the camera only focused on the majority of those carrying U.S. flags and not on those carrying signs from groups claiming that the U.S. stole land from Mexico and they were taking it back (a la Mecha and other organizations)

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 17th, 2006, 11:37 pm

EVN, are you kidding me, protest against the corrupt human soul??? That doesnt make any sense. You cant protest a spiritual phenomenon...come on now, if your store gets burned down you cant blame humanitie's dark side. You gotta protect yourself, you familyand your things.
You cant protest to the police and blame them for letting this happen. The police are a reactionary force, a crime is committed and they repond. They did what they could. Police cant come in, in the middle of a full scale riot and control the situation...theres just not enough of them. No other race other then asians would not start a protest, and then not even protest against the people who destroyed your community. They never wanna make noise...even when they do (the peotest) they half-way do it...so they dont make enemies.
Asians are easily intimidated by anyone. You gotta have balls for a protest...you wave a mexican flag and you know white cops are gonna be looking at you waiting for a reason to cuff you up. You know theres gonna be tension, your gonna kick up some dust. Same thing with blacks in the civil rights era...you all might remember the dogs and the fire hoses.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 17th, 2006, 11:53 pm

Let me break it down with how most of white america looks at minorites not all but the majority....black mexican and asian.

1. Blacks: Most whites look at blacks as trouble makers, lazy, loud mouth, drug users, welfare abusers, criminals, gang bangers, dumb, thieves, and the only thing their good for is music and sports.

2. Mexicans: Illegals, wetbacks, they take advantage of the system, they pay no taxes, take american jobs, live bunched up in houses, make the neighborhood's property value go down, dumb, the only thing their good for is minimal jobs like janitors and picking fruit.

3. Asians: They look at asians like this...hey we need doctors and nurses let them in they love the medical field and the U.S. is short on them. Asian men are looked at like nerds, uniks, no competition women-wise. Asian women would rather be with a white guy or any other race, even if they deny it they think it, and thats a plus. Can you imagine a influx of additional women that like your race instead of theres? They dont make any noise, they do what their told, they do drugs, they are respectful almost scared...no trouble whatso ever.

Asians know this is the truth just like blacks and mexicans know about their situation and how most whites look at them. Asians seem to be cool with this, and i dont understand it.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 18th, 2006, 12:02 am

GWUN TWO,
Most rioters were mexican?? i dont think so...Most of the riots were done in black neighborhoods and surrounding areas, which means blacks were the majority there. And yeah its true most rioters wanted stuff...alot of blacks didnt give a shit about rodney king, some did and were passionate about it.
Same thing with mexicans, they wanted stuff. Some were passionate about rodney king...whatever blacks go through mexicans go through. Mexicans get abused by the police and were getting abused by the police too.
Poverty fueled the riots just as much as rodney king did...this explains them wanting "stuff". I talked with alot of rioters in that time, i even asked them hey why would you loot and burn a korean owned store?? Of course i didnt ask the knuckleheads who were just out to come up, because i knew their answer. I asked the people who truly looked at this as an injustice and police brutallity. Well they answered me that they did it because Asians sell liquor to the black and hispanic community and further corrupt it. They make money off of the community but dont care at all about it.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 18th, 2006, 12:32 am

streetsIswatchin wrote:Well they answered me that they did it because Asians sell liquor to the black and hispanic community and further corrupt it. They make money off of the community but dont care at all about it.
That's b.s. Most sell clothes, in fact all Korean store owners I know personally sell clothes. It's just that the liquor stores happen to have a lot of Asian doesn't mean that most Asians sell liquor - there are a lot more clothing stores and swap meet shops than there are liquor stores.

And a lot of rioters were Hispanic, just as much in effect as Bblacks.

At least you admitted most didn't really care about King as much as getting stuff though

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 18th, 2006, 12:33 am

streetsIswatchin wrote:EVN, are you kidding me, protest against the corrupt human soul??? That doesnt make any sense. You cant protest a spiritual phenomenon...come on now, if your store gets burned down you cant blame humanitie's dark side. You gotta protect yourself, you familyand your things.
That was actually my point, I was kidding about that.
streetsIswatchin wrote:No other race other then asians would not start a protest, and then not even protest against the people who destroyed your community. They never wanna make noise...even when they do (the peotest) they half-way do it...so they dont make enemies.
Asians are easily intimidated by anyone. You gotta have balls for a protest...you wave a mexican flag and you know white cops are gonna be looking at you waiting for a reason to cuff you up. You know theres gonna be tension, your gonna kick up some dust. Same thing with blacks in the civil rights era...you all might remember the dogs and the fire hoses.
There was a big Korean protest in Mexico over a bunch of racial attacks, they were going crazy for a while... it was a couple years ago so i can't find a news link right now but it was big

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by curiousdude06 » April 18th, 2006, 12:45 am

I think streets is analyzing it a little too much. It's not that complicated, this is how white america views "minorities"

1. blacks: mud
2. hispanics: mud
3. orientals: mud

All out to steal de white women.

End of story

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 18th, 2006, 7:03 am

streetsIswatchin wrote:Let me break it down with how most of white america looks at minorites not all but the majority....black mexican and asian.

1. Blacks: Most whites look at blacks as trouble makers, lazy, loud mouth, drug users, welfare abusers, criminals, gang bangers, dumb, thieves, and the only thing their good for is music and sports.

2. Mexicans: Illegals, wetbacks, they take advantage of the system, they pay no taxes, take american jobs, live bunched up in houses, make the neighborhood's property value go down, dumb, the only thing their good for is minimal jobs like janitors and picking fruit.

3. Asians: They look at asians like this...hey we need doctors and nurses let them in they love the medical field and the U.S. is short on them. Asian men are looked at like nerds, uniks, no competition women-wise. Asian women would rather be with a white guy or any other race, even if they deny it they think it, and thats a plus. Can you imagine a influx of additional women that like your race instead of theres? They dont make any noise, they do what their told, they do drugs, they are respectful almost scared...no trouble whatso ever.

Asians know this is the truth just like blacks and mexicans know about their situation and how most whites look at them. Asians seem to be cool with this, and i dont understand it.
I think that it has to do with Asians being the most recent immigrants.... compared to the other two groups you mentioned, we are fairly new. We came here with a single minded purpose - either escape (Communism/dictatorships) and to work our way up.

At first even Khmers (who now have a rep much different from what you said) were "scared" of government since we refugees are used to brutal communism. Honestly, it's not the fear of fighting or getting hurt that holds people back (Korea has more streetfights than America will ever have, especially since there are almost private owned guns in Korea, a remnant of old dictators). It's more of bringing trouble/disappointment to your faimly. If they busted their ass to get here and get you in school, you owe it to them to go to school and work hard and try to stay out of trouble.

Which is why I don't understand Mexican kids ditching school to protest when the point of their parents coming here was for their education and opportunity. Protest doesn't mean you tear down the whole point of what you are protesting for. Protest in school and after school hours, or during lunch of something like that, don't take away the whole point of your protest.
Some Mexican told me it's because they heard that the school gets less money if they ditch - NOT true, that's only for some absences, but in this case they get slapped with a $200 ticket, as in they pay even more money and it's out of their parent's pockets.

Asian's aren't afraid of physical pain, or even their own selves. (look at kamikazes and the same type of "die for people" mentallity in all Asian wars that so far only Arabs have matched)
So far it's mostly holding back for parents and family.

As far as what others view/misunderstand this behavior as... f^ck it who cares. This has been working for us to go up corporate ladders and dominate in markets we didn't even have until recently. Computers and other technology like video games were once only American - remember that? lol

To tell how Asians view the people saying stuff about us - most of us view that type of talk as jealousy.

It's all about perspective.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 18th, 2006, 9:17 am

blacks and Mexicans do their revenge, retaliation, getback in your face style...Asians on the sneak tip. Could I say this?

About the Asian store owners...It wasn't just because they sold alcohol in the community, it was because many store owners had an air of disrespect. I know they had to be wary of rowdy people and shit but they would be so disrespectful sometimes, and people sense when you look down on them. What happened in essence is like the situation with the popo. You got good popo who tey to help, but then you got a lot of assholes tearin shit up. these popo treat innocent people like criminals, so the backing they could've had in the community totally goes down the drain. I think that shit kinda happened with the Korean store owners.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 18th, 2006, 10:40 am

streetsIswatchin wrote:Let me break it down with how most of white america looks at minorites not all but the majority....black mexican and asian.

This applies primarily to non college educated Con blue collar Dicki wearing Whites. There is an ocean of White libs, whiggers, and many upper class Whites who neither believe nor view other races this way and, in fact, go out of their way to make sure they are incorporating other races in their workplaces, communities, and lives as friends, coworkers, and even family.

I'm still laughing at streets for posting this though. It does apply to rednecks.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 18th, 2006, 11:38 am

Haha, I just remembered I have a Japanese friend, and he was tewlling me about his white uncle-in-law, who at a family reunion got a little liquor on him and decided to go on a racist tirade about blacks and Mexicans. He said basically what Streets posted, and said "we don't want them living around us". My friend then said well we're a minority too (Asians). and his uncle-in-law was like, "well you guys work and stuff, and are benefecial to country." Good stuff.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 18th, 2006, 3:20 pm

perongregory wrote:blacks and Mexicans do their revenge, retaliation, getback in your face style...Asians on the sneak tip. Could I say this?

About the Asian store owners...It wasn't just because they sold alcohol in the community, it was because many store owners had an air of disrespect. I know they had to be wary of rowdy people and shit but they would be so disrespectful sometimes, and people sense when you look down on them. What happened in essence is like the situation with the popo. You got good popo who tey to help, but then you got a lot of assholes tearin shit up. these popo treat innocent people like criminals, so the backing they could've had in the community totally goes down the drain. I think that shit kinda happened with the Korean store owners.
hm.... yes there were some assholes, but so far from the ones I know personally they were the "good kind" and made it a point to not just hire people that were highly qualified, since working in a store doesn't take that much anyways, they made it a point to hire those who needed the job and were good people. They made it a point to be a part of the community, in SFV some learn Spanish as well as English at the same time to accomadate customers. Those were mostly clothing stores thoughl.

But I guess from the liquor stores there are some idiots that gave everyone else a bad rep... but those guys probably had liquor in themselves too...

I just want to make a point that most store owners I met are not like that, and for the ones that are like that, they are generally the ones that face racism and get robbed from the customers themselves (people saying chin-chong-wong and dissing them in their own store), so I guess this is their version of not taking crap from people like you say about Blacks and Mexicans.

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by curiousdude06 » April 18th, 2006, 3:21 pm

perongregory wrote:Haha, I just remembered I have a Japanese friend, and he was tewlling me about his white uncle-in-law, who at a family reunion got a little liquor on him and decided to go on a racist tirade about blacks and Mexicans. He said basically what Streets posted, and said "we don't want them living around us". My friend then said well we're a minority too (Asians). and his uncle-in-law was like, "well you guys work and stuff, and are benefecial to country." Good stuff.
Yea, that's what most people think, but I'm willing to bet there's just as many that have negative stereotypes and preconceived notions about them outside of the neo nazi types (remind you of someone here ha ha). In the end it don't matter

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » April 18th, 2006, 3:40 pm

perongregory wrote:Haha, I just remembered I have a Japanese friend, and he was tewlling me about his white uncle-in-law, who at a family reunion got a little liquor on him and decided to go on a racist tirade about blacks and Mexicans. He said basically what Streets posted, and said "we don't want them living around us". My friend then said well we're a minority too (Asians). and his uncle-in-law was like, "well you guys work and stuff, and are benefecial to country." Good stuff.
haha, a friend of mine is samoan/white like me but the thing is his father is sort of a white supremacist (not a nazi, but just has those ideas) even though hes married to a samoan lol, one night at a party they had, he managed to get tipsy on the whisky and started ranting onto to me about his ideas which carried on for ages, unfornuatley i got stuck there listenin to him.lol its funny how alcohol can open people up and bring out the truth in people at times

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 18th, 2006, 4:32 pm

Yeah, alcohol is a mug.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 18th, 2006, 4:51 pm

People like to say that alcohol reduces inhibitions and therefore the truth comes out more. Maybe if they have a little but I don't see it that way if they have a lot. I think stupid people get drunk and on average it makes them stupider.

I saw a lot of stupidity from drunk people in my loco youth. Sometimes they ended up raging in a blacked out state (not unconsciousness) and had no recollection later of the crazy things they did and said.

Personally, I don't see how if an idiot who can't handle their liquor and chooses to get drunk anyways is blacked out and raging uncontrollably that represents their "true opinions." To me it just represents they are idiots who might need to get knocked out if they become threatening and dangerous.

Honestly, I'm glad I don't drink or go to places where people get drunk anymore and haven't for many years.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 18th, 2006, 6:08 pm

It does reduce inhibitions, but at high levels it does a lot more than that.

It also has the person doing idiotic things that aren't really "in them"

People have a lot of stupid ideas but that doesn't mean they actually believe them. For example, the classic "I'm gonna kill you" and at the time you really may believe that but about 70% or more of the time you don't kill or try to kill them, and feeling that way at the time doesn't mean that this is the "truth coming out", it's just a stupid spur of the moment.

GWUN TWO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by GWUN TWO » April 18th, 2006, 9:14 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:Asians are easily intimidated by anyone. You gotta have balls for a protest...you wave a mexican flag and you know white cops are gonna be looking at you waiting for a reason to cuff you up. You know theres gonna be tension, your gonna kick up some dust. Same thing with blacks in the civil rights era...you all might remember the dogs and the fire hoses.
Asians are too scared to protest??? Stop playing yourself. Ever heard of Tiananmen Square?

In Seoul there is a protest almost every week and they get their heads bashed in by the police and riot squad. Korea is famous for protesting and police beatings. Here is a video of some of the shit that goes on during these protests http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=kor ... 2vxaAcSuqM

Now tell me Asians are too scared to protest

GWUN TWO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by GWUN TWO » April 18th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Also don't think that Koreans protest and get fucked up like that all the time. Ive seen plenty of videos where the strikers bring axes, bats, swords, throw molotov cocktails and kick the police asses.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 18th, 2006, 10:19 pm

Man I've seen some Korean protestors throwing some molotov cocktails at police and shit, fools is crazy.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 19th, 2006, 1:39 am

Good discussion here.

streetsIswatchin, I'm assuming the Asians you mainly know are the basically "punk" ones. But look at the broader picture, we are all bringing examples here of how your generalization doesn't fit.

As for only saying that's how most Americans view Asians, possibly, but that means nothing. America used to view blacks as less than human, so does that make it true? NO, and neither are the stereotypes you listed.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » April 19th, 2006, 3:32 am

afakasi wrote:
haha, a friend of mine is samoan/white like me but the thing is his father is sort of a white supremacist (not a nazi, but just has those ideas) even though hes married to a samoan lol, one night at a party they had, he managed to get tipsy on the whisky and started ranting onto to me about his ideas which carried on for ages, unfornuatley i got stuck there listenin to him.lol its funny how alcohol can open people up and bring out the truth in people at times

WELL THE OL' SAYIN IS "A DRUNKEN MIND SPEAKS THE SOBER TRUTH".

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 19th, 2006, 5:27 am

Let me break it down about the whites....i'm not trying to say all white people are racist, but they do look down at every other race. I'm not saying they burn crosses and wear hoods, but even cool white people will have racist views. Of course all races have their racist and almost every person on earth is at least a little bit racist in some way or another...your not born with it but things that happen, experiences, your environment...they make you this way. Nothing wrong with it. But White people need to stop with the lookking down on people shit. Just cuz you make more money then then most blacks and mexicans doesnt make you a more righteous human being...it doesnt mean shit. We all die, You think God is gonna give a f u k about how many degrees you earned or how much education you got? hell no. You aint cashin no more paychecks when you die.
White people throw bones at blacks n mexicans (throw the dogg a bone)...they say this and that act like they care, but just talk to a white guy even the coolest white guy u know...in private just come out with a subject and just say some shit about another race and watch their eyes light up...and join in the bashing.
Like for instance, whites might think mexicans are dirty and live ghetto lives...you should try it sometime, you might like it. Rough times but close families and even closer friends. The lows are low but the high's are high. White people are just brought up different socially. I've had many white homies that love the mexican life, black ones AND filipinos too. It all depends if your willing to open yourself up.
Most whites aren't willing, their too narrow minded.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 19th, 2006, 5:57 am

For the asian thing... Yo EVN, i didnt say those stereotypes were true. But thats how most whites think. You think i'm being a paranoid muthaf**ka but you know what homie this is the truth. I'm from compton but i been around the block. I been to other states i also been out of the country a few times. I knew many white people...and privatley this is how they think. I've talked with alot of them about racial issues and if your a plain reasonable man and have some kind of intellegence you can only confirm this.
What i say about asians is that they never raise their voice on any issue...asians getting an education solves everything. Let me tell you that this is not true. Theres also a thing called Quality of Life. RESPECT, is high on the list of issues concerning quality of life and asians do not get any respect from whites. I do not know why asians dont address this. What do you think that mexicans and blacks are fighting for? What do you think most asians think mexicans and blacks are fighting for?? Welfare? affirmative action? they probably dont even know.
Man, we are fighting for RESPECT. We want to be looked at EQUALLY. Dont look down on us for any reason look us straight in the eye...thats what we struggle for. Asians need to step up to the plate....Asian-Americans.
GwunTwo...i know about Tiananmen Square, that was a long time coming. China and chinese needed a protest like that 30 years before it happened in 1989. Millions of chinese were starved to death during Mao's rule, because of his stupid communist plans he went ahead with. I can go on and on about china...Cannibalism on a wide scale, protests were loong overdue. Besides i'm not talking about all asians in general i'm talking about Asian-Americans. Its not the same protesting in your own country where you look like everyone else and you cant be targeted so easily. Here in the U.S. if you protest, you cant just slide back into society and blend in. I'm sure all of you saw the news and saw the backlash against mexicans and their flag waving. You think that protest is over? not by a longshot...days after the protest white people were outraged and calling up radio talk shows...talk show hosts were debating it and on a daily personal level, white people were looking at mexicans with contempt. "How dare they"...is what they must have been thinking.
What i'm saying is that protests are neccessary, even if you pay a price for them. Sometimes you have to kick up some dust if you wanna be seen and heard. Mexicans cant just let it ride and let the rest of the country think they'll take all this crap about illegal aliens nshit. No one is an alien on earth. I dont care what the stupid government says.