Student fatally shot outside Venice High School

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Student fatally shot outside Venice High School

Unread post by Christina Marie » June 5th, 2006, 7:08 pm

Student fatally shot outside L.A.'s Venice High School
ASSOCIATED PRESS

5:22 p.m. June 5, 2006

LOS ANGELES – A teenage boy was fatally shot in a Venice High School parking lot Monday, authorities said.

The boy was taken to the hospital in critical condition and later was pronounced dead, said Officer Mike Lopez, a police spokesman.

The victim was a 17-year-old junior at Venice High but no other details were available, said Susan Cox, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Unified School District.

The shooting occurred after 3 p.m., shortly after school let out, Cox said.

Police pursued a young male on foot into the Oakwood area of Venice, a few blocks from the school, and set up a perimeter while searching for him, said police Capt. Bill Williams.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/stat ... oting.html

ninoslim

Unread post by ninoslim » June 5th, 2006, 11:07 pm

A 17-year-old Venice High School student was fatally shot Monday after a fistfight between black and Latino students spilled onto the campus parking lot, police and witnesses said.

LAPD officers were searching a section of Venice's Oakwood neighborhood for the assailant in the 3:10 p.m. attack, which authorities believe was tied to a gang dispute.

Two people were briefly detained and then were released, officials said.

"It was a very chaotic situation," said Police Capt. Bill Williams, who added that the clash involved several students who scattered after the victim was shot.

Although the fight was described by witnesses as between Latinos and blacks, the gangs involved are believed to be interracial, Sgt. Lee Sands of the Los Angeles Police Department said.

Venice High, which is on the Westside, has long struggled with problems linked to several gang-plagued neighborhoods that surround the campus.

The racial tensions at Venice, although reportedly less than at other Los Angeles Unified School District campuses such as Jefferson High, nonetheless bubble up periodically, students and community members said.

"The kids that feed into this school come from a community that has active gangs, and the schools are a reflection of this," school Police Officer Jose Santome said.

Some community activists said their biggest fear was of some sort of gang retaliation for the killing.

"It's almost guaranteed," said Oscar de la Torre, a community activist who deals with race relations on the Westside.

A student, who did not want her name used for fear of retaliation, said she witnessed the fight, which began on campus just before 3 p.m. when the final period ended.

Three black students and one Latino student started fighting, drawing a larger crowd, the 17-year-oldÖ sophomore said.

The Latino was bleeding from his mouth. Then four more Latino students entered the fray, taunting the blacks to fight. But the blacks tried to walk away, the girl said. She said she heard one of the Latinos shout the name of a gang.

The dispute drifted into the faculty parking lot, where someone screamed, "One of them has a gun!" she said.

The girl said she did not hear the gun go off but saw the Latino victim, who wore a white T-shirt, lying on the ground. A female teacher raced over and cradled the boy's head, sobbing, until a security guard told her to move because an ambulance was coming, the witness said.

Police were unsure Monday evening if the student had been shot in the chest or the face. His name was not released. "We've been doing pretty good out here with violence on that level," said Stan MuhammadÖ, executive director of Venice 2000, which provides gang intervention and prevention services.

"I'm surprised to hear this happened," he said. "I feel not only for the family but for those individuals who have been organizing on-campus alternatives to gang culture. I hope this doesn't escalate."

The racial and gang overtones of the shooting raised concerns among community activists because portions of Venice have experienced deadly gang wars in the past.

"It's been calmer in recent years, but the tension is a constant," De la Torre said.

In the early 1990s, the Oakwood neighborhood was rocked by violence involving a black and a Latino gang. De la Torre said that in 1994, the area had 24 killings.

"You were talking about semiautomatic rifles going. You were talking about a 35-year-old man walking his kid to school getting shot and killed," he said.

He and others urged city officials to step up already extensive gang-intervention efforts in hopes of stemming the violence. Although two school police officers usually are on campus, six will be at Venice High today as a precaution, Santome said. "We want the kids to feel protected but not hindered," he said.

The school has an enrollment of 3,200 students.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... -headlines

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » June 6th, 2006, 12:05 am

His name was Austin. He was claiming something he wasn't.

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » June 6th, 2006, 12:07 am

I'm going up there tomorrow to see whats happenin', i live a few blocks from this school

i wonder which hoods it was..
they're saying it's an interracial gang
but the only hoods up at venice high are V13 & VSLC.
I'm hoping it wasn't those two going at it, 'cuz that'll be bad for me, i roll through their hood all the time haha

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » June 6th, 2006, 12:48 am

Dude that got shot was latino

and dude that shot him ran into the OAKWOOD PARK area..

where the shorelines are..

dude said his name was austin..what did he claim?

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » June 6th, 2006, 5:42 pm

Individual wrote:Dude that got shot was latino

and dude that shot him ran into the OAKWOOD PARK area..

where the shorelines are..

dude said his name was austin..what did he claim?
I don't know what he klaimed, I just know his name was Austin. And yeah, I peeped that too about the oakwood, ill see what the deal is, but it's extremely unlikely illl report it back here. unsolved murder n' all.

there's been a little tension between vslc & v13, but they aint poppin back and forth or nothin'. and since v13 goes to venice too and they're every where, it's not like vslc (if it was vslc) would pop 'em for claiming that. So, I'm guessing it was a caca (Culver City 13), they're beefing hard with vslc & v13

i'd put my money on him claiming that..

but this is theory.

Midnight
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Midnight » June 6th, 2006, 6:20 pm

Yeah you might be right but I also heard that the ESE had a chain that the foos wanted. That is how the fight started.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » June 6th, 2006, 6:27 pm

Video link at bottom

More Police On Hand After Teen Shot at School

VENICE, June 6, 2006 -

Extra police officers will be deployed today at Venice High School, where a 17-year-old student was fatally shot when he came to the aid of his two brothers as they fought with five males, authorities said.

Augustine Contreras of Culver City died at a hospital after being shot in the chest shortly after 3 p.m. Monday at the school in the 13000 block of Venice Boulevard.

The gunman remained at large today and was being sought, said Lt. Jon Peters of the Los Angeles Police Department's Pacific Station.

Although the violence pitted Latinos against blacks, there was no immediate confirmation that race was a factor in the shooting, which authorities described as gang-related. Some of the students at the 3,200-student campus belong to interracial gangs.

Extra police will be on hand today to supplement the two officers already assigned to the school, said Sgt. Frank Manutella of the Los Angeles School Police Department.

Contreras came to the aid of his two brothers when he saw them fighting with at least five males, one of whom shot the 17-year-old with a handgun, police said.

Carmen Vargas, Contreras' cousin, told ABC7 that the victim approached the the group when he saw someone trying to steal jewelry from one of his younger brothers.

"From what I know it was a chain they wanted from my younger cousin, who is (Contreras') younger brother, and he wanted to save him from getting hurt," Vargas told the station.

Police established a perimeter in the nearby Oakwood area after the shooting and detained a man, but witnesses did not identify him as the gunman. The man, however, was booked on suspicion of an unrelated offense, Peters said.

Police said the gunman, who ran away after the shooting, does not appear to be a Venice High student. He was described as someone in his late teens wearing a gray sweatshirt, jeans and a red hat, Lopez said.

"The kids that feed into this school come from a community that has active gangs, and the schools are a reflection of this," school police Officer Jose Santome told The Times.

He said that although two school police officers are normally at the school, six will be there today. Grief counselors were also expected on campus.

In recent years, unrest has abated somewhat in Oakwood, which was wracked by gang violence in the early 1990s.

The 40-square-block Oakwood neighborhood, which also lies a short distance from the famous Venice boardwalk, is known for gang violence. The gentrification of Venice has included Oakwood, but the neighborhood's income levels are still low, said Lopez.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?secti ... id=4240388

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » June 6th, 2006, 7:44 pm

thank you for continuing to follow up on this christina

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » June 6th, 2006, 11:22 pm

P0rk wrote:thank you for continuing to follow up on this christina
YW.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » June 7th, 2006, 2:45 am

A little more info

Wednesday, June 7, 2006
LAPD: Calif. School Shooting Gang-Related

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES— A 17-year-old fatally shot in his high school's parking lot was killed in a fight for his brother's diamond necklace, his family said.

The gunman, who police believe belongs to a gang, remained at large.

Agustin Contreras, a junior at Venice High School, died shortly after school let out Monday afternoon. Police said Contreras had gone to the aid of two brothers, who were fighting with at least five young men.

The teen's 16-year-old brother, Alejo Contreras, said Tuesday two young men approached and told him to hand over the diamond-studded cross around his neck. One of them grabbed for the chain and yelled out the name of a local gang, Alejo Contreras said. In the scuffle, Agustin Contreras was shot in the upper torso and the group fled on foot, police said.

Worried about retaliatory attacks, police and community leaders called for calm and organized community meetings. Some activists said the killing could cause an escalation in tensions as Hispanic gangs seek payback. Police said the assailants were black, while the victim was Hispanic.

"There are all-black gangs, there are Latino gangs that have black gang members," said Oscar de la Torre, founder of the Pico Youth and Family Center, a facility for at-risk youths. "Still, that doesn't keep them from retaliating. It's gang related, it's race related. There's a lot of layers to it."

In the early 1990s, several killings in the Oakwood neighborhood were connected to violence between black and Hispanic gangs.

"The kids that feed into this school come from a community that has active gangs, and the schools are a reflection of this," school Officer Jose Santome said.

http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... /606070624

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » June 7th, 2006, 10:31 am

Back when they was going at it in the 90's the Shoerlines was serving V13's....CxC & SM13 had to get involved to help V13.....

VSL's are riders, have to be ranked in the top 10 active hoodz in all of LA. V13's do not want that beef again.

I talked with a dude from V13 who told me Police started that beef back in the day by crossing out VSL and putting up V13.

Crazzy.....

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » June 7th, 2006, 11:32 am

^ yeah i remember that war...my family lived over there and i had fam from V13.....i couldnt even go visit them because it was so crazy back then...it seems now that this recent incident might involve CXC and VSL, but i cant say for certain...i've been hearin some different things from my fam about whats goin on over there right now....hopefully it doesnt turn into what was goin on back in the 90's.

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » June 7th, 2006, 12:25 pm

well if that did happen again, i highly double caca's will step in this time and start helping V13 with the way them two have been going at it the past few years..

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 7th, 2006, 3:52 pm

wtf they shot him right in the middle of the parking lot right after school in broad daylight... sofa king messed up...

"well if it did happen again" I hope it doesn't...

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » June 7th, 2006, 4:11 pm

well if that did happen again, i highly double caca's will step in this time and start helping V13 with the way them two have been going at it the past few years..

yeah i think your right about that....Venice & Culver City hate each other and i dont see any kind of alliance goin on the way it did back in the 90's...I remember when i was younger and stuff went down at Venice High...they even closed off that street behind the school, Zanja St., during school hours because there was shootings over there.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » June 7th, 2006, 8:57 pm

Young Nile wrote:

I talked with a dude from V13 who told me Police started that beef back in the day by crossing out VSL and putting up V13.
Kind of reminds me of.....

viewtopic.php?t=13800

But many people dont think this exist, or too blind to see the hidden hand thats keeping alot of this bs going in these streets...

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » June 7th, 2006, 11:08 pm

Real shit X.........

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » June 8th, 2006, 12:27 am

kid was claiming caca's, his dad's from V13s though
so i really think some shit's about to pop off..

Christina Marie

Slain Student's Parents Accuse School of Lapses

Unread post by Christina Marie » June 8th, 2006, 2:12 am

Slain Student's Parents Accuse School of Lapses
By Arin Gencer, Times Staff Writer
June 8, 2006

As police continued searching for the killer of a Venice High student, the victim's parents said Wednesday that the school ignored a warning of potential gang violence, putting the campus in danger.

"The school knew very well that this was going to happen," said Monica Cabrera, mother of 17-year-old Agustin Contreras, in Spanish. "And they didn't do anything."

Luis Carrillo, the family's lawyer, said Cabrera was referring to statements made by another parent, who reportedly told a Venice assistant principal of gang threats to retaliate against her own child about two weeks ago. But the high school didn't appear to respond to her fears or increase campus security as a precaution, Carrillo added.

That alleged lapse, coupled with concern about how the school had portrayed the shooting, was the focus of the family's news conference two days after Agustin was killed. Standing in front of the school, Cabrera was flanked by her sister and husband, who initially stood off to the side, unable to hold back sobs.

Carrillo said he had just met the other mother and her child Wednesday morning, but he declined to reveal their names for their safety.

Los Angeles Unified School District officials said this was the first they had heard of the woman's concerns. "The principal has asked all of her assistant principals to compile and review all of their recent student referrals to see if they have any kind of claim like that," said Susan Cox, a district spokeswoman.

The Contreras family also said that a school letter explaining the shooting to parents maligned their son's character. The letter described the incident as "gang related," but failed to distinguish between Agustin, a football player with no gang affiliation, and his killer, Carrillo said.

"They're defaming their son's memory," Carrillo said of school officials. He said Venice High should distribute another letter clarifying the matter.

School police officers were visible throughout the campus Wednesday afternoon, with six officers in front on motorcycles and six more who joined the two who are usually stationed at the school, said Sgt. Danny Stevens.

Cox said the extra security would probably remain for the rest of the week, especially because the shooter was still at large.

Councilman Bill Rosendahl proposed a $50,000 reward for the capture of Agustin's killer and a strategy for averting further violence on campus.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/state ... news-state

Christina Marie

Shooting Reveals Venice Tensions

Unread post by Christina Marie » June 9th, 2006, 3:47 pm

From the Los Angeles Times

Shooting Reveals Venice Tensions

By Martha Groves and Lisa Richardson, Times Staff Writers

June 9, 2006

In the Oakwood section of Venice, two worlds tensely coexist.

One is characterized by stylish glass-and-wood houses with lush gardens that grace the pages of Architectural Digest and Dwell.

The other is marked by small run-down apartment buildings and neglected bungalows with overgrown yards.

On avenues like Indiana, Brooks and Westminster, celebrities such as Dennis Hopper own homes alongside descendants of working-class African Americans who came from the South in the 1920s to find jobs and immigrant Latino families struggling against grinding poverty.

At one edge of the neighborhood runs Abbot Kinney Boulevard, lined with trendy eateries, upscale shops and galleries. Just blocks to the east, police say, Latino and African American gang members deal drugs to customers in BMWs.

In the early 1990s, this enclave was the scene of some of the worst gang violence in Los Angeles history, with nearly two dozen people killed and scores more wounded in battles between black and Latino gang members.

The violence has declined in the last decade, and Venice's hip factor has risen.

The gentrification that began three decades ago around Venice's famous canals has pushed inland into the Oakwood area, as urban professionals and Hollywood types sought that perfect Craftsman to restore or the ideal lot on which to build a designer home.

Monday's shooting death of Agustin Contreras, 17, at Venice High School has brought residents' simmering fears and resentments over this gentrification spewing to the surface.

The next evening, more than 100 residents attended a community forum that had been called to discuss racial tensions in the neighborhood.

The scene soon deteriorated into invective, with blacks alleging that police officers unfairly target them and that whites fear them. Whites in the audience retorted that it was black people who hated them.

Several African American residents angrily berated the community's well-heeled newcomers for desiring the community's beachfront culture while hunkering down in mammoth houses ringed by high security fences.

"Why do they have these fences?" said Stan Muhammad, director of Venice 2000, a gang intervention group. "Is it because of gang violence? No. Is it because of drugs? No, it's not." It is, he said, because of the fear born of guilt.

Although most participants were inclined to view the shooting as a tragic but isolated incident, they said it sharpened their focus on broader problems — notably a lack of jobs for young men of color and a broken relationship with police, conditions that have given rise to angry and aimless young men who get into trouble.

The shooting occurred at a time when tensions between low-income and high-income residents already were becoming an issue. In fact, the community forum had been called well before Contreras' slaying to address concerns about an inflammatory letter that was distributed in the neighborhood and published last month in a local community newsletter. The letter complained about black "drug dealers, pimps and riff raff" who "never work and always leave the park just like the pig's sty they live in."

At the forum, there was much heated discussion about who wrote the letter. The conversation eventually dissolved into a shouting match.

"This community's problem is all the black people hate the white people!" shouted Wendy Lowe, who is white, after a black woman asserted that Lowe was the letter's author (something Lowe strongly denied).

The meeting reflected the dissension that goes along with Venice's vaunted vitality and diversity, which are particularly evident in the Oakwood area, a roughly one-square-mile area bounded by California Avenue, Lincoln Boulevard, Rose Avenue and Abbot Kinney Boulevard.

Abbot Kinney, an eccentric developer who a century ago dreamed of re-creating Venice, Italy, on the beach, complete with canals and gondoliers, set aside the Oakwood neighborhood for working-class blacks. For a time, "it was the only place that African Americans, Asians and Latinos could live," said Jack V. Hoffmann, a Venice aficionado and real estate broker with Venice Properties.

"It was always the most diverse area and had artistic people and writers and painters and just a lot of cultural and social and community life," added Steve Clare, executive director of the Venice Community Housing Corp., which provides housing for low-income individuals and operates youth development programs. "Venice has been a terrific place to live. What makes it so terrific is this diversity. Very few communities have this economic diversity, which is always enriching."

For decades, this diversity has lured artsy types to the district. In 1970, Yoko Ono and John Lennon participated in primal scream therapy sessions in the neighborhood. In the early 1980s, "Easy Rider" Dennis Hopper was one of the first major celebrities to put down roots in the beachside enclave, buying a loft-style building designed by Frank Gehry and Brian Murphy. He lives there with his wife, actress Victoria Duffy, and their 3-year-old daughter, Galen.

In 2002, Julia Roberts made perhaps the biggest celebrity splash the usually hard-to-impress Venetians had seen. She and her husband, Danny Moder, bought a two-story, $1.3-million home and a lot next door for a pool and cabana on a coveted walk street (just south of the Oakwood section) with tidy Craftsman-style bungalows just off the commercial corridor of Lincoln Boulevard.

For a time, "Julia" sightings elevated heart rates and set tongues to wagging. Roberts and Moder, parents of young twins, are now building a compound in Malibu.

Anjelica Huston and her husband, sculptor Robert Graham, live near the beach. Graham is building an immense studio nearby. Other star-power residents include director Antoine Fuqua, actors Fred Ward, Camryn Manheim and Ron Rifkin, and artist Chuck Arnoldi.

Lauren Hutton recently bought a place for $1.6 million at the edge of the Oakwood area.

That is a far cry from the Venice that greeted Clare on his arrival in 1968, when oil wells dotted the peninsula and the beach, Santa Monica Bay was heavily polluted and biker gangs roared through on a regular basis.

At that time, a small bungalow on a canal could be had for $2,000. Now a buyer in that high-end zone would be lucky to find a residence for less than $1 million; many cost $2.5 million and up.

To people of color, in particular, the disparity has been a source of bitterness and anger. For them, Venice remains a hotbed of economic disenfranchisement, where they are squeezed out of the job market.

Michael Hunt, who grew up in the neighborhood, returned recently after having moved away. The 43-year-old black man found that the neighborhood where his father has long owned a home was no longer a familiar place.

Whatever the neighborhood's problems years ago, he said, it was a community where people struggled together. Now its architectural mishmash — hulking designer mini-mansions mixed with far more modest California bungalows and Spanish Colonial homes original to the area — is symbolic of its fractured unity, he said.

The newcomers "are moving in and building those crazy-looking houses and cleaning up other houses," said Dot Green, who is white and has lived in the area since 1944, in a house that she and her late husband bought from their landlord for $7,000. "It cleans up the neighborhood. But a lot of old-timers are gone."

Jataun Valentine, 69, a black woman whose family has lived in the Oakwood section for 91 years, said she and other old-timers have struggled with the changes. "Now you have a lot of new people coming in who don't get to know their neighbors," said Valentine, who lives in a 78-year-old house built by her grandfather.

LAPD detectives are searching for the gunman in the Venice High shooting. They say that a black teen — possibly an Oakwood gang member — shot Contreras after he came to the aid of his younger brother, who was involved in a fight with some teens attempting to yank off his cross necklace.

The Oakwood remains the heart of Venice's lucrative drug trade, which is controlled by the Venice Shoreline Crips, an African American gang, and the Venice 13 Latino gang.

But police stress that gang violence has dramatically diminished from a decade ago.

"Gang crime has been dropping," said Capt. Bill Williams, who heads the Pacific Division. "And I just don't want anything to spark it to get it back up."

http://ktla.trb.com/ktla-venice2,0,6079 ... tla-home-3

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 9th, 2006, 9:44 pm

At the end of the school year too, shame

THATDONFC

shits hectic

Unread post by THATDONFC » January 13th, 2007, 5:47 pm

I was there. I watched the whole thing happen. The sho lines were jacking the kids little brother, he told them to stop and they pulled out a gun. when he ran away the fool from sho line shot him in the back. They ran from the kid on the floor jumped over the parkinglot fence and jumped on the 333 up venice...

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by curiousdude06 » January 13th, 2007, 6:32 pm

Strange article.

The headline and the location, Venice, led me to believe they were going to discuss racial tensions between blacks and latinos. Instead, it's a discussion about racial tensions between blacks and.......whites?

While that is something worth discussing, how is the shooting of a latino student by a black gang member, potentially a racial incident, related to tensions between blacks and whites?

DK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DK » January 16th, 2007, 6:23 pm

curiousdude06 wrote:Strange article.

The headline and the location, Venice, led me to believe they were going to discuss racial tensions between blacks and latinos. Instead, it's a discussion about racial tensions between blacks and.......whites?

While that is something worth discussing, how is the shooting of a latino student by a black gang member, potentially a racial incident, related to tensions between blacks and whites?
Beacause incidents like these give whites ammunition to justify throwing us out of the Westside(Santa Monica, Venice, Culver City, etc.) They point to this and say all we do is kill each other and bring a bad element to the neighborhoods. In Santa Monica where I spent my teenage years, our culture is being erased and the majority of the city likes to pretend we don't even exist. One thing they fail to see is that we've populated these areas for close to 50-60 years, long before they ever got here. I know many Blacks and Latinos in SM who have lived in the area for generations. They have family roots in the neighborhood from 60 years ago, way before these people showed up with their condos and all that crap spitting BS about how "it's a privilage to live by the sea and you should have to pay for it, if you can't afford it than get out." While we're out killing each other, they're waving the flag saying we don't deserve to live here because we're a negative element.

I'm sure we all know about the corruption that lies deep within the LAPD, but believe me when I say the racism and corruption within the Santa Monica Police Department is even more insidious because they're not under the scrutiny that the LAPD is and most people don't pay any attention to Santa Monica. The community effectively has them acting as their soldiers to remove us from the city.

DK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DK » January 16th, 2007, 6:27 pm

'X' wrote:
Young Nile wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=13800

But many people dont think this exist, or too blind to see the hidden hand thats keeping alot of this bs going in these streets...
This is exactly right. Back when the SM/Culver City war sparked off around 1998, the SMPD tried their damn hardest to disrupt the peace talks that started taking place between the two.

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by curiousdude06 » January 16th, 2007, 7:25 pm

DK wrote:
'X' wrote:
Young Nile wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=13800

This is exactly right. Back when the SM/Culver City war sparked off around 1998, the SMPD tried their damn hardest to disrupt the peace talks that started taking place between the two.

That's some messed up garbage, I wouldn't deny dirty cops doing that. I hope the warring factions can rise above the mess, the only losers are themselves.

lexmark6364
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by lexmark6364 » February 10th, 2007, 9:47 am

does v13 stay in oakwood too

lexmark6364
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by lexmark6364 » February 10th, 2007, 9:47 am

does v13 stay in oakwood too

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » February 10th, 2007, 10:21 am

yeah V13 is in Oakwood too

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » February 10th, 2007, 12:14 pm

I think they also used to be around there by Venice High too...Im not sure about now...police are always patrollin the neighborhood.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » February 10th, 2007, 2:47 pm

'X' wrote:
Young Nile wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=13800

What the police do, at least the ones who aren't on the up and up and do the instigating you speak of, is play on the hatred that's already there, and throw fuel on the fire.

As far as LE starting gang violence, at it's inception, you have to look higher, more toward the CIA and the FBI, and perhaps some private interests, like the prison developers. The LAPD isn't smart enough to pull it off. At the end of the day, they're pawns just like the gangsters are. This conspiracy would break them down to nothing more than an additional gang, out there trying to stop the violence and drug dealing not knowing that it's really coming from the highest levels of society, and eventually descending into gangster style tactics themselves to achieve their quotas. They're being played, too.