Crenshaw Mafia Gang member sentenced to death

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Crenshaw Mafia Gang member sentenced to death

Unread post by alexalonso » January 15th, 2006, 4:39 am

Did any one hear about Craigen Armstrong who killed three brothers back in 2001. He was sentenced to death in 2005. ALso in court when the judge sentenced him and the mother of the three sons spoke, he told the mother "F You" and said, "I am content and I can sleep at night." This guy was one of those predator type gang members. Read more below.

--------

Craigen Armstrong – black, age 19

Sentenced to death in Los Angles County, California

By: A jury

Date of crime: 9/27/2001 and 9/30/2001

Prosecution’s case/defense response: Christopher Florence was driving when Armstrong mistook him for a rival gang member and shot him. Three days after killing Christopher Florence, Armstrong arranged a meeting with Christopher Florence’s brothers under the pretense of giving them information about their brother’s murder. Three of Christopher Florence’s brothers and a friend went to meet Armstrong. Armstrong opened fire on their car and killed Torry Florence and Michael Florence. Brian Florence and Floyd Watson survived the attack and identified Armstrong as the shooter. The prosecution’s evidence included the gun used in the drive-by shooting and the sweatshirt Armstrong was wearing that had gun residue on it. The defense denied Armstrong killed Christopher Florence but admitted he shot Torry Florence and Michael Florence. Armstrong argued the drive-by shooting was in self-defense because the brothers had come looking for him to get revenge. The jury found special circumstances of multiple murders, murder during a drive-by shooting, and murder carried out to further the activities of a criminal street gang.

Prosecutor(s): Sean Hassett
Defense lawyer(s): Franklin Peters Jr.

No Closure

An article in the Los Angeles Times caught my eye this morning (“Trial's End Won't Be a Salve for Their Pain,” December 7, 2004) and although I don’t normally write a commentary about one specific newspaper story, I’ll make an exception. This is a tragedy to beat all tragedies. It is a story about how a woman in Inglewood lost three sons in a matter of days.

It is a story that is not all that uncommon inside the black ghettoes of America. In this case it occurred in the southern part of Los Angeles, in Inglewood, in an area plagued by gang violence during the past several decades. This part of LA is also part of a somewhat larger terrain known as “South Central.” Police estimate that there are several dozen gangs and hundreds of gang members, although the terms “gang” and “gang member” often defy precise definitions. Gang-related homicides have been on the rise in this area for the past several years, as we noted in our book about the subject (Youth Gangs in American Society). In this book we also noted that homicides committed by gang members are more likely to be committed on the streets, with the use of guns, with a greater number of participants, to involve victims with no prior contact with their assailants and where both the suspects and the victims are considerably younger. None of the three brothers who were killed had anything to do with gangs and had no prior record. Apparently they were innocent victims of battle over “turf” and mistaken identities.

This case began when 21-year-old Christopher Florence, who worked as a receiving clerk at Neiman Marcus, went out on a date and made a wrong turn down a one-way street. As the Times story notes, “A man at the end of the block, mistaking him for a rival gang member, aimed a 9-millimeter handgun at him and pulled the trigger.”

Then two nights later, a woman names Nicole called and said she had information about the killing. Two of the victim’s brothers arranged a meeting, and even though the police warned them to let them handle it, they went anyway. They went for a meeting in an area in Inglewood apparently controlled by a gang known as the “Crenshaw Mafia.” As they were driving toward the meeting, a car drove by and a man leaned out the window and fired a 9-millimeter handgun six times, killing the two brothers.

The trial of Inglewood gang member Craigen Armstrong has come to an end and he is soon to be sentenced to death for the killings of all three brothers. However, for the mother and her one surviving son, the end of this trial will not bring any closure. “There is no pill, no therapy, nothing anybody can say or do to make us feel better,” Mrs. Florence said.

The family of the slain brothers was close. They took care of one another as best they could after the father died from multiple sclerosis a few years before. All the brothers except one (who was in high school) worked full-time, something that is a bit unusual in South Central, as so many families have been torn apart by a changing labor market.

According to police, about 40% of the 81 homicides that have occurred in Inglewood during the last three years have yet to be solved. The toughest cases to solve are gang killings, which constitute about half of all the homicides in this city. The problem is getting people to testify and also the problem of trying to get good eye-witnesses. After all, when shots are being fired (an all-too-common occurrence in some neighborhoods) what are most people doing, other than ducking or running for cover. Only the brave (or stupid) are going to stand around and take notes!

In this case, the perpetrator had been involved in an argument at a nearby 7-Eleven store just before the shootings. Police showed his photograph to two men who were with the two brothers that had been gunned down while driving toward the meeting. Police eventually found the murder weapon in a car registered to the offender's stepfather. They also found a sweatshirt with gun residue in his house. Even this was not enough and it took testimony from the offender’s ex-girlfriend to seal the case.

During the trial the defendant claimed he was shooting in self-defense, as he thought a rival gang member was heading his way. The jurors did not believe him, but it is a common explanation in gang territories, where rival gangs are not unlike rival nations, such as the Palestinians and Israelis.

After the trial ended the mother said “We wanted justice, and we got it.” The offender “didn't only kill my three sons,” she said. “He killed Brian [her only surviving son] and me too.”

Another tale that is all too common in the nation’s inner-cities. There is no closure and another gang member will spend the remainder of his life in prison, in this case on death row. However, like baseball’s “farm system,” another “player” in this deadly game of gang rivalry will take his place. Soon another family will be shattered. They too will get no closure.

FLUID
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FLUID » January 15th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Fucked Up Case. Is that Lil Hawk?

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Crenshaw Mafia Gang member sentenced to death

Unread post by Common Sense » January 16th, 2006, 1:42 am

alonso wrote:Did any one hear about Craigen Armstrong who killed three brothers back in 2001.
Yea...I posted his story last year on "Another Idiot Donates His Soul To The State Of Kali-forn-ya."

Working for Arnold for penny's on the dollar.

viewtopic.php?t=4633&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

kg_loco1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kg_loco1 » January 17th, 2006, 10:33 am

that artical is deep

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 17th, 2006, 9:45 pm

ain't that the truth.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » January 19th, 2006, 10:12 pm

Craigen Armstrong is supposed to be from "Inglewood Pimpin' Gangster Bloods" (IPG),,I've never heard of that, but I guess they hang with IFG and CMG..

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 19th, 2006, 10:36 pm

I wonder if he still sleeps good at night?

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » January 21st, 2006, 1:40 am

Anyone have the scoop on IPG??????????

Ace2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Ace2 » January 21st, 2006, 12:43 pm

[quote="stamps"] Pimpin' Gangster Bloods" (IPG),, :shock: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » January 23rd, 2006, 3:58 am

:shock:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 24th, 2006, 5:48 pm

stamps wrote:Craigen Armstrong is supposed to be from "Inglewood Pimpin' Gangster Bloods" (IPG),,I've never heard of that, but I guess they hang with IFG and CMG..
This thread ays CMG, but I heard about the "Pimpin' Gangseter bloods" thing with craig, they said it was a IFG thing, but this was coming from a news article

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » January 24th, 2006, 6:24 pm

Ace2 wrote:
stamps wrote: Pimpin' Gangster Bloods" (IPG),, :shock: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
?????????????????

classicc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by classicc » January 26th, 2006, 9:05 pm

so does anyone know what gang he thought they were supposedly from. since he shot a non gang member

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » January 27th, 2006, 6:10 am

well ...i don't know shit about ing ....but my 2 cents would be ..its may be a click of cmg but never heard of that clicc... but they had clicc with wierd name in the p[ast like weirdoz ..i know from people in the game that some of their big dogs are pimpin' hard so... is it a best off ing pimp mix like car club a pimp club ???but the pj the bottom, darby dixon or sum like that ... was cmg hood ...now i dont think cmg would let another set inside their pj so i would think of a clic...but that aint my field i can only guess..lol

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » June 6th, 2006, 9:50 pm

IPG are the cub scouts for CMG.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 6th, 2006, 10:27 pm

anyone notice most of the time a non-banger gets hit?

I liked the Carlos Mencia thing with "drive-by boot camp" haha

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » June 6th, 2006, 11:53 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:anyone notice most of the time a non-banger gets hit?

or maybe those are the only ones we see on the news..

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Mission TX

Unread post by chupon106 » June 24th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Burgundy wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:anyone notice most of the time a non-banger gets hit?

or maybe those are the only ones we see on the news..
i agree. gang members kill gang members alot more than they do non bangers

rustone
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by rustone » January 16th, 2007, 1:32 pm

IPG???????????<<<<<<grew up inglewood NEVER HEARD OFF IT

actually now that i think off it a girl said it when i was in high school last year i think it was more INGLEWOOD PIRU GANG aka baby aves with the YPz
not CMG lolz
CMG subsets =YTA young thugs in actioon

<<<<<<<<dad lives in inglewood

Stone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Bernardino

Unread post by Stone » February 16th, 2007, 10:16 pm

Common Sense wrote:
alonso wrote:Did any one hear about Craigen Armstrong who killed three brothers back in 2001.
Yea...I posted his story last year on "Another Idiot Donates His Soul To The State Of Kali-forn-ya."

Working for Arnold for penny's on the dollar.

viewtopic.php?t=4633&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
My relative who was locked up at the time told me he was in there with him(before he was sentenced). Word is that they were all from Legend Crip.

THE JAMEL WEEKS STORY
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Connecticut
What city do you live in now?: 22nd St

Unread post by THE JAMEL WEEKS STORY » September 25th, 2007, 7:00 am

B BRAZY AND LIL HAWK ONE OF MY FAVORITES OF DEM BLOOD AND CRIP ALBUMS. LIFE IS LIFE THE WORLD AINT SUPPPOSED TO BE PERFECT SO ILL JUST SAY LESS VIOLENCE YALL.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 3rd, 2007, 5:23 pm

Quess who's looking for a friend?

ALIVE
Voices From Inside

Craigen Armstrong

Hi, my name is Jay (nickname) Armstrong. I’m looking for that special friend and hope you’re the one that can bring some happiness back into my life, which is very rare on the inside world.

I am from Los Angeles, California and just arrived here on San Quentin Death Row. I have one child, a 5 year old son who I love and miss so much. I am a very open minded person and non-judgemental.

I like Gospel and R & B-music. I love to play chess and work out. I’m also a Christian and the Lord is my love.

I welcome men and women of all ages. I hope that you will be that special friend to shine some of your light on me. We can talk about everything but not my case because of my appeal process.

Thank you for your time, I’m so grateful for that.

pic
http://www.todesstrafe-usa.de/death_pen ... rong_c.htm

mrfigueroa111st
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by mrfigueroa111st » June 4th, 2009, 6:05 pm

the homie was from CMG and not any other click...
his hood name is juvie..its just a fucked up situation for both parties

heres a photo of wat he looks like