MS 13

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

yanomas
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

MS 13

Unread post by yanomas » September 16th, 2006, 2:39 pm

My stomach is turning right now. I just clicked on my little cousin's myspace and he has 13 in front of his name and after.

We've been working with him trying to keep him out of trouble but it's hard when it's all around and is so enticing. We know he hangs with some shady characters, but this is new and i know MS is in the area.

I'm familiar with the crips and bloods, but how do i recognize MS 13? Do they have specific colors? or is it all about the number 13?

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm

13 just means the gang has origins in LA. Also 13 means that the gang pays "taxes" to the Mexican Mafia in order to operate in LA without any problems in jail or prison.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 16th, 2006, 4:46 pm

MS 13 is a bunch of low class Mexicans, there parents had too many fuckin children and can no longer keep track of there kids, nor financially support them, so they join gangs such as ms 13.. Have you ever seen an ms13 member, they look like the same niggas who mow my grass... most of them don't even have that "Gang bang" persona. Nigga no way. 80% of them niggas don't even speak English... That is the reason there are fuckin 15,000 or 20,000 of these members, they recruit at age negative 7... Some Mexican families breed like fuckin animals... So there it is. The cycle continues, ms13 will continue to grow rapidly... Lest the feds intervene. In which they already have... And with the new act written in the patriot act, Street gangs can be considered domestic terrorists, meaning the govt can do whatever the fuck they want with the gangs.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 16th, 2006, 4:49 pm

Oh shit cuzz I must be tripin, I thought this thread was on ms 13...

Yeah 13 is southside, blue rag wannabe crippin type shit... Don't even stress it. Its a trend now days in high school, wearin a blue rag and some slide on locs, livin a life they know nothing about. That shit is common now days... I wouldn't even worry about it.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 16th, 2006, 6:23 pm

BlaKK wrote:Oh shit cuzz I must be tripin, I thought this thread was on ms 13...

Yeah 13 is southside, blue rag wannabe crippin type shit... Don't even stress it. Its a trend now days in high school, wearin a blue rag and some slide on locs, livin a life they know nothing about. That shit is common now days... I wouldn't even worry about it.
Southsiders wear using a blue rag before there was such a thing as Crips.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 16th, 2006, 6:30 pm

I know this.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » September 17th, 2006, 12:51 am

BlaKK wrote:MS 13 is a bunch of low class Mexicans, there parents had too many fuckin children and can no longer keep track of there kids, nor financially support them, so they join gangs such as ms 13.. Have you ever seen an ms13 member, they look like the same niggas who mow my grass... most of them don't even have that "Gang bang" persona. Nigga no way. 80% of them niggas don't even speak English... That is the reason there are fuckin 15,000 or 20,000 of these members, they recruit at age negative 7... Some Mexican families breed like fuckin animals... So there it is. The cycle continues, ms13 will continue to grow rapidly... Lest the feds intervene. In which they already have... And with the new act written in the patriot act, Street gangs can be considered domestic terrorists, meaning the govt can do whatever the fu-- they want with the gangs.
This is straight up ignorance....MS was never a Mexican Gang.....but I guess to people like you, all people who speak spanish are Mexican huh.....Now I know why I don't come on this site much anymore..

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 17th, 2006, 10:30 pm

I meant to say latin, Oh well nigga. Ignorance? Quote that shit.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » September 18th, 2006, 2:47 am

It goes something like this....Back in the 80's under the Raygun administration, the American Government waged a dirty war against left wing groups in Central America, backing the right wing land owners and rulers as they tried to smash the revolutionary movements of the freedom fighters - from El Salvador to Nicaragua to Hondouras. As part of the fall out of that dirty war, there were many refugees who went to the states- many to LA. On arriving in LA, Salvadorian youth found that they had to defend themselves from local Mexican youth, who were already very established in gang culture i.e. 18th Street. So older Salvadorian veterans who had fought in the geurilla war in El Salvador began a gang to counter the threat of groups such as 18th St - and Mara Salvatrucha 13 was born. Mara meaning gang and Salva - of Salvadorean origin and trucha...fill me in, can't remember!
MAny many of these MS13 members were deported back to El Salvador for crimes committed in the states and took MS13 back with them. Their rivals in El Salvador are M18, derivative of 18th St. Out there kids shoot on sight if a kid is wearing the opposing number (13 or 18). Its full on third world out there - beheadings, police death squads and barrio kids covering their faces in gang tatoos. Its a fuccin tragedy. And Raygun is to blame.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » September 19th, 2006, 10:29 am

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
BlaKK wrote:Oh shit cuzz I must be tripin, I thought this thread was on ms 13...

*No they weren't. Back in the day, the southsiders use to wear earth tone colors, such as brown, tan, beige, black, green, or white. All this being deluged in the blue, that southsiders are doing nowadays, is an influence they received from crip gang culture.

Especially with wearing the bandannas over their faces...

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » September 19th, 2006, 10:33 am

TheReal wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:

*No they weren't. Back in the day, the southsiders use to wear earth tone colors, such as brown, tan, beige, black, green, or white. All this being deluged in the blue, that southsiders are doing nowadays, is an influence they received from crip gang culture.

*Let me be more specific:

Back in the day, I've seen some southsiders sport the blue rag, BUT THAT WAS IT! They didn't adorn themselves with blue clothing, neither did they emphasize as hard, the use of the blue rag as a banner, similar to what southsiders today are doing, who grew up watching gangsta rap videos, highlighting black gang culture during the 90's.

Southsiders nowadays, get much of their style, music (sureno rap, which is basically repackaged black gangsta rap, with ese cultural flourishes) and soul, and cultural paradigms, from black gang culture (especially crip culture), of the early to mid 90's...

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 19th, 2006, 10:52 am

TheReal wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. So Cal Mexican gangsters/Mexican Mafia started sporting blue in the 60's in prison, and No Cal Mexican gangsters sterated wearing red because ovbiously they had to differentiate themselves.

And as far as Sur wearing more blue in the 90's, that's obvious because that's when the Mexican Mafia really started enforcing their taxing ON ALL So Cal Mexican gangs. You either were with them or against them. Just ask Maravilla.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » September 19th, 2006, 12:28 pm

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. So Cal Mexican gangsters/Mexican Mafia started sporting blue in the 60's in prison, and No Cal Mexican gangsters sterated wearing red because ovbiously they had to differentiate themselves.

*Man, I don't know how old you are, but it is obvious you get your history on the sporting of blue, and on how gangs use to be, back in the day (and I'm going all the way back to the 70's, can you?) from legends, myths, and what you've read on the internet.

Mexican Mafia mofos may have sported the blue rag, but they didn't do so as heavily as the crips did, until the late 90's. Back in the day, as I said earlier, southsiders on the STREETS (fuck a Mexican Mafia on lockdown) would wear brown, beige, tan, white, green, black, and other earth tone colors, and if anything, they carried a blue rag: BUT THEY WEREN'T DRENCHED IN BLUE CLOTHING!!! That was a crip thing-A BLACK THING!!

So in the end, it is you, WHO TRULY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!

-And as far as Sur wearing more blue in the 90's, that's obvious because that's when the Mexican Mafia really started enforcing their taxing ON ALL So Cal Mexican gangs. You either were with them or against them. Just ask Maravilla.

*That's BS revisionist history. In the 90's, eses began to mimic more, black L.A gangsta culture: the culture they saw in music videos, back in the day, to where right now, the average ese southsider is talking black (with some calo words thrown in there, to make them have some cultural relevance), dress black, walk black, utilize black manners and gestures, and listen to, but especially perform black styles of music-ESPECIALLY RAP MUSIC!

Trust me, I've heard your arguments before, and they don't impress...

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 19th, 2006, 6:10 pm

TheReal wrote:*Man, I don't know how old you are, but it is obvious you get your history on the sporting of blue, and on how gangs use to be, back in the day (and I'm going all the way back to the 70's, can you?) from legends, myths, and what you've read on the internet.

Mexican Mafia mofos may have sported the blue rag, but they didn't do so as heavily as the crips did, until the late 90's. Back in the day, as I said earlier, southsiders on the STREETS (fu-- a Mexican Mafia on lockdown) would wear brown, beige, tan, white, green, black, and other earth tone colors, and if anything, they carried a blue rag: BUT THEY WEREN'T DRENCHED IN BLUE CLOTHING!!! That was a crip thing-A BLACK THING!!

So in the end, it is you, WHO TRULY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!
No you're wrong. I remember in the 80's, 13 and sporting blue wasn't that popular until the 90's. Llike I said before La Eme started trying to tax everyone including the Asians, and that's when Sur really became more prominent. And who cares if they didn't sport the blue rag as often as Crips? It's not like they had to represent Sur prior to 90's because of the HUGE number of Northsiders in LA. :roll:
TheReal wrote:*
*That's BS revisionist history. In the 90's, eses began to mimic more, black L.A gangsta culture: the culture they saw in music videos, back in the day, to where right now, the average ese southsider is talking black (with some calo words thrown in there, to make them have some cultural relevance), dress black, walk black, utilize black manners and gestures, and listen to, but especially perform black styles of music-ESPECIALLY RAP MUSIC!

LOL

Your dreaming...The average Southsider doesn't act black. There is a reason why they constanly make fun of Northsiders for doing the things you claim they do.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 19th, 2006, 7:13 pm

just because you don't rock cornrows and say nigga (which a lotta south LA eses actually say) doesn't mean you aren't acting black. Southsiders don't try to act black but they still do a lot of black like things and you know this. and it's funny that southsiders talk that shit about nortenos because when I was up there alot of them fools looked and spoke just like the fools down here, the only major diff. was red, more hairstyles, and a little diff. slang.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 19th, 2006, 8:37 pm

What black things?

As far as using the word nigga...the only times I heard it being used by some Southsiders was in South LA.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 19th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Sur's use the word 'nigga' out here in Riverside whenever blacks arent around, So it can slide, until they slip and get there face checked...

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 19th, 2006, 8:42 pm

A lotta english slang southsiders use is black slang, I see these young southsiders rockin these fitteds that came from black Nyorkers, the diamond earrings, some are wearing more hip hop clothing. And the ballin big dope sellin ones i see ridin in cars pimped out like these black rappers, not on no lolo shit. Even check the writing on the internet sometimes they type just like blacks.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 19th, 2006, 8:44 pm

BlaKK wrote:Sur's use the word 'nigga' out here in Riverside whenever blacks arent around, So it can slide, until they slip and get there face checked...
I seen Surenos being called Niggas by Blacks and Surenos calling Black niggas. Hell I even been called a nigga by Blacks. I agree though the idiot Surenos who use the word nigga mostly use it when blacks aren't around.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 19th, 2006, 8:47 pm

I didn't have a problem with mexicans saying nigga (until this race shit got really heavy), a good group of my mexican patnas used to say that shit. Fools from SM13 too, then they cut that shit off, the veteranos musta got at them.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 19th, 2006, 8:47 pm

I do admit though, that I call everybody 'nigga'... Everybody... Samoan Niggas, white boi's, Tongan Niggas it don't even matter. I almost slipped and said the word at work.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 19th, 2006, 8:48 pm

why are Mexicans in MS13 now? I don't get that shit.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 19th, 2006, 8:52 pm

perongregory wrote:why are Mexicans in MS13 now? I don't get that shit.
Very few.

One of the first MS members was this Mexican dude...I think his name was Santos. My father knew him when we lived in Koreatown.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 19th, 2006, 8:54 pm

shit is crazy.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 19th, 2006, 8:54 pm

[quote="perongregory"the veteranos musta got at them.[/quote]

True.

You will never hear a Veterano saying nigga. Veteranos aren't hypocritates like alot of Surenos.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 19th, 2006, 8:56 pm

they just arent youngstas like all these young dumb assess wheter crip, blood, hoova, or ese.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 19th, 2006, 8:59 pm

That and unlike most of these morons who use nigga they haven't been to prison.

I could just see the warm reception a sureno would get if a shot caller caught him saying nigga. :P

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 19th, 2006, 9:03 pm

thats true. Well back then I was cool with mexicans using it, because I thought we were basically the same people the only difference mexicans just spoke spanish and were lighter, but shit done drastically changed, and I can see alot of peeps don't think like that.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » September 22nd, 2006, 6:41 am

I said:

Man, I don't know how old you are, but it is obvious you get your history on the sporting of blue, and on how gangs use to be, back in the day (and I'm going all the way back to the 70's, can you?) from legends, myths, and what you've read on the internet.

Mexican Mafia mofos may have sported the blue rag, but they didn't do so as heavily as the crips did, until the late 90's. Back in the day, as I said earlier, southsiders on the STREETS (fu-- a Mexican Mafia on lockdown) would wear brown, beige, tan, white, green, black, and other earth tone colors, and if anything, they carried a blue rag: BUT THEY WEREN'T DRENCHED IN BLUE CLOTHING!!! That was a crip thing-A BLACK THING!!

He said:

No you're wrong. I remember in the 80's, 13 and sporting blue wasn't that popular until the 90's.

My response:

Uh? Aren't you and I kinda saying the same thing. But on the same token. As I said before, so say I now and again, during the 70's (which as far back as I can remember) and 80's, mexican gangs (southsiders) weren't sporting blue duds, maybe a blue rag, but not blue duds as heavily as black crip gangs, if at all.

As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, I'VE NEVER SEEN ESE SOUTHSIDERS BACK IN THE 70'S NOR 80'S, TOGGED DOWN IN BLUE, AND ANY OLD SCHOOL VETERANO (black gang veterans are called OG's) KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

Neither did they sport the bald head!

He said:

Llike I said before La Eme started trying to tax everyone including the Asians, and that's when Sur really became more prominent. And who cares if they didn't sport the blue rag as often as Crips?

My response:

Obviously folks like you. But that's besides the point.

The point is, that modern day southsiders take their cue from black south central gang culture, from the early to mid 90's, adopting black gang slang, black slang, black music (even to the point of performing it, like gangsta rap, which your kind now calls chicano or sur rap), black gestures and mannerisms, etc.-much like your pachuco ancestors, when they acquired black cultural expressions, in order to find their voice...

-It's not like they had to represent Sur prior to 90's because of the HUGE number of Northsiders in LA.

My response:

What?

TheReal wrote:*

LOL

Your dreaming...The average Southsider doesn't act black. There is a reason why they constanly make fun of Northsiders for doing the things you claim they do.[/quote]

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » September 22nd, 2006, 6:47 am

Dr. Gonzo wrote:[
LOL

Your dreaming...The average Southsider doesn't act black. There is a reason why they constanly make fun of Northsiders for doing the things you claim they do.
*Surenos are hypocrites, that's why they point their fingers at northsiders. The only advantage that southsiders have over northsiders, in regards to the black angle, is that northsiders, to some extent, ally with blacks, whereas southsiders feel that they are more authentically mexican, and true to their roots, because they don't ally with the mayates, chanates, chongos, monkeys, and/or "niggers."

What makes southsiders more authentically mexican in their eyes, is the fact that they ally with, and keep company with, THE ARYAN BROTHERHOOD (i.e., racist white folks), WHICH TELLS YOU A LOT ABOUT CERTAIN ONES WITHIN THE MEXICAN POPULATION.

Other than that, they're just as black acting as northsiders, only they (southsiders) have adopted black southern california, gang culture, primarily from the crips...

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 22nd, 2006, 9:15 am

You still are clueless with this whole crip thing. Sur doesn't wear Blue heavily like the Crips do like you claim.

I live in apartment with Surenos and they rarely wear blue like the Crips.
And I NEVER SEEN ONE WITH A BLUE BANDANA.

And if your criteria for acting black is listening to rap music then most dumbass teenagers are acting black. :roll:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » September 22nd, 2006, 9:51 am

Someone explain to me what "acting black/white" etc. is.....