WHO IS THE BEST STREETBALLER OF YOUR STATE ?

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

WHO IS THE BEST STREETBALLER OF YOUR STATE ?

Unread post by NICKELS » November 6th, 2006, 5:12 pm

There are streetballers in everybody hood , and newyork is known as the mecca of basketball in general for yearssssssssssssss !! but who are some of the best who never made it to the NBA.

there are some dudes who are way better then some of the NBA players today and yesteryear.

like my man the GOAT.

bayarearep
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: USA

Unread post by bayarearep » November 6th, 2006, 5:14 pm

THE BALLATICIAN...from AND-1 tour
he used to play in a summer league i did for disadvantaged youth

he woulda been pro but had attitude problems

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » November 6th, 2006, 6:20 pm

yeah the ego ........

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 6th, 2006, 7:56 pm

I dont know if this counts but out here we got a kid named Paul Harris that along with some other kids from Niagara Falls High School got us to nationals but showed off against St. Louis and lost.

Anyways, we've always had one of the top high school basketball in the state but once in a while we make it to nationals...

This kid in particular gets himself into trouble a lot, so if he keeps it up he may not be going pro, but who knows?

- - - - - - -

[url]http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/paulharris.asp[url]

Paul Harris
Birthdate: 10/15/86
NBA Position: Shooting Guard
College: Syracuse
Class: Freshman
Ht: 6-4
Wt: 220
Hometown: Niagara Falls, NY
High School: Notre Dame Prep
2006 Stats

NBA Comparison: Jerry Stackhouse

Strengths: Tremendous combination of athleticism and versatility ... Elite level athlete with great skill set ... Has the versatility to play any of the wing positions and the strength to finish and grab rebounds inside ... Excellent ball handling and passing ability ... Strong one on one player who creates well off the dribble ... Capable of spectacular dunks in traffic, terrific finisher ... Tremendous defender with long arms and quick reflexes ... Plays much bigger than his height ... Could develop into a lock down defender ... Tough competitor, gives great effort ... Has the physical strength to overpower opponents ... His offensive game has shown improvement ... Not a natural point guard, but has the ability to play some point guard ...

Weaknesses: His biggest area of focus is his offensive game, especially shooting the ball ... Must gain consistency shooting from the perimeter ... Has decent mechanics but struggles to create off the dribble and lacks range ... Short at 6'4" to play shooting guard but has the wingspan and athleticism to make up for it ... Still streaky shooting. Can go through cold periods shooting from the perimeter, but finds other ways to contribute ...

-Aran Smith 4/16/06

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 6th, 2006, 7:56 pm

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » November 6th, 2006, 8:29 pm

it counts , but did he play street ball what was his nickname ?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 6th, 2006, 8:36 pm

The capitlists took over the sport of Basketball, niggas is in it for the loot not the love cuzz. fuck that shit nigga I dont watch no basketball on no TV No way anyway... I dont support White.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » November 6th, 2006, 9:07 pm

if you notice blacks are not into sports like they use to be when they dominated , there disctracted with : self ego , women , money ,

and steroids is big now ........i believe that was to catch up with niggas and even out the playing field... because brothers are natural atheletes , and was doing sh-t & creating stuff nobody else seen in there life. now brothers are using steroids...

the whole sh-t is fuched up

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 6th, 2006, 9:08 pm

NICKELS wrote:it counts , but did he play street ball what was his nickname ?
I think he did over at either center court or Jordan Gardens, I dont know what his nickname was because I didnt know him personally but I seen him around here and there.

Plus with the population drain and racist politicians they demolished a LOT of the basketball courts in the city...

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » November 11th, 2006, 12:23 am

right now in newyork there are too many good dudes but its kind of commercialized .......streetball is getting very corny especially with the music industry dudes......

p.ddidy fuch that up !! he made the way for anybody and music dudes to get teams for the ruckers ..now you got corny ass dudes like fatjoe with a team he paying for just to copy and be down ..corny dude a follower that dude didnt even know what ruckers was back in the day.

anybody from newyork remebers ruckers back in the late 80's ....awww man homie !! sh-t was fly. strictly ballers & hustlers bettin on games ...real gutter street sh-t ..all niggers

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 11th, 2006, 7:36 pm

NICKELS wrote:..all niggers

WTF?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 11th, 2006, 9:11 pm

??? Ghost where you qoute that from?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 11th, 2006, 9:42 pm

BlaKK wrote:??? Ghost where you qoute that from?
Nickels wrote it, right above me^^^^^^^^^

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 11th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Oh OK I see.... Nickels nigga???????

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 11th, 2006, 11:03 pm

BlaKK wrote:Oh OK I see.... Nickels nigga???????
I think it must have been a typo or something becuase I know he cant be like that....

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » November 13th, 2006, 5:23 pm

what typo niggers ?????? IM BLACK !!!!!!!!!

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » November 13th, 2006, 5:32 pm

when i say niggers .......im mean all blacks ....there was no and - 1 corporate , or espn street ball , music industry sponsoring stuff or tv sh-t .......

it was str8 ballers and hustlers ....this was when things were strictly street not pop culture ........thats when i say niggas..........fuch the spellin its the same sh-t

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 13th, 2006, 6:17 pm

NICKELS wrote:when i say niggers .......im mean all blacks ....there was no and - 1 corporate , or espn street ball , music industry sponsoring stuff or tv sh-t .......

it was str8 ballers and hustlers ....this was when things were strictly street not pop culture ........thats when i say niggas..........fuch the spellin its the same sh-t
No its not

Ive NEVER heard someone black call another black person a "nig-er" unless it was a joke.

"Nig-a" means friend

"Nig-er" is a racist term. Period.

Ive NEVER heard that used between blacks. Ever.

Only "nig-a"

Chase-C
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chase-C » November 20th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Air Up there

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » November 24th, 2006, 11:35 pm

GHOST are you black ?????????? if not shut the fuch up !!!

im BLACK AND BEEN AROUND MY PEOPLE MY ENTIRE LIFE !!

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » November 24th, 2006, 11:36 pm

The " air up there " that dude is like 6"2 and get gets up !!! ......his vertical is ridiculous

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 25th, 2006, 5:47 pm

NICKELS wrote:GHOST are you black ?????????? if not shut the fuch up !!!

im BLACK AND BEEN AROUND MY PEOPLE MY ENTIRE LIFE !!
Are you talking stuff on streetgangs.com?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 26th, 2006, 10:17 pm

my man shane the dribbler machine holding down the north bx(edenwald pjs)...playground legend from co-op to gun hill pjs

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 26th, 2006, 10:51 pm

NICKELS wrote:The " air up there " that dude is like 6"2 and get gets up !!! ......his vertical is ridiculous
6'2? im 6'5 I'd slap that nigga.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » November 27th, 2006, 2:35 pm

I played ball my whole life, and I appreciate dudes that put it down in the schoolyards and playgrounds. A lot of the guys I knew from Philly had more rep in the streets than the NBA. But them dudes is STILL right there in the streets.

My thing is, if you gon' put that kinda time into something, set yourself up to get paid for that shit, if possible.

Niggas ain't noticing that the NBA is tryin' to phase as many of the brothas out as possible. They takin' the game international, changing rules, and all kinda shit, to make it more conducive to having European (white) players. That's why they now allowing zone defenses, callin' BS techs, and all that dresscode shit. All while ESPN is promotin' streetball like it's a viable alternative. Far as I'm concerned $65,000/year is aiight, but it don't mean shit next to $6.5 million.

Dudes is sharpening their handles, with all that fancy shit, while Igor Kruschev is in Russia getting the basics down pat. And he's the dude that gon' make the last cut when it comes down to it.

Charles Barkley once pointed out that at one time, "85% of the starters in the NBA was black, but 90% of the 10th and 11th men were white". Meaning, when it comes down to giving them last few spots on the roster away, if they can stick a white dude in there, they will.

Niggas better wake up. They look up and see the NBA full of Euros, Asians, and dudes from Duke, while they ridin' on the And 1 bus, eating 3 piece dinner meals from Popeyes.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » November 27th, 2006, 11:23 pm

you right cause boxing is also making a change.....blacks is falling off.

the drive is not there anymore. there into other things.

something is happenning. the rest of the world is catching up , and blacks got lazy or not creative anymore.

we had heart & soul....now its about money , fame , endorsements , women , weed.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » November 27th, 2006, 11:47 pm

NICKELS wrote:you right cause boxing is also making a change.....blacks is falling off.

the drive is not there anymore. there into other things.

something is happenning. the rest of the world is catching up , and blacks got lazy or not creative anymore.

we had heart & soul....now its about money , fame , endorsements , women , weed.
Everybody wanna be rich overnight. Everybody wanna hustle instead of working for the money. A lot of talent be wasted that way. I bet anything it's dudes in jail right now, that with the right training, could knock out damn near anybody in the heavyweight top ten. The dude Jameel McCline came out the pen and got a title shot. And he don't even fight aggressive.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » November 28th, 2006, 12:04 am

the black rhino too.....i think more blacks should switch too UFC.

but there are no mixed fighting schools in the hood.

the only mixed fighting style blacks got is 52 HANDZ. from the penn. but that style is practically gone. i remeber dudes talking about that and showing niggas that when i was like 18 or 19 its old kind of OLD.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » November 28th, 2006, 12:31 am

NICKELS wrote:the black rhino too.....i think more blacks should switch too UFC.

but there are no mixed fighting schools in the hood.

the only mixed fighting style blacks got is 52 HANDZ. from the penn. but that style is practically gone. i remeber dudes talking about that and showing niggas that when i was like 18 or 19 its old kind of OLD.
Yo, that's truth!!! I train and compete in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I been at tournaments where it was only 5 or 6 brothers there. Fa real, fa real, it's white boyz out there that's looking like Dennis the Menace that will straight up mop you up, because the training in that shit EVERY DAY!!!
If brothers started learning, they'd be fuckin' people up in no time flat. It just ain't that many though. Yves Edwards, but he kinda fell off. Melvin Guilllard the New Orleans, is knockin' dudes smooth the fuck OUT, but he gotta work on his ground skills. And Rashad Evan who's just getting by on his wrestling skills.

Brothers need to learn that shit. It's the next big thing.

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: WHO IS THE BEST STREETBALLER OF YOUR STATE ?

Unread post by Tre » April 28th, 2011, 5:58 am

It's good to have Street Ball back on television! My favorites are Bone Collector and Sik with It.
It's also good to see proceeds from the Ball Up Streetball Tour being used to refurbish the outdoor basketball court at the Challengers Boys and Girls Club-LOS ANGELES! These upgrades are well deserved and much needed!

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Unread post by MCD » April 28th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Tre wrote:It's good to have Street Ball back on television! My favorites are Bone Collector and Sik with It.
It's also good to see proceeds from the Ball Up Streetball Tour being used to refurbish the outdoor basketball court at the Challengers Boys and Girls Club-LOS ANGELES! These upgrades are well deserved and much needed!
It's back on air?.. Damn I havent been into streetball since like 03-04 in high school I thought it died out in the mainstream. I went to the And1 game here in Sac in '03 and saw Robert Young catch a ride on the bus I think they called him 'Young One' or something like that, but I dont think he was on for long he twisted his ankle I heard. I always liked Alimoe I thought he was the realest on the tour and he even left intentionally cuz the game was gettin wack I used to do all those tricks tho on the playground but now I don't even shoot hoops anymore. That was back in the day

RomanoBundy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Somewhere... out there

Unread post by RomanoBundy » December 18th, 2013, 8:53 am

There are 2 germans I like: Paul Gudde and German Graham.
Look for them on Youtube, they are very good.