GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
T~

GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS

Unread post by T~ » March 4th, 2004, 3:06 pm

The new GTA game is called San Andreas... what yall think the game is gonna be like?... it dont say anythin on the site jus the name an when its gonna be out.

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Re: GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS

Unread post by Ice » March 4th, 2004, 3:11 pm

it's comin out october 18

T~

Unread post by T~ » March 4th, 2004, 3:14 pm

Do yo think its gonna be better than Vice City?

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » March 4th, 2004, 3:31 pm

vice city was real good, it would be hard to top that...

i still play GTA 1 & 2 for pc, i feel these two more than GTA 3 or vice city....

im sure the game will be good, i just hope they find some new concept or idea because this sh|t gets boring after a while...

T~

Unread post by T~ » March 4th, 2004, 3:38 pm

They need too add free-ways an sh*t , an make the other cars drive faster they went so damn slow..but i don't think they could beat the radio on vice city ......nothin like driving 90mph crushin people listening to some cheap ass 80's music...lol

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » March 4th, 2004, 4:13 pm

I heard like last year they said it might be online comp.,and you would be
able to have your own mob,that would be so cold!I wonder how they're
gonna makeit better than Vice City?

T~

Unread post by T~ » March 4th, 2004, 4:15 pm

havin your own mob would make it tight.

Mohammed Ali
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mohammed Ali » March 4th, 2004, 9:56 pm

They should put bloods and crips in it and havin your own mob would be cool that happens in vice city right?

T~

Unread post by T~ » March 5th, 2004, 10:15 am

when you get ur own mob in vice city they are only a bunch of people that walk around the places that you own an do nothing, in the new game i think that you can control them an tell them what to do an who too shoot....

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 6th, 2004, 1:15 pm

The problem with making series of the same game they make it the same just in a different place. And that would get old and boring, they need to come up with more moves, and better things to do. Add something in the game that take people by suprise. Hope they did cause this game is taking a while to come out and they are being so secretive about it. Hope they did there home work are they going to have a lot of pissed of gamers.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » March 7th, 2004, 10:41 pm

The problems in vice city was that you couldnt swim, the roads were small, the people driving cars went like 10 mph unless they got pissed and headed 20 mph, Should of been able to fly jets, there should of been a subway becuase in GTA 3 there was , to many glitchs, there were lot more but those were the main ones.

San Andreas will be based in San Fransisco and Rockstar should work on improving there problems from there last game.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 8th, 2004, 7:23 am

Past wrote:The problems in vice city was that you couldnt swim, the roads were small, the people driving cars went like 10 mph unless they got pissed and headed 20 mph, Should of been able to fly jets, there should of been a subway becuase in GTA 3 there was , to many glitchs, there were lot more but those were the main ones.

San Andreas will be based in San Fransisco and Rockstar should work on improving there problems from there last game.
LMAO @ if they got pissed they went 20 mph, yeah like i say they should add more to do then just the norm. I know a lot of people have high hopes I think I,m going to wait before I buy it. May just rent it and see how it goes. Seem like these developers focus on the wrong things, always trying to make the graphics beeter and dont focus on the actral game play itself. Hope they did there home work.

SCeric
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SCeric » March 8th, 2004, 12:16 pm

what i think the game needs is for one b's and c's def and 4 wheelers

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 25th, 2004, 9:10 pm

Officially, Rockstar treats the plotline of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas like a state secret. However, its efforts to cast voice actors have revealed clues about the upcoming PlayStation 2 game's story, including the names of several characters.

Two weeks ago, veteran casting director David Vaccari, who has worked on films such as The Bone Collector and Finding Forrester, placed a listing on the Los Angeles-based agency Shadowfax under the "Interactive/Home Videos/Video Games" category. The project advertised is listed as "ROCKSTAR - GRAND THEFT AUTO" and offers reading scripts for three roles--"Maccer," "Mad Dogg," and "Maria."

On the top of the role's reading script, Maccer is described as a "Manchester-born white male, 22." The dialogue also gives a taste of Maccer's personality, since it is taken from the 1999 film Human Traffic, which followed a group of young British clubbers on a drug-fueled night of partying. Coincidentally, Moff, the character who uttered the lines in the film, was played by Danny Dyer, the actor who voiced Kent Paul in Vice City.

The next character, Mad Dogg, is described as "Black American Male, 23." Judging by the script, Mad Dogg will not be the paradigm of social responsiblity. His lines are those of O-Dog, the homicidal teenager played by Larenz Tate in the 1993 classic Menace II Society, and are drenched in hardcore profanity and mid-'90s gangsta slang.

Last comes Maria, referred to in the script as a "young Italian female." The script is taken from the 1988 film Colors, which focused on two Los Angeles police officers' efforts to stem the rising tide of gang warfare. The lines were borrowed from Maria Conchita Alonso's Louisa Gomez, the Hispanic love interest of Senn Penn's rookie LAPD officer in the film.

Although Rockstar did not respond to inquires about the characters, several other details about GTA: San Andreas' plot can be inferred from the scripts. First, given the vintage of the films and the modern vernacular, the game will take place in semicontemporary times, as opposed to the 1970s-set game some had speculated. Second, the film will feature a West Coast gangsta prominently, perhaps even as the lead.

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » March 26th, 2004, 12:18 am

i went to go buy metal gear solid the twin snakes fof the nintendo gamecube last week at electronics boutique and there are already taking preorders for the game so if you havent done it yet i recommend you go put down a few dollars from what i heard this is the best game yet from what the guy told me

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » March 28th, 2004, 12:41 am

Capo wrote:Officially, Rockstar treats the plotline of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas like a state secret. However, its efforts to cast voice actors have revealed clues about the upcoming PlayStation 2 game's story, including the names of several characters.

Two weeks ago, veteran casting director David Vaccari, who has worked on films such as The Bone Collector and Finding Forrester, placed a listing on the Los Angeles-based agency Shadowfax under the "Interactive/Home Videos/Video Games" category. The project advertised is listed as "ROCKSTAR - GRAND THEFT AUTO" and offers reading scripts for three roles--"Maccer," "Mad Dogg," and "Maria."

On the top of the role's reading script, Maccer is described as a "Manchester-born white male, 22." The dialogue also gives a taste of Maccer's personality, since it is taken from the 1999 film Human Traffic, which followed a group of young British clubbers on a drug-fueled night of partying. Coincidentally, Moff, the character who uttered the lines in the film, was played by Danny Dyer, the actor who voiced Kent Paul in Vice City.

The next character, Mad Dogg, is described as "Black American Male, 23." Judging by the script, Mad Dogg will not be the paradigm of social responsiblity. His lines are those of O-Dog, the homicidal teenager played by Larenz Tate in the 1993 classic Menace II Society, and are drenched in hardcore profanity and mid-'90s gangsta slang.

Last comes Maria, referred to in the script as a "young Italian female." The script is taken from the 1988 film Colors, which focused on two Los Angeles police officers' efforts to stem the rising tide of gang warfare. The lines were borrowed from Maria Conchita Alonso's Louisa Gomez, the Hispanic love interest of Senn Penn's rookie LAPD officer in the film.

Although Rockstar did not respond to inquires about the characters, several other details about GTA: San Andreas' plot can be inferred from the scripts. First, given the vintage of the films and the modern vernacular, the game will take place in semicontemporary times, as opposed to the 1970s-set game some had speculated. Second, the film will feature a West Coast gangsta prominently, perhaps even as the lead.
Great Info Man!Now I know what game I want besides MG3!

T~

Unread post by T~ » March 30th, 2004, 10:43 am

MrYayo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: GTA San AnDreas Game shots

Unread post by MrYayo » April 3rd, 2004, 8:52 pm

Those are fake pics.

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 4th, 2004, 4:00 pm

i know there isnt anythin real anywhere, they keepin that game very secret

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » April 4th, 2004, 6:38 pm

cant wait until the game comes out

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 4th, 2004, 6:40 pm

if the game is anythin like the fake pics iv seen its gonna be damn good

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 5th, 2004, 4:52 pm

Guess they want to keep people on there toes and cant wait to see what the game about. That way by keeping it such a secert more people will want to buy it. But I am not getting my hopes up in anyway, cause I still think there is going to be a problem still.

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 5th, 2004, 5:39 pm

Befor Vice City came out i thought it would suck cus of it bein set in the 80's an thought it sounded sh*t an all, but when it did com out an i got it i played it once an thought it was the best game ever lol

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » April 10th, 2004, 1:52 am

Online would prolly make it one of the tightest games ever.

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 11th, 2004, 12:51 pm

lewis503 wrote:Online would prolly make it one of the tightest games ever.
Dose anyone know if it will be online???

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » April 11th, 2004, 2:29 pm

It might be online becuase in some magazine they said they were working on GTA online, so there really is a good chance, but in the magazine they showed some pics and it looked like vice city , but they might of changed it to hte new GTA coming out.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 11th, 2004, 6:55 pm

Past wrote:It might be online becuase in some magazine they said they were working on GTA online, so there really is a good chance, but in the magazine they showed some pics and it looked like vice city , but they might of changed it to hte new GTA coming out.
Yeah I heard that too, I think thats what there going to do to take it to the next level.

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 11th, 2004, 7:01 pm

If it dose go on-line that would be the next level... you could street race ,bang an jus cause compleat chaos with ya homie on the other side of the world!

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » April 12th, 2004, 1:23 am

if the graphics is gonna be like these fake pics.. everyone gonna need a PlayStation 5 to run it.. lolol..

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 12th, 2004, 4:57 pm

JuniorX wrote:if the graphics is gonna be like these fake pics.. everyone gonna need a PlayStation 5 to run it.. lolol..
lol...But all them pics were made on PC so the quality is ganna be better

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 12th, 2004, 10:45 pm

JuniorX wrote:if the graphics is gonna be like these fake pics.. everyone gonna need a PlayStation 5 to run it.. lolol..
Lmao! Hell yeah with graphics like that the games will run you a 100 a pop. lol