Allah & God. The same?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Allah & God. The same?

Unread post by Sentenza » November 23rd, 2006, 12:52 pm

What leads me to believe this, is that in arabic Allah means nothing else but god, and arabic christians refer to god also as allah.

I think Judaism, Christianity and Islam are only disputing over the way how to worship and follow properly. All scripts are based upon each other(except for the Tora and the Bible not referring to the Quran of course) and all three religions have many things in common. My Thesis is: Islam, Christianity and Judaism pray to the same god.
Its just a thesis, but what do you think?

SouljaGang
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljaGang » November 23rd, 2006, 1:09 pm

U right all allah means is god in arbic and muslims belive there's only one god and we belive jesus aint god he a profet but pretty much the bible tora and the quran is the same it jus changed up a lil we pray diffrent bur ull find the same stories and stuff. But u right allah jus means god. Its jus like u sayen lord or sumtin feel me

Tacomahilltop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

in some ways

Unread post by Tacomahilltop » November 24th, 2006, 3:16 am

the quran in ways has alot of the same meanings as the bible.the prophets have similar name eissa=jesus dawud=david uwa=eve but dont confuse it allah does not mean god illah means god allah is the name of god but yes in alot of ways the have the same morals and so on the only difference being islam forbids pork.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 24th, 2006, 3:24 am

Allah is no(t) God.. Not in my doctrine.

SouljaGang
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljaGang » November 24th, 2006, 3:24 am

U right das wat I meant to say lol yea and no alcohol and moses is musa and abraham is ibrahim

Tacomahilltop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

lol

Unread post by Tacomahilltop » November 24th, 2006, 12:34 pm

lol ibrahim thats my name

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » November 24th, 2006, 12:49 pm

To my knowledge your right Sentenza.Out of Judaìsm came Christianity,out of Christianity came Islam.Moses was the first Prophet,Jesus the second and the last Prophet Mohammed.The First Testament of the Bibel is also in the Quran.Christianity broke away from Judaìsm because the Jews don´t recognise Jesus as the son of God.And Islam broke away of Christianity because to them Jesus was not the Son of God,but a Prophet send by God/Allah.So in a way we are all brothers of eachother,but because of all the wars we lost sight of that.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 24th, 2006, 2:37 pm

dutch wrote:To my knowledge your right Sentenza.Out of Judaìsm came Christianity,out of Christianity came Islam.Moses was the first Prophet,Jesus the second and the last Prophet Mohammed.The First Testament of the Bibel is also in the Quran.Christianity broke away from Judaìsm because the Jews don´t recognise Jesus as the son of God.And Islam broke away of Christianity because to them Jesus was not the Son of God,but a Prophet send by God/Allah.So in a way we are all brothers of eachother,but because of all the wars we lost sight of that.
Yea, all scripts are based on each other. The old Testament is basically identical to the Tora and the Quran includes a lot of elements from the Old & New Testament, aswell as some additional stories.

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » November 25th, 2006, 5:00 am

Sentenza wrote:
dutch wrote:To my knowledge your right Sentenza.Out of Judaìsm came Christianity,out of Christianity came Islam.Moses was the first Prophet,Jesus the second and the last Prophet Mohammed.The First Testament of the Bibel is also in the Quran.Christianity broke away from Judaìsm because the Jews don´t recognise Jesus as the son of God.And Islam broke away of Christianity because to them Jesus was not the Son of God,but a Prophet send by God/Allah.So in a way we are all brothers of eachother,but because of all the wars we lost sight of that.
Yea, all scripts are based on each other. The old Testament is basically identical to the Tora and the Quran includes a lot of elements from the Old & New Testament, aswell as some additional stories.
I was told that the whole Old Testament is in the Quran not some elements.Only the names are spelled different,like Ali in the Quran is Eli in the Bibel and so on.And in the Quran they have added some more stories about for example Moses.But this was told to me,i have not read the Quran so i can not say for sure.But about the Ali/Eli thing i know for sure and the other names because this was told to me by muslims themselves.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » November 25th, 2006, 12:37 pm

yep, ISLAM, CHRISTIANITY AND JUDAISM, do have similarties.
Muslims believes that Adam was the first prophet (and human) to be created. the HOLY QURAN states that all Prophets were muslims! Thats why you theres alot of stories found in the HOLY QURAN about them (prophet ISA AND MOSES).

The Quran refers to the Christians and Jews as the People of the book.
but what i wanna make clear is that :
PROPHET MUHAMED (PBUH) DID NOT START ISLAM AND HE WAS NOT THE FOUNDER OF SOME NEW RELIGION, HE CAME TO COMPLETE ISLAM.

like jesus, said he did not come to start a new faith and reject the testaments of moses.

Tacomahilltop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Tacomahilltop » November 27th, 2006, 4:22 am

true true the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) did many great things in his life the main one being spreading Islam to many places.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 27th, 2006, 4:27 am

^^^How do you feel about the Quranic passages that seem to promote violence, i.e. the so called "Sword Verses" etc.? Do they have more weight then the peaceful Quranic Verses in your opinion?

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » November 27th, 2006, 6:20 am

^^^How do you feel about the Quranic passages that seem to promote violence
Jesus said: "And he that hath no sword, let him
sell his garment, and buy one." (Luke, 22:36)

Jesus said: "Think not that I am come to send peace on
earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." (Matthew, 10:34)

THERS STILL MORE....

1 Samuel 15:2,3

2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt.3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy [a] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "

Numbers 31:17,18

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Deuteronomy 20:16

16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes.

NOT VERY NICE IS IT???

OK HERES THE ERM..WHAT DID U CALL IT? OH YEAH "SWORD VERSES OF THE QURAN"

Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (The Noble Quran, 2:190) "

"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61) "

"If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds. (The Noble Quran, 5:28 ) "

"God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:8 ) "

"And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. (The Noble Quran 2:193) "

Now I Dont Know About You, But These verses dont sound like there promoting violence. they are just and fair, it sets clear rules on the battle field, no women, child, elderly, animal nor plant should be harmed, and if the enemy surrenders, do not harm either.

But these certainly do promote violence!
Ezekiel 23:45-47 (King James Version)

45: And the righteous men, they shall judge them after the manner of adulteresses, and after the manner of women that shed blood; because they are adulteresses, and blood is in their hands.

46: For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will bring up a company upon them, and will give them to be removed and spoiled.

47: And the company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords; they shall slay their sons and their daughters, and burn up their houses with fire.

Why do innocent childeren have to be slay (as punishment) for the crimes (murder, adultery, idol worshipping) commited by their parents? Do you call this righteous dear christian ?
KEEP READING

2 Chronicles 15:13

All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.
I CAN KEEP GOING ON BUT ILL STOP HERE.

ISLAM IS PERFECT AND COMPLETE IN EVERYWAY, its just a handfull of muslims that give it a bad name!

peace out!

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 28th, 2006, 4:15 am

It was just a question. I know about these verses you posted, but the Quran has them aswell. Its not like the Quran is more peaceful than the Bible.
But i am not trying to hate on Islam.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » November 28th, 2006, 5:19 am

There is nothing Peaceful about war.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » November 28th, 2006, 5:20 am

BUT There are also limits.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » November 28th, 2006, 8:06 am

frozen fire wrote:

THERS STILL MORE....

2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt.3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy [a] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes.

NOT VERY NICE IS IT???

Good response "frozen fire"!! Strange how noone seems to mention the above verses...Just the same ignorant questions about "why Islam is violent" :roll:

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » November 28th, 2006, 9:56 pm

frozen fire wrote: these certainly do promote violence!

45: And the righteous men, they shall judge them after the manner of adulteresses, and after the manner of women that shed blood; because they are adulteresses, and blood is in their hands.

46: For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will bring up a company upon them, and will give them to be removed and spoiled.

47: And the company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords; they shall slay their sons and their daughters, and burn up their houses with fire.

Why do innocent childeren have to be slay (as punishment) for the crimes (murder, adultery, idol worshipping) commited by their parents?

Do you call this righteous dear christian ?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 28th, 2006, 11:25 pm

I think Ive lost any believe in an afterlife

period

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 28th, 2006, 11:29 pm

[quote="A Ghost"]I think Ive lost any believe in an afterlife

period[/quote]

thats deep brother

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » November 28th, 2006, 11:30 pm

frozen fire wrote:

THERS STILL MORE....

NOT VERY NICE IS IT???

OK HERES THE ERM..WHAT DID U CALL IT? OH YEAH "SWORD VERSES OF THE QURAN"

Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (The Noble Quran, 2:190) "

"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61) "

"If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds. (The Noble Quran, 5:28 ) "

"God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:8 ) "

"And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. (The Noble Quran 2:193) "

Now I Dont Know About You, But These verses dont sound like there promoting violence. they are just and fair, it sets clear rules on the battle field, no women, child, elderly, animal nor plant should be harmed, and if the enemy surrenders, do not harm either.

But these certainly do promote violence!

Why do innocent childeren have to be slay (as punishment) for the crimes (murder, adultery, idol worshipping) commited by their parents? Do you call this righteous dear christian ?
KEEP READING

2 Chronicles 15:13

All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.
I CAN KEEP GOING ON BUT ILL STOP HERE.

ISLAM IS PERFECT AND COMPLETE IN EVERYWAY, its just a handfull of muslims that give it a bad name!

peace out!
I am by no means religious but I question why any religion would preach tolerance, then in the next breath preach violence.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 29th, 2006, 3:31 am

'X' wrote:
frozen fire wrote:

THERS STILL MORE....

NOT VERY NICE IS IT???

Good response "frozen fire"!! Strange how noone seems to mention the above verses...Just the same ignorant questions about "why Islam is violent" :roll:
I wasnt saying that it is more violent than the bible, but it is also not more peaceful. I am reading the Quran these days and it is not better or worse than the bible. I guess it depends on how the individual wants to interpret it.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 29th, 2006, 3:32 am

Also, i was asking about passages in the Quran and not about that there is very bad stuff written in the bible aswell.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 29th, 2006, 3:48 am

I am not going to post these passages, cause that would turn this thread into a Quran vs. Bible thread, which is not my intention. I respect both and am aware, that you can take positive and negative things of both.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » November 29th, 2006, 7:48 am

Sentenza wrote:Also, i was asking about passages in the Quran and not about that there is very bad stuff written in the bible aswell.
I know, you rarely hear about questions about "the very bad stuff" in the bible, most seem to skip these verses in the bible. with all the topics on this site, how many you see on "the very bad stuff" in the bible? Anyway, continue on about the "very bad" things in the Quran...

And props for not wanting to turn this into a bible vs Quran issue...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 29th, 2006, 10:53 am

'X' wrote:
Sentenza wrote:Also, i was asking about passages in the Quran and not about that there is very bad stuff written in the bible aswell.
I know, you rarely hear about questions about "the very bad stuff" in the bible, most seem to skip these verses in the bible. with all the topics on this site, how many you see on "the very bad stuff" in the bible? Anyway, continue on about the "very bad" things in the Quran...

Yea, people tend to forget that there are such things written down in the bible.
It wasnt about the "very bad" things in the Quran, just the passages that "seem" to promote violence, cause many people read these out of context and use it as an argument against the Quran. I wanted to hear your opinions, as muslims, about it. No judgement intended, ill leave that to those that feel that its necessary.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 30th, 2006, 12:55 pm

And, what do you guys think about the Bahai'i?

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » December 1st, 2006, 12:37 pm

yep
And, what do you guys think about the Bahai'i?
The Bahá'í Faith is a religion founded by Bahá'u'lláh in 19th century Persia. Bahá'ís number around 6 million in more than 200 countries around the world.

According to Bahá'í teachings, religious history is seen as an evolving educational process for mankind, through God's messengers, which are termed Manifestations of God. Bahá'u'lláh is seen as the most recent, pivotal, but not final of these individuals. He claimed to be the expected redeemer and teacher prophesied in Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and other religions, and that his mission was to establish a firm basis for unity throughout the world, and inaugurate an age of peace and justice, which Bahá'ís expect will inevitably arise.

i just heard of this faith, when i read your post.

founded in the 19th century, its quite new compared to other religions
and it doesnt seem to attract alot of attention...so not many peaple know about it.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » December 1st, 2006, 1:02 pm

But they emerged out of the Shia Branch of Islam, even though they are persecuted hard. I think their conception is quite interesting though.

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » December 1st, 2006, 1:45 pm

Never heard of it.So what is there conception Sentenza?Saw the qoute Frozen Fire put in his post,looks interesting.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » December 1st, 2006, 2:10 pm

dutch wrote:Never heard of it.So what is there conception Sentenza?Saw the qoute Frozen Fire put in his post,looks interesting.
That all religions lead to the same god and all the messengers (Buddha, Muhammad, Jesus, Moses etc.) were sent by god to spread the message.
Cant say that i agree, but i think it is interesting as i said.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » December 2nd, 2006, 12:24 am

Cant say that i agree, but i think it is interesting
same here[/quote]