Borat

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » December 5th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Peace Youngwun

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Borat

Unread post by perongregory » December 5th, 2006, 4:06 pm

youngwun wrote:
'X' wrote:This movie was an interesting glimpse into alot of white folk psyche. Yeah it's a comedy, but if you look deeper into this movie it exposes alot of ignorance...
Nah man, you gotta be too smart to think that. Borat was some funny shit, but dude went after some real obvious targets. Notice it was 99% through the South with frat boys and "southern gentlemen". Give me a break now.

I try to keep an open mind about this shit and not judge people as whites, mexicans, etc even though it'd be easy to. Plenty of niggaz in the hood got a lot of ignorant, #%@& up shit to say about people. We the biggest racists there is, yet it's considered okay because of obvious events that occured. I aint down with that at all and my kids won't be like that if I got anything to do with it. Raise these lil niggaz up right!
you can prove we the most racist people? And this si so how come we only find ways to victimize ourselves but we never findin ways to fuck up anyone elses shit, like true racist do? I don't wanna hear that lyin ass BS, we might be highly prejudice if you wanna say that, but I haven't met another race who wasn't. But I'll tell you what I have met, read, and seen...muthafuckas discriminating, segregating, killing, profiling, denying and doing other racist shit because someone is of a diff. race then them. Not talkin his fucking mouth off, but pull the strap to blow his brothers brains all over the street like blacks do.

abc12345
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by abc12345 » December 9th, 2006, 12:24 am

wowomg.com

Who posted that site???

Don't post it next time. Ewww.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 9th, 2006, 2:23 am

youngwun wrote: Borat was some funny shit, but dude went after some real obvious targets. Notice it was 99% through the South with frat boys and "southern gentlemen".
A segment of society that controlled this country at the time this movie was filmed...
I try to keep an open mind about this shit and not judge people as whites, mexicans, etc even though it'd be easy to. Plenty of niggaz in the hood got a lot of ignorant, #%@& up shit to say about people. We the biggest racists there is,
No, you're not. We is. I know rich people, who own businesses, who've gotten politicians elected, and who run Black people down in the privacy of their own White friends. I've heard people say that the reason they don't like Democrats is because they help Blacks, even though you and I know this isn't entirely true. But, that's what THEY think, the UPPER CLASS.
yet it's considered okay because of obvious events that occured.
So, what's rich people's excuse?
I aint down with that at all and my kids won't be like that if I got anything to do with it. Raise these lil niggaz up right!
You're right, all parents should teach their kids to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But if your kids are Black and live in a poor Los Angeles neighborhood, unfortunately the LAPD will teach them to hate Whites, even if you don't.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » December 9th, 2006, 10:30 am

youngwun wrote:
We the biggest racists there is

You CANT be serious with this one?? May I ask what does being racist mean to you?

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » December 9th, 2006, 11:58 am

I'm just saying... black people, like any other race, sit in the hood all day talking about how mexicans are lazy, asians eat dogs and plenty of 'em waiting for a white boy to roll through that they can trip on.

I know too many dudes from the hood that are just like those dudes on that RV. Ignorance is everywhere. I guess I just get bitter when people try to bring themselves and their close ones together but not people as a whole, but it's a moot point I understand.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » December 9th, 2006, 2:48 pm

how does that make us the most racist though, if everyoine does that? And how can you rule out institutional racism a kind of racism we can't carry out?

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 10th, 2006, 1:57 am

Racism at face value, it could be said that Blacks are more racist, being that Blacks EXPRESS their views on race more often than Whites. When it comes to mere expression, in the post Civil Rights America, yeh, Blacks diss Whites more publicly than Whites do Blacks, where as you hardly hear Whites dissing Blacks. But, then, every few years you get a fireworks show like Michael Richards. See? At the end of the day, it could very well be that Whites, Blacks, and everybody are equally racist, and that for the more socially inverted races it just takes a while for the truth to come out.

As far are racial oppression goes? Are Blacks even in the position to racially oppress?

Back to Borat, he certainly drives the point home in this film that the American South is still somewhat racist, and he does so by letting White Southerners make the point themselves. It is genius, in that regard, no matter how stupid and sophomoric his method is. And, considering the fact that the South had a great deal to do with the election of a party that has controlled all branches of government in the past 4 years, It's fair to say that this film gives a glimpse into the heart of America. What's ironic is that a little bit has changed since the film came out... Not saying things WILL change, but a big chunk of the old guard has been replaced.

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » December 10th, 2006, 2:05 am

Im a be real witchu you sound hella ignorant....and you contradict yourself...Blaccs cant be racist because we dont have the power or infrastructure to support it that whites often times DO...blaccs can be prejudice..

As far are racial oppression goes? Are Blacks even in the position to racially oppress? ....NO....AND I ANSWER that 4 U^^^ IM A PUT SOME LITERATURE UP FOR YOU TO EDUCATE YOUR IGNORANT @SS B'CUZ YOU MUST GOT ISSUES with BLACC OR SUMTHIN' I CANT HELP that ALL YA FEMALE FRIENDS AND RELATIVES ARE CHOCAHOLICS

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » December 10th, 2006, 2:11 am

AND FOR the RECORD ALL THOSE WHITE COLLEGE FRATERNITIES AND MASONS ARE RACIST...MANY OF THEM WERE STARTED AT SOUTHERN ELITE UNIVERSITIES...HELL WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THE KU KLUX KLAN STARTED AT A UNIVERSITY AND ITS SAD TO SEE BLACC's try and mimic them with this...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THAT GETS ME THE MOST WHEN WE WANNA GO OUT AND BE LIKE 'EM

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » December 10th, 2006, 2:12 am

AND EVEN WORSE THIS

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » December 10th, 2006, 2:15 am

Dats for you still no script

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lynch_Speech

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 10th, 2006, 2:20 am

Shox112 wrote:Im a be real witchu you sound hella ignorant....and you contradict yourself...Blaccs cant be racist because we dont have the power or infrastructure to support it that whites often times DO...blaccs can be prejudice..

As far are racial oppression goes? Are Blacks even in the position to racially oppress? ....NO....AND I ANSWER that 4 U^^^ IM A PUT SOME LITERATURE UP FOR YOU TO EDUCATE YOUR IGNORANT @SS B'because YOU MUST GOT ISSUES with black OR SUMTHIN' I CANT HELP that ALL YA FEMALE FRIENDS AND RELATIVES ARE CHOCAHOLICS
Shox, if you're talking to me you're out of your mind. You're arguing with your own shadow. The points you just made are the same ones I made.

If you read my post, that's exactly what I meant when I asked the question of rather or not Blacks are in a position to racially oppress... of course they aren't. It was a sarcastic question... like, 'Do White women often complain about their husbands' penises being too big?' (oh, why do i get the feeling now that you're going to turn and say I'm being condescending to Blacks for assuming they can't take control and be in power. I just spotted you one, Shox...run with it. )

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » December 10th, 2006, 2:22 am

neva mind u got my point

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 10th, 2006, 2:27 am

Shox112 wrote:neva mind u got my point
Well, I had not choice. You came through with some vast resources, like that picture of Hootie and the Blowfish.

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » December 10th, 2006, 2:29 am

look at the second set of pictures :shock:

abc12345
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by abc12345 » December 11th, 2006, 12:38 am

'X' wrote:
youngwun wrote:
We the biggest racists there is

You CANT be serious with this one?? May I ask what does being racist mean to you?
For someone else being racist against someone else in my vacinity, who gives a shit. For me being racist --- I'm not stupid.

For whatever racism, hey, well you know what I was about to say.

You'll say what, but it's the same story I'm not gonna back out on. This is not ignorance. This is opinion. This doesn't deserve a ban.

This is bulllshit. ;D

abc12345
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by abc12345 » December 11th, 2006, 12:40 am

Shox112 wrote:Im a be real witchu you sound hella ignorant....and you contradict yourself...Blaccs cant be racist because we dont have the power or infrastructure to support it that whites often times DO...blaccs can be prejudice..

As far are racial oppression goes? Are Blacks even in the position to racially oppress? ....NO....AND I ANSWER that 4 U^^^ IM A PUT SOME LITERATURE UP FOR YOU TO EDUCATE YOUR IGNORANT @SS B'because YOU MUST GOT ISSUES with black OR SUMTHIN' I CANT HELP that ALL YA FEMALE FRIENDS AND RELATIVES ARE CHOCAHOLICS
Now that second paragraph was racist. No offense your gangstaness...

abc12345
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by abc12345 » December 11th, 2006, 12:42 am

Also, stick to the goddamn topic.

Borat is the best comedy documentary ever. The best comedy of 2006.

I got the most laughs out of it. Funny shit...

I'm gonna buy it when it comes out on DVD!!! :D

abc12345
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by abc12345 » December 11th, 2006, 12:43 am

abc12345 wrote:Also, stick to the goddamn topic.

Borat is the best comedy documentary ever. The best comedy of 2006.

I got the most laughs out of it. Funny shit...

I'm gonna buy it when it comes out on DVD!!! :D
Second for 2006 is Little Man. I don't know what else made me laugh so much in 2006...

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » December 11th, 2006, 12:48 am

WELL EAT A PHAT ASS CHOCOLATE DI** ^^^^

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 11th, 2006, 1:08 am

Shox112 wrote:WELL EAT A PHAT ASS CHOCOLATE DI** ^^^^

"I GOT PICTURE OF MY SISTER EATING THE CHOCOLATE DI**.."

abc12345
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by abc12345 » December 11th, 2006, 1:14 am

?

I have no idea what the fuck you just said. I have no idea what you're talking about as well.

:D

But there is one thing on my mind...

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » December 11th, 2006, 1:17 am

and I betcha its some mo' gay sh*t ^^^

oldsschool666

Unread post by oldsschool666 » December 11th, 2006, 6:35 pm

gay fkn movie

abc12345
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by abc12345 » December 13th, 2006, 11:57 pm

Shox112 wrote:and I betcha its some mo' gay sh*t ^^^
No it isn't but keep guessing...

abc12345
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by abc12345 » December 13th, 2006, 11:58 pm

oldsschool666 wrote:gay fkn movie
Best fkn comedy of 2006.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » March 22nd, 2007, 8:27 am

Funny as hell, loved it, fucccin* crackin up. I liked Borat trying to put Pamela Anderson in a marriage sack. Pure class. And I don't think its racist - just left field.

areefce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by areefce » March 22nd, 2007, 10:17 am

i liked it

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 22nd, 2007, 1:10 pm

talk about the movie please...

areefce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by areefce » March 22nd, 2007, 2:25 pm

i liked it cause it was different. some of the scenes were just plain outrageous.like having a hooker show up to that dinner that was funny

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » March 23rd, 2007, 4:37 pm

borat was one of the best movies of 2007