If U Walk Away From A Fight Do U Consider Y'self A Punk

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » August 10th, 2006, 12:48 pm

I think it's only natural to feel like a punk after walking away from a fight. It has something to do with the male ego and male pride. It's even worse when you have to walk away in front of someone else because you always have that nagging feeling that maybe that person will think less of you. At the same time you have to remember that all it takes is one wrong punch, one wrong kick, one wrong push in front of one big car, or one piss off of one person with one gun to make walking away seem like the better to choice to have made. Of course it makes you feel like a punk but I prefer that to the alternative.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 10th, 2006, 12:55 pm

Godfather wrote:At the same time you have to remember that all it takes is one wrong punch, one wrong kick, one wrong push in front of one big car, or one piss off of one person with one gun to make walking away seem like the better to choice to have made. Of course it makes you feel like a punk but I prefer that to the alternative.
I met some people that have chose the alternative. They were all dead. I was training at the Los Angeles County Morgue for a few days, and Monday morning was a surreal wake up call for me. Mondays are loaded down with fools that were scrappin' over the weekend. Still posted up in their "set gear". Laid out on stretchers all over the place. Some looked like they were still holding up their gang sign...man that place gave me the creeps.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » August 10th, 2006, 1:00 pm

Yeah thats what I mean. I'd rather wake up the next day with my pride hurt and everything else in tact than be a morning visitor to the LA Morgue. At the end of the day all it really is is hurt pride. Ten years from now when you're working and you have kids and you have a wife are you really going to have trouble sleeping at night because you walked away from a fight ten years back? If the punk gets to live a full and enjoyable life and the "gangster" or "realest" guy dies not being a punk who ended up the winner in that scenerio? I'm the sure the parents and siblings of the non-punk were real proud on the day of the funeral that their kid/brother or sister decided to man up instead of walking away.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 10th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Theres another thing - getting involved in a fight when its not the right time, you know, for adrenaline and ego's sake, I fear something like hitting a man in the moment, like an upper cut on the road and man fall fast and crack his head on the concrete and boom, dead as. For what? My fuccin ego! Nah, save the fight for times when its necessary. Walk away from punk fights but never walk away like a punk when it really counts.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 10th, 2006, 3:58 pm

Noog wrote:Walk away from punk fights but never walk away like a punk when it really counts.
I like this.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 10th, 2006, 6:46 pm

BxMilitia wrote:U SOUND LIKE A WANKSTA ASS NERD, U KNO DAMN WELL UR AFRAID OF DEATH, DONT TRY TA SOUND LIKE AN OUTLAW, UR SCARED AS HELL , U AINT FOOLIN NOBODY... IF 3 GUYS COME UP 2 U N GUN BUTT U DEAD IN YA NOSE AND ASK U 4 UR MONEY, I BET YOU WONT HESITATE 2 GIVE UR SHIT UP.YOULL SHIT BRICKS WHEN THEY COCK THAT SHIT BACK N PRESS IT UP AGAINST YA TEMPLE.DONT BE STUPID... :x

Actually I have had a gun to my head a few times. I am still here. Why? I dunno.....I dont think on it too much. I think I would have to say devine intervention.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 10th, 2006, 6:49 pm

Common Sense wrote:
Godfather wrote:At the same time you have to remember that all it takes is one wrong punch, one wrong kick, one wrong push in front of one big car, or one piss off of one person with one gun to make walking away seem like the better to choice to have made. Of course it makes you feel like a punk but I prefer that to the alternative.
I met some people that have chose the alternative. They were all dead. I was training at the Los Angeles County Morgue for a few days, and Monday morning was a surreal wake up call for me. Mondays are loaded down with fools that were scrappin' over the weekend. Still posted up in their "set gear". Laid out on stretchers all over the place. Some looked like they were still holding up their gang sign...man that place gave me the creeps.
I have a friend that works in a morgue. I hear all kinds of weird stories from him. Man....I would not want that job. Takes a special person.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » December 25th, 2006, 10:12 pm

A true Warrior wishes for peace and only fights as a last resource. I do my best to avoid a fight but if need be, I'll only resourse to a fight as a last option, then... only enough to defuse the situation the circumtances calls for, if I may.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » December 25th, 2006, 11:00 pm

BxMilitia wrote:U SOUND LIKE A WANKSTA ASS NERD, U KNO DAMN WELL UR AFRAID OF DEATH, DONT TRY TA SOUND LIKE AN OUTLAW, UR SCARED AS HELL , U AINT FOOLIN NOBODY... IF 3 GUYS COME UP 2 U N GUN BUTT U DEAD IN YA NOSE AND ASK U 4 UR MONEY, I BET YOU WONT HESITATE 2 GIVE UR SHIT UP.YOULL SHIT BRICKS WHEN THEY COCK THAT SHIT BACK N PRESS IT UP AGAINST YA TEMPLE.DONT BE STUPID... :x
I would go as far as saying, that everbody is scared when that happens. Ok, maybe except that exceptional 0,1 %.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » December 26th, 2006, 3:44 pm

No I would not consider myself a punk. I got a daughter now and need to focus on raising her properly. Too many kids without fathers nowadays. Due to either their father's being locked up in jail, killed over some bs, or simply cuz the fathers are pricks with lack of responsability.

Now if the time COMES for my boxing/W.C skills and whatnot to come out than so be it.
If I have no choice but to fight for my own safety, my daughter's safety, or ANY loved one's safety, than war is a must!
And let me tell you jabs, straight rights, hooks, etc etc will not be all that defines me. If it is a situation where things seem like "fairness" will not be considered, well lets just say I am down with fighting dirty if need be.

However,
if it is over some petty shit like a bunch of "wannabe thugs" acting tough on a bus, or some macho jerk trying to show off to his girlfriend; I just let it go and walk away carefully and quickly.
I would rather see my daughter grow up with me as her guidance and best friend than to see her and her mom visit me with some dude behind a prison glass. lol.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » December 26th, 2006, 3:45 pm

George wrote:No I would not consider myself a punk. I got a daughter now and need to focus on raising her properly. Too many kids without fathers nowadays. Due to either their father's being locked up in jail, killed over some bs, or simply because the fathers are pricks with lack of responsability.

Now if the time COMES for my boxing/W.C skills and whatnot to come out than so be it.
If I have no choice but to fight for my own safety, my daughter's safety, or ANY loved one's safety, than war is a must!
And let me tell you jabs, straight rights, hooks, etc etc will not be all that defines me. If it is a situation where things seem like "fairness" will not be considered, well lets just say I am down with fighting dirty if need be.

However,
if it is over some petty shit like a bunch of "wannabe thugs" acting tough on a bus, or some macho jerk trying to show off to his girlfriend; I just let it go and walk away carefully and quickly.
I would rather see my daughter grow up with me as her guidance and best friend than to see her and her mom visit me with some dude behind a prison glass. lol.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 26th, 2006, 4:06 pm

yea if you walk away from a fight you a bitch period.

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » December 26th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Its a time and place for everything, so if it aint the time for it I will let someone make it if they are jus bumping, like I got my family with me and im not trying to put them in harms way or i feel i can jepordize my financial situation..like at work, or I can lose my freedom easily if I do it I will just make it go down when its the right time, cause talk aint nothing but talk, it dont mean nothing and it aint doing nothing NOW if someone puts their hands on me or trys to put their hands on me no matter what its going down until one of us gets our ass whooped.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » December 26th, 2006, 4:40 pm

No I would not consider myself a punk. I got a daughter now and need to focus on raising her properly. Too many kids without fathers nowadays. Due to either their father's being locked up in jail, killed over some bs, or simply because the fathers are pricks with lack of responsability.

George said - Now if the time COMES for my boxing/W.C skills and whatnot to come out than so be it.

However,

Me - I agree with George pretty much my take on the situation.

BlaKK, your pride is simply blinding you. I use to think like you but not to your degree. George, you got the right ideal .

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 26th, 2006, 4:48 pm

BlaKK, your pride is simply blinding you
Nigga wtf is this pride talk? Shit ain't relevant, nor necessary, my pops was a black panther he taught me to never back down, plain and simple. Fuck pride nigga that's Lucifer not I.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 26th, 2006, 4:50 pm

I aint got no pride, I put my head down when i walk, with my dreads hangin, my rag hangin, my nuts hangin, not givin a fuck about nobody.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » December 26th, 2006, 6:40 pm

BlaKK, I not going to argue this point with you. Really... I'm here to learn. BTW, I'm not a NIG*A.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 26th, 2006, 6:41 pm

I never said you were a fuckin "nigga"

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » December 26th, 2006, 11:45 pm

[quote="BlaKK"]I aint got no pride[quote]

Thats some funny $hit

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 27th, 2006, 3:05 am

you some funny shit

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » December 27th, 2006, 4:04 am

Common Sense wrote:
what were you training at the morgue for?

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 27th, 2006, 10:01 pm

TeeKay wrote:what were you training at the morgue for?
Forensics. The morgue.......was seeing things from the other side.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 27th, 2006, 10:06 pm

BlaKK wrote:yea if you walk away from a fight you a bitch period.
I believe you have to choose your battles. Some fights aren't worth the consequences or the headace, even if you do win. Those of you with kids that actively participate in their lives, really need to weigh the odds. Getting oneself in a avoidable situation where one can't be there for their kids...is another bitch move.

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » December 28th, 2006, 9:37 pm

No I would not consider myself a punk. I got a daughter now and need to focus on raising her properly. Too many kids without fathers nowadays. Due to either their father's being locked up in jail, killed over some bs, or simply because the fathers are pricks with lack of responsability.
thats real talk, i agree with u 100%....i got lil brothers, i been through my share of fights, ran through fire scapes from them pigs(them fire scapes r HIGH) but at the end of the day, im grateful im still here, i got a family, i havent made my own, but i gotta teach my lil brothers the ropes, u dont wanna miss anything out...ive seen a couple homies get locked up n hit with hard bids, seen moms cryin cuz they're son jus got smoked n when u think about it, u realise they aint commin back....this aint the matrix,it aint no video game, when u lose in the game of life, thats it, ITS A WRAP.....

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » January 1st, 2007, 5:57 pm

Really? How about I challenge you to a fight, you act all tough and approach me.

I pull out a switch blade or a machete. And I stab or hack you to death.

Was all that ego/bravado worth it?
YOu never know what someone is carrying nowadays my friend.

Think beyond the fist.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 1st, 2007, 11:02 pm

it depends sometimes i don like'em big crowds
coz crowds got the snitches the talk alot ass niggaz,
the people who instigate it into somethin bigga,
sometimes niggaz who kno they olda brotha's in some mob shit, they like to F*** with otha niggaz jst fo the hell of it or coz they can, its not b*tch but backin away from them coz sometimes its a smarter move,

my pops use to be on that black man shit too, he told me to handle my bizness everytime someone touches me or my family, he gave me green light to woup anybody ass if they fck with my lil brotha, i ain backin away no how no matter even if a nigga john gotti

i don like getin to fights no more coz i ain no gangsta i admit i worry sometimes bout my life coz niggaz trigger happy, n im tired of lookin ova my shoulda n peepin aroun corners man,

teens these days crazy they don giv a fuck bout the next man,if people born in the 80's were crack babies, these niggaz these days is heroin mathain coke weed babies they weak cant fite always callin otha niggaz ...got 9 homies on speed dail pussy ass niggaz...throw the guns and come fight

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 2nd, 2007, 12:26 am

George wrote:
Really? How about I challenge you to a fight, you act all tough and approach me.

You never know what someone is carrying nowadays my friend.

Think beyond the fist.

kno the situation you gettin into, nigga i been stabbed before, gutted like a fuckin fish by some sur's and that was my fault nigga, i was drunk and high on pcp throwin up gang signs by myself not givin a fuck about nobody, not readin the situation when the situation was gettin critical, them eses got dealt with tho and ima leave it at that, and I aint never been stabbed since and i never will...

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » January 2nd, 2007, 12:27 pm

BlaKK wrote:
George wrote:

You never know what someone is carrying nowadays my friend.

Think beyond the fist.

kno the situation you gettin into, nigga i been stabbed before, gutted like a fuckin fish by some sur's and that was my fault nigga, i was drunk and high on pcp throwin up gang signs by myself not givin a fu-- about nobody, not readin the situation when the situation was gettin critical, them eses got dealt with tho and ima leave it at that, and I aint never been stabbed since and i never will...
Stay safe homie.

Lol it sounds like I am giving you safe sex advice tee hee :P

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 2nd, 2007, 12:33 pm

[quote="George"]No I would not consider myself a punk. I got a daughter now and need to focus on raising her properly. Too many kids without fathers nowadays. Due to either their father's being locked up in jail, killed over some bs, or simply because the fathers are pricks with lack of responsability.[/quote]

thats the truth right there dog

shaun_zach
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by shaun_zach » January 4th, 2007, 8:48 am

No I don't think that I would be a punk for walkin away. Hell I'm livin to see another day. A lot of you guys make some great points and are speakin some real thruth. As a child you act and have child like ways but once you become a man you are suppose to put chilish things away. Some battles are not worth fighting. I agree 100% when it comes to protecting oneself and family, but that petty BS.....man miss me with that. I have no time to feed another's ego or pride, especially over some pointless ass shit. When a person has matured mentally, emotionally and spiritually one tends to think of the what ifs and look beyond the now and see the future and know that walkin away is the best solution. I would walk away but never with my back turned because mofos are sneaky now a days, if they can get you straight up they will go for the sucka punch. To all those that feel like they are a punk for walkin away I give you many blessings and hope that you live to fight again.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 4th, 2007, 6:39 pm

if u think ur a punk for walkin away that mean ur insecure bout who u are

id give a fuck who call me a punk

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » January 15th, 2007, 1:04 am

whats youre defination of the word punk.