Hyphy in San Jose

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Hyphy in San Jose

Unread post by ~J~ » December 27th, 2006, 3:39 am

For the Homeboys/Chicanos in San Jo area, where do you stand as far as the Hyphy movement here. check this look:

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/vi ... b71e0a0fcc

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 27th, 2006, 4:07 am

The fuck is the hyphy movement nigga, that some e40 shit?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » December 27th, 2006, 5:34 pm

F-that ish....

BabyHorus
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BabyHorus » December 27th, 2006, 6:46 pm

BlaKK wrote:The fu-- is the hyphy movement nigga, that some e40 shit?
It's a lifestyle in Oakland. Go to the town and ask about it, E-40 is from Vallejo..

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » December 27th, 2006, 7:45 pm

Blakk... BadyHorus is right. I believe Hyphy started in East Oakland. As far as I understand it, Hyphy is a way of life. Just letting yourself go and vibing to whatever your listening to. That's where the saying: "Go Stupid" ("Go Dumb" Mac Dre popularized I believe.) and "Yellow Bus" is popular with. People outside Northern California don't give the Bay Area enough credit. These brothers are some trendsetters. One great sample is Too Short popularlizing the word Bit*hhh!!!, not to mention E-40 many trendsetting words, too many to count. Bay Area is networking together. Black... Brown don't matter. Keep a look out, things are getting hot!!

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » December 27th, 2006, 8:11 pm

im down with all that coz i love oakland, but that hyphy shit look kinda dumb sometimes i mean mac dre made it look smooth and cool coz its mac dre but now days god damn niggaz be goin way too dumb makin outa towners think oakland isnt wat its made up to be,

that thizz shit is makin niggaz burn they head with E pills

mac dre, spice 1 all 'em niggaz ain from oakland but if u from the east coast, vallejo, marin,hayward basicly half the alameda county is oakland to other people

funk on site
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by funk on site » December 27th, 2006, 8:59 pm

im down with all that coz i love oakland, but that hyphy shit look kinda dumb sometimes i mean mac dre made it look smooth and cool coz its mac dre but now days god damn niggaz be goin way too dumb makin outa towners think oakland isnt wat its made up to be,
real talk

mac dre, spice 1 all 'em niggaz ain from oakland but if u from the east coast, vallejo, marin,hayward basicly half the alameda county is oakland to other people
yeah cats from NY don't know the difference

BabyHorus
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BabyHorus » December 27th, 2006, 9:04 pm

This is what hyphy is.. You'll never see E-40 doing no dumb shit like this..

http://www.filecabi.net/video/oakland256.html

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » December 27th, 2006, 10:17 pm

I've seen some missed up stuff but damm! Blacks & Mexicans reck stuff up together out there. Probably East Oakland? Damm fools! alway... outsiders... beware!!

BabyHorus
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BabyHorus » December 27th, 2006, 10:56 pm

~J~ wrote:I've seen some missed up stuff but damm! Blacks & Mexicans reck stuff up together out there. Probably East Oakland? Damm fools! alway... outsiders... beware!!
Yea, that was the aftermath of an east oakland sideshow..

juge_69

Unread post by juge_69 » December 29th, 2006, 5:39 am

all it takes is someone with a chop, that shit would be all over!

areefce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by areefce » December 29th, 2006, 10:42 am

how in the f ck are these guys getting away with this shit with out getting shot or stabbed???

style
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by style » December 31st, 2006, 9:13 pm

areefce wrote:how in the f ck are these guys getting away with this shit with out getting shot or stabbed???
yeah that's what i was thinking too. I always thought most people rode through east o strapped up, especially on a weekend sydeshow night.

oldsschool666

Unread post by oldsschool666 » January 1st, 2007, 7:17 pm

acting like f--kin animals..drivers should of ran those idiots over

BabyHorus
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BabyHorus » January 1st, 2007, 9:03 pm

style wrote:
areefce wrote:how in the f ck are these guys getting away with this shit with out getting shot or stabbed???
yeah that's what i was thinking too. I always thought most people rode through east o strapped up, especially on a weekend sydeshow night.
Most of the niggas strapped up are the same niggas doing the trashing.. Real recognize real, but at the end of the day there have been a few altercations that I've heard about, but nothing that can really stop these niggas other than police enforcement. Too many niggas, you come out bussin you'll end up with a multiple homicide case or just dead. Me personally I'd just run niggas over, it's happened before, to a female to be specific.

funk on site
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by funk on site » January 2nd, 2007, 2:56 am

there wuz no where fo some of them cars to go, there wuz a car right in front of em they couldnt go nowhere, that shit happened out in vallejo at the liqour store on sonoma blvd. , niggaz tried to get all hyphy and rush a car, the nigga in the car opened up on them niggaz and started dumpin, thats how dubee got hit in the side and that 17 year ol fool got lit up too ended up in the hospital

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Jo

Unread post by Jupebox » January 12th, 2007, 5:37 pm

its crazy.the whole San Jo Bay Area movement,I can remember when Niggas from San Jo use to hate the Bay Area and the Bay use to hate San Jo.......its funny how music can change people,I aint really feeling the whole hypy siht tho...but more power to the next man that is...

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » January 12th, 2007, 7:51 pm

Jupebox wrote:its crazy.the whole San Jo Bay Area movement,I can remember when Niggas from San Jo use to hate the Bay Area and the Bay use to hate San Jo.......its funny how music can change people,I aint really feeling the whole hypy siht tho...but more power to the next man that is...
Yeah, me neither. Just about everything I know about it... is because of my bro. & his friends. But like you said "more power to the next man on that...

San Jo & Frisco Chicanos/Nortenos didn't always get alone at one time or another. Some SF Chicanos/Nortenos would come down on crusing nights & talk mess. I didn't know SJ Brothas had misgiving for brothas up north? with the expection of EPA you mentioned before. I guess, it's no different for the Brothas.

The way I see it... San Jo/South Bay has always been disconnected with the rest of the Bay Area up North. Probably among others reasons: because of... geography, SJ is like Valley Cities in Nor-Cal like Salinas, Modesto, Stockton etc... more Mexican influence. I guess, Hyphy/Rap has been connecting SJ to some extent to the Bay up North, but not totally...

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 12th, 2007, 8:48 pm

how is brotha's in oakland they doin that hyphy shit still

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jupebox » January 14th, 2007, 10:02 am

Mcminister wrote:how is brotha's in oakland they doin that hyphy shit still
thats where in shit comes from....

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » March 24th, 2008, 12:34 pm

typical lifestyle in oak town

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » March 24th, 2008, 6:26 pm

The whole Hyphy movement is dead from what I understand, KMEL contributed to it, not supporting Bay Area artists after a time and among other reasons. The Bay Area has had it hard in this Rap thing, yet alotta sayings and trends are/were used by other Rappers from other regionals with their little twist on it, go figure..

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Hyphy in San Jose

Unread post by Jupebox » September 28th, 2008, 9:24 pm

San Jo needs to do San Jo end of story,we went from the only City in the Bay that bangs over colors,Lowrideing,San Jose Blues shopping and Oldie and Old School thumping too a bunch of dumb dumbs thats begging the rest of the Bay too take us under their wing,the Hyphy Moo is Boo Boo!!!Keep it 408% Oringinal San Jo House of Pizza eating 408 raised Ridaahhh!!!!

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » September 30th, 2008, 1:35 pm

Jupebox wrote:San Jo needs to do San Jo end of story,we went from the only City in the Bay that bangs over colors,Lowrideing,San Jose Blues shopping and Oldie and Old School thumping too a bunch of dumb dumbs thats begging the rest of the Bay too take us under their wing,the Hyphy Moo is Boo Boo!!!Keep it 408% Oringinal San Jo House of Pizza eating 408 raised Ridaahhh!!!!
Welcome back man. ah, the days of old ^ you're right, the youngsters need to get off the Oakland/SF bangwagon and do the 408 thing, but the Bay influence is hitting the San Jo streets harder by the year. what to do? damn, how I long for those days.

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jupebox » September 30th, 2008, 3:54 pm

~J~ wrote:
Jupebox wrote:San Jo needs to do San Jo end of story,we went from the only City in the Bay that bangs over colors,Lowrideing,San Jose Blues shopping and Oldie and Old School thumping too a bunch of dumb dumbs thats begging the rest of the Bay too take us under their wing,the Hyphy Moo is Boo Boo!!!Keep it 408% Oringinal San Jo House of Pizza eating 408 raised Ridaahhh!!!!
Welcome back man. ah, the days of old ^ you're right, the youngsters need to get off the Oakland/SF bangwagon and do the 408 thing, but the Bay influence is hitting the San Jo streets harder by the year. what to do? damn, how I long for those days.
Yea San Jo doesn't feel like it use too huh?Shit the Flea Market even feels different......Everyeverybody looks so fuckin CUTE now!I dont know about the rest but it still keep a pair of House Shoses on Deck!!Lol.....Yea do thay still have "Hammer n Lewis" downtown?Last time I checked the one on the E/S was still there.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 30th, 2008, 4:31 pm

Jupebox wrote:
~J~ wrote:
Yea San Jo doesn't feel like it use too huh?Shit the Flea Market even feels different......Everyeverybody looks so fuckin CUTE now!I dont know about the rest but it still keep a pair of House Shoses on Deck!!Lol.....Yea do thay still have "Hammer n Lewis" downtown?Last time I checked the one on the E/S was still there.
I think they still do have the 1 dt. What happened to you? I thought you dissappeared for good. Haha I still see house shoes. SJ definately is different, but it's still SJ.

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jupebox » September 30th, 2008, 4:42 pm

Ah whats crackin homie?Shit just chillin up here in Sac now where the rents cheaper and the Summer hotter!!(too fuckin hot!!)You know how it goes in the game of life ups and downs eveything is straight now.Hay who runs the Board now?Somebody did somethin to my VIP status I've sent old girl a PM put she aint got back to me and let me know whats the happs.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » September 30th, 2008, 9:00 pm

You should send to Alonso

He'll hook it back up eventually

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 30th, 2008, 11:18 pm

I lost my VIP too, but I don't think I ever got it back. Guess Alonso didn't like some post/s I had made.

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jupebox » October 1st, 2008, 12:58 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:I lost my VIP too, but I don't think I ever got it back. Guess Alonso didn't like some post/s I had made.
Likes and dislikes huh...

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » October 1st, 2008, 9:11 am

I can't picture that

I mean I know personally the types of contributions you make are top notch. Shit I can't call it

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jupebox » October 1st, 2008, 10:35 am

Cold Bear wrote:I can't picture that

I mean I know personally the types of contributions you make are top notch. Shit I can't call it
I guess they changed the board not to long ago and it changed some people status?