Southern Lawmaker says “Get over slavery”

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » January 19th, 2007, 5:32 pm

A state legislator said black people “should get over” slavery and questioned whether Jews should apologize “for killing Christ,” drawing denunciations Tuesday from stunned colleagues.

Del. Frank D. Hargrove, 79, made his remarks in opposition to a measure that would apologize on the state’s behalf to the descendants of slaves.

n an interview published Tuesday in The Daily Progress of Charlottesville, Hargrove said slavery ended nearly 140 years ago with the Civil War and added that “our black citizens should get over it.”

The newspaper also quoted him as saying, “are we going to force the Jews to apologize for killing Christ?”
Black lawmakers swiftly denounced Hargrove’s comments.

“When somebody tells me I should just get over slavery, I can only express my emotion by projecting that I am appalled, absolutely appalled,” said Del. Dwight C. Jones, head of the Legislative Black Caucus.

Del. David L. Englin also criticized Hargrove’s remarks, recalling that his grandparents were driven from their homes in Poland “by people who believed that as Jews, we killed Christ.”

When Hargrove rose to speak, he told Englin he didn’t care about Englin’s religion. “I think your skin was a little too thin,” Hargrove said as lawmakers gasped and groaned.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 19th, 2007, 6:19 pm

they dont give a fuck, as long as they see it they won fuck it. But if they get they assess blown up, then we here "we will never forget 9/11. The terrorists must pay, the islamist must pay!" Can't run away from the past, it's gone get ya if you never settled it.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » January 19th, 2007, 8:35 pm

perongregory wrote:But if they get they assess blown up, then we here "we will never forget 9/11. The terrorists must pay, the islamist must pay!"
Got damit brutha, that's a good a good example right there! The blatant double standard is so clear, but once again so many just can't accept this truth.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Southern Lawmaker says “Get over slavery”

Unread post by 'X' » January 19th, 2007, 8:37 pm

Del. Frank D. Hargrove

blue42
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blue42 » January 19th, 2007, 9:00 pm

muthafukkk that fool for real

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 19th, 2007, 9:25 pm

That old man is probably closet KKK

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » January 19th, 2007, 11:24 pm

'X' wrote:
perongregory wrote:But if they get they assess blown up, then we here "we will never forget 9/11. The terrorists must pay, the islamist must pay!"
Got damit brutha, that's a good a good example right there! The blatant double standard is so clear, but once again so many just can't accept this truth.
:idea: :!:

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 19th, 2007, 11:32 pm

what do you want to see happen to black people for slavery? do you want money, an apology, what would you like to see happen?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » January 19th, 2007, 11:42 pm

perongregory wrote:"we will never forget 9/11. "
I didnt even think about that....

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 19th, 2007, 11:46 pm

A Ghost wrote:
And think about it...what if blacks in this country mobilized like America under Bush to destroy "Racism", and "bigotry", and "prejudice", and hurt those who were guilty of harboring those who are purveyors of that crime. Blacks would be called blood thirsty, racist monsters themselves. But if it is a mianly white idea, with some good propaganda behind it, it's all good. So what thousands of innocents are dying over our agenda, it's collateral damage.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » January 20th, 2007, 12:12 am

se11 wrote:what do you want to see happen to black people for slavery? do you want money, an apology, what would you like to see happen?
all of the above and a one way ticket up out

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » January 20th, 2007, 12:15 am

perongregory wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
And think about it...what if blacks in this country mobilized like America under Bush to destroy "Racism", and "bigotry", and "prejudice", and hurt those who were guilty of harboring those who are purveyors of that crime. Blacks would be called blood thirsty, racist monsters themselves. But if it is a mianly white idea, with some good propaganda behind it, it's all good. So what thousands of innocents are dying over our agenda, it's collateral damage.
I've always been anti-racism. Anyone Ive ever met that is racist or had said racial things, I told them how I felt about it.

Some listened, others didnt.

I know there is an unequal distribution of wealth coupled with a disproportionate criminal justice system and institutionalized racism.

Its only a matter of time before the ones on the bottom cant take it anymore and the whole thing boils over and something major happens.

However what happens if 1 person sympathetic to equality that isnt black gets hurt?

What if no one knew that person was sympathetic?

Is that collateral damage?

I dont know, Im sick of race in general

Im sick of all the BS

People fighting over color? Its retarded

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » January 20th, 2007, 12:22 am

^^true, im sick of it too. what's amusing is that, if people aren't fightin over race they will fight over something else.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 20th, 2007, 12:26 am

A Ghost wrote:
perongregory wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
I've always been anti-racism. Anyone Ive ever met that is racist or had said racial things, I told them how I felt about it.

Some listened, others didnt.

I know there is an unequal distribution of wealth coupled with a disproportionate criminal justice system and institutionalized racism.

Its only a matter of time before the ones on the bottom cant take it anymore and the whole thing boils over and something major happens.

However what happens if 1 person sympathetic to equality that isnt black gets hurt?

What if no one knew that person was sympathetic?

Is that collateral damage?

I dont know, Im sick of race in general

Im sick of all the BS

People fighting over color? Its retarded
Well people in power need fighting to maintain there power and to gain more power, and ignorant people need an ignorant reason to fight.

As for as your first few questions...I guess it is collateral damage, because that person wasn't actively fighting on one side and we dont know there allegiance, just as we don't know if those Iraqui civillians we killed were sympathetic to us are not, they are dead and gone.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » January 20th, 2007, 12:29 am

As for as your first few questions...I guess it is collateral damage, because that person wasn't actively fighting on one side and we dont know there allegiance, just as we don't know if those Iraqui civillians we killed were sympathetic to us are not, they are dead and gone.
You saying this is acceptable? killing of civillians whether sympathetic to you or not, is not acceptable.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » January 20th, 2007, 12:39 am

frozen fire wrote:^^true, im sick of it too. what's amusing is that, if people aren't fightin over race they will fight over something else.
Thats human nature.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 20th, 2007, 1:03 am

frozen fire wrote:
You saying this is acceptable? killing of civillians whether sympathetic to you or not, is not acceptable.
I'm saying technically I guess it is collateral damage if we base it on how America operates in Iraq. I'm not endorsing civ. death.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » January 20th, 2007, 1:33 am

I've heard people talk about an impending race war thats immenent and all that, and to me its stupid.

I dont think its gonna happen, but you should never say never, so if anything did ever happen you can believe Im running for Canada

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » January 20th, 2007, 1:48 am

A Ghost wrote:I've heard people talk about an impending race war thats immenent and all that, and to me its stupid.

I dont think its gonna happen,
Theres a lot more interracial mixing going on now than there was a long time ago.

Ive heard comedians joke about Blacks and Whites as being like a couple.

They live together, but they are always fighting, like husband and wife.....

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » January 20th, 2007, 2:30 am

frozen fire wrote:
'X' wrote:
:idea: :!:

real shit.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 20th, 2007, 2:56 am

A state legislator said black people “should get over” slavery

20 replies? Why the need to act all flabbergasted? The man is white, the fuck you expect?

Black Top
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Black Top » January 20th, 2007, 8:10 am

even though i wasn't born at the time? i aint forgettin slavery - 60's. my grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles and whoever else were around during the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's. these folks are blood! and you tellin me to get over it? fuck you!!!! and perongregory aint never lied. it's ok for them ( government, racist ass whites ) not to forget on things, but it's a problem when someone else doesnt want too.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 20th, 2007, 9:56 am

SAINTJAYMES wrote:
se11 wrote:what do you want to see happen to black people for slavery? do you want money, an apology, what would you like to see happen?
do you think every black person in america wants to leave?

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » January 20th, 2007, 9:58 am

Black Top wrote:even though i wasn't born at the time? i aint forgettin slavery - 60's. my grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles and whoever else were around during the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's. these folks are blood! and you tellin me to get over it? fu-- you!!!! and perongregory aint never lied. it's ok for them ( government, racist ass whites ) not to forget on things, but it's a problem when someone else doesnt want too.
See this guy hs got it down, (racist ass whites)

Thank you

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » January 20th, 2007, 10:38 am

se11 wrote:
SAINTJAYMES wrote:
do you think every black person in america wants to leave?
no i dont i think every black person wants to leave there are many slaves that will perish with the slave master

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 20th, 2007, 12:06 pm

so basically, you hate on black people that can live with white people because they dont feel the same way as you on the issue?

madmiddle
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by madmiddle » January 20th, 2007, 6:33 pm

Cant wait til that old bitch dies.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » January 20th, 2007, 6:55 pm

se11 wrote:so basically, you hate on black people that can live with white people because they dont feel the same way as you on the issue?
WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT I DONT HATE ON NO ONE ........

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 20th, 2007, 8:03 pm

will perish with the slave master
what does that mean?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 20th, 2007, 8:45 pm

'X' wrote:Southern Lawmaker says “Get over slavery”
A state legislator said black people “should get over” slavery and questioned whether Jews should apologize “for killing Christ,”
I believe he should ask whether Romans should apologize for "killing Christ."

And that's if your non-Christian. If you are Christian you would believe that Jesus clearly gave up his own life, which we are ALL responsible for.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » January 20th, 2007, 9:01 pm

The more they want us to forget, the more we should bring it up for discussion and remembrance. This is why we should support music and movies the raise the subject.

Do you see how quickly the era of the late 80's and early 90's was dismissed, because Spike Lee was making movies that MADE is talk. Public Enemy, X-Klan, and Paris, among others, was making music that gave us no choice but to THINK!!!

As they were all pushing a message to "Fight the Power", we were suddenly inundated with music and movies that encouraged us to kill each other. Anybody who thinks that shit was an accident is sleep-walking through life.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » January 20th, 2007, 9:53 pm

'X' wrote:

Del. Frank D. Hargrove
The guy next to him is his interpretor when he doesn't have his teeth in.