Koreans vs. Vietnamese in OC

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
e
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Koreans vs. Vietnamese in OC

Unread post by e » February 22nd, 2004, 10:47 am

Does anyone know how the rivalry between Koreans in Garden Grove and Vietnamese in Westminster started? Was it just a culture clash, city pride thing, historical thing, etc.? And did it start in prison or on the streets?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Koreans vs. Vietnamese in OC

Unread post by bgcasper » February 22nd, 2004, 12:33 pm

IT STARTED WHEN THE KOREAN CAME TO VIET NAM IN THE 70'S TO ''FIGHT'' THE COMUNISM WITH THE GRINGOS THEY END UP TREATING VIET NAMESE POEPLE LIKE DOGS TORTURING THEM AND RAPING THE GIRLS THEY ACTED LIKE THEY WAS THE ASIAN ARYANZ .......

e
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by e » February 22nd, 2004, 12:43 pm

Yeah I heard about the Korean soldiers in the Vietnam War. But I don't know about the soldiers acting that way because they thought they were asian aryans. That war made a lot of asian, white, black, latinos do some crazy shyt. But anyway, so the rivalry between Koreans and Vietnamese in Orange County started because of the historical thing?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » February 22nd, 2004, 12:49 pm

BASICELY IN VIET NAM HISTORY THEY NEVER GOT INVOLVED WITH KOREA THEY MOSTLY HAD BIG BEEF WITH THE CHINEESE AND CAMBOGIAN THE VIET NAMESE PEOPLE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD STOP AND DEFEAT GENGIS KHAN ....IT SARTED AFTER THE VIET NAM WAR THEY STARTED TO HATE EACH OTHERS A BIT LIKE THE CHINESE AND JAPANESE ....

e
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by e » February 22nd, 2004, 3:16 pm

Korea didn't get involved in the Vietnam War because they hated Vietnamese. The Korean gov't sent soldiers to Vietnam because they felt they had an obligation to America because of the Korean War.
<-- That's from my roomate who's Korean. I'm staying out of this one 'cause historical debates can go on forever.

But I read that Panik and Wcrockets knew some Koreans and Vietnamese in Orange County. Can you guys verify that it's a historical beef?

And what were the main gangs involved in the rivalry during the 80s and 90s. The ones I heard of are V-Boyz (Vietnamese), Cheap Boys (Vietnamese), G.G. Boys (Korean), and Korean Crazy Dogs.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » February 23rd, 2004, 8:36 pm

bgcasper is right on the historical beef...but Asians have always had beef because of wars. the Korean/Vietnamese beef is not as bad as the Korean/Japanese beef in terms of a society as whole. though Korea and Japan have close relations now, there is always animosity (more on the Koreans side) towards each other. but...that has almost nothin' to do with the beef on the streets...

in the states, Koreans tend to stick with Koreans whereas Vietnamese and other Asian races tend to do the same...in a general sense...

now the beef between Vietnamese and Koreans in OC is prolly nothin' more than a pride thing...with some racial and territorial ties as well.

and e is pretty much right on the rivalry thing...Cheap Boys and Vboyz were some of the main Vietnamese gangs, and GG Boys and KCD were some of the main Korean ones...KCD is pretty much inactive as of late. other notable Korean gangs in OC are FMS (Family Mobsters) who have close ties to GG Boys i believe

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by never die inside » February 24th, 2004, 3:51 am

Man... wut a stupid thread.

Man, for all the Vietnamese out there, bangers or not, Korean high schoolers in the 90's sent out thousands of letters to Vietnamese school children apologizing for the war. If you do not believe me, please ask native vietnamese in vietnam today. The Korean schoolchildren have a lot of guilt about it from history cus Korea and Vietnam have such similar history ya kno?

And I have know some Viets and Koreans that bang together on WC all three LA sets, and there was a coupla OG Viets out in Ktown CYS way back in the day.

Anyways peace.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » February 24th, 2004, 5:57 am

Saddam wrote:Man... wut a stupid thread.

Man, for all the Vietnamese out there, bangers or not, Korean high schoolers in the 90's sent out thousands of letters to Vietnamese school children apologizing for the war. If you do not believe me, please ask native vietnamese in vietnam today. The Korean schoolchildren have a lot of guilt about it from history cus Korea and Vietnam have such similar history ya kno?

And I have know some Viets and Koreans that bang together on WC all three LA sets, and there was a coupla OG Viets out in Ktown CYS way back in the day.

Anyways peace.

i believe the korean children may have sent out all them letters but I DONT BELIEVE it was outta their own guilt. maybe the adults had them send them and maybe the adults had a guilt trip behind what happened...

why you saying this is a stupid thread? thats what this site is all about, gaining knowledge. whats up, you think you have more knowledge on this subject than anybody else? if the man wants to find out something it AINT your job to go knocking his thread brother!

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » February 24th, 2004, 8:13 am

THE GOVERNOR AND THE WHITE KIDS OF ALABAMA CAN SEND ALL THE LETTERS THEY WANT TO US IT WILL NEVER ERASE THE SLAVE TRADE AND ALL THE SHYT THEY DID IN THE PAST ...I DONT THINK VIETNAMESE PEOPLE WHO GOT THEIR LOVED ONE KILLED AND RAPED GAVE A FUCCH ABOUT THOSE FUNKY LETTERS

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » February 24th, 2004, 2:13 pm

bgCasper is right...letters will not make you forget the past...ya think the Koreans were hard of Vietnamese people? Koreans had it just as hard to when the Japanese invaded Korea

ya ever hear of "comfort women"? these were Korean women who were basically taken from their homes and put on military bases to basically tend to the Japanese soldiers needs whenever they felt like it...and these were young girls...no older than junior high/early high skoo.

my parents were both born in North Korea (before there was a split in North and South), but fled to the South before the war happened.

my producer's mom grew up durin' the war. she told me she'd see women lyin' around naked, raped, and dead. her meal was a piece of gum that she chewed for two weeks...that was all she ate for weeks.

the Japanese, not too long ago sent out condolences and apologies to the women who were "comfort women"...but that shit ain't gonna change what happened to them...

each Asian race, matter of fact, each nationality and race period has suffered some kind of tragic period where they were treated lower than animals...Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc...

just shows how savage humans can be...

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » February 24th, 2004, 2:32 pm

from my experience when I was younger, I never really saw any korean - viet beef. And to tell you the truth, I never heard of GG boys or the other korean one mentioned. I know there were some koreans from WC, and I knew a korean from Hellside, but any korean gangs I ever heard of or met were from LA. I never even knew there was an OC Korean gang. I always say viet vs. viet, viet vs. laos, and flip vs. all asians.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » February 24th, 2004, 7:20 pm

GG Boys, FMS, etc have only been around since the 90's...mid 90's i'm guessin' at the earliest.

they all have ties with LA sets...the head of GG Boys was one of the most known heads from a Korean set in LA...and FMS has the same "hyungs" as LA sets as well...so they are all tied...you prolly haven't heard of any OC sets because they are new. all the sets you prolly chilled with back in LA are either gone or very inactive...there's a whole new generation poppin' up...totally different world and time...

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » February 24th, 2004, 10:14 pm

There could be another whole thread about what the Japanese did in WWII. They pounced every Asian race, spit on everyone's homeland and had their way with the women and countries. At this time, the Japanese have formally apologized to everyone except the Phillippines. They basically did the same, murdered innocent children, women, pregnant women, pigs, men, birds, cows, traitors...basically anybody they felt were resistant to them being in the Phillippines during the war. They fought Americans on the islands, and slaughtered all the filipinos. They raped and pillaged many villages, and to this day, there are filipinos wondering what they did to deserve the cruelty dealt to them during the war. Not to bash on the Japanese, but they did some dirt during war time. Now that is much more real than any street gang battle. We are talking about generations of people having ill feelings towards an entire race.

And bgCasper is right, nobody will feel better with letters. When it comes to pride amongst a lot of people, some things just don't get left alone I guess. I don't know what closure would be, revenge or forgiveness?

Anyhow, I'm no jew to keep throwing the holocaust up in your face. I never experienced the war, but my grandfathers all fought and served for the US. My only living grandfather still be talking stuff about the Japanese in his war stories.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » February 24th, 2004, 11:18 pm

forgive my "harsh and blunt" comparison but Japan was to Asia what Germany was to Europe back then...

Korea used to be spelled with a "C", but Japan changed it so that they could come before us (J before K in alphabet)...there is also controversy on how Japan has a food identical to "kimchee", but call it theirs and all that stuff on Taekwondo and Karate...

but yeah...the past is the past...i got Japanese homies and they chill as hell...i don't let the past judge my future

InterestedGuy

Unread post by InterestedGuy » February 25th, 2004, 3:06 am

http://www.philippinestoday.net/October ... rticle.htm

http://www.ops.gov.ph/japanvisit/speeches.htm

Just some links I saw.

I like the way you guys think Dusty and Kicker. You two have a lot of knowledge about history, yet have enlightenment, openness, and tolerance that others here do not.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » February 25th, 2004, 4:31 am

I HAD A HOME BOY THAT WAS COREAN AND HE DID TELL ME THAT IT COREAN WAS SUPPOSE TO BE SPELLED WITH A "C" INSTEAD A "K" DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS THE REASON. THIS stuff IS DEEPER THEN I THOUGHT.

GWUN TWO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by GWUN TWO » February 26th, 2004, 3:38 pm

^^^Supposedly the japanese changed Corea to Korea because they wanted to feel superior by comin before Corea in the alphabet.. i also heard that now that it is changed to Corea now but rarely used.

e
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by e » February 27th, 2004, 10:22 pm

Panik,

A coworker of mine told me that koreans and viets from OC don't like each other in prison so I thought it might be even deeper on the streets but maybe not. But I'm curious what you've heard about laos vs. viet and pinoy vs. other asians. I always thought most laos were up north or in SD and I haven't heard of filipinos having a deep rivalry w/ other asians, at least on the gang level. I think the only one I've heard of is VFL vs. a pinoy gang in Gardena and pinoys vs. samoans in Carson, although samoans are Pacific Islanders not asian.

Saddam,

That's cool that the Koreans and Viets you know get along but some don't, just like SOME people of all races don't get along with some others. It's sad but that's how it is. This is what I heard about the situation in OC but maybe it's not as deep as I heard, which is good.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » February 28th, 2004, 2:04 am

Koreans and Viets don't get along in the penn. my homegirl's ex was from BD. when he was in the penn, he was grouped with Viets and the cell next to them was Korean. they used to throw shit at each other and had all this animosity

and yeah...in 310 area, it was VFL and Gardena Hellside back in the days. Dusty can prolly explain more on that since it was prolly around his time of bangin'...

and the Samoans against Pinoys was real hot a year or two ago. it started when a Pinoy head whooped a Samoan at the Taco Bell across Carson High. then, the Samoans basically went after all the Pinoys, hittin' anyone up to see if they were from RPB or OG...even the RPB heads stopped wearin' they flammed colors and some even stopped goin' to skoo for a while. i dunno if the beef still exists though...

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 1st, 2004, 8:34 am

Well, like I said before, I been out of that scene for over 10 years, but back in the day I remember laos family pretty much didn't get along with anyone out here. As for the pinoy gangs, down here they just always acted more like black gangs, usually blood affiliated, and most other asians were just on an asian thing, and I don't think they approved of them tryin to be black.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » March 2nd, 2004, 11:22 am

Some veteranos laugh at the youngsters with all their color-line affiliations. You are probably talking about that AKP or something. A lot of the post-1995 pinoy gangs took color affiliations, but their fighting was nothing compared to the 80's Pinoy Gang wars in the LOS or the 1990-95 Pinoy Gang wars. Plus they didn't get cultured from an older set, they started their own and ran with it. Either way, the old must make way for the new regardless. There are only a few hoods out there still maintaining peewees. We generally don't like to hold our peewees hands, we enforce and lead by example.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 2nd, 2004, 11:35 am

actually, I'm talking late 80's early 90's. Before AKP was around, they just continued the trend with the rich kids in south county. I remmber back when I was in highschool like in 90, 91, 92 most of the filipinos I ever ran into was always in khakis and raiders gear, talkin "nigga this, nigga that" and most were bloods. I even used to see some that sported cornrows, and I saw a few that no lie had their shi- jheri curled. They just never really seemed like full asian gangsters, they were more like the black gangs always down here.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » March 2nd, 2004, 11:42 am

I'll have to give you the benefit of the doubt. Every time we kicked it in OC, it was on with all those viet gangs down there and a lot of the suburban pinoy gangs too. Maybe those pinoys never really came out or something. I don't recall running into any OC pinoys acting black, claiming blood or crip. Most of them were WHITEBOYS in brown skin. You should see some of the pinoys that are ESE's, and yes the pinoys that are BLACK too. But they still pinoys to me.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 2nd, 2004, 11:50 am

from what I remember, the only traditional (not blood or crip) pinoy gangs that were ever out here was PR and LVM. I know there was STS in Cerritos, but I don't think they ever got a foothold in OC. I think the biggest set down here ever though was ABC who were bloods, I remember they were real deep when I was still in highschool in maybe 91 92 there were hundreds of them and they were based in Garden Grove. I haven't hear them mentioned for a long time though.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » March 2nd, 2004, 1:03 pm

Yup, I agree, also some MP13's out there too? Peace...

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » March 5th, 2004, 3:10 am

anyone remember nip 14 out in westminster

blah
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blah » March 12th, 2004, 10:25 pm

anyone know is koreans are beefing with viets in sj area??

in sf area, at least for me asians stick with other asians like koreans/chinese/viets. the only koreans that stick with other koreans are the fobs same with chinese

SneekyDuse
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SneekyDuse » March 13th, 2004, 3:34 am

^ different areas got different politics, especially between Northern California and Southern California ... and yeah shiit does go down in County and the Penn between Koreans and Viets, but some Flips, Khmers, Chinese didn't get along with them either, I ain't gonna lie they deep in there, the funny thing is alot of them aren't gang affilliated they get locked up for DUI, domestic abuse, etc. kinda like the Pisas

NH211
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NH211 » March 15th, 2004, 10:35 pm

oc got hella gangs but most of them diein out this generation
there used to be lotta
TR thy reth - thy and reth were homies then broke up and formed TRG
TRG tiny rascal gang gray and blue - split up into buncha gangs
DFJ dragon family juniorz
VL viet long
LBC lonely brothers crips - formed by a lil brother of VL
BT brothers together
CB cheap boyz - died out
KCB king cobra boyz
BTK born to kill
ABZ asian boyz
VBZ vboyz
WC wa ching
OB orange boyz
SUM straight up menace
they used to be hella deep in the 80's
straight up go out and hunt enemies all day
they all old now
new generation aint really bangin

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 16th, 2004, 9:14 am

Cheap Boys died out? I'm outta that scene, but they were the biggest asian gang in OC all through the 90's. Hard to believe they're gone. And I don't know what you're talking about the TR broker up and made TRG thing. My uncles used to have TRG's at their school in the early and mid 70's.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 16th, 2004, 10:20 am

They would go to war too back in the day.

NH211
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NH211 » March 18th, 2004, 10:19 pm

cheap boyz were enemies with everybody back in the day but they couldnt hold it
now everyone from cheap boyz is either behind bars or six feet deep
i heard bout theres still like one guy now but he lika crack head
TR did break up but they came back together and there was hella cliques came together
theres buncha TR TRG cliques and they all active
TRG even broke in ABZ too back in the day
TRG was posed to be the youngsters that wanted to juss grab chains and slang and shit
they said everyone wanna be down and kill and be all bout brotherhood go asian boyz
some old man at the coffee shop told me asian boyz used to be called asian brotherhood or something too back in the day