FOR EVERYONE IN A GANG OR THINKIN ABOUT JOINING A GANG

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

xplicit753
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

FOR EVERYONE IN A GANG OR THINKIN ABOUT JOINING A GANG

Unread post by xplicit753 » March 21st, 2004, 10:41 am

ALL YALL GOTTA DO IS WATCH A MOVIE LIKE "DEAD HOMIES" OR ANY OTHER GANG MOVIE THAT IS A DOCUMENTARY OR EVEN JUST A REGULAR MOVIE, AND THE REAL GANG MEMEBERS ON the MOVIE WILL KEEP SAYING "DONT BE IN A GANG!!, ITS WORTHLESS,ITS USELESS, IT GETS U NO WHERE IN LIFE" AND THEY WILL KEEP SAYING " IF YOUR IN A GANG, NO MATTER WHICH GANG, BLOODS,CRIPS, LATIN KINGS, VICE LORDS, GANGSTER DISCIPLE, DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO GET OUT AND MAKE MONEY IN A RESPECTFUL WAY, GO TO SCHOOL AND GET UR EDUCATION." AND I GARAUNTEE YOU EVERY SINGLE REAL GANG MEMBER WILL TELL YOU " IF I HAD A CHANCE TO GO back AND NOT BE INVOLVED IN ANY WAY IN GANGS, I DEFINETELY WOULD GO back!!" I ENCOURAGE EVERY ONE OF YOU, GANG MEMBER OR NOT, TO GO OUT AND RENT OR BUY the MOVIE "DEAD HOMIES" WHICH IS MORE IN DOCUMENTARY FORM, THAT HAS REAL GANG MEMBERS FROM the BIGGEST GANGS IN the WORLD, (THE CRIPS AND BLOODS), AND LISTEN VERY CLOSELY TO WUT THEY KEEP SAYING.

xplicit753
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: FOR EVERYONE IN A GANG OR THINKIN ABOUT JOINING A GANG

Unread post by xplicit753 » March 22nd, 2004, 10:40 am

not sure y ppl aint readin dis, id say its juss about the most important post up. IT CONCERNS US ALL!

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » March 22nd, 2004, 10:56 am

DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO GET OUT AND MAKE MONEY IN A RESPECTFUL WAY

It aint easy to get no job, a nigga done aplyed for every place in my area 2 or 3 times, and hella otha places all around the city and I aint never got a job. I aint sayin its impossable im just sayin I gotta do otha shit to make cheese fuck a respectful way if nobody wanna give me a chance

xplicit753
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by xplicit753 » March 22nd, 2004, 11:15 am

I hear u on that, I aint against hustlin juss to make money. Its wen killin come in to play. U feel me. Gotta mak that papa by hustlin. But hustlin usually dont cost niggaz lives.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » March 22nd, 2004, 11:50 am

^it depend on how deep ur hustle is

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 23rd, 2004, 2:58 am

There's always a way to get a job. It depends on how urgent you need one. Sometimes we have to take jobs that are less desirable just to keep the cash flowing until we get the job or career we really want.

You need to look at the current job market and trends before you go out there. Sometimes it may be worth your wild to go to a trade school to learn a skill which would make you more desirable and competative in the job market.

Hustling is low level employment with less guarantees. This mindset you should stay away from, because this has been done before.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » March 23rd, 2004, 3:06 am

ive applyed for all kinda jobs that are really less desirble. So what the fuck am I sposed to do, just sit around and not make no cheese.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 24th, 2004, 3:14 am

What you do is stay at it, and not give up. If it were all that easy everyone would be all over it. If you are having trouble finding a job on your own you need to seek out some help. I don't know what your present situation is. So I can't offer you any details right now. Here are some questions to start.

How old are you? Are you a H.S. graduate?

What is your skill level?

What have you done in the past?

Do you have a current resume? Is it impressive?

How often are you hitting the pavement?

Have you tried temp agencies (e.g. general labor)

If you get caught up in the hustling game, you may put yourself in a position where you are NOT easily employable.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 24th, 2004, 10:48 am

While if you live in SoCal and don't have a H.S. degree and can scrape up $250 then you can go into Victory High School and test out in a day for your H.S. Degree. It's not hard, I know homies that dropped out in the 6th grade that passed that test. Then you could go to your local Junior college and talk to an admission counselor and apply for grants and student loans and get a degree in something you like doing. The only problem is you have to have a place to live, food, and transpo money for the bus or gas if you have a ride.

I went the junior college route just like that and got a job then went onto the big college. It's like a ladder you climb up. Ain't easy though you need some help and commitment for sure. Take a couple years usually.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » March 24th, 2004, 12:16 pm

Common Sense wrote:What you do is stay at it, and not give up. If it were all that easy everyone would be all over it. If you are having trouble finding a job on your own you need to seek out some help. I don't know what your present situation is. So I can't offer you any details right now. Here are some questions to start.

If you get caught up in the hustling game, you may put yourself in a position where you are NOT easily employable.
Yes I am a high school graduate and I am 19 years old. I have computer programing skills and web design skills. I've worked for polo ralph lauren in beverly hills, I've worked for a webdesign company, run my own record label, and digital mastering company. I have a resume and I think it is pretty good. I go search for jobs everyday, I've tried tempory job places and never got a job, I did have 1 job once when I was living in south central at some place called Labor Ready on artestia. But I cant get out there anymore. I kno all the cautions of being in the hustle game but I been doin it for years and nothin happen so ima keep doin it till I get a real job. I might do this excell shit, any of yall heard of that? But I need 400 bucks to join.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 24th, 2004, 1:16 pm

You 1/2 way up the ladder already Mysonne! You getting close.

Umm.. like Microsoft Excel or do you mean an Excel job program? Personally, I think you should get your Associates Degree at a junior college if you have a place to stay.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » March 24th, 2004, 2:11 pm

nah u heard of that excell telecommunicatiosn place? There like mci, a*tt, etc but they use the word of mouth method. Everytime u get someone to sign up u get 200 bucks. And like everytime someone I got gets someone else I still make money of that and so on. And I could make money for gettin people to change there cell phone, dsl, long distance, etc to excell whioh is cheaper then most things. Its kinda like a pyramid but legal.

I was going to LACC but got kicked out when the busses went on strike and that kinda fucked up everything I was doing. I'm gonna start school back up in the summer I just gotta get a lot of stuff straight with my life and shit

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 24th, 2004, 2:49 pm

I hear you now on that Excell place. I've heard of them.

I got to break in and say that bus strike made me so mad. I can't even imagine how many people lost their jobs and places in school because of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you never see me put that many exclamations behind anything.. lol.

That should have been straight up illegal for that to happen. The only people it hurt was the day in and day out salt of the earth people making rent payments to the fat cat landlords and those going to school. I didn't read of one rich fat cat that lost HIS or HER job or place in college. Here we go again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.. I feel just a little better.

Anyways, it's not about me it's about you. That stink is finally over and your cleared to take off again and get back in this Summer. Go for it. Peace.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 24th, 2004, 4:14 pm

[quote="Mysonne
####Yes I am a high school graduate and I am 19 years old. I have computer programing skills and web design skills. I've worked for polo ralph lauren in beverly hills, I've worked for a webdesign company, run my own record label, and digital mastering company. I have a resume and I think it is pretty good. I go search for jobs everyday, I've tried tempory job places and never got a job, I did have 1 job once when I was living in south central at some place called Labor Ready on artestia. But I cant get out there anymore. I kno all the cautions of being in the hustle game but I been doin it for years and nothin happen so ima keep doin it till I get a real job. I might do this excell stuff, any of yall heard of that? But I need 400 bucks to join.####

Job searching in today's market is alot tougher than in the past. The key today is persistance and numbers. The one who is most persistant, professional and put in the numbers wins out. It sounds like you have a lot going for you and some skills from what I have read.

Join as many temp agencies as you can. Flood them all with your resume.

Have someone else look at your resume for a second opinion. Just to make sure you are not missing something.

Consider faxing and mailing your resume to as many jobs as possible instead of actually going to job to job. This will save you lot's of time, gas, and sometimes unnecessary effort.

Don't rule out JTPA (Job Training Partnership Act)
They will actually pay an employer to take you on staff. Look then up in the phone directory.

Don't rule out Man Power
Usual has urban employment programs. They have been around for years. Check local phone directory.

Voc Rehab on Wilshire.
You never know what these guys have. Worth giving them a call.

Getting back in Community College is a great idea. You can never go wrong by investing in yourself. Just be consistent.

CORRECTION ON MY PART:
I don't knock the hustle game as long as you are not being illegal about it.
You don't need to start off life with a record if you don't have one.

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » March 29th, 2004, 9:45 pm

Mysonne wrote:
Common Sense wrote:What you do is stay at it, and not give up. If it were all that easy everyone would be all over it. If you are having trouble finding a job on your own you need to seek out some help. I don't know what your present situation is. So I can't offer you any details right now. Here are some questions to start.

Yes I am a high school graduate and I am 19 years old. I have computer programing skills and web design skills. I've worked for polo ralph lauren in beverly hills, I've worked for a webdesign company, run my own record label, and digital mastering company. I have a resume and I think it is pretty good. I go search for jobs everyday, I've tried tempory job places and never got a job, I did have 1 job once when I was living in south central at some place called Labor Ready on artestia. But I cant get out there anymore. I kno all the cautions of being in the hustle game but I been doin it for years and nothin happen so ima keep doin it till I get a real job. I might do this excell stuff, any of yall heard of that? But I need 400 bucks to join.
Hey my mom worked at Labor Ready here in the WS of Louisville!Dude If you would have prob'ly liked it.You would have got payed some bills mayne!I claim "Hustler"too but I don't have a job yet!I've been wanting one for so long now!Excell?Are you talking about the job excell program?holla back cuzzin!

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » March 29th, 2004, 10:03 pm

see my post above about excell

and about the bus strike thang, yeah I remember at lacc my homie was tellin me there was only 4 or 5 people in all his classes