The RIP belief

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

The RIP belief

Unread post by wcrockets » March 26th, 2004, 11:25 am

While silly to those in the medical profession and religious scholars, a belief on the street persists amongst some gangmembers that you can lead an evil life, die violently, and then rest in peace.

This belief seems to stem from gangmembers that were shot down or stabbed and survived. They recounted a peaceful feeling.

They then went back to their gangs after they were released from the hospitals/jails and recounted the feeling of peace. Finally, they made an assumption and passed that assumption on to the younger gangmembers that they would Rest In Peace if they died.

Since then a whole generation has sprung up believing that there is somehow peace in death without God. That you can lead a wicked life, die in your sin, and enter a blissful state.

This is pure folly from a scientific, historical, theological, and medical perspective.

What is truly happening is simply that the loss of blood is bringing on physiological (endocrinal) changes affecting their psychological state. Nothing more. Furthermore, from a theological perspective dying without Christ in your sin still means eternal separation from God and an eternity in Hell after the temporary feeling has passed and you leave your mortal body. Again, this is a temporary physiological state: not a permanent eternal one.

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: The RIP belief

Unread post by worldwide » March 26th, 2004, 12:54 pm

not only that, but dying outside the covering of christ will get you to hell faster than you can blast, or blast back at ya enemies. it's funny how some take no time out to think the repercussions of a wildlife, with no stucture and order, may as well fall to ya knee's worship satan himself, god dont need no gangs to fight his battles, so what set ya really bang for,
it's "never" to late for that to change though as long as you breathing air
you still got a chance to get down for christ, and he'll get right back down for you. he already shed his blood so we dont have to be burdend with the wickedness of this world. but when u doin it for god, the problems of this world cant fade u, because u can only live unto god ur problems cant
so if u live unto god, ur problems cant exist, because gods glory is only for the goodness of life itself, which becomes wrath unto evil. dig it!

PEACE!!!

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 26th, 2004, 2:58 pm

Now that's some really deep shit both of you have shared here. I had been askin myself these same things and I'd say I agree with you two man. Nobody's gotta be a 'jesus-clone' to get to heaven, I'm not sayin that, but it's when you start repenting and understanding the message of it that you really start feeling whats up with that belief. You don't have to be the saviour of the world to take part of it, just be the best man you can be and even if you might think otherwise, those who get the message'll know what you're about how lil your voice might seem among all this mess. Peace

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 26th, 2004, 3:45 pm

For sure Capo. And God doesn't want no "Jesus clones." Only some churches seem to want that. God wants a personal realtionship with real persons.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 26th, 2004, 7:58 pm

WCrockets, Personally, I'm an atheist, so I don't agree that you go anywhere but the dirt. As for RIP and gangbangin, I don't think it has anything to do with that. People been sayin RIP for hundreds of years, and I think that it is pretty usiversal, had nothin to do with bangin. And also, I think that it's a little strange to be using science to try to back your theory when science would also say that the people who "see the light" are also experiencing these same things. And also, according to science, when you die, you die and that;s it. Your brain is everything that you are, and it is nothing but electircal impulses. When you die there is no more electricity, and it fact that these impulses do not leave your body when you die. Therefor, there is no "soul" that leaves the body, it just stops and darkness falls. I think you need to argue religion, or science, you can't have it both ways.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 26th, 2004, 11:59 pm

No offense Panik but you are really out of the loop regarding religion and science to say that. Like about twenty years of science just shot over your head. Just to get you started check out some 21st century phd scientists like Hugh Ross (just as one of many examples). How far did you get in physics?

They are doing television specials on creation and the created universe today Panik. Where you been the last ten years? It's all coming full circle. You out of the loop.

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » March 27th, 2004, 1:30 am

panik you have a right to ya own opinion, thats a given. but you cant knock someone for what they have been through, seen, an touched.

well jesus died for you too, believe it or not, but have u ever practiced any religion? if so what turned you? was it something you seen man do?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 27th, 2004, 12:28 pm

I've actually taken numerous mythology classes, and comparitive religion. Aside from that, I read at least a book a week, and I'm very interested in religion, so I read anything I can find related to religion and history. The reason I don't believe is that when you actually look at all religions, there is no logical reason to think one is more true than another. Christianity is no more "believable" that greek mythology. Most of christianity is borrowed, sometimes word for word from a much older religion, Zaroastorism. This religions is still practiced in small numbers in Iran. Read about it, it'll trip you out. Much of what is in the bible was borrowed from this religion, even doen to the supposed stories. And this religion was around even befor judaism or christianity were even thought about. I could go on and on, but basically I think the bible and the koran are nice stories with a good message, but in no way should be thought of as historical fact. Most of it can be disproved historically.

sixtimesten
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by sixtimesten » March 27th, 2004, 1:39 pm

wcrockets wrote:While silly to those in the medical profession and religious scholars, a belief on the street persists amongst some gangmembers that you can lead an evil life, die violently, and then rest in peace.

This belief seems to stem from gangmembers that were shot down or stabbed and survived. They recounted a peaceful feeling.
I'm not the most intelligible guy here, but i'm a bit confused. What gang members feel like this, and what percentage of victims have expressed this?

Rest In Peace was a saying way before Gang Banging...even in the wicked spirits of Holloween you see "R.I.P." on the tombstones. I have yet to see anyone embrace the saying "D.R.I.P." or R.I.H.

This is nothing more than a saying for the dead passed down from generation to generation and to combat that regarding our enemies we say "R.I.Piss" but who is going to embrace that for a loved one?

Also, I didn't see any mention of religious gang members. Especially those incareserated, you have gang members preaching, repenting, and teaching god's word through bible study.

In jail and prison alike I have seen many religious (catholic) southsiders. And although tatoo's are suppose to be bad, I have seen numerous tattoo's that have either crosses, prayer hands, or asking god to forgive them for their sins.

On the streets, I have attended many funerals where my homeboys had been baptised or recently joined the church and have accepted christ before death.

Lastly, how would this apply to the few that I have met that don't believe in God?

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » March 28th, 2004, 6:09 am

respectable answer panik, i got a soldier out here in iraq who's been to college, and actually took up the bible as a class, i cant remember what it was, but he has very similar views such as yours. but from what you guys saying you lookin at it as a book. (correct me if im wrong)!

studying the bible to learn from it, and studying the bible to apply it to daily living is two diffrent things.

im convinced that 75% or more of the gangbangers that sleep, have had a chance to get in the right stance with god before they left this earth.
how can flesh be in peace while at the same time decaying, it has to go til it's no more it's never at a standstill (peace) so to speak!

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 29th, 2004, 11:33 am

Panik, My studies have turned up the same except for Biblical Christianity. You seem to me to be intelligent and open minded which is a good thing. I would rather create a seperate thread on Aethism than deal with it in this thread so give me some time to get that done as I have to get a gang of respected scientists research together who believe in God for good reason.

In the meanwhile, please read Moreland's "Scaling the Secular City" as soon as possible to prepare for that discussion. If you have some time left over poke through reasons.org. Ok, I have to get back to work now. Too much to do so little time..

LEATHAFACE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LEATHAFACE » March 29th, 2004, 3:06 pm

the sad thing about this is. that all non-believers won't believe until it's too late.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 29th, 2004, 4:44 pm

believers too.

indyjrt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by indyjrt » March 29th, 2004, 6:46 pm

I believe in Karma, I'm not a Buddist.

I believe in an afterlife, I cannot believe that there is not something beyond this world.

The loss of "conscience" or whatever you want to call it, frightens me more than anything,

There is a lot people I would like to see again, I hope I can...........

bluecollar
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bluecollar » April 7th, 2004, 8:03 pm

wcrockets wrote:While silly to those in the medical profession and religious scholars, a belief on the street persists amongst some gangmembers that you can lead an evil life, die violently, and then rest in peace.

They then went back to their gangs after they were released from the hospitals/jails and recounted the feeling of peace. Finally, they made an assumption and passed that assumption on to the younger gangmembers that they would Rest In Peace if they died.

Since then a whole generation has sprung up believing that there is somehow peace in death without God. That you can lead a wicked life, die in your sin, and enter a blissful state.

This is pure folly from a scientific, historical, theological, and medical perspective.

What is truly happening is simply that the loss of blood is bringing on physiological (endocrinal) changes affecting their psychological state. Nothing more. Furthermore, from a theological perspective dying without Christ in your sin still means eternal separation from God and an eternity in Hell after the temporary feeling has passed and you leave your mortal body. Again, this is a temporary physiological state: not a permanent eternal one.
If you believe in the established religions, maybe this is a true statement. Otherwise, your convictions has more folly than validity. Knowing from experience, gang members usually (around near me) have small faith in their espoused religious ways. Committing sins is more ever present than not and the existence of religion only surfaces at gang funerals.

To many scientists, life after death is a possibility but no more? Many atheists believe that we shouldn't hope for God's presence after death. Notably, in some established religions, hell is not an established concept (if you need examples, tell me).

In essence, their is no established proof to convince the world that one who lives an "evil" life is going to get it in the end. What constitutes "evil" and "vice" is shaped by society and not by the ways of "God."

The validity of your discussion has the same validity of the shroud of Toran. As we all know, this was "pure folly from the religious perspective."

With Regards,

bluecollar

bluecollar
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bluecollar » April 7th, 2004, 8:15 pm

wcrockets wrote:For sure Capo. And God doesn't want no "Jesus clones." Only some churches seem to want that. God wants a personal realtionship with real persons.
Hello again! I'm sorry but after reading this I couldn't stop laughing.
wcrockets wrote: And God doesn't want no "Jesus clones."

Oh REALLY! Well, I wonder what else God doesn't want. Maybe no ice cream on sundays, no people living in CA, and maybe just maybe no Britney Spears look-a-likes!

How does God define a "personal" relationship? Isn't that a "man" made word? Oh but God made "man" right? Not to mention, "Jesus" was made on a heavenly sketchpad.

Do we live in a Doll House? I guess my apparition is what God wanted for if he didn't I would be wearing a dress with pig tails? Why doesn't God get what he wants? Isn't God the creator of all? Why does God want a personal relationship, does he have Mrs. God waiting for him on his heavenly bed. Oh! I get it. God and Satan/Lucifer had a "personal relationship" but it fizzled so now Satan must contend with Beelzebub.

I'm very skeptical humans can interpret with the "creator" wants and for the creator to get on a "personal" level with mere humans is reminiscient of the Greek Gods in mythology.

bluecollar
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bluecollar » April 7th, 2004, 9:48 pm

ARMAGGEDON wrote:the sad thing about this is. that all non-believers won't believe until it's too late.
LOLOLOLOL. I'm sorry. That brought a tear to my eye. I fit in that category of "non-believers" and I don't think I'll be swayed that easily.

However, a lot of church goers/converts are old because they "recently" realized that their time is coming.

That was very funny "ARMAGGEDON."

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 8th, 2004, 8:47 am

First of all this isn't a thread on aethism. This is a thread on the RIP belief. Second of all, I'll be replying to your posts when I get some time. Note it does take me time to reply sometimes as I have to look things up in some cases. Plus I have a full time job and a small business I recently started, and I'm always doing continuing education, and volunteering, and and and and.. lol. Peace.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 10th, 2004, 3:19 am

IM ALSO CONVERTED TO BOUDISM BUT I STILL SAY REST IN PEACE EVEN THOUGH I BELIEVE IN REENCARNATION ,BECAUSE TO ME THE MEANIN OF REST IN PEACE IS THAT HIS SOUL CAN GO IN PEACE CAUSE WE TOOK CARE OF THE PEOPLE THAT DID IT , IN OTHER WORLD HE DOESNT HAVE TO HAUNT THE KILLA LIKE A GHOST CAUSE WE DID THE DIRTY WORK FOR HIM IN THE NAME OF LOVE LOYALTY AND HONOR : MAY ALL MY HOMIES SOUTH IN PEACE C YALL NEXT LIFE CCUZ ....

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 10th, 2004, 3:36 am

YALL CAN SAY ALL KIND OF BULLSHYT ABOUT BANGAZ BUT A REAL RIDA A REAL G IS LIKE A KNIGHT FULL OF PRIDE HONOR AND LOVE , C WE HAVE ALL TYPE OF BUSTAZ OUT THERE IN THOSE STREETS DOIN SCANDALOUS STUFF LIKE JACKIN CIVILIANS RAPIN MOTHAZ AND SISTAZ BUT ONLY TRU NIGGAZ WITH HEART AND LOVE HAVE ACESS TO THE STAR LEVEL AND THOSE NIGGAZ HAVE A CODE OF CONDUCT AND THE ANGELS AND THEIR ANCESTORS PROTECT THEM CAUSE THEY ARE THE SOLDIAZ OF THEIR COMMUNITY , ITS THE LOVE THAT MAKE US RIDE AND ONLY TRUE RIDAZ HAVE THAT FEELIN' THE BUSTAZ DONT LOVE NOTHING BUT THEIR OWN ASS ITS FOR THE HOMIE AND DEAD HOMIE LOVE THAT WE RIDE AND KILL , ITS FOR THE LOVE OF OUR MOTHERS AND FOR THE TEARS OF OUR DEAD HOMIES MOTHERS THAT WE ARE READY TO FACE DEATH WITH PRIDE AND STRENGHT ....AINT NOTHING DEEPER AND REALER THAN THAT COMPTON LIFE BUT THAT TYPE OF NIGGAZ AINT THE COMMON TYPE IN MY SET THEY ARE LESS THAN 30 AND ITS ONE OF COMPTON BIGGEST NUMBER .

LEATHAFACE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LEATHAFACE » April 12th, 2004, 12:35 pm

thanks.

ogcjm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ogcjm » April 20th, 2004, 4:06 am

bluecollar wrote:
wcrockets wrote:For sure Capo. And God doesn't want no "Jesus clones." Only some churches seem to want that. God wants a personal realtionship with real persons.
Hello again! I'm sorry but after reading this I couldn't stop laughing.
wcrockets wrote: And God doesn't want no "Jesus clones."

Oh REALLY! Well, I wonder what else God doesn't want. Maybe no ice cream on sundays, no people living in CA, and maybe just maybe no Britney Spears look-a-likes!

How does God define a "personal" relationship? Isn't that a "man" made word? Oh but God made "man" right? Not to mention, "Jesus" was made on a heavenly sketchpad.

Do we live in a Doll House? I guess my apparition is what God wanted for if he didn't I would be wearing a dress with pig tails? Why doesn't God get what he wants? Isn't God the creator of all? Why does God want a personal relationship, does he have Mrs. God waiting for him on his heavenly bed. Oh! I get it. God and Satan/Lucifer had a "personal relationship" but it fizzled so now Satan must contend with Beelzebub.

I'm very skeptical humans can interpret with the "creator" wants and for the creator to get on a "personal" level with mere humans is reminiscient of the Greek Gods in mythology.
hey im not knocking you for your own belives but god made us all and he loves you no matter how you feel he is always there for you i myself im not scared of dying i know its a part of life that i have to face the only way to have peace with it is to have crist in your heart what are you going to say when you find out you was wrong with what you thought was right what are you gonna say but hey its you not me Only.God.Can.Judge.Me

ogcjm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ogcjm » April 20th, 2004, 4:10 am

bgCASPER wrote:IM ALSO CONVERTED TO BOUDISM BUT I STILL SAY REST IN PEACE EVEN THOUGH I BELIEVE IN REENCARNATION ,BECAUSE TO ME THE MEANIN OF REST IN PEACE IS THAT HIS SOUL CAN GO IN PEACE CAUSE WE TOOK CARE OF THE PEOPLE THAT DID IT , IN OTHER WORLD HE DOESNT HAVE TO HAUNT THE KILLA LIKE A GHOST CAUSE WE DID THE DIRTY WORK FOR HIM IN THE NAME OF LOVE LOYALTY AND HONOR : MAY ALL MY HOMIES SOUTH IN PEACE C YALL NEXT LIFE CCUZ ....
hey yo i would really like to hear your views on life after death

ogcjm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ogcjm » April 20th, 2004, 4:14 am

bgCASPER wrote:YALL CAN SAY ALL KIND OF BULLSHYT ABOUT BANGAZ BUT A REAL RIDA A REAL G IS LIKE A KNIGHT FULL OF PRIDE HONOR AND LOVE , C WE HAVE ALL TYPE OF BUSTAZ OUT THERE IN THOSE STREETS DOIN SCANDALOUS STUFF LIKE JACKIN CIVILIANS RAPIN MOTHAZ AND SISTAZ BUT ONLY TRU NIGGAZ WITH HEART AND LOVE HAVE ACESS TO THE STAR LEVEL AND THOSE NIGGAZ HAVE A CODE OF CONDUCT AND THE ANGELS AND THEIR ANCESTORS PROTECT THEM CAUSE THEY ARE THE SOLDIAZ OF THEIR COMMUNITY , ITS THE LOVE THAT MAKE US RIDE AND ONLY TRUE RIDAZ HAVE THAT FEELIN' THE BUSTAZ DONT LOVE NOTHING BUT THEIR OWN ASS ITS FOR THE HOMIE AND DEAD HOMIE LOVE THAT WE RIDE AND KILL , ITS FOR THE LOVE OF OUR MOTHERS AND FOR THE TEARS OF OUR DEAD HOMIES MOTHERS THAT WE ARE READY TO FACE DEATH WITH PRIDE AND STRENGHT ....AINT NOTHING DEEPER AND REALER THAN THAT COMPTON LIFE BUT THAT TYPE OF NIGGAZ AINT THE COMMON TYPE IN MY SET THEY ARE LESS THAN 30 AND ITS ONE OF COMPTON BIGGEST NUMBER .
oh so tru thats the way it should be all over but everbody where im from turn on everbody

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 20th, 2004, 8:44 am

ogcjm, please read all my posts in all the religious threads and then get back to me. I think you'll have a better idea of where I am coming from and why I say what I say. To answer your post would be repeating myself. Peace.