Confronting Prison Rape

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Confronting Prison Rape

Unread post by PolakoMafia » October 3rd, 2003, 3:53 pm

Confronting Prison Rape

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,97392,00.html
Monday , September 15, 2003
By Wendy McElroy

A bright light is about to be shone on an almost unseen social problem: prison rape. On Sept. 4, President Bush signed the Prison Rape Elimination Act, which provides for an annual Department of Justice review on the rate and effects of prison rape. Why should you care?

According to Bureau of Justice Statistics, on Dec. 31, 2002, there were 2,033,331 people incarcerated in the United States. (Approximately 7 percent of those in state and federal prisons are female.)

The U.S. prison population is rising. In 1980, there were just over half a million inmates. The BJS estimates that, "If incarceration rates remain unchanged, 6.6 percent of U.S. residents born in 2001 will go to prison during their lifetime." (Other sources place that figure higher.) The chances are that someone you personally know -- and, perhaps, care about -- will become a prisoner.

Estimates on the rate of prison rape vary. In 2001, Human Rights Watch released a comprehensive report that estimated between 250,000 to 600,000 prisoners, overwhelmingly male, are raped each year.

Prison rape seems to be rising as well. Several academic studies in the '80s estimated that 7 to 15 percent of inmates were raped: a rate of 10 percent amounting to approximately 200,000 people. The apparent increase may be due to the current practice of double bunking and using dorm rooms to compensate for overcrowding.

In general, rape is under-reported and this tendency is almost certainly exacerbated in understaffed prisons where authorities can be unresponsive or hostile to complaints. In describing his ordeal to Human Rights Watch, a suicidal inmate said his appeals for help to prison authorities were fruitless, and concluded, "The opposite of compassion is not hatred, it's indifference."

And yet, the question remains, "Why should you care?"

One reason: Prisoners are human beings. Approximately half of those imprisoned today are "non-violent." Many have been arrested on drug charges or for comparatively minor offenses, such as being behind in child support payments.

The young and "unhardened" prisoners are the most vulnerable to rape. Consider Rodney Hulin, who was arrested at 16 for setting fire to a dumpster. Hulin received an eight-year sentence. After being repeatedly raped and dismissed by prison authorities, he killed himself.

Most victims survive. But as Rep. Robert C. Scott, D-Va., comments, "They leave prison much more likely to engage in crime than when they went in." Barrett Duke -- a VP of the Southern Baptist Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission that lobbied for the Prison Rape Elimination Act -- adds, "The sexual brutalization of inmates exposes men and women to punishment that is not only cruel but that also severely impedes their opportunity to rehabilitate themselves to assume lives worthy of the dignity of their humanity."

More than dignity is involved. The HIV rate in prison is at least four times that of the general public. In 2000, about 25,000 inmates had HIV. A similar situation exists with other communicable diseases, like Hepatitis C, which can be spread through certain sexual activity and has become the most common blood-borne infection in the U.S. According to the National Institute of Justice and the National Commission on Correctional Health Care, the rate of HCV infection in inmates is 9-10 times higher than in the general public.

You should care about prison rape if only for one reason: approximately 630,000 inmates were released from prison in 2002 and became the people beside whom you may now be living and working.

There are several reasons why prison rape has been ignored for so long -- primarily, that it is an ugly problem from which it is tempting to turn away.

Prisoners also have no political clout. They do not vote or lobby which, in effect, means they have no voice. By contrast, lawmakers often gain popularity by being "hard" on crime and criminals. The hardness assumes that prisoners deserve what is coming to them, even young prisoners convicted of non-violent offenses. But no crime should be punished by rape; HIV should not be part of a judge's sentence. Rape should not be a fact of life for anyone.

Ironically, even the revolution in rape awareness in the last few decades has tended to suppress discussion of prison rape. Politically correct feminists defined rape as a crime of gender: that is, men rape women. As with other issues like domestic violence, they resist the identification of men as victims because that shifts the focus from women and brings their ideological assumptions into question. Thus, it was the "anti-feminist" Concerned Women for America, and not NOW, who lobbied for the Prison Rape Elimination Act.

The Act may well be a Band-Aid placed over a gaping wound. Certainly, it does not create the sweeping reforms that would address the underlying causes of prison rape, such as overcrowding. And, without such reforms, it is unlikely that the rape-prevention training programs mandated by the Act will be effective.

But it accomplishes two goals: public awareness and a message to prison officials inclined to ignore inmate violence. Society can no longer afford to ignore prison rape. It can no longer afford to define rape as a gender crime or its victims as female. To end rape, we must fight it wherever it occurs and defend whoever is being victimized.

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Confronting Prison Rape

Unread post by PolakoMafia » October 3rd, 2003, 3:55 pm

ANother simlar article:
Juvenile Justice: Abandoning America's Future?
Statement of Rodney Hulin
Father of 17-year-old Abused in Adult Prison
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, June 3, 1996

Good morning. My name is Rodney Hulin and I work at a retirement home in Beaumont, Texas. I am here today because of my son. He would be here himself if he could, and he would have spoken out against this plan by Congress to house juvenile offenders in adult prisons. But he can't because he died in one of those prisons.

In 1995, my son, Rodney Jr., was charged with arson when when he was 16 years old. Luckily, no one was hurt in the fire. Of course, that doesn't excuse the fact that what my son did was foolish. After admitting his involvement in the offense, my son was sentenced to eight years in an adult prison.

Rodney spent his first year in a prison in Abeline, Texas without any problems. He had a clean record, and was hopeful he would be recommended for parole in a few years. Then, without any notice, he was transferred to the Clemens Unit in Brazoria County on November 13, 1995. Almost immediately, the problems began. Less than a week after the transfer, Rodney wrote to me from his new unit. It was obvious that his situation had taken a turn for the worse. Let me read a quick excerpt from that letter:

"Dad, I'm really scared, scared that I will die in here. Please pray for me. Pray that I will get my job changed, sent to a hospital, get out of here alive, and that I will get on parole ... I want to live with you when I get out, if I get out alive."

My son was a fighter, so I knew he wasn't just letting prison life get to him. The new prison was different. The inmates were tougher; the guards had less control and didn't seem to care what happened to Rodney, who was just 17 years old at the time.

Two days after he sent me that letter, my son was raped and sodomized by an inmate. The doctor found two tears in his rectum and ordered an HIV test, since up to a third of the 2,200 inmates there were HIV positive. Fearing for his safety, he requested to be placed in protective custody, but his request was denied because, as the warden put it, Rodney's abuses didn't meet the "emergency grievance criteria."

For the next several months, my son was repeatedly beaten by the older inmates, forced to perform oral sex, robbed, and beaten again. Each time, his requests for protection were denied by the warden. The abuses, meanwhile, continued.

On the night of January 26, 1996 -- 75 days after my son entered Clemens -- Rodney attempted suicide by hanging himself in his cell. He could no longer stand to live in continual terror. It was too much for him to handle. He laid in a coma for the next four months until he died.

The night of the suicide, my son had written about being tired of prison life, and tired of living. That letter had been passed onto a prison guard by a friend of my son, who told the guard that Rodney needed immediate attention. The guard shrugged off any concern and walked in the opposite direction. Sometime during those next 15 minutes, before the guard made his rounds to my son's cell, my son decided he had enough and acted on his depression.

Unlike that prison guard, Congress could not have done anything to save my son. But Congress does have the power to prevent my son's tragedy from happening to others. Sending young children to adult prisons will not make our streets any safer. Sending children to be beaten, raped, and robbed does not deter crime.

I did not give up on my son then, and I don't believe Congress should give up on our nation's children now. Children who commit crimes need to be rehabilitated, and shown consideration and care. They do not deserve to be crucified for political gain. If there is any lesson to be learned by my son's death, it is that children must not be locked up with adult criminals.
[img]http://archive.aclu.org/graphics/Snclien2.gif[/img]

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » October 3rd, 2003, 7:32 pm

Yea, this is an issue that needs to be dealt with. Prisoners are human beings and rape is WRONG - whether it be outside or inside of prison. And the HIV part of it is terrible. Man, it's no wonder why the prison system is screwed up - if you don't get taken advantage of, you become a better criminal or killed even.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » October 6th, 2003, 3:22 pm

Allright. Can you imagine getting wrongfully convicted of a felony for which you have to do 1 year in prison, then getting raped and contracting HIV????

Man.. that's no joke. That nonsense needs to end.

GS-R

Unread post by GS-R » November 2nd, 2003, 4:16 pm

my bro in law said in la county jail and other jails, prisons when people ask u what u in for then if u say rape they will kill you
they hate rapists or anyone that harms children
for example that pope that went to prison for raping children got shanked in prison

Pershing
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Pershing » November 5th, 2003, 9:09 pm

You could be shanked in prison just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and for variety of other resons.

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » November 7th, 2003, 4:35 pm

Ok, here is the clarification on prison rape. The truth of the matter is that outright Rapists or Booty Bandits as we call then in prison RARELY just "rape" someone on gp. What typically happens is "Johnny" goes to prison. "Johnny" has no family or friends to support him. "Bubba" sees "Johnny" without and says to "Johnny" "hear have some coffee, have some candy, have some soup...need some deodorant?"...after a few weeks of this "Bubba" tells "Johnny" to just cell-up with him so they can chill. "Johnny" is grateful for the help and moves in with "Bubba". A few weeks pass and finally "Bubba" let's "Johnny" know that he owes him for all that he is done...time for "Johnny" to pay with the booty if he has no other means of satisfying the debt.
Scenario 2: "Johnny" likes weed..."Johhny" gets fronted a sack...the money order from mom's never makes it to "Johnny"..."Johnny" owes and either gives up the ass or gets shanked
There are many reasons...these are just the most common. In prison, the homosexuals like to make it their business to "turn a nigga out". So they are sexual predators as well. half of ya'll on this board would pass out and die to know that some of ya'lls big homies are behind walls as we speak gettin it on with eachother...you wouldn't believe it until you seen it for yourself. I have seen some of the most hardcore niggas that I know keep them a lil punk on the side. I seen 2 hardcore niggas "in love"...

The articles above may very well be correct statistically but the reasons for the rapes will never be known or made public outside of what niggas that been to the pen will tell you.

Pershing
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Pershing » November 7th, 2003, 4:44 pm

So let me get this straight. What your sayin is that they willingly fuck each other in the pen, or get it for sellin out or doin something bad?

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » November 7th, 2003, 4:54 pm

Normally, yes Pershing.

Pershing
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Pershing » November 9th, 2003, 11:36 pm

have u ever watched oz?

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » November 9th, 2003, 11:59 pm

once or twice...i aint a big fan of television

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » November 10th, 2003, 11:08 am

Haha Pershing. I laughed my ass off at that series. The ins and outs, the treachery, the drama. Cracked me up. Glad it's fiction.

Unread post by Guest » January 26th, 2004, 11:43 am

I know that in the states raping inmates is pretty rampant , oviously the 1's that get turned out have no protection , but up here in canada raping inmates is a no no , if some1 were to rape an inmate , that fuccer would b dead quic , believe me & yes in my travels I also have seen the baddest mothafuccaz , havin a kid close by , but thats a whole different subject all together . life without pussy can make a man do crazy shit ,lol

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » February 8th, 2004, 4:42 pm

Well as usual there is bits of truth in all the above.
Here is what I have seen in down time.
1. Never an unwilling "Rape", maney gays on the line give it up for nuttin or a soup.
2. The most unlikely cons being " Real Close " cellies.

Thats it. On a 3 or 4 yard any gay act, pitcher or catcher is seen as a sign of weakness and thet is the last thing you want anyone to think of you so it is very rare and a lot of hype.

ElGuero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ElGuero » February 26th, 2004, 3:50 pm

This is a touchy issue for most....and I guess no one likes to talk about it......but its there.

There are homies who once they get out, they go for other men.....in the barrio, there were some real hard core homies, and when they got out, they had feminine cousins, or guys in the closet on the side..... no one really talked about it. They didn't consider themselves gay coz they were giving and not getting......had relationships with women.....but they still did that.....

I think its more common than we care to admit......

With prison "rape"....I've never been to prison.....but know plenty who have been, and I think "rape" is a word used somewhat as a denial of what goes on, or as a justification in a way coz no one wants to admit to being so horny that they do a guy.....or about being done by a guy.....

As I said, it is a touchy subject.......but yeah, this is just my two cents on it......

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » February 26th, 2004, 4:00 pm

AcmeWhiteBread wrote: 1. Never an unwilling "Rape", maney gays on the line give it up for nuttin or a soup.
LoL...the old "rear for a ramen" scenario

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » February 28th, 2004, 1:30 am

nobody is gonna admit to being rapaed so its hard to throw statistics around. And if you ask a mofo he wont tell you he been raped hell deny it right off. Sometimes it is done to take manhood away or for power not sex, power is what psychologists say. Dont aryan brotherhood do this alot along with murder as a threat to other white prisoners?

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » February 28th, 2004, 10:55 am

Hi invinciable...in prison i'd say 90% of the time someone DONT have to be forced into it. as for the AB using that as a threat along with murder well in most cases that aint the reason. most of the time when you hear about somebody getting there manhood took its behind somebody having a snitch jacket and/or being a child molester. most of them punks are punks cause thats what they wanna be. people blow it up wayyyyyy more than its actually happening. sure, they have them but then again they have them in free society too.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » February 28th, 2004, 11:40 am

I work at a barbershop and heard so many stories about the subject, I will never forget this one blk dude was short with a long pony tail. His arms was bigger then my legs. People was amaze how big he was and he was actin like he was the s$#T after doing ten. Talking about how much he was benching, and when he left a correction officer sat in my chair. He told us that we would not believe that the dude was a punk in prison. Say he saw him sitting on a niggas slap gettin bounced. The whole barbershop was laughing, I was in shock. Everytime i see dude I cant believe it so it dont matter how tough and big you are.

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » February 29th, 2004, 5:28 pm

ewwwww,sick,lol

lowdown
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by lowdown » February 29th, 2004, 9:17 pm

atleast in cali i can attest to what state said, if your a SO or a snitch then your gonna get punked and have to ride pc, but there is the occasionally rape usually inolving the new whiteboy fish with the homo celly, i seen people take it cause if you snitch you know your ass is gonna be holed up in fuckin pc with that label on your head, if you show weakness than your gonna get tested thats why you dont let nobody fuck with you no matter how small you are, even if you get killed atleast you got your manhood and respect, and dont take shit anybody offers cause your gonna be payin it with your ass

js83
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by js83 » March 11th, 2004, 7:36 pm

man i just can't imagine 2 hardcore bangers doing each other. lol.

disturbing.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 2nd, 2004, 8:01 pm

Prison Rape Elimination Act Becomes Federal Law

September 4, 2003

SPR Hails Historic Move Toward Safer, More Humane Detention

WASHINGTON D.C. – President George W. Bush signed into law the Prison
Rape Elimination Act of 2003 today, marking the first time the U.S.
government has ever passed a law to deal with sexual assault behind
bars.

“The passage of this law is a major milestone, finally bringing prisoner
rape out of the shadows,” said Lara Stemple, executive director of Stop
Prisoner Rape (SPR), a national human rights organization that has
worked on the issue for more than two decades.

The law calls for the gathering of national statistics about the
problem; the development of guidelines for states about how to address
prisoner rape; the creation of a review panel to hold annual hearings;
and the provision of grants to states to combat the problem.

“We hope this bill will be the beginning of real reform,” Stemple said.
“And, progress will also require improved mental health services for
survivors, lawsuits aimed at reform, and greater sympathy on the part of
the public.”

The president signed the bill this morning at an Oval Office ceremony
attended by two survivors of prisoner rape, Tom Cahill and Hope
Hernandez. Cahill serves as president of the Board of Directors SPR, and
Hope Hernandez is a member of the group’s Board of Advisors.

“We know we’ve come a long way when survivors of prisoner rape are
invited to the White House with dignity rather than marginalized and
ignored,” Stemple said.

In 1968, Cahill was beaten and gang-raped in San Antonio, Texas after
being arrested for civil disobedience. Hernandez, also a nonviolent
offender, was repeatedly raped by a corrections officer in 1997 in a
privately run facility adjacent to the Washington D.C. jail.

One in five men in prison has been sexually abused, often by other
inmates. Rates for women, who are most likely to be abused by male
staff, reach as high as one in four in some facilities.

caineIsignz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caineIsignz » April 3rd, 2004, 6:07 pm

When 2pac went to jail, that b*T#H Wendy Williams made up rumours that Tupac got raped in Jail.
Apparently, my 2 cents,..that would be impossible for 2pac to get raped.
If you've seen Tupac: Resurrection, he explains how the homies in jail loved him as a artist. "Real killaz, true gangstas and drug dealers was calling me up and writing to me, and telling me they wana talk to me."
Pac was loved in jail (not the gay way), and thats how he and lots of Inmates made up "The Code of Thug Life," to protect the innocent children and people in the ghetto.
If you havn't read the Code of Thug Life, check out the Resurrection Book.

Do you think 2pac got raped in jail..or it was possible.

(Obviously he did not though)

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 3rd, 2004, 6:23 pm

caineIsignz wrote:When 2pac went to jail, that b*T#H Wendy Williams made up rumours that Tupac got raped in Jail.
If you've seen Tupac: Resurrection, he explains how the homies in jail loved him as a artist. "Real killaz, true gangstas and drug dealers was calling me up and writing to me, and telling me they wana talk to me."
Pac was loved in jail (not the gay way), and thats how he and lots of Inmates made up "The Code of Thug Life," to protect the innocent children and people in the ghetto.

You never know if it did happen which I doubt, I'm sure pac would of not came out and admitted it. Who the hell would. Pac image was to big from him to destroy it by saying he was raped. The reason I dont think it was true because she was the only one saying it. If it was really true we would of heard all kinds of people talking about it. Specially the ones who was locked up with him.

caineIsignz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caineIsignz » April 3rd, 2004, 6:36 pm

blkjoker wrote:
caineIsignz wrote:When 2pac went to jail, that b*T#H Wendy Williams made up rumours that Tupac got raped in Jail.

You never know if it did happen which I doubt, I'm sure pac would of not came out and admitted it. Who the hell would. Pac image was to big from him to destroy it by saying he was raped. The reason I dont think it was true because she was the only one saying it. If it was really true we would of heard all kinds of people talking about it. Specially the ones who was locked up with him.
exactly

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 3rd, 2004, 9:28 pm

This jail rape business is serious, real, and just plain nasty. Listed below is a survivors story. David/California

DISCLAIMER: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC AND UPSETTING. DO NOT READ IF YOUR SQUEEMISH.

http://www.spr.org/en/survivorstories/davidca.html

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » April 4th, 2004, 12:54 am

So gross.

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » April 4th, 2004, 1:34 pm

I still wonder what is in the psyche of guys who commit prison rape.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 4th, 2004, 2:54 pm

The guys are trying to dominate and humiliate their victims, while achieving sexual satisfaction. It's too bad these "Booty Bandits" aren't severly dealt with, because they really put the population at risk. Hep B & C, and HIV are 5-10x more likey contracted during prison rape. Once the victim is released and goes back to society, he can spread the disease to heterosexual women, who would spread the disease to you, if you have un-protected sex with her.

You know there is a population of women out there that loves gangsters, ex-cons still in the life and so-fourth. You have to take care of yourself. Blacks and Latino's lead the nation in HIV and Hepatitis, not to mention regular medical problems such as Hypertension and Diabetes.

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » April 4th, 2004, 3:11 pm

I wonder what it's like to take it up the ass.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 4th, 2004, 4:58 pm

This article can give you some insight in to the psyche of some of these inmates minds. I censored certain words to comply with the T.O.S. of this forum.

Cruel and unusual punishment in American prisons
Reviewed by Jared Taylor

There are probably more men than women raped in the United States every year -- most of them in prison. Best estimates put the annual number of prison rapes at about 140,000, which is 50,000 more than the 90,000 or so rapes of women reported to police. Gang rape of the most brutal kind is common, and weaker prisoners often seek protection from a "daddy" who fights off other predators in exchange for total submission and sex on demand. There is an ugly racial dimension to prison rape : Blacks and Mexicans deliberately seek out white victims, and black-on-white rape is probably more common than any other kind. Prison rape is an appalling secret in a country that prides itself on human rights.

One reason there is so much prison rape is that Americans refuse even to think about it. The sheer brutality of it and the racial hatred that so often drives it are too gruesome to face. To its immense credit, a lefty organization called Human Rights Watch has done a serious prison-rape study and has published its findings in a book-length report called "No Escape". Human Rights Watch ordinarily specializes in trendy causes : opposition to landmines, the death penalty, and alleged violence against homosexuals in American schools. In this case, it has taken on the most untrendy of subjects, and describes inmate rape and hatred for whites -- in unflinching detail. It solicited accounts of rape by advertising in "Prison Legal News and Prison Life" -- magazines that have high circulation in prisons -- and reaped a wealth of first-hand horror stories.

There is considerable variation from one prison system to another, and among different prisons within the same system, but the general picture that emerges is of a world of constant violence. As one prisoner explains in "No Escape" :

"When a new inmate enters an open barracks prison it triggers a sort of competition among the convicts as to who will seduce and subjugate that new arrival ... Every new arrival is a potential victim. Unless the new arrival is strong, ugly, and efficient at violence, they are subject to get seduced, coerced, or raped ... Psychosocially, emotionally, and physically the most dangerous and traumatic place I can conceive of is the open-barracks prison when first viewed by a new inmate."

The only sure defense against rape is the willingness to fight, and even this may be no protection against gang assault. In many prisons a small, unaggressive white is sure to be raped, probably by blacks or Hispanics. As one prison guard explains, a young white has "almost zero" chance of escaping rape "unless he's willing to stick someone with a knife and fortunate enough to have one." Some of the tougher inmates may even fight each other for the chance to rape an effeminate young white.

Rape is so common it has its own terminology. To rape a heterosexual man and turn him into a sexual plaything is to "turn him out," and the victim is known as a "turnout" or "punk." If a turnout seeks the protection of another inmate to avoid an endless series of rapes by other prisoners, he is "riding with" his protector. He becomes essentially the property of his protector and is known as his "bi**h" or "ho" or "boy."

One inmate uses the lingo to explain the importance of violence : "If you're knocked down and don't get up you're a 'ho'; you have to ride." An essential quality in prison is "heart," or a man's willingness to keep fighting long after he is clearly beaten. As inmates explained to Human Rights Watch, a real man "would die before giving up his anal virginity." A man who will not fight is a "punk" who deserves humiliation and exploitation.

The racial dynamic in prisons puts whites at a tremendous disadvantage. First, whites are often outnumbered by both blacks and Hispanics. But far more important, just as they show no racial solidarity in "the free world," whites in prison do not band together to protect each other from predators. As "No Escape" reports, Hispanics sometimes rape Hispanics, and blacks sometimes rape blacks, but neither group permits anyone of another race to rape its own people. If a black tried to "turn out" a Mexican, the Mexicans would riot and try to kill him. Blacks also defend each other from white or Hispanic rapists. It is only whites -- unless they are known members of white racialist gangs who do stick together -- who are on their own and can be raped with impunity. It would be hard to think of a more cruel consequence of stripping whites of racial consciousness.

Some whites must choose between being the sex slave of one man or facing repeated assault. The stories they told "No Escape" read like nightmares :

"I had no choice but to submit to being Inmate B's prison wife. Out of fear for my life, I submitted to sucking his DELETED, being DELETED in my DELETED, and performing other duties as a woman, such as making his bed. In all reality, I was his slave ... I determined I'd be better off to willingly have sex with one person, than I would be to face violence and rape by multiple people. The most tragic part to this is that the person I chose to "be with" has AIDS."