crip and blood peace treaty??

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
Ho0dStA bOi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

crip and blood peace treaty??

Unread post by Ho0dStA bOi » May 26th, 2004, 10:31 am

when i came across this lil article i was like what the hell are they talkin bou, did i miss somthin , but come 2 find out its not out here in LA its in NY......

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Rival street gangs the Crips and Bloods have agreed to a truce in Newark, New Jersey, aimed at stemming the violence that has plagued the city and gone too far for even the gang members, officials said on Tuesday.

The peace agreement, reached over the weekend, involved 150 members from several gang factions and laid out a 10-point plan including an immediate cease-fire.

The plan also asks gang members to refrain from using gang hand signals, graffiti or other symbols to incite the killing of rivals. Under the truce, gang members also vowed to designate places like schools, churches and parks as neutral zones and to avoid encroaching on each other`s territory without notice.

"Anything that will stem the violence is welcome. Time will tell how effective it is," said Kevin Rehmann, a spokesman for the New Jersey State Police.

Newark Deputy Mayor Ras Baraka and the Nation of Islam helped mediate the truce, officials said.

The Crips and Bloods originated in Los Angeles in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Crips often wear blue and Bloods red. Members, who range in age from 13 to 40, often deal in drugs such as cocaine, heroin, and marijuana and their rivalry has spawned years of bloodshed for both sides.

While local police declined to estimate gang membership, an FBI Web site estimates each gang has about 10,000 members nationwide.

An aid to Newark`s deputy mayor said talks to draw up the peace deal began two months ago when gang members saw the movie "Redemption," about the life of Crips co-founder Stanley "Tookie" Williams, who now speaks out against violence from his cell on California`s death row.

"These young men were tired of committing violent acts and being blamed for ones they didn`t do," said David Muhammad, an aid to Baraka.

"(The truce) would give the whole community a sense of security. Grandmothers don`t want children outside for fear of stray bullets," Muhammad said.

Lettaz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: crip and blood peace treaty??

Unread post by Lettaz » May 26th, 2004, 8:03 pm

Newark NJ...Not Ny.....The Nigga that live's beside me from there...He said when he went back there couple weeks ago niggas wuz wilding...Gettin' shot everyday

VIRUSONE
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by VIRUSONE » May 29th, 2004, 10:43 am

http://www.blackplanet.com/Members/Chan ... forum.html?

look at all these so called blood and crips on bp it's so funny

SnowmanW/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SnowmanW/S » June 5th, 2004, 3:25 am

That truce is so far holding up going on 2 weeks I haven't heard no one getting popped lately but they was out here in Newark wilding out like it was the O.K. corral.Some of the sets that are trucing are Grape St,Insane Gangsta Crip,Pay back Crip,Hoovers.
The blood sets are 662mob,252,Red Dog,Treach's hood Double I.
Hey I was in Cali during the 92 truce,now I'm here in New Jersey for the 2004 but the summer is coming so you got to see what going to happen.
40's+WEED+SHERM=GUNSHOTS

SouLja4LyFe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouLja4LyFe » June 5th, 2004, 7:24 am

Grape St,Insane Gangsta Crip,Pay back Crip,Hoovers.

all those sets are in NJ too? that aint rite. Those are sum of the biggest sets and gangs in LA. Keep us posted about wuts goinon there.

Ho0dStA bOi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Ho0dStA bOi » June 7th, 2004, 1:36 pm

whats trippin me out is i noticed that damn near all of the crip hoods out there are our hoods out here and all the blood hoods out there are original, they make they own shit up....that shits a trip

Light_skin_boi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Light_skin_boi » June 7th, 2004, 4:38 pm

SnowmanW/S wrote:That truce is so far holding up going on 2 weeks I haven't heard no one getting popped lately but they was out here in Newark wilding out like it was the O.K. corral.Some of the sets that are trucing are Grape St,Insane Gangsta Crip,Pay back Crip,Hoovers.
Hey I was in Cali during the 92 truce,now I'm here in New Jersey for the 2004 but the summer is coming so you got to see what going to happen.
40's+WEED+SHERM=GUNSHOTS
what happened to the 92 gang truce?

Straw Weight

Unread post by Karma » June 10th, 2004, 8:50 am

Light_skin_boi wrote:
SnowmanW/S wrote:That truce is so far holding up going on 2 weeks I haven't heard no one getting popped lately but they was out here in Newark wilding out like it was the O.K. corral.Some of the sets that are trucing are Grape St,Insane Gangsta Crip,Pay back Crip,Hoovers.
40's+WEED+SHERM=GUNSHOTS
what happened to the 92 gang truce?
just what light skin said....weed+sherm...LoL

MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831 » June 11th, 2004, 10:32 am

TALKLIN ABOUT the 92 LA TRUCE, the GRAPE STREETS AND the BOUNTY HUNTERS ARE STILL COOL WITH EACH OTHER FOR the MOST PART, RIGHT?