Jamaica

Mexico and El Salvador has received the most international recognition for street gang development as a result of US deportation, but other countries in South & Central America & the Caribbean including Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Domincan Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti [d'Haïti], Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico [Estados Unidos Mexicanos], Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru [Perú], Puerto Rico, Suriname, Uruguay, Venenzuela and many other islands in the Caribbean.
lb516
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Jamaica

Unread post by lb516 » December 1st, 2003, 6:04 pm

in jamaica you have gangs but they are either on one side of the politcal party or the other.. the 2 ruling political parties in jamaica are the PNP peoples national party which are socalist and the JLP which are laborites or leftist. there are areas in jamaica(kingston) that are one party or the other some PNP gangs are junglist from trenchtown or jonestown , water house also called firehouse, spanglers from mathews lane. some JLP gangs are shower posse from tivoli gardens & rema... PNP colors are orange/red and JLP is green

Hyp Notica
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Hyp Notica » December 11th, 2003, 1:52 pm

I read a wicked book that laid it all out for me in terms of gang history in Kingston, and helped me understand the legends, notoriety, idols and structure of the jamaican possees in my own town. twas like a map of ta make sense of all the stories i'd heard from wise:

called: "Born fi dead" by Laurie something. check it out.

ciao

GET CONNECTED.....

Unread post by ciao » March 16th, 2004, 9:41 am

Respect to you all,
I'm Ciao.a coded guy very new in here and i will like to introduce myself to you i'm ciao while my real name is Davies i am a Nigeria but i don't really lets that bother me please guyz i will like to be a family to this group and i promise to abide with the rules and regulation of the family also i am a stray i belongs to a crip in my country here called the black exe they hurt me so bad so i decided to dump and snub them they hurt me by steeling my passport,visa and some requirement for my travling because they believe i will be leaving them soon so please somebody help me with this i really care i have been willing to join this family for a very long time but i think i have to fish inn before i can get connected .

Regards,

CIAOOOOOOOOOOOO

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » June 10th, 2004, 2:21 pm

Read that book and it was interesting.

Hyp Notica
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Hyp Notica » June 13th, 2004, 10:24 am

hell yeah! i know it was. i've read nuff books on gangs. let me know if u want a list, cause some were fantastic.

livin4my
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by livin4my » August 31st, 2004, 7:42 am

I haven't been back to yard in a minute but my cousin who got dip recently told me there's bloods and crips down there.Most set og's are members from America that got dipped back to jamaica for what ever reasons

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » August 31st, 2004, 7:46 pm

I read something about Jamicas organized crime outfits
I forgot its name it was like the shower gang or something
Sorry
I dont remember

livin4my
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by livin4my » September 1st, 2004, 8:43 am

Casper wrote:I read something about Jamicas organized crime outfits
Sorry
I dont remember
Shower posse

DiaBo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DiaBo » September 1st, 2004, 2:04 pm

Jamaica Posse
Yardies

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » September 1st, 2004, 8:00 pm

livin4my wrote:
Casper wrote:I read something about Jamicas organized crime outfits
Sorry
I dont remember
Shower posse
Yeah thats right

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by Trickeration Station » September 22nd, 2004, 3:24 pm

CHECK OUT THIS BOOK
[img]http://www.moyerbellbooks.com/Images/Sp ... 43710X.jpg[/img]
IT'S THE STORY OF THE SHOWER POSSE. THE AUTHOR OF THIS BOOK, DUANE BLAKE, IS THE SON OF THE LEADER OF THE SHOWER POSSE, VIVIAN BLAKE. IT'S A VERY GOOD READ. PEACE!!!

Hyp Notica
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Hyp Notica » October 3rd, 2004, 10:52 pm

VIvian Blake is a straight legend, as yall know. thats madness this bood, gonna check it out

hkswb357
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by hkswb357 » January 19th, 2005, 8:15 am

Hyp Notica wrote:hell yeah! i know it was. i've read nuff books on gangs. let me know if u want a list, cause some were fantastic.
You mind giving out some sort of list? I have found a few books on gangs at Barnes and Nobles but I cant find much and I'd like to read more.

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trickeration Station » January 19th, 2005, 9:26 am

hkswb357 wrote:
Hyp Notica wrote:hell yeah! i know it was. i've read nuff books on gangs. let me know if u want a list, cause some were fantastic.
You mind giving out some sort of list? I have found a few books on gangs at Barnes and Nobles but I cant find much and I'd like to read more.
CHECK OUT "BABY INSANE AND THE BUDDHA" BY BOB SIPCHEN. IT'S ABOUT A CRIP NAMED BABY INSANE FROM THE NEIGHBORHOOD CRIPS ROLLIN 40s IN SAN DIEGO. U CAN FIND IT AT AMAZON http://www.amazon.com

hkswb357
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by hkswb357 » January 19th, 2005, 9:58 am

^^ Alright, I'll check it out. Thanks man.

rio dude
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by rio dude » February 1st, 2005, 10:08 pm

wat about the religious weed smocking sect.
i think its the rafastarians or something.
are they violent

shell'sdown4u

Unread post by shell'sdown4u » February 21st, 2005, 9:21 am

Hyp Notica wrote:I read a wicked book that laid it all out for me in terms of gang history in Kingston, and helped me understand the legends, notoriety, idols and structure of the jamaican possees in my own town. twas like a map of ta make sense of all the stories i'd heard from wise:

called: "Born fi dead" by Laurie something. check it out.
Laura Gunns that who the book is by

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 26th, 2005, 4:25 pm

Isnt there a movie kalled "Shottas" bout the some Jamaican gangsta niggas

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trickeration Station » February 26th, 2005, 7:38 pm

wizdom wrote:Isnt there a movie kalled "Shottas" bout the some Jamaican gangsta niggas
[img]http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/81/bf/53_1_b.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.musicfreakcentral.com/graphi ... hottas.jpg[/img]
"Shottas: A True Story(DVD)

Starring Kymani Marley, Spragga Benz, Wyclef, Tyson Beckford, Louie Rankin, Ninja Man and others.

The film is the true story of two young men, Wayne (played by Spragga Benz) and Bigs (played by Marley), who grow up together in the tough and dangerous streets of Kingston. They rob a soda truck and shoot the truck's driver while still in their early teens.

The money is used to purchase visas to go the United States, where they continue their criminal activities, hustling on the streets of Washington D.C. Wayne gets deported to Jamaica and continues his surge in crime, where he begins to extort money from business people. Bigs gets deported a few years later. After a while, they both head back to the US with some of their cronies and continue stealing, targeting drug dealers. The drug dealers decide to put up a strong resistance to the two."

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 27th, 2005, 6:00 pm

TRUUUE. i heard that there's two versions of this movie. is that true? and why is Wyclef hatian ass dieing to be jamaican

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » February 27th, 2005, 6:04 pm

Hell yeah they stay showing Shottas across the street in the barber shop. I haven't caught it yet but I'll see it soon enough.

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trickeration Station » February 27th, 2005, 7:16 pm

wizdom wrote:TRUUUE. i heard that there's two versions of this movie. is that true?
I THINK THERE'S ONLY 1 VERSION, BUT THEY ARE SELLING THE DVD WITH 2 DIFFERENT COVERS.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 27th, 2005, 7:40 pm

Trickeration Station wrote:
wizdom wrote:TRUUUE. i heard that there's two versions of this movie. is that true?
I THINK THERE'S ONLY 1 VERSION, BUT THEY ARE SELLING THE DVD WITH 2 DIFFERENT COVERS.
where can i kop this movie, is it in local DVD stores? or i have to kop it online?

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trickeration Station » February 28th, 2005, 3:00 pm

wizdom wrote:where can i kop this movie, is it in local DVD stores? or i have to kop it online?
I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE IN YOUR LOCAL DVD STORES BUT U CAN COP THEM ON EBAY http://www.ebay.com JUST TYPE IN "SHOTTAS DVD".

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » March 11th, 2005, 8:58 am

London has seen many Jamaican Yardie posses come and go over the years and they had a reputation for ruthlessness and extreme violence. Jamaican posses and crews over here arn't street gangs as such - even the term Yardie just refers to the fact that back home, they came from the yard, backyard, local neighbourhood, as in 'my yard' (my house).

There was a time when Jamaican crims were running street stuff in parts of London, but these days young British crews (mixed crews, kids with Jamaican parents)are coming up in their place.

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Helms » March 11th, 2005, 3:40 pm

There were some spots in Hackney I drank at which were frequented by some hard Jamaican crews. I spent a lot of time hanging out drinkin with a couple of the older guys (in their 60's). They all had crazy tales.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » March 14th, 2005, 6:09 am

Yeah, Hackney has had its fair share of Jamaican crews, still has. But as I said, there is a a view in these ends that British crews are on the up and while they be doing business with homegrown Jamaicans and even occasionally havin some beef with them, it seems that the British crews are coming up on road. Thing is, 'cos younger British boys have Jamaican parents, there is still an active interface between these groups so it is that a particular crew might be made up of Jamaican Nationals alongside British family and contacts. Still, in my humble opinion, the crews in Hackney (and London) are a very distinct thing from LA/US gangs. Our crews are influenced by the media n stuff and some would 'wannabe' a Brit version, but truth is, it aint like that here, so to me it looks like dressing up! The similarities is that our groups are in the business of crime too, but they are far, far smaller, mainly disorganised, dont wear indentifiable colours or cloths (universal sportswear and hoodies here, etc etc!). Hackney is a tough borough for true and suffering is suffering, a ghetto is a ghetto - BUT - LA it aint. And for me - thank God.

I have heard about a crew in South London thats coming up, called PDC (Poverty Driven Children), who are also known as Muslim Boys. I dont know much about them, but the hype is that they are growing big and are a newer, more rutheless version of the British thing.

Anyone better informed than me?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 14th, 2005, 3:52 pm

Jamaiaca we have no "Street Gangs" we have "political gangs" That there only Form of Bieng heard is through Violence. For the good or bad. We have minor Merijuana Cartels. Back in th 80's shyt was hot. Jamiaca had some of the Largest Cartels Beside that of the Mainland. But soon as the 90's hit everyone started smoking Chronic and chronic aint that big out here in Jamiaca. Its all Home Grown out the Crop on the islands. Closest we got to Chronic Is Jamaican Funk I always thought that was the most potent bud there was, but soon as I moved to the Mainlands I realised Chronic was no Joke at all. now thats all I smoke. but I do miss the sweet taste of Island Grown Ganja. Cant top it.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 29th, 2005, 4:44 am

are rastafarians seen as criminals in Jamaica?
Last edited by NW10 on April 24th, 2005, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 29th, 2005, 4:47 am

this article looks at street gang problems in Jamaica

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:7z ... aica&hl=en

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » June 24th, 2005, 7:12 am

The big man spoken about in the article on Jamaica's gangs - Zeeks - well, he's gone down now, this June. They got im.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » July 20th, 2005, 9:46 am

Not many posts re - Jamaica, wonder why?

BlaKK was rifgt, in Jamaica 'political gangs' rule the roost, but alongside being political, they are of the samr mould as street gangs in a sense.

Real s**t started in the 70's in Kingston ghettos between supporters of People's National Party and the Jamaica Labour Party (PNP & JLP) - I mean hell, in the 1980 election campaign, over 800 people were mashed up and killed in a few short weeks!! Different parts of Kingston are strongholds of both parties (in much the same way as street gangs have turfs - both sides wear their own colours as a part of this). It was this political violence which brought about Yardies - gunmen loyal to either political party 'cos after loosing an election, gunmen on the loosing team would find themselves rousted and wanted under pain of death and the winning team would hold the power on the streets and so the loosing team had to flee - and where to? To the States and UK. So the most gunman who fled were from JLP and went over to NYC & Miami and London - in those days (80's) they had the ganja trade, but nowadays its cociane of course in the main.

Someone else continue the thread?