THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Anonymous20

Re: THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 17th, 2004, 12:01 am

IN MY EYES THE G.O.A.T HE PUT IT DOWN FOR THE LATINOS
BIG PUN!!!!
EVEN IF HE STUDDA HE WILL STILL SHI SHI SHIT ON YOU..!!

AFTER THAT BIG L I WOULD SAY WAS A NICE ASS LYRICIST

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » June 17th, 2004, 11:01 am

I AGREE WITH U HOMIE ON PUN PUTTIN IT DOWN FOR LATINO'S, BUT YOUR TELLIN ME BIG L WAS BETTER THAN PAC?

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 17th, 2004, 5:20 pm

GTS wrote:I AGREE WITH U HOMIE ON PUN PUTTIN IT DOWN FOR LATINO'S, BUT YOUR TELLIN ME BIG L WAS BETTER THAN PAC?
YESIR HE WAS THATS JUST MY OPINION TAKE IT HAS U WANT BIG L WAS RAW WITH IT PAC WAS JUST A DEEP BROTHA PAC IN MY EYES WAS A GOAT ALSO BUT HAS FAR HAS RAPPING HE WAS WAY OVERATED I STILL RESPECT PAC CUZZ HE WAS A GREAT POET,LYRICIST,VOICE FOR YOUNG CATS,AND A LEADER SO HE STILL GETS MY RESPECT R.I.P BTW HIS BDAY WAS YESTERDAY WASNT IT???

riddla

Unread post by riddla » June 18th, 2004, 11:33 am

Greatest rapper off all time was Pac in my eyes. He took the game to another level. Everything he was talking about had a point to it and he spat the truth on every album.

Other rappers I think are up there include...

Big L- Freestyle legend with amazing punchlines. Wasnt the best at making actual songs though.

Jadakiss- The best at the moment maybe. His punchlines and lyrics are hot! His new album is gonna be a classic, I've heard half of it and its pure fire. Look out for that track called 'Why'.

BIG- An awesome rapper but although he was a great rapper I think that Pac is the only MC who is bigger than Rap, in the same way that Ali was bigger than Boxing.

Rakim, Royce the 5'9, Talib Kweli- They are all also spitting the truth and must get an honourable mention

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » June 18th, 2004, 11:38 am

[quote="swordswinging"]What??? Snoop Dogg is actually a runner up for greatest of all time? ROFLMAO!!! I laughed, I really did on that one, almost fell out of the chair. :lol:

Canibus would slaughter ALL of those guys in a battle. Big L.... yeah he's above average. But Canibus would eat him up too. But greatest of all time? I don't know who deserves that title. I for sure don't think Biggie deserves it. He released only 1 album before he died! It was a classic, but no way does it make him the greatest ever. His rhymes were above average too, nothing spectacular.

Lyrically, Canibus would mop up all the emcees you guys listed so far, sorry. But I wouldn't call him the greatest of all time, since he suffers from poor production a lot. And come on now.... Jay Z???? LOL. Nowhere near the greatest, that's just MTV hype. Mediocre at best.[PLEASE CANIBUS HA HA LOL LOL

zzzz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zzzz » June 18th, 2004, 2:28 pm

^^ And who do you think out of those guys on the other page can beat Canibus lyrically?? I already said he isn't the greatest, but he sure as hell would mop up Gay-Z and those other fools. But I want to hear your opinion since you seem so wise. Think of anyone and tell me why....but take your time and think now..... because if you mention any of these mainstream fools rhyming fuckk with fuckk, and gyrating all over BET like they got a vibrator stuck up their ass, I'm going to laugh my ass off at your stupidity.

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » June 18th, 2004, 9:30 pm

[quote="swsw"]^^ And who do you think out of those guys on the other page can beat Canibus lyrically?? I already said he isn't the greatest, but he sure as hell would mop up Gay-Z and those other fools. But I want to hear your opinion since you seem so wise. Think of anyone and tell me why....but take your time and think now..... because if you mention any of these mainstream fools rhyming fuckk with fuckk, and gyrating all over BET like they got a vibrator stuck up their ass, I'm going to laugh my ass off at your stupidity.[/quote] :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » June 20th, 2004, 1:05 am

Can-a-bitch is wack as hell. LL crushed him. THE GREATEST IS PAC!!! by far

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 20th, 2004, 7:41 am

lewis503 wrote:Can-a-female is wack as hell. LL crushed him. THE GREATEST IS PAC!!! by far
MAN SHUT THE FUCK UP

have u listened to canibus' albums. Mic club:the curriculum
and Rip the Jacker????
I DONT THINK YOU WOULD BE SAYIN HE's WACK
if hip hop, was based on imagination and raw talent. than you would see Canibus everywhere
He is so ill
None of those Mc's that y'all mentioned can beat canibus on the lyrical level.
Production and exposure wise hell ya.
the media got people thinkin that J kwon and Chigny are Ill rappers
I cant believe you said he's wack
maybe you dont like him, but dont say he's wack
he's put to much heart and soul in his shit, to be called wack by you, or anyone
yea he's different, and he doesnt care about money and glamour and shit
he's built on respect. and i respect him for that
He knows none of those rappers can touch him, but he's not the type to boast about it, maybe little references, but he lets the listener decide
what is considered wack to you?
sh*t nigga if you gonna say he's wack, than back it up

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » June 20th, 2004, 10:45 am

CHINO XL IS NOT THE GREATEST BUT ONE OF THE BEST

FOR THE GREATEST, IN MY OPNION WOULD BE "PAC"

zzzz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zzzz » June 20th, 2004, 5:46 pm

lewis503 wrote:Can-a-female is wack as hell. LL crushed him.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funniest $h!t I've read today. Why is Canibus wack as hell? Because someone at your school said so? LOL. You must also think 50 Cent is an 'ill' lyricist. LOL! You MTV lovin' fools crack me up. Go download some Chingy MP3's. Or go read up on the spare change vs. Ja Fool beef.

Don't waste your time with these fools kronic, most of the people who say stupid stuff like that can never back up their posts, and think someone is so damn good just because they get airtime all day long on MTV.

And yeah, Sam... Chino XL is another damn good lyricist. But pretty much goes unnoticed to all the MTV $h!t-Pop groupies.

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » June 20th, 2004, 8:52 pm

swsw wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funniest $h!t I've read today. Why is Canibus wack as hell? Because someone at your school said so? LOL. You must also think 50 Cent is an 'ill' lyricist. LOL! You MTV lovin' fools crack me up. Go download some Chingy MP3's. Or go read up on the spare change vs. Ja Fool beef.

Don't waste your time with these fools kronic, most of the people who say stupid stuff like that can never back up their posts, and think someone is so damn good just because they get airtime all day long on MTV.

And yeah, Sam... Chino XL is another damn good lyricist. But pretty much goes unnoticed to all the MTV $h!t-Pop groupies.[/quote/ DORK
Last edited by mike89 on June 21st, 2004, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzzz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zzzz » June 20th, 2004, 11:24 pm

^^ LOL. It's amazing...someone like you who contributes nothing to the board but stupidity in all capital letters, and who after 200 posts still can't seem to understand how to configure the BBCode to 'quote' properly; is a Moderator of a forum. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 21st, 2004, 3:12 am

Big Pun. In a recent poll by rappers they gave Big Pun much love as one of the greatest rappers, even Nas is quoted as saying he was one of the greatest, so I would have to give it to Pun, and then Kool G Rap, there is no other lyricist .

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » June 21st, 2004, 10:35 am

swsw wrote:^^ LOL. It's amazing...someone like you who contributes nothing to the board but stupidity in all capital letters, and who after 200 posts still can't seem to understand how to configure the BBCode to 'quote' properly; is a Moderator of a forum. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why the f*&@ you care as to what I do?????

zzzz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zzzz » June 21st, 2004, 2:59 pm

mike89 wrote:
swsw wrote:^^ LOL. It's amazing...someone like you who contributes nothing to the board but stupidity in all capital letters, and who after 200 posts still can't seem to understand how to configure the BBCode to 'quote' properly; is a Moderator of a forum. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL. I don't.....Don't go feeling all important now. Tell you the truth, I wasn't even paying attention to you until the other day. If you don't want to get my attention, please don't respond to my messages. Especially with stupid things like 'DDORK', half a dozen smiley's, or regurgitated opinions that you seen written by somebody else, without your own explanation.

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » June 21st, 2004, 3:18 pm

swsw wrote:
mike89 wrote:
LOL. I don't.....Don't go feeling all important now. Tell you the truth, I wasn't even paying attention to you until the other day. If you don't want to get my attention, please don't respond to my messages. Especially with stupid things like 'DDORK', half a dozen smiley's, or regurgitated opinions that you seen written by somebody else, without your own explanation.
GOOD THEN YOU CAN KEEP MY NAME OUTTA YOUR MOUTH,AND I'LL DO THE SAME. PEACE

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » June 21st, 2004, 3:59 pm

swsw wrote:

And yeah, Sam... Chino XL is another damn good lyricist. But pretty much goes unnoticed to all the MTV $h!t-Pop groupies.

Wtf are you talkin about? You dont kno what i listen to so shut up. I dont have to like can-a-female if i dont want to. Its funny becuz most of the people i find that like can-a-female are on the web. His ish isnt as hot as you think. Even if he was a good MC i cant listen to some one with wack ass beats. Any one who gets murked by an R&B rapper doesnt get no props from me.

zzzz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zzzz » June 21st, 2004, 5:51 pm

Get murked? LL Cool J? Canibus beats??? I said he's pure lyricist, and he could lyrically wreck all of that Snoop Dogg, Gay-Z crap they posted on the previous pages, read it over...DUH!!! HELLO???!? Whatever man, I'm tired of this thread. 50 Cent and Jay-Z are the greatest lyricists alright. Cause we all know, fitty's sooooooo gangstuh and Jay is such a pimp, and everybody else likes them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[img]http://www.eazy-e.net/upload/uploads/JayZ.jpeg[/img]

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » June 23rd, 2004, 3:55 am

alonso wrote:Big Pun. In a recent poll by rappers they gave Big Pun much love as one of the greatest rappers, even Nas is quoted as saying he was one of the greatest, so I would have to give it to Pun, and then Kool G Rap, there is no other lyricist .

PAC IS PROBABLY THE BEST OF ALL TIME AND BIGGIE REALLY CAN'T BE PUT IN THE SAME CATEGORY AND PAC. I MEAN BIGGIE WAS TIGHT IN ALL BUT NOT ON NO PAC LEVEL; BESIDES IF BIG PUN WOULD BEEN ABLE TO PUT ANOTHER FULL LENGTH CD I THINK HE WOULD OF BEEN UP THERE WITH PAC BECAUSE THAT NIGGA WAS TIGHT.

ROLLIN' el Heavy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ROLLIN' el Heavy » July 2nd, 2004, 12:54 am

BG MLOCO wrote:WHO DO YALL THINK IS THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME, ME PERSONALLY I THINK THAT THE NOTORIOUS BIG IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME AFTER HIM I WOULD SAY RAKIM, KRS-ONE EAZY E, SNOOP DOGG, MC SHAN, MC EIHT, RUN-DMC.

ETGC 4 LIFE 3X
I gotta say Tupac definitely. After that it's probly LL, Ice Cube, Erick Sermon, Snoop (Death Row days), Scarface, MC Eiht, Too Short, Rakim, Kool G Rap. Big Pun was pretty good. I guess it all depends on who you talk to.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 2nd, 2004, 5:13 am

Y.G. wrote:
alonso wrote:Big Pun. In a recent poll by rappers they gave Big Pun much love as one of the greatest rappers, even Nas is quoted as saying he was one of the greatest, so I would have to give it to Pun, and then Kool G Rap, there is no other lyricist .

PAC IS PROBABLY THE BEST OF ALL TIME AND BIGGIE REALLY CAN'T BE PUT IN THE SAME CATEGORY AND PAC. I MEAN BIGGIE WAS TIGHT IN ALL BUT NOT ON NO PAC LEVEL; BESIDES IF BIG PUN WOULD BEEN ABLE TO PUT ANOTHER FULL LENGTH CD I THINK HE WOULD OF BEEN UP THERE WITH PAC BECAUSE THAT NIGGA WAS TIGHT.
there are about 100 songs that PUN did that you can download, he did many colabs, and even did one with Biggie, and he ripped it on that one, but he did colabs with Heavy D, NAS, Next, Brandie, J Lo, Fat Joe, Bone Thugs, Beatnuts, Ashanti, Busta Rhymes, Wyclef, Kool G Rap, B Real. he had more collabs in a 18 month period than any other rapper.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » July 2nd, 2004, 10:06 am

Big L has biggie and Jay Z beat as far as skills in NY. Just didn't get his full chance to shine.

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » July 2nd, 2004, 1:37 pm

swsw wrote:Get murked? LL Cool J? Canibus beats??? I said he's pure lyricist, and he could lyrically wreck all of that Snoop Dogg, Gay-Z crap they posted on the previous pages, read it over...DUH!!! HELLO???!? Whatever man, I'm tired of this thread. 50 Cent and Jay-Z are the greatest lyricists alright. Cause we all know, fitty's sooooooo gangstuh and Jay is such a pimp, and everybody else likes them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[img]http://www.eazy-e.net/upload/uploads/JayZ.jpeg[/img]

I never said anything about 50 cent and jay-z. I said pac was the greatest. Smartass.

Dez Nutz Bytch

Unread post by Dez Nutz Bytch » July 4th, 2004, 10:27 pm

yea no doubt that i believe pound for pound lyrical for lyrical Big Pun was the greatest. and too my man up there, pun never did a collab with big those were just mixes kuz if u watched the big pun dvd pun even said how he wanted to do a collab with biggie, and he wrote the whole song, even biggie's verse but biggie died before shyt got poppin. and for those hip hop fans that always proclaim pac is the best alive LISTEN to the words and the flows and the way the artist puts his words into play thats y they're called artist kuz they r talented at what they do and like i said i believe Big Pun was the greatest and if pac big pun and big l were all alive Pun will still b on top

Brown-Life

Unread post by Brown-Life » July 5th, 2004, 4:27 pm

Twista owns, Gangsta Boo owns the Females.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » July 11th, 2004, 10:10 am

NO QUESTIONS, WITHOUT A DOUBT, I DON'T CARE WHAT ERA...

1- THE BLASTMASTER KRS-ONE..(#1) REAL HEADS NO THIS, AND HE GOT THE BEST LIVE HIP-HOP LIVE SHOW(EVEN TODAY) AND DON'T ARGUE THIS, YOU CAN'T!!! GO GET THE "BDP LIVE HARDCORE ALBUM" IT'S ONE OF HIP-HOP'S AND RAP BEST EVER!!!!

2- RAKIM ALLAH...(REAL HEADS NO THIS ALSO!!)

AFTER NUMBER 2 IT COULD GO TO MANY PEOPLE, SOME OF MINE....

THIS IS NOT IN ORDER-

NAS
BIG PUN(ONE OF THE MOST SLEPT ON..RIP)
JADAKISS
KOOL G RAP
CRAIG G
LL
TUPAC (HE WILL BE BACK)
GZA
RAEKWON
ICE CUBE(THE JURI CURL CUBE- NOT THIS HOLLYWOOD ONE)
BIG L
BIGGIE
RASS KASS(ONE OF THE MOST SLEPT ON, AND HE FROM THE WEST)
C-LO (BEFORE HE TURNED WEIRD)
BIG DADDY KANE
JAY-Z
BLACK THOUGHT
GHOSTFACE
CANIBUS
COMMON
TALIB KWELI
MOS DEF

IT'S TOO MANY TO NAME.

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X
Last edited by 'X' on August 20th, 2004, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Casper » July 12th, 2004, 11:38 am

I gotta give it up to 2Pac and Snoop Dogg
Im not into all that East Coast rap
Without Dre there would be no Snoop

Storm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Storm » August 16th, 2004, 5:26 am

My 'personal' greatest is 'Pac - for his lyrics and the fact he could make you feel it, he was a great lyricist and storyteller as well as having the delivery.

I admit I hadn't heard Big Pun (but will check it out) .

I do give B.I.G his props but to quote a previous poster 'Pac was on a whole 'nother level. What both of them could have done had they lived.

To throw a cat among the Pigeons - I'm not a huge Snoop fan but he wrote most of the lyrics on 'the Chronic'.

Question: Is Dre the great producer he's made out to be? (just in people's opinion)

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » August 16th, 2004, 11:47 am

this is my list 4 the greatest rappers of all-time.
(in no particular order)

Biggie Smalls
Nas
SCARFACE
M.O.P.
Killah Priest(affiliated with WU-TANG)
the whole muthajokin WU-TANG CLAN!!!!-niggas seem 2 4get about WU
Guru from GANGSTARR
Common Sense

i will add more 2 the list
ya'll better get on the REAL HIP-HOP!!!
Last edited by TarHeelRED on August 19th, 2004, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » August 16th, 2004, 12:00 pm

tarheelred wrote:this is my list 4 the greatest rappers of all-time.
(in no particular order)

Biggie Smalls
Nas
SCARFACE
M.O.P.
Killah Priest(affiliated with WU-TANG)
the whole muthajokin WU-TANG CLAN!!!!-niggas seem 2 4get about WU
Guru from Gangstarr

i will add more 2 the list
ya'll better get on the REAL HIP-HOP!!!
That's a good list, I agree on your Wu comment, I believe people just used to simple kiddy lyrics and don't understand how knowledgeable and deep the Wu is. A lot of people say they wack, but people just don't understand what they sayin. And Guru is one of my favorites. Whenyou sayin who is the "ALL-TIME" best, my first two is The Blastmaster KRS-ONE,then Rakim Allah!!! And don't sleep on PUN!! It's too many to name though. Oh, and I forgot Killah Priest, remember the song with Rass Kass-"What Part Of The Game Is That"? this song relates to exactly what the music industry is now.
Last edited by 'X' on August 16th, 2004, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » August 16th, 2004, 12:17 pm

right on D.X.