Which Rappers Were Really Gangsters

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Which Rappers Were Really Gangsters

Unread post by Bulls Fan » July 30th, 2003, 7:04 pm

What about any of the "down south" rappers? for example, Project Pat, 3 6 mafia, any of cash money or no limit...i know Master P and his family are from Calliope(sp) Projects, but i was wondering if they had any affil.

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » July 30th, 2003, 9:01 pm

Project Pat, & most of Three 6 Mafia claim Gangster Disciple, they've made it plain. The thing about this group though, is that two of the members are Vice Lords, which I always thought was pretty funny. Lord Infamous, is obviously one of the two, but so is his cousin DJ Paul. Cash Money, I'm not real sure about, but I've seen Baby throw up VL on numerous occasions. As far as Master P goes, I've heard that the Black Gangster Nation runs the Caliope Projects in N.O., but I've never been there, so I can't say for sure.

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » July 31st, 2003, 7:12 am

yes the VICE LORDS AND GANGSTER DISCIPLES ARE RIVALS, AS FOR BABY FROM CASH MONEY HE'S THROW'S UP AND SAYS VL, BUT THAT IS FOR THE STREET HE GREW UP ON, CRUCIAL CONFLICT ARE VICE LORDS FROM CHICAGO, YOUNG BLEED IS A 4 CORNER HUSTLER VICE LORD, LIFY STOKES FROM THE SPEEDKNOT MOBSTAZ IS A 4 CORNER HUSTLER VICE LORD, CAP-ONE FROM CHICAGO IS A GANGSTER DISCIPLE, THE DAYTON FAMILY ARE GANGSTER DISCIPLES, theres probably a lot more..peace

pico
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pico » August 10th, 2003, 3:23 pm

8) bgCasper, this is for you, mayne. Whassup with Corner Pocket Crips, the set that Coolio was in? I've seen that set name in a couple of places. I know on the site alonso listed Pocket Hood Compton Crips. So are those two the same set? And are they active?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 10th, 2003, 8:19 pm

4 corner blocc is from the city of long beach north side just south east of compton on south of artesia blvd coolidge park area artesia north long beach blvd west coolidge east 710 frwy i think they not really active nowaday ,but was active back in the bangin days and they was close with poccet thats the reason they call them corner poccet hood like you have ss atlantic or nh kelly park ,i was asking many people because somebody from pocket hood told me they have a west side hood in 131 st in original front hood area ? so i was kinna of surprised and wonder if somebody could give me more info about pocket hood west ????cause south of greanleaf on long beach boulevard its blvd mafia crips a long beach north side gang greenleaf north artesia south compton college west long beach east use to have some pockets hoodstaz on the otherside of long beach blvd but they kind of rare by now i mean you don't see them nowaday the cvm4l along with other surenos are hangin' there so i was wondering ....you say you saw the name in a couple of places well were ? cause those tags are rare nowaday ...

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » August 10th, 2003, 8:52 pm

Im askin this question again. Does any1 know what E-40 and the clique claim because he be saying stuff like ricket get out line ya gotta ice em and Ck all types of stuff I know he be hollerin Hillside and 1300 block hes from Vallejo is he damu or somethin?

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » August 11th, 2003, 1:39 am

TO RESPOND TO CASPER THE POCKET HOODS DO HAVE A HOOD ON THE WEST I DON'T THINK THEY ARE ACTIVE KNOW BUT THE REASON I KNOW ABOUT THEM IS BECAUSE MY DAD FROM THE NELLAS HAD STORIES ABOUT HIM AND HIS HOMIES GETTIN DOWN WITH THEM NI99AZ FROM CORNER POCKET AND FRONT HOOD.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 11th, 2003, 4:25 am

yes they share a block with front hood around 131 st and willmington , please yg be more precise were they exactly are ... if you know ?

intramix

Unread post by intramix » August 12th, 2003, 2:17 pm

G bka C.rum

whud up mayne,

I have seen your post a couple of times... referring to forty-water/ E-40
from the N.Bay

V- Town is str8 crazy mayne N/S W/S E/S & SS.... with some str8 physco hoods mayne. Hoods like Rancho - Hillside - College Park - Crestside - Millers Ville too many too list. Broadway - Sonoma - Springs Rd - Waterfront - Dan Foley Park .... Shit been wild since the 70's.

V-Town is the city I claim with strong roots in E/S Lakewood.

I can't say I have ever seen E-40 flashin' or claim'n anything but the Valley Joe....

I posted a list of sets ... up here in the N.Bay... but I didn't list anything from the V and not going too.

Couple years back when Mac Dre come up from 3's Down (Country Club Crest) = Crestside. He got framed for the bank robberies that the Romper Room Gang was in on from the crest. Shit VPD put a police station right in front of the crest... just made it easier for them nazi cops to get paid.

Back in the day in the N. Bay -- We put in down for our city.... cities like
Oakland, Berkely, Fairfield, Sac, Pitt, Richmond, Frisco, Martinez, S-Jose etc - always came into the V starting mess.

Plus there's like 3 chapters of them crazy ass Hells Angels in the V also.

I know this didn't answer your question.... but hillside is just a hood, actually 40 moved out of the V couple years back

Up in the N.Bay bangin ain't the same as it is in LA ..

Everything up here is bout that mail = $$$$

Pimpin, Slanging, Jackin and Hustlin gettin' that paper mayne.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 14th, 2003, 12:22 pm

I'm going way back with this article: http://www.nydailynews.com/city_life/bi ... 5390c.html

"All the gangs were territorial — the Vampires, the Dragons, the Egyptian Kings and the legendary Fordham Baldies in the Bronx, the Gowanus Stompers, Bath Beach Rebels, Red Hook Midgets and Amboy Dukes in Brooklyn."

Note the 1950's singers who were also gang members in NYC. Article mentions that Dion, of Dion and the Belmonts was a Baldie while two other guys in his group belonged to a different gang called the Imperials!

pico
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pico » August 20th, 2003, 1:08 pm

CASPER, what does rich rollin mean? I've seen the term in a couple of lyrics and heard the song by WC with that name.

Cereal_K
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Cereal_K » August 24th, 2003, 4:02 pm

Yo, wuz up, here from spain, in this " g net " thang, ive read that coolio was from corner pocket crip, is that pocket hood ?
And i saw an interview where Mc eiht the one of Compton´s most wanted, said " how would i look bein 30 still bangin, hittin switches, tryin to carjack people?" when many g´s be 30 o more and still bangin, and he got rich of this gang bangin shit. They say he banged with Tragnew Park, but as he isnt living in compton, he should show some respéct 4 the homiez, cause he got attetion 4 gangsta rappin and if they were no gangs, he wouldnt be shit.
I wanna know if Ice Cube was in a gang, cause he always be talkin bout gangsta shit, and seem a fake ass.

Keep it real, lil dawgz !!!!!!

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 24th, 2003, 8:36 pm

rich rollin' is ballin' in hoodsta slang ,and ice cube is a true buster from no hood he claimed 111 nhc but if you ask the hoodstaz of his generation about cube they gonna say that nigga never was from the hood ....

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » August 24th, 2003, 10:14 pm

Thats ah trip because cubes fake ass was claimin he was from Compton when he was with N.W.A.

Minilogo

Unread post by Minilogo » August 25th, 2003, 6:40 am

What about Too Short? He a gangsta?

style
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by style » August 25th, 2003, 11:37 pm

as far as I know todd shaw aka too short neva claimed to be a gansta. He just claims to be a pimp and a hustler.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 26th, 2003, 9:04 am

There you go believing everything a fool say on the microphone. Get this homies, Rap is entertainment. You must really think Arnold Schwarzennegger shot up tons of fools in real life too...LOL. I'm not defending any one man who claims to be something that they are definitely not, that's on them, the hood, and GOD. But to be real honest, selling records, making records, you gotta make comprimises and all that. Back in the NWA days, EAZY E couldn't rap a lick, but they made him do it. CUBE wrote the lyrics, DRE and YELLA produced the classic "BOYZ N the HOOD". Now in the beginning, the rap world was different. You make a couple 12"lps to get the buzz going on the street, then hopefully land a deal on a small/medium size label willing to invest in putting out one of your albums. Nowadays you got majors coming to your porchstep if you got the hot stuff they think they can pass out. Anyways, I might be going too deep on this. I think NWA's Straight Outta Compton was a straight classic. Plus it would've sounded funny if the song was changed to "Straight Outta Compton and South Central and Inglewood and L.A.", as many of the other members were from different parts from the city, like Cube, Arabian Prince. And if you remember Low Profile (WC and DJ ALLADIN), WC rapped that he wasn't a gangbanger, but in 2003 he's a hoodster? Whether he was from back then or not, it's gotten commercial to claim a set on the mic. Does he make good music? Yeah, I like some of his tunes. I won't turn a deaf ear to someone who isn't really truthful to their street ties. If these fools were really street or on the street, they'd be dead, locked up, or smoked out. Street credibility is not one of my "qualifications" of being a rapper/entertainer. It's the message and the music ya dig? That's all it is.

Minilogo

Unread post by Minilogo » August 26th, 2003, 9:11 am

^Damn bro. That makes alot of sense.

Snowman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Snowman » August 30th, 2003, 8:41 am

Shorty from the Lench Mob was a Crip. You can see a gang photo of him on their website at http://www.dalenchmob.com . Ice Cube was never a gangster. J-D actually said that once that Ice was never comfertable in the company that the LeEnch Mob kept.

50 cent keeps on sayin that he was shot nine times and therefor he's a gangsta but thats buulshit. See the '50 cent bra' threat fopr more of what I think about him.

Damu Ridaz were obviously gangsters.

Some of the Chicano rappers were part of gangs, like I think Lil One was an xv3. I also think that Mr. Vic was a gangbanger.

Eazy E actually came from quite a rich family, but that dosn't make him a non gangster. I think Pacewun was part of a Detroit gang as well.

Spice 1 was a crip. Snow was part of a gang in toronto and while his 'Informer' track was being recorded he was on the run from police because of 2 attempted murders.

Snoop Dogg obviously was an Insane Crip from Long Beach. There are pictures on http://www.donmega.com of him throwing up handsigns.

Jayo Felony was from San Faransisco but he was still a Crip.

I think one of Brand Nubian was from an anti-white Muslim gang.

Warran G was a Rollin 20s crip.

Mack 10 was an Inglewood Blood

DJ Quik was a Tree Top Blood I think.

the South Central cartel claimed once that they were Hoover crips.

Suge Knight was a Blood.

Sen Dog I think was one of the only hispanic Bloods.

Hi-C was a blood, despite his name.

Coolio was a Cmpton crip

Ice T was a Hoover Crip I think.

I will post a seperate post for UK rappers and MCs who were once gangsters.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 30th, 2003, 8:46 am

snowman we went thru all that ... and eazy e was not a rich boy his father was a postman ... he was midle low ... and ice t was no gangmember please read the previous post and then learn ... we went thru all this and in detail ... you just have to go back and read ... cause you are just repeating our shit with less details .

Cereal_K
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Cereal_K » September 1st, 2003, 3:01 pm

Yo, i wuz thinking, Yo COOLIO from which gang was he, if he was from a gang????

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 3rd, 2003, 9:28 pm

LOLOLOL WHY YOU WANTS HIS PIC WITH A BLUE RAG ????
THIS IS THE MAGIC BOARD WERE CEREAL KILLED THE MADRID TAGGER WHO DREAMED ABOUT LICKING NIGGAS BALLS CAN FULLFILL HIS FANTASYS HE CAN EVEN DIS COMPTON NIGGAZ CALL THEM NIGGAZ WITHOUT BEING CUT IN SMALL PIECES , INSULT MOTHERS LOLOL I WISH WE MEET ONE DAY ....ILL MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE A BYITCH ,

and lil bityatchh ass cereal killed lololol no coment lil gay boay you want my pic so hard well go on a gay forum and get a big phat niggas dick in your lil spanish mouth cause you speak to dawm much lil bitch you need your nutty lil monkey ass to be filled with compton sperm well go and ask another nigga ...FAKE ASS NET BANGER WATCH WHAT THE BUSTER SEND ME :

To: bgCASPER
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:25 pm
Subject: C-Loc
Yo wuz up, u bang hard ? the photos of gang members with guns are the best, yo send me u with the blue rag, my e-mail is : k_cee8@hotmail.com
I wuz trippin , man, i think CRIPS IZ 4 LIFE.

Keep it real . dawgz!!

SO ITS THE SAME BUSTA WHO ASK US THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CRIPS AND A TAGGER WELL ON THE PREVIOUS POST SEEMS LIKE HE KNEW IT CAUSE HE WAS CLAIMIN CRIP 4 LIFE LOLOLOLOL
WHAT A SORRY ASS BUSTER FAKE ASS BIYTCH
AND YOU CAN READ : HE LOVES THE PICS WITH BIG GUNZ AND BLUE RAGS WHAT TYPE OF GAY SHYT IS THAT ???

AND AT THE END HE STATED KEEP IT REAL DAWG LOLOL BUT HE IS FAKE AS FUCCKQ

ON ANOTHER TOPIC HE STATED HE GONNA RIDE AGAINST ME WITH KEE FEE D ??? KEITH DAVIS AKA KEE FEE D IS THE UNCLE OF ONE OF MY MAIN HOMIE TRAVIS LOLOL THE GAY BOYS NEVER SET A FOOT IN COMPTON HE IS FROM MADRID AND DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A CRIPS IS AND THIS DUMM AS GAY BOAY JUST CAUSE HE WANTS TO WANK AND COLLECT NIGGAS PICS WITH BIG GUNZ START LIEING ABOUT HIM HANGIN WITH KEITH , ABOUT HIM BEING A FICTIONAL CRIPS BY THE NAME OF C LOC THAN THIS SAME BOAY ALWAYS SIGN AND WRITE KEEP IT REAL ??? WELL KICK THAT FAGGET OUT OF THE BOARD CAUSE WE ARE WASTING TIME HERE ....

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » September 3rd, 2003, 9:45 pm

jus replyin to some post i saw earlier:

the realest from texas but join mob piru when he moved out here

slip capone aint from lbc, he from some hood in hawthorne, I think watergate.

knocturnal from west blvd

daz is from yfc/insane

pac was from mob piru, regardless of what people say, that money over bitches shit was a front

shyne and sticky fingaz is from the deceptionz in queens

dipset are bloods from harlem

adam shame is a blood in atlanta

hollow tip is a blood from sac town

someone told me dru down from some blood hood in la, he joined when he used to be in la alot.

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » September 3rd, 2003, 9:54 pm

Shyne's from Brooklyn, as for what he claims, I have no idea. All of the members of Onyx are from southside Jamaica Queens, & they're all former Decepts.

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » September 10th, 2003, 2:19 pm

CAP1 FROM CHICAGO IS A GANGSTER DISCIPLE FROM THE WILD 100'S, THE RAP GROUP CALLED DIRTY FROM ALABAMA ARE GANGSTER DISCIPLES, ALRIGHT PEACE

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » September 10th, 2003, 2:52 pm

mybad already posted about cap1 he is signed on motown records, also i would like to know when did everyone start finding out that the dude from cypress hill is a 89 family, i mean has this be confirmed??

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » September 10th, 2003, 2:55 pm

underground rapper from diego, mitchy slick is from lincoln park bloods, so is another rapper don diego, they toured with the liks...alright peace

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » September 10th, 2003, 3:16 pm

"AND YOU CAN READ : HE LOVES THE PICS WITH BIG GUNZ AND BLUE RAGS WHAT TYPE OF GAY SHYT IS THAT ??? "
wassup BGCASPER. that foolio you be warring with on these boards could be anybody. even the POLICE homie. these boards are open to the public and you know as well as me there be some gang investigators checking this site out DAILY getting the low low on whats up out there...i know you know whats up but i just wanted to put this out there to anyone else who aint trippin, im not trying to spook anyone, im just putting a reminder out there...peace...

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » September 10th, 2003, 6:46 pm

What set is Damu from?

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » September 10th, 2003, 6:54 pm

Was Dj Yella a banger, and what set?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 10th, 2003, 8:59 pm

thanks homies ... i know that ...and you put your face out with a gang tag behind throwin sign and your case is sealed ....

vt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by vt » September 11th, 2003, 7:15 am

whitekid wrote:What set is Damu from?
if you are talking about the Damu from Diego, he's from 59 brims..