CENSORSHIP

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

CENSORSHIP

Unread post by Noog » May 21st, 2004, 9:35 am

I have noticed that there are a number of threads which have mysteriously 'dissapeared'! Like, for example, the Cannabis debate. Sure, if it rund outta steam and its a dull ting and nobody is interested in thinking about the issue, well maybe I'm an old school debator who enjoys breaking it down. My concern however is that the post has just gone AWOL. Wots the story, censorship? Man, if this is censorship, though it'll make no difference to the site of course, I'm gettin outta here, never to return!

Calling all boys and girls out there who hate censorship of intelligent conversation cos of fear or whatever... let 'em know. Maybe I;m wrong, its just fallen into a virtual hole on the site or something....If it is censorship, wots the point of this site - to be a watered down, soft lad mumsy posting ting? Wots the story moderators?

SouLja4LyFe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: CENSORSHIP

Unread post by SouLja4LyFe » May 21st, 2004, 10:13 am

Not exactly sure wut topics and posts your referring to. But the mods and alonso enforce cencorship to a degree because we dont want this site to have alot of fake ass wanna be gangstaz and net bangers on it. If we have that, it takes away from real conversaton and a chance to gain knowledge of wuts goin on in gangs all over the world. But we are not deleting any topics or posts for no reason. The only reason we wud delete a topic or post is if the topic was filled with net banging and talkin shit or if the topic had no relation to anything about gangs, the only reason we wud delete a post is if the post was filled with net banging. Other than that, all the mods do is recommend any bans that need to be taken care of, and also move topics that are in the wrong section to the correct section. We can and will also lock topics if they are filled with net banging and unusefull gang information. I hope this helped you out with your question. If you have any questions or comments you can contact me or alonso.

kevmac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kevmac » May 21st, 2004, 10:32 am

Really though, I've seen that too man. There was no net banging or none of that in these threads/posts that got deleted, just discussion and good info but now theyre not there anymore. That's not normal..

SouLja4LyFe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouLja4LyFe » May 21st, 2004, 11:18 am

wut threads are u talkin about? Wut are the names?

SouLja4LyFe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouLja4LyFe » May 21st, 2004, 11:54 am

Noog wrote:I have noticed that there are a number of threads which have mysteriously 'dissapeared'! Like, for example, the Cannabis debate. Sure, if it rund outta steam and its a dull ting and nobody is interested in thinking about the issue, well maybe I'm an old school debator who enjoys breaking it down. My concern however is that the post has just gone AWOL. Wots the story, censorship? Man, if this is censorship, though it'll make no difference to the site of course, I'm gettin outta here, never to return!

Calling all boys and girls out there who hate censorship of intelligent conversation cos of fear or whatever... let 'em know. Maybe I;m wrong, its just fallen into a virtual hole on the site or something....If it is censorship, wots the point of this site - to be a watered down, soft lad mumsy posting ting? Wots the story moderators?
The cannibus Debate is now at the top of this forum. It must have been in a another page in the same forum. If u think a topic has been deleted, make sure u search for the topic name first.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » May 21st, 2004, 3:59 pm

Guys I noticed the same thing and we haven't had anything to do with it. It could be that the site is being migrated to another site hosting service and there was an error or something. I repeat, we are not deleting the great amount of threads that have been deleted. I am PMn'g to hopefully get an answer. Thank you.

Oh and this thread belongs in the web page development section.

SouLja4LyFe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouLja4LyFe » May 21st, 2004, 5:53 pm

yo wcrockets, did u get at alonso n ask him wut u asked me?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » May 22nd, 2004, 12:12 am

Lol.. Sure I did. But this is going down old school. Wait and see. I am. Peace.

Lisseth

Unread post by Lisseth » May 22nd, 2004, 12:25 pm

I know it seems sometimes that we've erased certain posts that are thought-provoking. That's not necessarily the case. In the case of the Cannabis Debate, no one had posted a reply in several days, and when that happens, it falls lower on the list to make room for new posts. Like someone recommended, look at other pages of the topics to find what you're looking for. As far as erasing posts: We ask that the board users refrain from using profanity at all times, as well as purposely misspelled words. The reason we ask this is that a lot of times, people come here to research certain topics and find that they are not savvy on the vernacular and it therefore becomes useless to them. There have been posts (and you've seen them) that are completely illegible due to capitalization of different letters, bad spelling, and atrocious grammar---these are the ones that we erase. Alonso did post an announcement saying to not do these thing if you knew it was wrong, yet people have continued, despite my pleadings and warnings. We apologize if we seem to want to have a choke-hold on your opinions, but we want people to be able to understand the issues addressed here.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » May 28th, 2004, 7:14 am

I hear you BUT....loads of my new posts keep just vanishing - boof - like that. I have criticised the American Government in a big way in the posts regarding the so called war on terror etc, and they have just gone AWOL. I hear that you say that its nowt to do with the moderators, and forgive me for being a little paranoid 'bout it, but my posts, especially the ones with a little life in 'em have just gone BOOF!

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » May 28th, 2004, 10:06 am

No Noog it's about the migration of the board to another ISP. Go check my sticky post in Gang Information. It is NOT a conspiracy of the US Government.. lololol. Geesh.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » July 5th, 2004, 9:46 pm

Sometimes posts are moved to other sections. That happens everyday, so you might want to search for your post if you cant find it. We only delete the absolutely ridiculous posts.