Tyson Ko'ed by Danny Williams

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Tyson Ko'ed by Danny Williams

Unread post by Past » July 30th, 2004, 9:56 pm

Wow, i didnt see the fight but i read a article on a boxing site and it said Tyson was Ko'ed by a series of punches Danny Williams threw. First Roy now Mike. Wonder how Tyson's future will be now .

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Tyson Ko'ed by Danny Williams

Unread post by Conman » July 31st, 2004, 1:21 am

^^^Mike hurt his knee in the 1st round (twisted I think), but that is no excuse. He was whoopin ol boys ass until the 3rd....he ran out of gas.

Mike is only a 3-round fighter now. He was heavy and ran out of gas too soon. This dude Williams was looking like Holyfield the way he was tapping Mikes ass. A focused healthy Mike could have probably finished this guy in 2 or 3 rounds. This Mike got knocked out...he didnt even want to get up even with a long count.

Mike should retire or become simply a sideshow in the Heavyweight division. Any chance of a title or big $ fight are done. I am highly disappointed right now :x :evil:

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » July 31st, 2004, 2:11 am

For me i was obviously pleased for williams(a brixton boy) but found it sad and degrading for a once phenomanal pucher tyson to be losing to average fighters like williams who wouldn,t have lasted 2 rounds with the of the old .But apparently he is broke,mmm he used to get 40 mill a fight.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » July 31st, 2004, 4:04 am

Tyson needs to hang up his gloves. I think it will only get worse for him...

caineIsignz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caineIsignz » July 31st, 2004, 9:56 pm

TYSON FOR LIFE.
STRAIGHT THUG.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » August 2nd, 2004, 9:39 am

it's all over. he needs to find another line of work.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » August 2nd, 2004, 5:49 pm

^^^
If the promoters are smart, they will have a rematch between the two. It is obvious that Tyson is not a threat to be champ, but he can still make $ and that is a big plus in boxing.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » August 3rd, 2004, 3:45 am

Conman wrote:^^^
If the promoters are smart, they will have a rematch between the two. It is obvious that Tyson is not a threat to be champ, but he can still make $ and that is a big plus in boxing.
OH NO DOUBT THAT WILL HAPPEN. THATS ALL THEY WANT $$

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » August 4th, 2004, 9:12 am

TYSON NEEDS 2 QUIT B4 HE GETS KILLED IN THE RING…LITERALLY…THE MAN BOXING SKILLS IS STR8 DOO-DOO NOWADAYS…

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » August 4th, 2004, 11:16 am

I think Tyson can still make a comeback, but he needs to start with a BETTER trainer and easier "tune-up" fights to gain more confidence. You can't make a "boxer" in the traditional sense out of a "puncher" like Tyson. He needs that seek and destroy mentality and style because of his size and the weight division that he is in. They just need to go back to square 1 and work from the original style he was taught..................advance with a bob/weave.............break the distance with his jab..............and then throw his hooks,overhands, and uppercuts once het get's inside of his opponent's defense.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » August 4th, 2004, 12:39 pm

NYorker wrote:I think Tyson can still make a comeback, but he needs to start with a BETTER trainer and easier "tune-up" fights to gain more confidence. You can't make a "boxer" in the traditional sense out of a "puncher" like Tyson. He needs that seek and destroy mentality and style because of his size and the weight division that he is in. They just need to go back to square 1 and work from the original style he was taught..................advance with a bob/weave.............break the distance with his jab..............and then throw his hooks,overhands, and uppercuts once het get's inside of his opponent's defense.
Tyson has the best trainer of 2003 and 2001 Freddie Roach. Freddie trained Tyson hard since March for this fight and Tyson was in better shape then his last few fights, and was disapointed to what happened , but as from what I hear Tyson says he lost the fight becuase of hte unbearable pain in his knee, he couldnt turn it or do anything with it thats why he stayed down for the count. I think if it wasnt for that knee tyson would of won this.

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » August 4th, 2004, 12:56 pm

Past wrote:
NYorker wrote:I think Tyson can still make a comeback, but he needs to start with a BETTER trainer and easier "tune-up" fights to gain more confidence. You can't make a "boxer" in the traditional sense out of a "puncher" like Tyson. He needs that seek and destroy mentality and style because of his size and the weight division that he is in. They just need to go back to square 1 and work from the original style he was taught..................advance with a bob/weave.............break the distance with his jab..............and then throw his hooks,overhands, and uppercuts once het get's inside of his opponent's defense.
Tyson has the best trainer of 2003 and 2001 Freddie Roach. Freddie trained Tyson hard since March for this fight and Tyson was in better shape then his last few fights, and was disapointed to what happened , but as from what I hear Tyson says he lost the fight becuase of hte unbearable pain in his knee, he couldnt turn it or do anything with it thats why he stayed down for the count. I think if it wasnt for that knee tyson would of won this.
Roach may be the "best" trainer for 2001/2003 but he is not the best trainer for Tyson in my opinion. As for the knee....well I don't know, if it hurt so bad he should have pulled a Vitali and quit when he couldn't move right. It would have saved him some "face" and from getting KO'd unnessecarily.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » August 4th, 2004, 2:56 pm

Tyson pays Freddie a lot of money, and respects Freddie for all his done for him, I do not thin Tyson would fire him. Here is a interview with Freddie after the fight.

http://www.boxinginsider.net/news/stories/93505956.php

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » August 5th, 2004, 11:18 am

Tyson didn't quit because he had Williams hurt badly in round 1 and probably thought he could get rid of him. When Williams knocked him down then..........

It all boils down to money. Mike is BIG $$$$ in boxing...he is the biggest name in the sport. Besides, Mike has to fight to pay off that debt.

Do not be surprised if Roy Jones, Toney, Tarver, all these cats try and get at him by next year. They will do this only because everyone knows that Mike is definitely beatable, even by one of the non-heavys. And they also know that beating him, even unimpressive to some, will still make news.

One of those promoters, Goosen, King, someone, will make a deal with Mike and set it up. The kicker is, Mike has to beat somebody soon or he will lose his aura of shock.....What I mean by that is, he is bankable as a draw but not a real threat for a title, so he needs to go out and ko fools to show that he has something left in the tank so people will still want to see him. If he loses the shock factor, noone will pay or want to see a washed up boxer...even if it is Mike. If he fights Williams again, a healthy Mike could win.....as long as it doesnt go past 4 rounds.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » August 16th, 2004, 12:52 pm

it dont matter what yall say Tyson is still the man! he's done proved himself already. Tyson aint got nothing else 2 prove. in my eyes Tyson is the "best boxer of all-time."

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » August 21st, 2004, 7:29 pm

according to williams, tyson's strength wore in by the fourth round due to william's strategy of resting and hugging over tyson in the fight. williams is way past 220 lbs and is much taller than tyson. it makes much sense to me since tyson's trainer, freddie roach was complained that tyson tweaked his knee in the earlier rounds which contributed to his loss of power.

everybody who knows about how tyson operates is that he gets the strength and power of his punch from his lower body, particulary his hips and the motions of his knees. tyson, however, sucked it in and never admitted the knee problem..his trainer did for him.

williams knew this from the start and that's why he utilized his strategy and knew that he could take tyson out in the latter rounds just as evander did tyson.

rummy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rummy » April 26th, 2006, 6:11 pm

That lost was more embarrasing then losing to buster douglas Danny Williams is the worst fighter ive ever seen.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » April 27th, 2006, 3:03 am

i never seen this fight , so if someone has it on tape could they send me a copy? I will return the copy to them.