Blood In Blood Out (1993)

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Does Blood In Blood Out qualify?

Unread post by TheReal » August 3rd, 2004, 11:32 am

To Oxnard:

-You're wrong.....The AB was formed because the Latinos and African Americans were terrorizing the Caucasians.

*Yeah, but before the Eme formed, they (mexicans) were being terrorized by white inmates and guards.

KRDreJ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KRDreJ » August 3rd, 2004, 11:25 pm

TheReal wrote:
KRDreJ wrote:and why are you speaking like you know NYYORKER? These things are not to be talked about if u know
*NY is possibly telling the truth, and trust me, he can talk about it, because it ain't all that deep!
Nope doesn't know what he's talking about unless he's one of the prison gang members

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » August 4th, 2004, 1:27 pm

KRDreJ wrote:
TheReal wrote:
KRDreJ wrote:and why are you speaking like you know NYYORKER? These things are not to be talked about if u know
*NY is possibly telling the truth, and trust me, he can talk about it, because it ain't all that deep!
Nope doesn't know what he's talking about unless he's one of the prison gang members
*Okay, how about if I were to say, that I spent one year and three months in the can? Will I then qualify as someone who can speak on what I "know?"

I'll put it this way man, I'm out...you guys can have this discussion, and other issues.

After today, I'm going on a loooooooooooooooooooong vacation. Peace...

KRDreJ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KRDreJ » August 4th, 2004, 2:55 pm

TheReal wrote:
KRDreJ wrote:
TheReal wrote:
*Okay, how about if I were to say, that I spent one year and three months in the can? Will I then qualify as someone who can speak on what I "know?"

I'll put it this way man, I'm out...you guys can have this discussion, and other issues.

After today, I'm going on a loooooooooooooooooooong vacation. Peace...
if you even hit prison that doesn't make you the know it all cuz your not there talking to them and they don't be telling you stuff

peace

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 4th, 2004, 5:36 pm

its a very realistic view of prison gangs and their connections to outside street gangs. also shows the philospophy behind "la raza" the radical mexican movement that is intent on turning the american southwest into mexico.

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » August 4th, 2004, 8:45 pm

I know what the fuck I am talking about and everything I said was true........holmes

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » August 4th, 2004, 8:47 pm

KRDreJ wrote:
TheReal wrote:
Were YOU one of the prison gang members? Where am I wrong?

KRDreJ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KRDreJ » August 5th, 2004, 12:23 am

NYorker wrote:
KRDreJ wrote:
TheReal wrote:
Were YOU one of the prison gang members? Where am I wrong?
Thats why I am not speaking like I am the Eme leader and talking trash on the surenos cuz your very lame if u diss people on the internet mijo

Sheeklouchdblock
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Sheeklouchdblock » September 11th, 2004, 2:00 am

Blood in Blood out was a cool flick to me, but I personally think its a copied vrsion of American Me, I could name a few reasons why......

1) There Was A White boy who was half mexican who was in the gang,Where in Also in American Me there Was A white boy in La Eme

2) In American Me One of the little fool Od'ed on a Drug Overdose in he Bathroom, In Blood In Blood Out, Tere was also an Od with a little kid....

3) American Me The Main Gang Leader Was Killed, In Blood In Blood Out The Main Gang Leader In La Onda was killed as well

I could probably think of more, but F#@! it......

562_HOMIE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562_HOMIE » October 15th, 2004, 8:32 pm

Sheeklouchdblock wrote:Blood in Blood out was a cool flick to me, but I personally think its a copied vrsion of American Me, I could name a few reasons why......

1) There Was A White boy who was half mexican who was in the gang,Where in Also in American Me there Was A white boy in La Eme

2) In American Me One of the little fool Od'ed on a Drug Overdose in he Bathroom, In Blood In Blood Out, Tere was also an Od with a little kid....

3) American Me The Main Gang Leader Was Killed, In Blood In Blood Out The Main Gang Leader In La Onda was killed as well

I could probably think of more, but F#@! it......
I noticed the same thing, kind of asleezy rip off. Fools that don't know nothin about the real think BLood in BLood out is the $h!t. Do you know if any actors or gang affialed. I know that the vato that plays Smokey in Blood in Blood Out is a veterano from ESLONGO*MalDitoS Click

prettyboy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by prettyboy » October 21st, 2004, 4:11 pm

i remember hearing that an actor from american me banged and passed away

Red Rum56
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Red Rum56 » October 21st, 2004, 8:18 pm

NYorker wrote:American Me
Was the most realistic of them in my opinion. It's sad how EME got with the AB. Especially sad because many chicano gangs were formed because the racist whites were terrorizing them!! I respect the Nortenos because they are at least aligned with the blacks and having black and brown pride and aren't a bunch of Uncle Tom Mexicans like the Surenos EME for the most part!!! The white man has always won wars by dividing and conquering the natives for the most part and EME ala the Surenos seem to be their tool. Wake up Surenos and stop kissing the white man's gluteous maiximus and sucking his "I will get banned". The blacks need to wake up also and stop fighting with themselves and ruining their neighborhoods and F'ing up alliances they could have!
I am not saying kill whitey........I am part white, hispanic and black..there are good and bad in every race
The AB is greatly outnumbered by the black prison gangs all over the country. The Mexican Mafia would sit down with AB when either side was heading to riot against the black hoards. Drugs is a way to make money in prison. Right, wrong, or indifferent it's prison life. Sometimes you must choose between the worst of two evils in order to survive.
What happens in prison is better left to those in prison.

Unless you have had the unfortunate experience of state or federal incarceration then you know little to nothing of what it takes to survive a prison sentence.

I believe that those who are incarcerated are better able to choose what methods they use for survival than those of us who really do not know or understand what prison life is really like.

yoyo88

Unread post by yoyo88 » November 14th, 2004, 9:16 am

The reason American Me had a white character lead in it is because one of the chief founders of EME was an IrishMan and the movie wanted to be real to history. That along with cultural similarities is part of why AB, DWB, NLR etc.. are tight with EME, TS etc..

agarcia8882000
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by agarcia8882000 » November 28th, 2004, 10:37 pm

I do think blood in blood out was a good movie i have it and I did notice those 3 things that were the same about both movies but to me blood in blood out was more realistic

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » December 20th, 2004, 8:42 pm

I liked this movie they shot some scenes where, I grew up in Lincon Heights. The movie is not great but it's good it some great charecters like "El Popeye" he had some of the best lines in the movie like "dame tu chonchon pinche huero" funny shit.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » January 1st, 2005, 12:52 am

who were those white guys with cowboy hats that went into compton and blew up that bar for the Eme? Were they ab or la cosa nsotra?

3RD STRIKE
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 3RD STRIKE » January 8th, 2005, 12:16 am

Invincible wrote:who were those white guys with cowboy hats that went into compton and blew up that bar for the Eme? Were they ab or la cosa nsotra?
that was the ab and it was in wilmington not compton

kenni
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kenni » January 13th, 2005, 11:55 am

hmm, i thought this movie was dope..

SAVAGE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

blood in blood out

Unread post by SAVAGE » February 24th, 2005, 10:52 am

this movie was cool back in the day but now prison life is way diffrent

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: blood in blood out

Unread post by GTS » February 24th, 2005, 11:17 am

Why don't you expand on that, if you know so much.

Don Ct

question about blood in, blood out

Unread post by Don Ct » April 23rd, 2006, 2:50 am

what kind of gang is vato locos? sureno or norteno? and what about spider's gang?
because you can see paco wearin a blue bandana when boths gangs are fighting, and you can see chuey wearin all red in a picture of cruz. and when cruz wins the school art competitions, he has a big red bandana is his pants.

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » April 23rd, 2006, 5:11 pm

made up gang

but made to portray southern cali East Los gangs

Don Ct

Unread post by Don Ct » April 24th, 2006, 10:09 am

made up gang?

DeaD-SouL
Middle Weight
Middle Weight