Is Watts Hard?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
S_Mellon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Is Watts Hard?

Unread post by S_Mellon » June 21st, 2004, 8:59 am

Is Watts hard in your opinion... or just bad?

I personally say it depends, because I wouldnt be afraid to go there, ill be at MLK shopping center till midnight, if it didnt close at 10 or nine, lol. People are always saying all this stuff about watts, when its not that bad. Its like alot of other places, its jus a lil "scarier" than compton at night. Unless your inside a project... then in some cases niggaz gotta wear hard hats... ;-)

but seriuosly, watts aint that bad, you dont gotta wear a bullet proof vest. and to all you stupid ass white boyz and bitch niggaz (a bitch nigga is - niggaz always talkin shit about south (central) LA thinking its cool), go to the metro and get off at 103rd on the blue line. that is watts, or you can get off at rosa parks, thats willowbrook (ill count that as watts too). and dont just get off of that metro, you gotta also "explore". Maybe youll like it, maybe it wont reach your expectations, but just do it... and learn. Make friends, or what ever.

Its easy just go to the metro, they all connect, or get on a bus, there is probably one going to the metro. and dont forget to get a three dollar day pass first.

Peace Out,
My Niggaz/Wiggaz.

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Is Watts Hard?

Unread post by mr. chill » June 21st, 2004, 11:01 am

I have been to watts once in the daytime with my uncle. He took us to the watts towers and stuff, and I never felt scared or anything, but im sure there are some places(the NICKS or Jordan Downs) or side streets that if we went down it would'nt be the smartest idea, and for the most part from what I have read on this site and heard from people, watts is proly one of the hardest places in america because it is one of the poorest places in america and has some of the most notorious gangs in america

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » June 21st, 2004, 12:09 pm

"Exploring" hoods is a quick way to get killed. It aint no place thats popping 24-7 and because youve been somewhere and nobody has done anything to you doesn't mean sh_t. Watts looks nicer than a lot of East Coast ghettos but if you think you safe in a area with alot of violence because nothing happened when you was there thats silly. Them streets you on is just as bad as the projects when the wrong niggas is walking on them and it only takes an instance or to see the wrong nigga and your a statistic. Niggas who have been in the sh_t know this, its sideline fools who make these types of mistakes. It aint the Jordan Downs thats hard, its the people in the JD's and the KG's and do you think they all stay in them all the time? And its many other hoods through Watts and Compton and South Central, they bad cuzz its so many of them so close together, and I aint thinking they looking to make "friends"

xploring other peoples hoods + feeling comfortable + making friends = VICTIMS

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » June 21st, 2004, 12:56 pm

lol, i would never try to make friends around there, my uncle just took me through there cause he was showin me around south central

TmaaN

Unread post by TmaaN » June 21st, 2004, 5:47 pm

I think he means, f you aint got no business in Watts, do go there! Is that what you saying?

And if that’s what you’re saying, then how do you suppose one to act or do if they had business in Watts? I’m talking about a person who don’t bang but still aint no busta!

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » June 21st, 2004, 9:05 pm

TMaan I was just saying thinking everything is all gravy cuzz didn't nothing happen or wasnt nobody out on the day you were there will get you killed, not just Watts but any hood. If you got business in Watts or anyplace else handle it, that aint the same as just roaming through niggas hoods for no reason, nothing good could come out of it. My people stay on 104th right next to the Metro behind the new homes, I kick it over there all the time and aint never had a problem, except once. And that time I got jumped by a gang of Grapes cuzz my homie had did something to one of them in the pen. All it take is one time to get caught slipping.

TmaaN

Unread post by TmaaN » June 21st, 2004, 10:33 pm

So rocstar,

Foolz can sense when you there for no reason it seems like. But if you there and you minding your OWN business, why would a fool have to trip?

Why foolz think when they see a gang of niggaz kickin it they feel like their manhood forces them to make eye contact, and when you make EYE contact with MOST niggaz,it seems you testing their manhood or something? Me, I aint got to look unless I have too! You know what I’m saying? Foolz just cant look and keep it movin, they gotta stare like I’m a threat to them! Is that it? Because if it is, then that is Pathetic how Blacks do each other seeing what we went through in this country!!!

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » June 21st, 2004, 10:40 pm

what if ur white?

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » June 21st, 2004, 10:43 pm

TmaaN wrote:So rocstar,

Foolz can sense when you there for no reason it seems like. But if you there and you minding your OWN business, why would a fool have to trip?

Why foolz think when they see a gang of niggaz kickin it they feel like their manhood forces them to make eye contact, and when you make EYE contact with MOST niggaz,it seems you testing their manhood or something? Me, I aint got to look unless I have too! You know what I’m saying? Foolz just cant look and keep it movin, they gotta stare like I’m a threat to them! Is that it? Because if it is, then that is Pathetic how Blacks do each other seeing what we went through in this country!!!
all races do this. There are even kids in the burbs that try to feel tough by staring other people down 9Usually when they're in groups tho).

ALGERIAN souljah
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ALGERIAN souljah » June 22nd, 2004, 1:06 am

If you white... in Watts hoods.. it's very "special" LOL

Don't think watts it's easy, and it's a cool hood.. too many people die in these streets.

ahahahah If you want trought all the L.A Ghettos you must be a religious man.
I noticed that Thugs or not have a lot of respect for religious man.
May be it's false but when I go to Cali i noticed that point.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » June 22nd, 2004, 2:42 am

why would they go after a civilian though?

WOuld a white guy be just as safe as mexican/black or less or more?

TMAN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TMAN » June 22nd, 2004, 12:06 pm

It probably depends on the time of day, and how you were acting. I am only guessing, I do not know the answer from experience.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » June 26th, 2004, 2:25 am

I was taking a bus (55) to Watts recently and I was the only one in the bus and it was getting late, and the bus driver was like "WHere are you trying to go?". lol. I didn't go though because I had to get back to the gold line before it got too late and the buses stopped running. I'll go next time to see what the excitement is all about.

S_Mellon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by S_Mellon » June 26th, 2004, 8:14 am

you were goin to the Rosa Parks Station (Imperial Station), well, thats in Willowbrook, you can get off around there because thats almost watts, cause watts is like a block up. and the 55 goes through watts. or you can take the blue line to 103, but the MLK shopping center. it really isnt that bad, you can go shopping or what ever. i doubt that youll get messed with, because if your white they might think your a mexican, and if they dont think that, and they know your white, that probably wont be no thang... you know.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 26th, 2004, 10:29 am

what time do buses stop runnin there?

S_Mellon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by S_Mellon » June 26th, 2004, 9:55 pm

they stop running late...
but if you really wanna see, got to http://WWW.MTA.NET

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » July 16th, 2004, 2:24 pm

I did a re-model job on 103rd It was a tenant improvement job so we had to work at night Im telling you it was the most insane thing in the United States anyway. All night long you could here gun shots. Once I got pulled over on the way in to work and cop says, "well did you get it?" I said huh?
He said your rock. He said you must need a hit real bad to come all they way in here for it. I said Im working here, he said do you have a gun with you? I said yes, he said have a good night at work and went back to his car and drove off...He knew I was gonna be in trouble without it...

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » July 16th, 2004, 3:07 pm

AcmeWhiteBread wrote:I did a re-model job on 103rd It was a tenant improvement job so we had to work at night Im telling you it was the most insane thing in the United States anyway. All night long you could here gun shots. Once I got pulled over on the way in to work and cop says, "well did you get it?" I said huh?
He said your rock. He said you must need a hit real bad to come all they way in here for it. I said Im working here, he said do you have a gun with you? I said yes, he said have a good night at work and went back to his car and drove off...He knew I was gonna be in trouble without it...

thats crazy

Green Eyez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Green Eyez » July 16th, 2004, 4:15 pm

if you up in the hood and you walk by and dont look at them niggaz they gonna think ur a mark, so its a win or loose situation anyway it goes. Cuz if you dogg to hard they might start mess with yah. My boy live right by imperial courts, I go over their sometimes and I aint never had no problems, niggaz be out at all houses and shit, but I aint gonna go and say its safe cuz who knows what could happen if I ran into the wrong niggaz up there.

Steveyoung1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Steveyoung1 » July 17th, 2004, 11:14 am

sometimes the bus is dangerous. ppl try to start stuff but not always its only when they're in a group

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » July 17th, 2004, 12:49 pm

YA RIGHT, ON MANY OCCASIONS IVE SEEN DAMUS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN IN MY HOOD REALLY QUIET AND LOWKEY ON THE BUS. NIGGAS JUST STAY ON THEY PHONES. FOR INSTANCE ONE TIME A NIGGA FROM IFG GOT FOUND OUT, THE HOMIES PROCEEDED TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF CUZZ AND PUSH HIM OUT THE BUS WHEN IT OPENED

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » July 20th, 2004, 2:00 pm

i got a buddy of mine from watts...and well...i used to get stereo equipment from some of his old homies...(you get the picture)...but i would get scared rollin through...people stare..wonder what youre doing...to me, it seemed like watts was just one BIG gang...it was nice to have a "golden" pass for a couple days, but i dont go there unless i have to...and i take my boss' old ass car too..ha! All ive learned is that watts isnt a place you just "pass through.."

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 7th, 2004, 8:43 pm

I just came back from Watts today. And it's not all bad at all. I went to 103rd street and the martin luther king shopping center to eat at burger king. Than I took a walk to the park and people were playing socker there. I also walked past some apartments that could have been projects, not shure but they were green or yellow and it said no tresspassing (also I think they had fences and metal on doors as well as windoes). ANd there were these pink apartments that looked pretty nice and clean that were gated. The only people that gave me trouble or a hard look were cops that drove by. One was white the other black. The white guy was all like "what's up" and I told him "what's up" back, than he's like "are you lost or something" and I'm like "naw man" and kept walking away from the cop car trying to ignore them while they were trying to say something else. They eventually drove off. Also some guys asked me for change but later when I was in the metro station some white guy aslo asked me for change saying he was an old sailor lol.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 7th, 2004, 8:54 pm

Also where is grape street? how do you get there from the metro station? I heard its the hardest street on watts so I want to make a visit there. Or any project I'd like to check out.

grapes of wrath
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by grapes of wrath » August 8th, 2004, 12:31 am

sure, check all the projects out, the jordan downs , if ure coming from wilmington from compton, make a right on 103rd, make a left on grape, and there r the jordan downs, i suggest u walk around in them and make some friends, after that if ure still in good health u can visit the imperial courts and the nickerson gardens they r off the imperial highway

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 8th, 2004, 2:22 am

I might have passed Jordan Downs, not shure. I think I saw a complex that looked like Jordon Downs as well but ti was green. So I might have seen Jordon Downs and a smilar project or apartments. I walked through the sidestreets and home areas as well since I was looking for the watts towers but people said they were farther out like passed 108th street ro something.

grapes of wrath
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by grapes of wrath » August 8th, 2004, 2:59 am

the Jordan Downs aint green, and trust me i dont think u walked past it, tommorow u should try walking in jordan downs and sayin hi to the fellaz

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 8th, 2004, 3:12 am

are Jordon DOwns across from that Park?

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 8th, 2004, 12:36 pm

And is there a store on the corner of Jordon downs and another street?

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 8th, 2004, 2:22 pm

Ok I'm pretty shure I walked past Jordon Downs and was going to walk through but there was a fence on the other side (park side). It seemed like anywhere else, I never got checked or anything like poeple here said I would nor did I get any hard looks from people. Some kid even said hi to me in Jordon Downs. I really wouldn't mind living there if I could real cheap.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » August 8th, 2004, 2:58 pm

from what i see here as long as u dont disrepsect anyone in an area u dont know or act a fool then they arnt gonna bother u at all really. Its not like all gangbangers hate anyone that aint with them. I mean sure there are some but most are down cause its like a familey for them. At least thats how i see it.

grapes of wrath
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by grapes of wrath » August 8th, 2004, 4:55 pm

ure saying u never walked into the jordan downs, but at the same time ure saying a kid said hi to u in the jordan downs, it is not green, the jordan downs r white buildings

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”