Is Watts Hard?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Is Watts Hard?

Unread post by Invincible » August 8th, 2004, 6:16 pm

I don't know if they were Jordon Downs or not but they were flat looking buildings which had gated doors and windows and they were across from a park and there were houses near there and a store on the corner. I walked right past the opening gate on the other side a kid inside there said hi.

grapes of wrath
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by grapes of wrath » August 8th, 2004, 7:23 pm

that wuznt the jordan downs, get some directions and go to the jordan downs tommorow, or if u want tonight, and walk around inside there, then let us all know about ure trip

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 8th, 2004, 8:29 pm

post some directions and I'll do it. I get off at the metro and start from there.

grapes of wrath
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by grapes of wrath » August 8th, 2004, 8:37 pm

like i said, its on the corner of 103rd and Grape, when u hit grape st. off 103rd st. start going down grape st. and make a right onto 102nd that is jordan downs, there is a big field next to it, and jordan high school is right next to it

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 8th, 2004, 9:44 pm

I asked some Mexicans women where grape street was, and they didn't know and probably didn't know any English so I couldn't find it. But I passed some schools I think it was elementary or Junior High though when I was going up past the park.

S-Rot40
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S-Rot40 » August 10th, 2004, 7:39 am

if yall talkin bout the jordan downs, id like to throw my 2 cents in...
how big is jordan downs? is it only 103rd and grape street or do other streets also belong to the jordan downs? if its "just" 103rd and grape its very very small am i right? so how many buildings do the jordan downs consist of then?
and why is everybody talkin about the jordan downs when the territory of the grape street watts crips is so much more then "just" the jordan downs?

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 10th, 2004, 12:04 pm

I passed these streets but I didn't see any gangs.

grapes of wrath
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by grapes of wrath » August 10th, 2004, 11:49 pm

if u walked on 103rd street in broad daylight i'm not surprised u didnt see any gangs, ure not gonna just see them out like that, 103rd is a main street in Watts, all types of people pass thru, like i said u need to walk into the jordan downs and u gon come in contact with grapes fo sho, walkin around in all them streets on any normal day in broad daylight u aint gonna see shit, that goes for anywhere in this country lol

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » August 11th, 2004, 2:48 am

WHEN I READ SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS IAM LIKE ARE THEY FUCKIN SERIOUS. IS WATTS HARD? COME TOO WATTS AND I BET YOU THAT YOU WILL MAKE A U-TURN AND GO BACK TOO WHERE EVER YOU CAME FROM.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 11th, 2004, 11:37 am

Is Grape Street the vertical street with the church and a school?

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » August 11th, 2004, 12:34 pm

invincible, do you live in cali now?

Cutthroat333
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Cutthroat333 » August 11th, 2004, 2:38 pm

"IS WATTS HARD" ???

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » August 11th, 2004, 4:14 pm

Invincible, don't go hang out in Watts. And Certainly don't go tell everybody exactly where you are going to be and why. Someone could drop a dime to an associate that way and you could get a good as_s whooping. It's not a contest whiteboy. I mean unless you're into getting jacked and maybe killed (after being robbed) or something I would recommend you not be wandering down there especially at night gawking around for gangmembers.

That's a great hobby you got there dum dum and I'm happy for you that you have gotten away with it so far but if you do run across some fools and they decide to take a stand against you then cancel Christmas whiteboy.

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » August 11th, 2004, 4:55 pm

Kemosave wrote:Invincible, don't go hang out in Watts. And Certainly don't go tell everybody exactly where you are going to be and why. Someone could drop a dime to an associate that way and you could get a good as_s whooping. It's not a contest whiteboy. I mean unless you're into getting jacked and maybe killed (after being robbed) or something I would recommend you not be wandering down there especially at night gawking around for gangmembers.

That's a great hobby you got there dum dum and I'm happy for you that you have gotten away with it so far but if you do run across some fools and they decide to take a stand against you then cancel Christmas whiteboy.
yeah the only place for sight seein in watts is the watts towers, I dont care if your white or black or whatever, rollin through a rough hood that u aint from is not smart, ole boy is right, u needa find a new hobby cause walking around watts lookin for grape st aint to smart boy

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 12th, 2004, 11:55 pm

I'm actually thinking of moving to Watts. I mean Watts is pretty tight, it's not dangerous or anything.

grapes of wrath
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by grapes of wrath » August 13th, 2004, 1:35 am

lol, so u go to jordan downs yet?

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 13th, 2004, 3:38 am

not yet if I didn't that one time.

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » August 13th, 2004, 12:54 pm

Invincible wrote:I'm actually thinking of moving to Watts. I mean Watts is pretty tight, it's not dangerous or anything.
haha, ok

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » August 13th, 2004, 7:19 pm

invincible-where do you currently live?

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 13th, 2004, 10:08 pm

Pasadena.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » August 13th, 2004, 10:13 pm

http://www-lib.usc.edu/~anthonya/la/info/bynum.htm
NOW WE HAVE NO PROBLEMS. NO ONE WANTS TO TELL THE STORY. NONE OF THE NEWS MEDIA WILL SAY THAT YOU CAN WALK DOWN THE STREET, 103RD STREET, NEAR THE PROJECTS, OR ANYWHERE ANY WOMAN AT MIDNIGHT AND NOBODY WILL BOTHER THEM. THEY WANT EVERYONE TO THINK THAT'S STILL THE MOST HORRIBLE PLACE IN THE WORLD. IT'S NOT TRUE.

IF YOU WALK DOWN THE STREET, NOBODY WILL BOTHER YOU. IF A WOMAN WALKS DOWN THE STREET AT NIGHT, NOBODY WILL BOTHER THEM.

Someone from another board said:
I've seen ghettos in other states, and the ones in L.A. just aren't that bad. What is really funny, I can take people on a tour to Watts, even South Central, and they are surprised at about how some of the neighborhoods are really nice and clearn. I admit, the surrounding areas, the boulevards are not as nice, but there are so many nieghborhoods that people don't even know that they are there.

I'm in Ladera Heights, so I just take LaCienga to Stocker to Crenshaw, and Crenshaw has always been nice for the most part because it's surrounded by Leimert Park, View Park and Baldwin Hills, even Jefferson Park is up and coming becasue so many people are refurbishing the Victorian and Craftsman houses in the area. There are alot of white people moving in to the area too... I think it's hilarous.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » August 13th, 2004, 10:59 pm

haha this is stupid...if you dont bang then its alot easier to go anywhere without anything happening..no guarentee because even in my neighborhood it isnt safe at all to be walking around at night i dont care how the neighborhood looks because people drive around just looking for someone to shoot and it happens all the time someone walking down the street gets shoot down. but i bet just going to watts isnt nothing compared to growing up and living in watts.

grapes of wrath
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by grapes of wrath » August 14th, 2004, 2:04 am

it sure aint, and for the 100th time NO u werent in jordan downs, when u gonna go there? u should go there today or why dont u go at night? since its so safe? go to nickerson gardens imperial courts or jordan downs at night , if u dont wanna do that atleast go there in the daytime and walk around and then come back and tell us about it

grapes of wrath
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by grapes of wrath » August 17th, 2004, 2:55 am

i guess he found the jordan downs.....lol

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » August 17th, 2004, 9:22 am

grapes of wrath wrote:i guess he found the jordan downs.....lol
lol

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » February 2nd, 2005, 6:18 am

Invincible wrote:Also where is grape street? how do you get there from the metro station? I heard its the hardest street on watts so I want to make a visit there. Or any project I'd like to check out.
thats stupidity^^^

Why would you want to do that for??

Watts is just like Compton..If you dont have any buisness there..dont be there..

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » February 2nd, 2005, 6:25 am

hahaha damn

after reading the whole thing

I guess he did find them^^^

he hasnt responded

I been to a few projects around there

1 was at night..but it was just sight seeing i was there with a community center to play b-ball

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » February 6th, 2005, 8:03 pm

Ok I haven't went to Jordon Downs but this time I actually did go inside a project, and it was Nickerson gardens, I was gonna go to Jordon Downs but I stumbled into Nickerson gardens since it was right off of Imperial Highway and closer to me than Jordon Downs. I wrote more about it here (bottom of this thread):
http://streetgangs.com/billboard/viewto ... 8&start=80

Note, I didn't go from one side of the projects to the other way the far back and walked in every place but I went in a bit and made a circle back, so it wasn't I jsut stepped on the curb and went back.

c-dub
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by c-dub » March 1st, 2005, 7:57 pm

Invincible if you think south central, compton and watts aint as dangerous as some people think, PM for a list of places you might find interesting.

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » March 1st, 2005, 8:09 pm

watts is hard, i kno a funeral director that works there and she is busy as hell

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » March 2nd, 2005, 11:12 pm

c-dub wrote:Invincible if you think south central, compton and watts aint as dangerous as some people think, PM for a list of places you might find interesting.
I havent been to Compton yet, I just been to a few places in Watts. and since everyone on this site repps watts more than compton Im assuming it would be more dangerous. But maybe I didnt see anything because I went there during the day not night, dunno. I thought id see some hussling or something but naw.

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » March 3rd, 2005, 1:35 pm

was it pretty quiet when u went? were there a lot of people out and about?

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”