Tupac Was No Thug

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Tupac Was No Thug

Unread post by Fre$h » July 26th, 2003, 4:56 am

thug - n.
1. A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.

2. also...Thug...One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 28th, 2003, 9:14 pm

Man yall niggas strait trippin yall barely kno shit bout the man u out here talkin bout him like u kno him. 2pac was a tru G unlike that fat ass ho ho eatin nigga B.I.G yall kno damn well if they went hand 2 hand 2pac would punish him. I'm jus sayin from a G from DC yall better recognize n give that nigga sum respect cuz if it wasnt yall prolly wouldnt be gettin have the stuff niggas get. See since the nigga died we aint gettin no tru RAP music we jus gettin pussies who grew up in the suburbs swearin they thugs. Respect RAP and OG's like 2pac n not pussies like Ja all them fake niggas n Snoop Dogg Pussy ass talkin bout now he roll with the East Side. Man fuck him fuck yall n all who dont respect a Tru G who tried to make a difference in a Nigga's muthafuckin life.

Now lemme give a quick shoutout to my 1-7 niggas, Rock Creek, KDY all the tru DC hoods and all my niggas in SOUTHEAST

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 30th, 2003, 7:18 am

All I Gots To Say Is When He Came On the Seen, To Everyone That Didnt Know Him, He Was A Thug. The Only People Who Should Truely Be Able To Judge Him As A Thug Should Be His Closest Friends And Co-Workers!

nemesi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by nemesi » September 5th, 2003, 7:03 am

Ok, let’s come out with some wisdom… LOL
1) Tupac wasn’t neither a Blood nor a Crip. Anybody agree?
2) He was someone who used to hang out with gang members; a thing that did not make him a banger for sure. Anybody agree?
3) In the end: he was a great rapper. Anybody agree?
If y’all agree upon the above-mentioned three points, we ought to close this topic… LOL

chiquita8

Unread post by chiquita8 » September 8th, 2003, 1:19 am

Hell Yeah, this topic should be closed. What difference does it make now whether he was a thug or not. The important thing is all that he gave to rap/hip hop and minorities in general. He took everything to a whole new level and spoke about issues that really mattered in our world. He was deep and intelligent enough to analyze things like police brutality and racism while still selling millions of records. His fans are still going strong seven years after his death or supposed death (whatever you believe). That is exactly why people like Ja Rule and 50 cent try to align themselves with him. I hope that people will look beyond all the BS to hear the message that he was trying to bring and more importantly to start thinking about things that the white America is trying to ignore or keep secret. Right now there few rap/hip hop artists that are saying anything worth listening to. Thug, poet, momma's boy, actor, social activist.... whatever way you want to remember him... just remember him and what he accomplished as well as what he represented.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » September 8th, 2003, 8:12 am

hey chiquita thats a firme name essa ... were you from , i don't know why but i feel like i wanna know you ... how old are you ? and you are right chiquita, pac was the mann ... a thug a poet and a lover ...yes chiquita we share the same love and respect for tupac f.... all the ...... in this forum who said tupac was not a thug ... chiquita send me a private message i have something personal to tell you .... :wink:

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » September 11th, 2003, 9:47 am

MAN THIS THREAD NEEDS TO END!!! GO TO THE TUPAC FANSITE OR MAKE ONE UP SOMEWHERE ELSE AND TALK ABOUT IT...

Tupac was so much of a thug, my assisstant has a picture with him when she went to Mexico. She was hugging him and when she put her arm around his waist, her hand covered the T in his THUG LIFE tatt, so it looked like it said HUG LIFE. Now her mom(white) thinks that black man her daughter took a picture with was a nice man because of that...LOL...

THUG OR STUDIO GANGSTER???

HE WAS A RAP ENTERTAINER!

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » September 11th, 2003, 10:26 am

lolol hug life lololol ....

fo-tay
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fo-tay » September 16th, 2003, 10:26 am

a gang of yall niggas str8 bustas. listen 2 how yall sound. fuckin suckas. and 2 the homeboy talkin bout pac a fuckin blood or crip. he aint none of that shit. be real playa. that nigga represent west-west yall. aint no fuckin blood. damn sho aint no crip. it seems yall dont know the nigga as well as you think...some of yall need to think before you speak that BS. cause thats exactly what it is. keep it street. fuck a ho. Pac real cause he know what he talkin bout. the shit he speak is real cause its tru. if u cant agree, you aint livin it. open yo eyes homie. its right in front of you.

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » September 21st, 2003, 11:11 am

pac was an artist...and peeps should get slapped every time they mention ja rule and the word "gangsta" in the same sentece...

BlewLeeGee

Unread post by BlewLeeGee » September 23rd, 2003, 1:00 am

I think Pac was a "thug" in and out of the studio. L.A. turned him out and he spit thug venom into the mic and spoke it into existence and lived and ultimately died by it. To what degree of thug, or no thug is a matter of opinion, but he'll always be a legend.

fo-tay
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fo-tay » September 23rd, 2003, 7:07 am

BlewLeeGee wrote:...To what degree of thug, or no thug is a matter of opinion, but he'll always be a legend...
i totally agree with this statement.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 23rd, 2003, 10:37 am

... but did you saw the nigga when he was hypin' with a giant cube on top of his head with digital undaground ... may he rest in peace but he jumped on the wrong guy baby lane s.i.p was a thug period ,his degree was not a matter of opinion ...cause when you real then there is no question ...

fo-tay
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fo-tay » September 23rd, 2003, 10:55 am

yea, i digg that comment you made about bein real. so lane and pac had beef that long before the tyson fight? cause i thought all the drama started THAT night.... :?:

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » October 31st, 2003, 11:51 am

yo he was thug. orlando wanst shit. he got done after pac anywayz. orlando knew

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » November 1st, 2003, 11:17 am

BAN THIS BUSTA WE DON'T NEED BIYTCHS THAT DISSRESPECTIN' HOMIES WHO ARE RESTIN' IN PEACE ,THIS LIL IGNORENT SHOULD KNOW THAT ORLANDO GOT KILLED BY TWO BROTHERS WHO ARE FROM THE SOUTH...

blkjopker
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blkjopker » November 3rd, 2003, 6:25 pm

First all a lot of you people act like you know pac, it shows with all the different opinions yall have you dont know him. Pac never claim he was with any set. So dont think he was in any gang. I think Pac consider himself a thug the way this world would not accept him as a blk male so he fought back they way he knew how. The way he fought back was thuggish. I think a lot of you people are dumb and only liked him cause you feel he was gangsta or a thug. But you dont choose to know him as a person. He was very creative and smart. I am tired of hearing Pac was the best cause he was a str8 up gangsta or thug you dont have to be that way to be real. Dont get me wrong I think Pac had a nice flow on beats and great charismas. But lyric wise he was not the best to me.

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » November 3rd, 2003, 8:17 pm

did you know him?

fo-tay
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fo-tay » November 4th, 2003, 10:26 am

blkjopker wrote:First all a lot of you people act like you know pac, it shows with all the different opinions yall have you dont know him. Pac never claim he was with any set. So dont think he was in any gang. I think Pac consider himself a thug the way this world would not accept him as a blk male so he fought back they way he knew how. The way he fought back was thuggish. I think a lot of you people are dumb and only liked him cause you feel he was gangsta or a thug. But you dont choose to know him as a person. He was very creative and smart. I am tired of hearing Pac was the best cause he was a str8 up gangsta or thug you dont have to be that way to be real. Dont get me wrong I think Pac had a nice flow on beats and great charismas. But lyric wise he was not the best to me.

some of this i cant agree with like when u said we act like we know him. why do we have to act like we know him to hae an opinion? just like you expressed yourself about how you feel about him, thats how we do it. the only way i can learn about the man is through his music and books. of course he wansnt the best lyrically because pas wasnt a lyrical rapper. he was mostly hardcore rap. there's a big difference to me. but then again...thats just my opinion....

cenzi

Unread post by cenzi » November 18th, 2003, 5:14 pm

some say Tupac was a Gangster
some say Tupac was a Studio Prankster
some say Tupac was Thug Life
some say Tupac was Hug Life

I think he was a man.

whats a man? its a person who refuses to get pushed, because if you let someone move you an inch, they will move you a mile, and Pac didn't go for the Okeydoke NEVER. So obviously when he wasn't famous, he wasn't thuggin' or being a hoodlum, he was studyin, rappin', dancin', doin' what lotsa kids SHOULD be doin instead of gangbangin', but since he's got the Hood INSIDE him, being raised by firm black family (and I'm talkin Black Panther, REAL POWER, REAL STRATEGIC minds...), when fame dropped a load on him what did he do? He smiled and covered EVERY punch he got.

Y'all know he popped a cap on cops. and he was famouse already. He didn't do it for fame or money, he did for straight being a man. Damn cops played him like a fool, but he defended his sheeit and he did something that all you gangbanging dumb, deaf and blind punx should be doing. "You pull a trigga ona nigga but you scared to pop a cop". While most of y'all are cowards, Tupac was man.Gangsters aint SHEEIT. Thugs and SHEEIT.
Peace to the Revolutionary woke up minds in this....

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » November 19th, 2003, 7:42 pm

umm.. yes to the revolution (bored look). Shush tupac fans while I test my new avatar out.

blkjopker
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blkjopker » December 29th, 2003, 9:03 pm

FO-TAY

some of this i cant agree with like when u said we act like we know him. why do we have to act like we know him to hae an opinion? just like you expressed yourself about how you feel about him, thats how we do it. the only way i can learn about the man is through his music and books. of course he wansnt the best lyrically because pas wasnt a lyrical rapper. he was mostly hardcore rap. there's a big difference to me. but then again...thats just my opinion....[/quote]

What I am saying some people on this site do act like they know pac and most are just fans. Now I know they are some real niggas on here who knew about him and the whole thing. But most people on here or saying things that they have no proof of. To say pac was in the bloods or crips or talk how he was you cant speak on a man you dont know personally. Only thing we could really talk about is his music cause thats what we know. But to say personally things about dude how he acted, and how he chilled aint right cause people dont know him like that. What get me about most people on this site is they see clips videos or what the media shows them and they swear they know dude. I am just saying why try to have a opinion on something you dont know about. We know his music we heard it which is true. But have any of yall chilled with pac and knew him as a person what he was really about?

TK

Unread post by TK » February 10th, 2004, 1:28 pm

2Pac had many tatoos, and one of these tatoos was MOB, which stands for money over b****es. But I also heared that it stands for member of bloods! What meaning did it have for Pac???

caineIsignz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caineIsignz » February 10th, 2004, 6:51 pm

TK wrote:2Pac had many tatoos, and one of these tatoos was MOB, which stands for money over b****es. But I also heared that it stands for member of bloods! What meaning did it have for Pac???
MOB(Member.of.Bloods) was related with Suge Knight and Club 662. On a dial pad of a cell phone or a phone 662 stands for M.O.B. and thats Member of Blood. So in other words Club MOB.

MOB (Money.Over.B*****s) was related with Tupac and oiginal ThugLife Group and the oginal Outlawz.

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » February 19th, 2004, 1:18 am

You guys are obsessed with pac . nothin he ever did made him a " thug" he was a back ground dancer for digital underground. If you watch the thug angel video it show's pac when he was like 17 and he was hella soft and sayin not to call women "the B word" then it fast forwards to when he hit big and he yellan "B***** aint ish"! that my friend is fake.

but hey he was a great rapper!

Gi99lez
Location: born and raised in bellflower, relocated to vegas now unhappiky in phoenix still holdin it down tho

Unread post by Gi99lez » February 19th, 2004, 7:52 pm

yea... well i heard, tupac was born in baltimore and claimed blood, then he moved to LA and claimed crip then he gained respect with both of em... which only a man like pac can do and he... in doin that he gained respect from both and went solo... still havin all them people behind him...

YOTC

Unread post by YOTC » February 27th, 2004, 8:03 pm

Tupac was not a thug Tupac was a very smart hustla Tupac new that if he rapped like he was a thug, acted like a thug and portrayed himself as a thug young niggas would eat his shit up he rapped about shit he new people would buy. like he always rapped about killing biggie but biggie died after him, he always talked about robbing mobb depp but he never did, Tupac started off rappin about stuff like black power and going back to Africa he just changed his style because he knew what would sell. Most rappers like fifty cent and the doggpound and all these other rappers talking about all this shit they did when they was on they grind aint never hung on no blocks like they talk about. Hardly any of them have ever killed anybody because it aint that many killers in the world. Tupac was one of those people he is my favorite rapper but all that shit about Pac being the realest nigga ever aint true Pac was just an actor he acted like a thug so everybody thought he was a thug he only did it to make money off of it like all the other rappers do

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » February 28th, 2004, 11:22 am

I agree with you about 2pac but then again I did not know him personally so I cant say if he really was a thug or not. But I kind of thought it was all a act to sell records. But I must admit he had some heart. But the part about there is not a lot of killers in this world I dont agree. With the war going on and thousands dying I would say thats a lot of killers. And as for the streets people get killed every day and even every few seconds just like now somebody just got killed as I sit here to write this. LOL! Not to say that thats funny but you get my point. I would say most the rappers today about 99.99% aint killers. But Im sure some are I would say mostly them underground cats are. Well at least they are more believeable.

STREETGANG111
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by STREETGANG111 » March 1st, 2004, 10:47 am

`
Last edited by STREETGANG111 on March 20th, 2004, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Light_skin_boy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Light_skin_boy » March 8th, 2004, 5:09 pm

tupac was allways a thug in his own way check it out T.H.U.G. L.I.F.E
the hate u gave lil infants fucked everyone

YOTC

Unread post by YOTC » April 10th, 2004, 11:43 pm

Pac was not a thug Pac was a smart intelligent hustler. He hustled yall into believing he was a hardcore gangster. Pac had never been to jail until he started rappin, he tried to sell crack but the drug dealer he sold for took hisdrugs back because he did not know what he was doin. Pac tricked yall into believing he was gangsta but Pac was just smart. He would make a statement like Im a thug not because I want to rob u but because im a strong black man and dumbies like yall would believe that stuff a thug is a nigga that wants to rob u and wants u to be scared of him. Pac just knew what to say to make young niggas lookin for a rolemodel follow every thing he said. Pac created a fantasy world for yall to live in and for him to make money off of. He talked all this stuff about killing niggas but u cant kill niggas like he talked about and never see jail. When other people do this yall call them bustas and wannabes but when pac does this yall call him the realest nigga that ever live. Pac aint no realer than Jarule or Lil' Bowow or Petey Pablo but he knew what to say to make yall think he was. Im not nockin pac because i like pacs music too but at the same time i never let him trick me into believin he was everything he said he was. Pac was an actor and he was reall good at it.

MeyerLansky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MeyerLansky » May 22nd, 2004, 1:01 pm

Man, like this other dude said, a lot of people here act like they knew him. I know I didn't for sure. All I know is that me and a lot of my homeis, from italian americans to blacks to jews, had/has love from him. EVERYBODY could like him, and relate to some of his lyrics, white black yellow or green or whatever. I've always thought it was quite funny tho, how he became the "great hero on the westcoast" considering he first came up as "MC New York". lol