Bishop Majic Don Juan: Master Pimp or Disgrace to Blacks

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Bishop Majic Don Juan: Master Pimp or Disgrace to Blacks

Unread post by Common Sense » August 30th, 2004, 9:56 am

Many young men look up to Majic Don Juan. They buy his book and his DVD's, some want to be just like him when they "grow up."

I saw this guy in the "hood" in Los Angeles, and I was amazed how popular he was. People (surprisingly women) were pulling over in their cars and running across the street to shake his hand and say hello....as if he had done something special.

Man...are we celebrating and looking up to pimps now. I'm not sure if this is a disgrace to the black race or just blatant ignorance. I would assume that anyone who glorifies the beating and humiliation of black women for profit should be protested not celebrated.

Not to say....other ethnic groups don't pimp their women too, but I have not yet seen hispanic, white, jewish, or other ethinic groups in the National media spot light promoting mental and physical destruction of women. Even though many of these women probably had these problems before they got with him....but why exploit them. These women are somebody's mother, sisters, and aunts. Life is probably bad enough for them, do they really need thqt extra kick in the arse???????

But then again just like the N-word.....another negative image being grasped, held, and supported by black people.
Last edited by Common Sense on September 1st, 2004, 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Majic Don Juan: Champion Hero or Disgrace to Blacks

Unread post by Common Sense » August 31st, 2004, 5:56 pm

Secondly...has anyone read "From Pimpstick to Pullpit"?

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Bishop Majic Don Juan: Master Pimp or Disgrace to Blacks

Unread post by Common Sense » September 14th, 2004, 10:25 pm

To Anonymous:
Women are really no different than men. Everybody wants love sooner or later from somebody. Women are not as weak as you think. They're are many weak knuckleheads out there gettin' taking out by chicks on a regular basis.

Pimping is a skill, but so is selling crack. Doesn't make it right. Pimps just can't pimp any and every woman they meet. They can only pimp the used and abused one's. No women with self esteem is gonna up the cash for no fool in a chessy green suit.

"A ho without instructions is headed for self destruction" What does that supposed to mean?

All that is ..is pimp propaganda and psy/ops.

These women don't love their pimp. These women don't love themselves, how can they love thier pimp?

Any man that thinks he's the mack..is really weaker than the tramps he pimps out.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » September 15th, 2004, 6:05 pm

Master Pimp. because he can pimp celebs too.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 20th, 2004, 3:06 pm

WIP wrote:Master Pimp. because he can pimp celebs too.
What celebs does/has he pimp(ed)?

J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-DUB » September 20th, 2004, 6:06 pm

HE A LIL BIT OF BOTH. BUT HEY THATS NOT MY BUSINESS

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » September 20th, 2004, 6:07 pm

Str8 Pimp Dynasty - not sayin thats good or bad just sayin he a Godly pimp

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » October 28th, 2004, 6:29 pm

Common Sense wrote:
WIP wrote:Master Pimp. because he can pimp celebs too.
What celebs does/has he pimp(ed)?
^^Every celeb that allows him in the video, movie or album. They are using him for more street credibility and he is getting paid off they ass...just like he did those hoes..lol. He is more infamous now then he probably was in the 60's & 70's.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 28th, 2004, 8:07 pm

Conman wrote:[color=darkblue He is more infamous now then he probably was in the 60's & 70's.[/color]
Yea...I believe he is. What's a trip is, I saw him strollin around L.A., and people were pullin' over and treatin' him as if he was Jesse Jackson. Most of these people were women (can you believe that).

I'm glad the man can make money by appearing in movies, but man...what he represents ...does no good for black people.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » October 28th, 2004, 9:11 pm

Maic Don Juan stays down the block from me ova in byshc hood. I see him driving down the street all the time, dont nobody ever run up to his car or anything like that.

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » October 28th, 2004, 9:21 pm

I think it's good that black people idolize this guy. I wish more minority groups would do the same, especially the Asians. That way, white people could rule over everyone, which is the natural order, while minorities bicker amongst themselves and keep their own kind down. Sweet. After all, who needs freedom when you can walk around with a fish bowl in ur shoes?

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » October 28th, 2004, 9:59 pm

\

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » October 29th, 2004, 9:00 am

WillieCreeper wrote:I think it's good that black people idolize this guy. I wish more minority groups would do the same, especially the Asians. That way, white people could rule over everyone, which is the natural order, while minorities bicker amongst themselves and keep their own kind down. Sweet. After all, who needs freedom when you can walk around with a fish bowl in ur shoes?
^^^What the FUC :?:...Now I see why you were trying to lump Blacks and fags together....you are truly a fag for this post.

Dla_soul

Unread post by Dla_soul » October 30th, 2004, 4:44 pm

Don Juan and what he represents to Black people is no more or no less damaging than what Bloods, Crips, People Nation, and Folk Nation represent....

To answer your question, "No, he isn't a disgrace to Blacks...."

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » November 2nd, 2004, 2:27 pm

Conman - you took my post the wrong way. It's sarcasm. Look at all the posts above mine where people are willing to support this dude, or don't have an opinion one way or the other. That is ridiculous. People can't stand up for what's right in their own community and stop oppressing each other - so how are things supposed to change?

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » November 2nd, 2004, 4:34 pm

WillieCreeper wrote:Conman - you took my post the wrong way. It's sarcasm. Look at all the posts above mine where people are willing to support this dude, or don't have an opinion one way or the other. That is ridiculous. People can't stand up for what's right in their own community and stop oppressing each other - so how are things supposed to change?
Is that so..well you wrote this:
WillieCreeper wrote:I think it's good that black people idolize this guy. I wish more minority groups would do the same, especially the Asians. That way, white people could rule over everyone, which is the natural order, while minorities bicker amongst themselves and keep their own kind down. Sweet. After all, who needs freedom when you can walk around with a fish bowl in ur shoes?
Where did Asians come from? Also, you used a discussion on a pimp to draw a corralation to bickering amongst Blacks....sarcasm or poor wording? Or are these your true feelings???

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » November 3rd, 2004, 2:45 pm

1: Supremisists hate Asians because they do not fit neatly into the box that would allow white supremisists to think that they rule the world.

2: When men begin to degrade women in a community, there can be no unity, and thus no stand against what is wrong in the community. That is why this is not just a simple discussion of a pimp. The pimp represents a view that women are lower than men - and if you (theoretically) wanted to ignore problems in the inner city, wouldn't it be nice if the people would find other people to lord over, instead of coming together to solve the problem?

So we need to stand up against this no? But how can you when everyone around you is blinded into complacency? Hence the need for sarcasm - it woke you up didn't it? Or is it as simple as everyone else on this thread says - it's just no big deal? To my mind, when people start acting like it's all good, something is seriously wrong.

I recommend you chill with some Le Tigre for a few hours.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » November 3rd, 2004, 3:50 pm

^^Woke me up no...got my attention is more like it. I see the problem with pimps, drug dealers etc. etc., being idolized in the Black community.

Your sarcasm came off wrong in my eyes...but if that is what it was then so be it.

LOL@Le Tigre...I don't even know what that is.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » November 4th, 2004, 9:34 am

WillieCreeper wrote: When men begin to degrade women in a community, there can be no unity, and thus no stand against what is wrong in the community. That is why this is not just a simple discussion of a pimp. The pimp represents a view that women are lower than men.
Now we are getting somewhere. This is true. Are we becoming complacent? If Majic don Juan was white, Jewish, or Latino, would the community at large have a different reaction?

Maybe it's expected of the black community to operate on a primitive and disrespectful level, so nothing is challenged and this behavior is widely accepted as entertainment.

There is an Italian organization that protest every time an Italian American is potrayed as a mobster in the media/cinema. They are saying it's not okay to stereotype their people this way.

Not the case with Pimp Master don Juan in the black community. The day I saw him, women with their daughters in tow, were bum rushing him for that autograph. What type of message was these women giving their young daughters? Pimping black women is okay? I guess these are the same women that would over look the R. Kelly's of the world.

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » November 4th, 2004, 12:46 pm

Common Sense wrote: I guess these are the same women that would over look the R. Kelly's of the world.
Exactly. And I have to say it goes much deeper than that. The image of the black pimp as cult-of-personality is accepted on a mainstream level. Have you all heard the song by Jay-Z "Is That Yo Bitch?" Great song. But check out the lyrics:

Uh, yo don't get mad at me
I don't love 'em I fuck 'em
I don't chase 'em I duck 'em
I replace 'em with another one
You had to see she keep calling me BIG
And my name is Jay-Z
She be all on my dick
Gradually I'm taking over your bitch
Coming over your shit

Clearly, the woman in this song is an object without any free will, referred to as "your shit", an object that the man has the ability to control and simply uses to establish power over another man. Doesn't that sound a lot like slavery to you?

And the fact that Missy Elliot is on this song sickens me.

Name any popular white band and ask yourself if they would say this stuff. Linkin Park? Green Day? No! And white audiences would destroy them if they started that. But the same white audiences that listen to Jay-Z (the majority of rap listeners) accept his stuff, because unfortunately to them the black male 'gangsta' stereotype is exactly the black-face entertainment that they're looking for.

Tell me I'm wrong. I'd love to hear an opinion that makes me think a different way. But don't just bend over and lamely say that there's nothing wrong with Bishop Majic Don Juan (not addressed to you Conman). When I hear that lame crap I feel the need to be sarcastic, because we need to stop hypnotizing ourselves and co-opting the same slave system that got us here in the first place.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 24th, 2004, 10:48 pm

Two real good articles on the subject I just found. If these people would just use their talents right I believe they could move things. Check em out.

Pimp Notes on Autonomy
Pop Stars of the 21st Century

http://www.21cmagazine.com/issue1/pimp.html

Myth of the Great Black Pimp

http://www.daveyd.com/greatblackpimp.html

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » December 25th, 2004, 11:49 am

Capo wrote:Myth of the Great Black Pimp

http://www.daveyd.com/greatblackpimp.html
This article is excellent. I'm going to have to print this one.

Thanks Capo.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 19th, 2005, 12:58 pm

If I was black, I would say embarassment. The guy is a walking stereotype. He makes blacks look bad. But Im not black, so it isnt my problem. just giving my two cents.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 19th, 2005, 10:16 pm

krookid wrote:If I was black, I would say embarassment..
You don't need to be black to be embarassed.
krookid wrote:The guy is a walking stereotype. He makes blacks look bad..
Ignorant is more like it. The pimp foolishly glamourize a dispicable and degrading lifestyle. What's a trip is: Some fools actually look up to this man.
krookid wrote:But Im not black, so it isnt my problem. just giving my two cents.
Ignorance is everybody's problem. It affects us all.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 19th, 2005, 11:09 pm

Thats all very true COMMON SENSE.

Baby-Girl16
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Baby-Girl16 » January 25th, 2005, 2:53 pm

I AGREE

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 25th, 2005, 3:28 pm

Baby-Girl16 wrote:I AGREE
Question to baby girl16:

How does it make you feel when you hear males talk about putting women on the corner and taking their money?

perfecto31
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by perfecto31 » January 25th, 2005, 11:28 pm

disgrace.

Grape Kool-Ade
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape Kool-Ade » January 26th, 2005, 1:17 am

nigga quit savin hoes, who gives a fuck about a bitch, if a hoe wanna sell her body she a worthless ass bitch anyway so who gives a fuck about a tramp ass bitch nigga ALLLLLL BITCHESSSSS AINT SHIT!!!!!!!!! pimps up hoes down
keep it P.I. mayn

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 26th, 2005, 8:41 am

Grape Kool-Ade wrote:nigga quit savin hoes.

Somebody's got to save em' Kool-Aid.
Grape Kool-Ade wrote:who gives a fu-- about a bitch.

Someone in her family for one. Distant relatives maybe, friends, somebody gives a fu--.
Grape Kool-Ade wrote:if a hoe wanna sell her body she a worthless ass bitch anyway so who gives a fu-- about a tramp ass bitch.

Why do you think she feels worthless? Raped as child, abused by men most of her life, addicted to drugs and so on. So should we continue the misery? Suppose that was you. It happens to men too.
Grape Kool-Ade wrote:nigga ALLLLLL BITCHESSSSS AINT SHIT!!!!!!!!!.
Does this include women in your family? We all have mothers and grandmothers.

To translate, your basically sayin' Bishop Majic Don Juan is a master pimp.

So GK-A,
If you had a cousin or a good friend you grew up with, that ended up on the stroll, you wouldn't try to help her?

Also come visit us on the: "How Do You Feel About Referring To Black Women As B******/Hoes" Thread.

http://streetgangs.com/billboard/viewtopic.php?t=2434

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » January 26th, 2005, 4:08 pm

I seen him at a caribbean splash festival, hangin out with Uncle Luke. Never got to talk to him. But anyways, I think its degrading for anybody and any race to look up to him or any other pimps. Is that what u would want your child to grow up to be? And especially for the black community, why cant we look up to business men, doctors, lawyers, even policemen, instead?

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 26th, 2005, 4:25 pm

mamlook wrote: why cant we look up to business men, doctors, lawyers, even policemen, instead?
Because that fool is the only one out there steady advertising.