Tookie's situation is coming to a head next year

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Tookie's situation is coming to a head next year

Unread post by wcrockets » July 3rd, 2003, 11:49 am

The long legal process surrounding Stanley "Tookie" Williams looks to be coming to an end. At 43, he has spent the past 16 years as an imate on San Quentin's Death Row in Northern California and has a website at:

http://www.tookie.com/abtookie.html

What will happen to Tookie is not for sure known at this time. Streetgangs.com posted an excellent article summarizing the situation at:

http://www.streetgangs.com/topics/2002/091102drow.html

Based on what I'm reading, I have to think that his execution will be carried out or he will be pardoned if Gray Davis is still in office (not recalled) and the U.S. Supreme Court refuses to hear his appeal.

What do you think will happen to Tookie?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Tookie

Unread post by alexalonso » July 6th, 2003, 1:21 am

Stanley "Tookie" Williams will become the first street gang member in California history to be executed. His appeals are running out and it is unlikely that the US Supreme Court will hear his case.

He was found guilty of killing 4 people and was so high on sherm, he probably does not even remember doing it. He has denied any involvement in the quadruple murder, but now that he is convicted of the murders the burden is on him to prove that he did not committ the murders and there is no new evidence to exonerate him.

He will probably be executed in 2004 or the begining 2005. Although California leads the nation in death row population, they are very slow to execute. The last one was (i think) Manny Babbit in 1999.
Last edited by alexalonso on July 8th, 2003, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 7th, 2003, 6:52 am

alonso do you know anything about blue note organisation ...i saw the article on your web site about tookie sending kites do you really think those incidents were related ?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 8th, 2003, 8:07 am

its a pro crip inmate organisation kind of like cco or la eme for the mexicanz, and tookie was the founder a lots of hoodstaz are down with the blue note ...i was just wandering if you knew about it or if somebody 'v heard about it

C-rum
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by C-rum » July 8th, 2003, 9:03 am

I read lil bit about them in Monster I think he said they had a few Raymonds in it too

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 8th, 2003, 8:38 pm

yes raymonds120's ,90's,60's,100's,a lot of compton hoods .

wed
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Tookie's situation is coming to a head next year

Unread post by wed » July 25th, 2003, 3:32 pm

i just wanna say that Big Took is in my prayers and all the hommies from mpls. are prayin for you. he has done so much good since he has been in, i cant celieve they still plannin on his xecution, even after he was nominated for the peace prize. now u know no person runnin around doing dirt is gonna get nominated for the peace prize, he was nominated for a reason...for all the youths he has tried to help that are bangin or that are in prison, all the books he has wrote (jus 2 name a few). he has admitted that he made many mistakes, and he knows he was wrong and now he is trying to better himself. any one can C that he is trying to change, and i celieve that everyone deserves a second chance.

wed
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wed » August 9th, 2003, 2:42 pm

there's a good article on Big Took in this months issue of "The Source". Checc it out.

cjj38

Unread post by cjj38 » August 12th, 2003, 9:01 pm

Also an article in the "New York Times Magazine" this past week about Tookie.

Cay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Cay » August 28th, 2003, 11:22 pm

if they do execute Mr. Williams...do yall think there gonna be riot?? how many of yall would be involved in it if a riot did go down??

pico
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pico » August 29th, 2003, 9:15 pm

Ah well. Even with Mr. Williams gone, the gang he co-founded will still be here and is only growing.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 30th, 2003, 4:39 am

i'm sure that cay will be behind his computer checkin daz last liricks to come up with some new initials lol fake nigga lol your mask is off

Cereal_K
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Cereal_K » August 30th, 2003, 7:06 am

What is sherm ? Maybe he didnt kill the 4 people , ive read that a man that knew him gave testimony saying " he heard in his hood that williams said the noise the white guy made when williams shoot him", the evidence cant be based in testimonys, there was a case of a spanish man named jose martinez that was accused of two murders in miami, and the evidence was based in a tape showing him saying he killed them but u couldnt hear it, and on her ex-girlfriend that said he did it, but after she recognized she lied, the american justice was going to execute him, but his parents came to spain, asked 4 help, and wt the money from help, the could pay one of the best lawyers of miami, and finally they got him out, and he hadnt kill the two people!!! SO HOW CAN U TRUST AMERICAN DEATH PENALTY SYSTEM??? how many blacks have been imprisoned and then they were inoccent ??

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » September 14th, 2003, 2:41 pm

i've talked to niggaz in the pen, and they said dont be fooled Tookie is a cold ass nigga

Tookie wuz a real ass OG tho real crippin

Cereal_II
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cereal_II » November 6th, 2003, 3:47 pm

Hey yo wattz, whatz do ya mean with cold azz nigga ? He still down with the Cripz ? Hez the Original Original Gangster (O.O.G. )

Cereal_II
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cereal_II » November 23rd, 2003, 6:00 am

Yo wuz up ? From which neighbourhood iz Tookie from ? And in his time The West Side Crips where were they based ? And why they call him Tookie ?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » November 23rd, 2003, 10:33 am

he iz from a hood called your spanish ass motherz pussy stink lil gay boay on the west side

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 23rd, 2003, 4:11 pm

bgCASPER wrote:he iz from a hood called your spanish ass motherz pussy stink lil gay boay on the west side
what's the purpose of this comment?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » November 23rd, 2003, 5:11 pm

Mr. Alonso, please permit me to intermediate and explain. Cereal and Casper have been trading some angry words for awhile. The problem is that Casper is a real (retired) gangster from Compton and Cereal is not.

Cereal initially fronted pretending that he was and said some pretty aweful things to Casper which resulted in Casper pretty much responding like a true gangbanger would.

Now as of late, Cereal appears to have been backing off a bit and growing up some. But a true blue G like Casper doesn't just drop a slight, if you know what I mean.

My advice and opinion would be to use your position as a moderator to bring a truce or agreement not to respond to each other behind the scenes via PM. Or if you don't move like that then possibly a warning to all parties involved.

Either way, PLEASE DO NOT BAN CASPER. He is the real deal and contributes mightly to this site and another one hosted in another country.

Cereal is growing but if I had to make the choice who goes and who stays I would want the real deal to stay and that is Casper.

Thank you and I hope you take my post into consideration when making decisions regarding this.

Cereal_II
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cereal_II » November 25th, 2003, 9:04 am

Apart from deez, anyone Can answa the question bout Tookie i made ?

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » November 25th, 2003, 11:55 am

let me explain something to everyone in this particular thread...i work hand in hand with Big Took (yea imma Blood and he USED to be a Crip)...let me explain my man's situation....THE NIGGA IS FACING THE DEATH PENALTY...why won't they give my man a stay of execution???? why wont they commute his sentence???? BECAUSE EVERY DAMN WHERE FOLKS TURN...niggas are celebrating the BIg Homie as an ACTIVE GANG MEMBER...just like ya'll are sitting here doing on this forum
took does NOT...let me repeat that...HE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY GANG ACTIVITY AT THIS JUNCTURE IN HIS LIFE...damn ya'll...the man does NOT want the hype that ya'll are sitting here adding to his woes and the mess is senseless....nan one of ya'll seem to know the deal on the matter and yet more than half of ya'll are lil internet ass thugs or lil white boy ass copy cat thugs from suburbia...runnin round worrying about where the hell the man is from and whether or not it's true that riots are gonna pop off and if kites have been sent....GIVE IT A REST damn
the very thing that keeps tookie from having his life spared are gang ties...the gang ties that niggas that dont know that man keep hangin around his neck like the very noose that will one day take his last breath from him...the system sees tookie as the nigga that started all this shit...there is far more to the story than has EVER BEEN spoken on about Took's involvement in Crips...yea he was there from the beginning but NO he ain't banging anymore...get off his nuts and stop drooling at the imaginary legends ya'll seem to be over-fascinated with...it's outta hand
NO kites were sent for rioting in the pen...NONE...however most of Calis pens put all blacks on lockdown for an extended period of time, then allowed all blacks EXCEPT crips to come off lockdown for an even longer period of time...the system says it was based on rumors of rioting and guards being targets behind Took's situation...i'm here to tell you DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE
tookie does NOT bang...stop lableing the man and furthering his problems by doing so

"the fool speaks only to be heard and the wise man only because he has something to say"....now reread yo posts and ask yoself which one are you?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » November 25th, 2003, 12:33 pm

Thank you Tatta for bringing us back to the subject and sharing what you know.

Cereal_II
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cereal_II » November 25th, 2003, 2:42 pm

Eventhough i dont know Tookie real life situation and im a foreigna i still would like Tookie outta death row, because i dont believe in that justice system and i have sympathy 4 the man. Maybe he iz not more gang related which iz difficult az bein locked and surrounded by crips but what i wanna point iz that i would not b talkin bout stanley williams if he had not been one of the founderz of the crips and of course ya can change ya life but iz the same as if ya murder somebody with 20 years old and ya could have changed after and dont want 2 talk bout it but it will always be there and that person wont come back u have 2 face what u have done or do . Of the different opinions i have read iz clear that tookie aint responsible for the situation of gang violence yet he helped i would rather point mayors , city administrators and economic/social conditions of the neighbourhoodz.
I undastand tatta ya dont wanna talk bout Tookie im opened to opinion s on the question of young tookie i made and if u know please post it here.
Maybe im a lil white boy ass copy cat thugs from suburbia but i still have the right 2 know.
Peace

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » November 25th, 2003, 2:53 pm

Cereal,
Your on the outside looking in. NO matter how much you read on these forums, no matter how much you wanna be...you simply can't, won't, and will never be an LA Gangster. And for reals, you don't even want to be. If you are really taking this fantasy of gangbanging as a lifestyle, bring your ass down to the LOS, pick a team, and start riding. Then you can talk your talk.

You got some stupid chit to say here. Calm down and just read.

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » November 25th, 2003, 3:53 pm

im with you on this note BDL...what kills me i mean REALLY kills me is seeing fools that are just 100% fascinated with the gang culture...i just don't get it
i was just sitting here watching some bs tapes of some cat c-walkin...lil boy from hawaii...don't that fool know that niggas have died behind that?? don't they really truly know that if you bust that stuff in my hood you finna stop breathin???

Cereal...man i can dig your curiousity about certain thangs but as the big homie laid out bruh...there are some things that folks on the outside will just never know and really shouldnt want to know

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » November 25th, 2003, 5:57 pm

only reason i want to know is because i used to live in a gang area in boston MA and bakersfield CA....and im a sociology major trying to figure out what to do with my life. (not much you can do with sociology). juvenile deliquency and gangs are the most interesting thing to me. I guess i want to do something along the lines of Alonso. sorry if thats bad or anything.

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » November 25th, 2003, 6:03 pm

Bulls Fan wrote:only reason i want to know is because i used to live in a gang area in boston MA and bakersfield CA....and im a sociology major trying to figure out what to do with my life. (not much you can do with sociology). juvenile deliquency and gangs are the most interesting thing to me. I guess i want to do something along the lines of Alonso. sorry if thats bad or anything.
that is a whole seperate scenario Bulls Fan...and feel free to ask me questions when ever their is somethingyou feel i can help you with

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wizard wond » November 25th, 2003, 6:10 pm

Tatta wrote:let me explain something to everyone in this particular thread...i work hand in hand with Big Took (yea imma Blood and he USED to be a Crip)...let me explain my man's situation....THE NIGGA IS FACING THE DEATH PENALTY...why won't they give my man a stay of execution???? why wont they commute his sentence???? BECAUSE EVERY DAMN WHERE FOLKS TURN...niggas are celebrating the BIg Homie as an ACTIVE GANG MEMBER...just like ya'll are sitting here doing on this forum
took does NOT...let me repeat that...HE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY GANG ACTIVITY AT THIS JUNCTURE IN HIS LIFE...damn ya'll...the man does NOT want the hype that ya'll are sitting here adding to his woes and the mess is senseless....nan one of ya'll seem to know the deal on the matter and yet more than half of ya'll are lil internet ass thugs or lil white boy ass copy cat thugs from suburbia...runnin round worrying about where the hell the man is from and whether or not it's true that riots are gonna pop off and if kites have been sent....GIVE IT A REST damn
the very thing that keeps tookie from having his life spared are gang ties...the gang ties that niggas that dont know that man keep hangin around his neck like the very noose that will one day take his last breath from him...the system sees tookie as the nigga that started all this @$%*...there is far more to the story than has EVER BEEN spoken on about Took's involvement in Crips...yea he was there from the beginning but NO he ain't banging anymore...get off his nuts and stop drooling at the imaginary legends ya'll seem to be over-fascinated with...it's outta hand
NO kites were sent for rioting in the pen...NONE...however most of Calis pens put all blacks on lockdown for an extended period of time, then allowed all blacks EXCEPT crips to come off lockdown for an even longer period of time...the system says it was based on rumors of rioting and guards being targets behind Took's situation...i'm here to tell you DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE
tookie does NOT bang...stop lableing the man and furthering his problems by doing so

"the fool speaks only to be heard and the wise man only because he has something to say"....now reread yo posts and ask yoself which one are you?
It could not have been stated any better than that, bro. Take heed people.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » November 25th, 2003, 9:36 pm

""
Bulls Fan wrote:only reason i want to know is because i used to live in a gang area in boston MA and bakersfield CA....and im a sociology major trying to figure out what to do with my life. (not much you can do with sociology). juvenile deliquency and gangs are the most interesting thing to me. I guess i want to do something along the lines of Alonso. sorry if thats bad or anything.
""

bakersfield? i also lived there bullsfan, i lived in varrio bakers, right off king and virginia...also in Loma Bakers right off beale and union and by The colonia bakers by california park. then i also lived in southwest by california ave and stockdale, i am very familiar with the area and was a tecato (herion addict) there, shit i was a every drug addict there... but that shits history now.

Cereal_II
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cereal_II » November 26th, 2003, 2:10 pm

I still wanna hear bout Tookie ya aint the one if u dunn wanna talk dont do it but dont come with summ stupid shit . N u lokote i dont wanna be no mothafuckin LA gangsta, but yeah i like 2 know bout it knowimayin ?? n dont come with a fuckin string cause i wont have anotha stupid Casper 2 string. SO POST THE STORY OF THE WEST SIDE CRIPS TOOKIE INITIAL GANG N SHUT the FUC.

N show sum respect

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » November 26th, 2003, 8:27 pm

question Cereal? how is it that you fix your fingers to tye "show some respect" and yet you let them fly into a fit of rage and type meaningless words of DISrespect?
had you not taken it upon yourself to fly of the damn handle i might have taken a minute to answer your question...i ain't the one homie...i ain't the sucka ass nigga that is gonna read your words and keep bantering back and forth with you bruh....i ain't into internet warfare....keep your words and keep pushin on that note

Monkeywrench
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Monkeywrench » November 26th, 2003, 8:44 pm

Hey......PLEASE don't ban this cereal fool.This dude says the funniest s***.He's an idiot..but he does add some comic relief here.Man...ya'll should fly this fool out to L.A.,just to see how he would react to some gangwarfare....man....I got some ends to chip in for the ticket,ya'll just gotta film that s***,4 real!

On a serious note,my prayers go Tookie and his family.Dude is a real man with heart.Peace to him