Most powerful gangster of all time?

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
MeyerLansky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Most powerful gangster of all time?

Unread post by MeyerLansky » November 15th, 2004, 6:36 am

Who's the most powerful gangster of all time do you think?

I'd go with Meyer Lansky, or Charlie Luciano, both of 'em re-structured the whole italian mafia, modernizing it, and made a hell lotta $$. Luciano even helped the U.S Government during the 2nd world war.

Anonymous20

Re: Most powerful gangster of all time?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 15th, 2004, 8:56 am

Yeah, Id say Luciano too for the italian mafia, he was the king of new york at a time and he got his way out of jail by making a deal with the government haha heres a good article on him http://www.murderinc.com/fam/luciano.html

C_Ridah253
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by C_Ridah253 » November 15th, 2004, 9:27 am

YEA I WATCHED SOMETHING ON LUCIANO...HE WAS A TRUE GANGSTER...MAYBE HE WASNT THE MOST POWERFUL BUT FOR THE ITALIANS I WOULD SAY HE WAS NUMBER 1 ON THE MOST POWERFUL...THE ITALIAN MAFIA THESE DAYS HAS FALLEN APART...back IN LUCAINOS DAY THERE WAS NO SNITCHES...

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » November 15th, 2004, 12:18 pm

The most powerful gang is one without no territory and no record about them what so ever.

MeyerLansky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MeyerLansky » November 16th, 2004, 9:49 am

that's a good article.

true about who's the most powerful, but here we gotta consider those we know of. and I'd stick to luciano on that. I've heard a different story about how luciano, lansky and siegel met tho. apparently siegel and luciano had been fighting over this broad, then lansky came to the place and didn't know which side to pick in the fight, so he took a wrench and beat both. after that they became life-long friendS(that is, until lansky and luciano got siegel shot because siegel fucked it up in vegas)

Trey
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trey » November 17th, 2004, 2:42 pm

Pablo Escobar, he himself was worth between 20-40 billion dollars and his empire was worth way more than that. When he went to jail he built his own jail which was like a resort equipped with swimming pool and night club. He even walked in and out of there like it was his real home without any guards or government officials saying anything. He made the Fortune 500 in the 80's. That's gangsta!

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 17th, 2004, 4:03 pm

blowing up a whole plane to prove your point though isnt, but yeah, id agree with u that he was powerful as fuck. by the way, talking of the medellin cartel, ive heard alvaro uribe had ties from back then (aside being from medellin also, he owns a chemical company among others which is a needed chemical to make cocaine by coincidence), who knows who took over when he died
Last edited by Anonymous20 on November 26th, 2004, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

polysaturated
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by polysaturated » November 26th, 2004, 12:47 am

yeah Pablo didn't he have an army or something?

MeyerLansky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MeyerLansky » November 26th, 2004, 3:15 am

Pablo was a terrorist as well in my eyes, putting out 300$ contracts on every american citizen, police officer or military personell when he was on the run.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » November 26th, 2004, 3:20 am

El Gordo has to be my pick too

KRDreJ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KRDreJ » November 26th, 2004, 11:51 am

Osama Bin Laden

He takes gangsterism to a whole new level

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » November 26th, 2004, 3:31 pm

A gangster, a thug, a terrorist, and a mafiosos are all different thangs. Get your shit straight loco.

JONES
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JONES » November 26th, 2004, 10:01 pm

KRDreJ wrote:Osama Bin Laden

He takes gangsterism to a whole new level
i see yo point ,BUT WTF SO GANGSTER ABOUT HIM KILLING SHIT LOADS OF PEOPLE ON 911 OR ............... :shock: :?: :?: :?: :roll:

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » November 26th, 2004, 11:12 pm

Man too many of yall is clowns. Jones you didnt see my post before yours? He is a god damn terrorist - not a gangster. There is huge difference between being a activist and being a gangster.

bayarearep
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: USA

Unread post by bayarearep » November 27th, 2004, 12:31 am

meyer lansky...
without him, luciano wouldn't of got near to where he was

KRDreJ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KRDreJ » November 27th, 2004, 9:45 am

cbi562 wrote:Man too many of yall is clowns. Jones you didnt see my post before yours? He is a god damn terrorist - not a gangster. There is huge difference between being a activist and being a gangster.
Let me school you on something son... The U.S considers them as a terrorist in there home country there considered highly dangerous rich and powerful gangsters.

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » November 27th, 2004, 5:30 pm

You aint schoolin me for shit. He does not belong to a god damn gang fool. In most parts of the world he is considered as a terrorist. What a nigga really meant is that he is an activist. A real gangster is out there tryin to make that mighty dollar to reach the good life. Bin Ladin is no gangster cuzz – he is a powerful activist.

S.R.E.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S.R.E. » December 15th, 2004, 9:41 am

If we are talking about the most powerful, I too would have to go with Lucky, he not only was the Chairman of the Five Families , but also made the Mafia more into a business origination, and we all know that is were the real money comes in.

BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BendyThumbs » December 15th, 2004, 10:24 am

Agree with the Lucky and Meyer in terms of power, but the most powerful right now in the world is Seymon Mogilevich, i don't know any American gangsters who deal in Nukes. Also other Americans who held great power, but were't as mainstream were Moe Dalitz(Clevand guy who made huge money in Vegas) and Accardo who died without ever spending a night in jail.

Light_skin_boi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Light_skin_boi » December 15th, 2004, 5:48 pm

i agree with trey PABLO ESCOBAR would have beenthe most powerfull gangsta

MeyerLansky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MeyerLansky » December 16th, 2004, 5:23 am

True, Moglievich right now.

agarcia8882000
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by agarcia8882000 » December 18th, 2004, 9:34 pm

I'd have to go with Al Capone

BfKCmOney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BfKCmOney » December 19th, 2004, 11:00 pm

Light_skin_boi wrote:i agree with trey PABLO ESCOBAR would have beenthe most powerfull gangsta
Yeah the Colombia Padre

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » December 20th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Bush is the ultimate gangster he stole two elections and nobody does anything about it also look at all the people he has killed in Iraq already just for Oil and to set up US military bases their so the US could punk Iran and install a regime that will deal with US Oil companies and make billions of dollars.

Yep the Mafioso Bush basically can do whatever he wants and countries like Russia,China,France and Germany cant do anything to stop Bush from controlling the Middle East oil.

Oil is the ultimate money maker more so then anything illegal.

Baby-Girl16
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Baby-Girl16 » January 23rd, 2005, 5:43 pm

LOL, YEAH THATS TRUE.. ANYBODY WHO CAN TAKE OVER A COUNTRY AND WIN the PRESIDENCY twice ILLEGALLY HAS 2 HAVE SOME MAJOR CONNECTIONS...ahem BIN LADEN

Unread post by 2526 » January 23rd, 2005, 6:13 pm

HANDS DOWN,IN THE ITALIAN MAFIA SENSE,I WOULD SAY CARLO GAMBINO WAS THE BIGGEST GANGSTER..............CURRENTLY MOGELIVICH THE HEAD OF THE RUSSIAN MAFIA IS IT.......READ''RED MAFIYA'',IT'LL TELL U THE STORY OF THE RUSSIAN MOB TODAY.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » January 24th, 2005, 7:35 am

Id say:
Pablo Escobar at the peak of his power
The Godfather of the sicilian Mafia (he has become a legend which has never been caught until today)
Rodriguez and Carlos Orejuela, the leading heads of the Cali Cartel whose wealth is guessed on 200(!) Billion Dollars

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » January 24th, 2005, 8:58 pm

Sentenza wrote:Id say:
Pablo Escobar at the peak of his power
The Godfather of the sicilian Mafia (he has become a legend which has never been caught until today)
Rodriguez and Carlos Orejuela, the leading heads of the Cali Cartel whose wealth is guessed on 200(!) Billion Dollars
Internationally good choices. I'm kind of surprised you put that together. Peace.

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » January 24th, 2005, 9:35 pm

cbi562 wrote:You aint schoolin me for shit. He does not belong to a god damn gang fool. In most parts of the world he is considered as a terrorist. What a nigga really meant is that he is an activist. A real gangster is out there tryin to make that mighty dollar to reach the good life. Bin Ladin is no gangster cuzz – he is a powerful activist.
do you think bin laden doesnt have money? or do you think he isn't trying to make more money then what he alerady has? or do you think he's not trying to take over any land? he has more money than pablo escobar and al capone put together ever had. the reason they call him a terrorist is because we're trying to catch his azs, just like bush is considered a terrorist in cuba, venenzuela, and parts of the middle east like palestine and iraq.

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » January 24th, 2005, 9:45 pm

Dr. Gonzo wrote:Bush is the ultimate gangster he stole two elections and nobody does anything about it also look at all the people he has killed in Iraq already just for Oil and to set up US military bases their so the US could punk Iran and install a regime that will deal with US Oil companies and make billions of dollars.

Yep the Mafioso Bush basically can do whatever he wants and countries like Russia,China,France and Germany cant do anything to stop Bush from controlling the Middle East oil.

Oil is the ultimate money maker more so then anything illegal.
in that case, clinton is a big time mafioso too, he invaded bosnia and nobody never made a big deal about it like they did with bush so he must have some good media connections, then in 1998 he bombed the hell out of iraq and not even for the oil, god knows why. he was having sex with all kinds of sluts and people considered him a pimp, he sold all of the USA's nuclear and weapons technology to china, and after raising the taxes like crazy and forcing everyone to buy car insurance he still got re-elected, that's what you call skillz.

maldoror

Unread post by maldoror » January 28th, 2005, 1:47 pm

Probably some guy from the Chinese Triads. I forget the name of the guy who was to Shanghai what Capone was to Chicago at the same time, but that guy would've considered Capone a small time punk by comparison

maldoror

Unread post by maldoror » January 28th, 2005, 1:49 pm

do you think bin laden doesnt have money? or do you think he isn't trying to make more money then what he alerady has? or do you think he's not trying to take over any land? he has more money than pablo escobar and al capone put together ever had. the reason they call him a terrorist is because we're trying to catch his azs, just like bush is considered a terrorist in cuba, venenzuela, and parts of the middle east like palestine and iraq.[/quote]

He's heavily involved in the heroin trade,and Al Qaeda's pretty involved in money laundering rackets, identity theft, etc. so he does count as a gangster