when age did you stop bangin

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

in-my-closet

when age did you stop bangin

Unread post by in-my-closet » December 12th, 2003, 5:17 pm

you no yall did no me as (baby freeze) man i wasn't even on that bullsh** no moe the one homie was speakin the real to me and i started to go back to school again i put that blue rag sh** in my closet i aint on it no moe put i still rep A-DRIVE man alonso dont ban me

mickgreen58
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: when age did you stop bangin

Unread post by mickgreen58 » December 12th, 2003, 5:52 pm

bgfreeze, since you stop bangin, do members of your hood try to mess with you?

- Mike G.

in-my-closet

Unread post by in-my-closet » December 14th, 2003, 12:41 pm

naw because all my brothers in that hood and i got so many niggas i wasn't in that gang for respect i was born in that bi*** so you no man i still chill with the homies in the hood i bang when it come down to it i just don't put in work but i would if they fuck with me or mine but yeah thats how it is fam

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 16th, 2003, 7:03 am

GOOD CUZZ WE NEED LAWYERS DOCTORS AND POLITICIANZ ...SCHOOL IS THE WAY CUZZ BUT WERE EVER YOU GO DONT FORGET WERE YOU CAME FROM PEACE LIL CUZZ

S.R.E.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S.R.E. » January 19th, 2005, 9:30 am

Hopefully most people stop banging when they come to an age as a men or women when they realize the ignorant cycle they are continuing. Also, when they learn we can be a part of something and not destroy ourselves, along with whatever were a part of with negativity, but up lift it with positive actions.

Boricua

Unread post by Boricua » March 29th, 2005, 9:52 pm

You never really get out 100%. But I stopped at 22. When I look back, I'm lucky to have gotten out of it alive and in one piece. I just finished school, and have a job that I'll start in late August, it won't pay much but its a start to a normal life, I'll be teaching political economic theory at a community college and at a university as a part time instructor. I'm 29 now.

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » March 30th, 2005, 8:32 pm

Boricua wrote:You never really get out 100%. But I stopped at 22. When I look back, I'm lucky to have gotten out of it alive and in one piece. I just finished school, and have a job that I'll start in late August, it won't pay much but its a start to a normal life, I'll be teaching political economic theory at a community college and at a university as a part time instructor. I'm 29 now.
you finish skool like go to college?
if you manage to stop bangin and go to college mad props

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » March 31st, 2005, 9:50 am

why does he got mad props? im in college close 2 getting my associate degree and im still bangin. its easier 2 get your degree if you aint bangin nomore.

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » March 31st, 2005, 5:16 pm

Q wrote:why does he got mad props? im in college close 2 getting my associate degree and im still bangin. its easier 2 get your degree if you aint bangin nomore.
it didn't seem possible to me to be able to be a ex gang banger and manage to go to college and stuff before i read this thread but i know it's possible now
i was just suprised that someone managed to do that

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » July 21st, 2005, 2:58 am

started age 9 retired age 20

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » July 22nd, 2005, 3:39 am

I was never a gang member like in the states but I was part of a crew up North in UK as a kid - fighting crew to crew or one on one was the diet of the day - but in that culture (seems ol' fashioned eh!) we fought with our fists. I stopped fighting 'cos I had had my nose bust a third time in too short a period and had to wear a plater cast on my face. When the cast came off, I had a bump of bone out of place on the bridge of my nose and I was pissed off cos I worried that the gallys wouldnt like me the same! Then me and a friend got jumped by a group of rivals - I was drunk at the time - we tried to give the best account of ourselves as we could and after battling a kid to my front, I saw a bat come in in my peripheral vision. Then f***in' saw stars and fell and got stamped on. When I came too and dragged my body to get cleaned up, I saw that my beating had knocked my nose into a respectable position and had done what the doctors didnt do! My gloom turned to instant joy - thank you rival crew for sorting out my good looks again, I am grateful. And so I made a choice not to scrap as I had and yeah, to make peace whenever I could. I was nineteen.

Y.g. Kappa Don
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Y.g. Kappa Don » August 8th, 2005, 4:42 pm

I started Bang'n at age 8 and stopped as soon as my family started at 20 i didn't want bullets flyin ova my childz head though i was born in 2 the i still got fukked with and had 2 take a kouple of niggaz fadez 4 thinkin i abandoned the turf and trynna make the big homiez look at me like i aint neva put in work 4 the hood those was the niggaz i had issues with but whatz funny iz all the niggaz that tried 2 make me look like an off-brand wuz niggaz that aint neva putin any kind of work jealous niggaz that waz made bekuzz all the G's still got love 4 me and madd bekuzz none of the young souljahz eva told on me bout the shit i did bekuz they knew kappa don wuz, iz, and alwayz will B a Brazy azz rida so those was problemz i ran into but my big homiez and young homiez will tell you my stripez are creditable and my pass wont B revoked neva. :twisted:

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » August 9th, 2005, 4:43 pm

stated at 12 became non-active at 22/23 area. Shit was just getting old, all the real niggas except for a few were dead or locked up for ages and these youngstas were on some dumb shit, plus the real love was gone. Plus I lost alot of my Folks to drugs too and I wanted to be successful so I moved on. I still kick it with the old schoolers and my day 1 G'z who on some grown man shit and we all still down just not active. But best believe when the funk gets jumping we aint running in the other direction though...we just aint provoking violence and set tripping no more.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 10th, 2005, 3:41 am

Full Respect to the above posters. Grown man shit is a harder option at the end of the day. We all got options and choices, regardless of how we grew up.

greenwood104

Unread post by greenwood104 » August 13th, 2005, 3:39 am

i wes in it deep for 2 years but then shit started getting out of hand so i just quit like that

Q BALL

Unread post by Q BALL » August 15th, 2005, 4:00 pm

I stop gang banging in 1992 when the truce took place in los angeles
everybody say they started the truce but really god did by placing peace in all our hearts to come together. u know the old saying crisis bring about peace.u can read about me in the book uprising where me and 13 other brothers express r change and knw that there is a way out of anything.i am an example for thousands of reform gangsters i am a father & grandfather thats gangster to make it to 41 in south central and still lead my people by gods grace peace to all

leftcoast
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by leftcoast » September 23rd, 2005, 9:42 pm

wut set wuz u from qball

qbone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by qbone » September 25th, 2005, 1:15 am

this is to homie leftcoast i am a gee i am a foot soilder out of souh central
my name is qbone that will let u knw who i am if not then just ask somebody cause i don-t express my self like that no more i repect all now i reprsent the gees alive &dead by example for many generations to come.
it do not matter no more.but leftcoast stay down and always knw its a small world can we all just push to win this division thats set up to fail us r hoods aint and never will be what we set out to be thats why we need to be as one
where ever anybody from i respect now that homie who respect his self and actions he/she do for there hood where ever it my be........
stand tall &strong
long live the struggle
big Q bone
a.k.a
Q.ball

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » September 26th, 2005, 9:54 am

IM IN COLLEGE BUT IM NOT AS ACTIVE AS I USED TO C, BUT IM STILL GOT LOVE FOR THE HOMIES.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » December 29th, 2005, 7:29 pm

i stopped bangin but never stopped claiming..............just got a few jobs and hang out less.....it aint like your friends come over and twist your arm and ask you to participate in anything.....and when i go clubbin i still get mad respect from them and hang out and even back them up.........but now i got other groups of friends and spread myself around with other groups

tiny girl

Unread post by tiny girl » January 2nd, 2006, 9:49 pm

its good to see you all doing something positive with your lives. I hope that the other gangbangers can do the same. Some of you may be an insparation to some of the younger generation out there. Keep up the good work.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » February 12th, 2014, 8:28 pm

damn....im 44 now.....i guess you never become a "former gang member" unless you go christian or betray your team......im an INACTIVE gang member lol