Training Day (2001)

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Does anybody Think Training Day was a Raw ass movie?

Unread post by Invincible » January 18th, 2005, 4:04 am

Ive been by Jordon Downs not in yet, (yes I am planning on going and yall better pay me some cash via paypal for accepting your dares lol), but it seemed pretty soft to me.

Purple Dinosaur
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Purple Dinosaur » January 18th, 2005, 4:08 am

ok just go inside it, and tell them its soft.......... all the projects is "soft" from the outside, we'll see if u still sayin that after u go there, that is if yo hands still gon be able to type....

Purple Dinosaur
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Purple Dinosaur » January 18th, 2005, 4:14 am

u shoulda came today on martin luther king day, alot of the homies wuz outside posted up in the back by the blue caprice on 22s, and the straps like always wuz on dec just burried in the ground (AKs) and in bushes

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Realism of Training Day

Unread post by Godfather » January 18th, 2005, 6:58 pm

For those of you who saw the film...at the end where the black guy lets Jake go and goes after the fed, why did he do it? Can it really be that easy to win over a gangster? And, why didn't they shoot Alonzo when he was talking all the shit? Is there a reason I'm missing?

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Hawthorne

Re: Realism of Training Day

Unread post by L Grindin » January 18th, 2005, 8:09 pm

I don't think its an issue of it being easy to win over a gangster; gangsters don't like the police, but they respect honest cops like Jake, and hate the crooked cops like Alonzo who continually violate their civil rights, and think they can get away with it because they wear a badge.

Regarding the gangster, Bone, not shooting Alonzo: only someone who doesn't value their freedom would shoot a cop in front of dozens of people. He would've brought too much heat on himself, and his neighborhood, for killing Alonzo in front of all those people.

Purple Dinosaur
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Purple Dinosaur » January 18th, 2005, 8:17 pm

its hollywood.......not real life

LOONEY TOON
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by LOONEY TOON » January 18th, 2005, 8:56 pm

Purple Dinosaur wrote:its hollywood.......not real life
FOR REAL

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » January 18th, 2005, 9:30 pm

Purple Dinosaur wrote:its hollywood.......not real life
Damn nothing gets passed you huh? Thanks L, I figured that more or less. I actually didn't know that gangsters would appreciate honest cops, but learn something new everyday.

Purple Dinosaur
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Purple Dinosaur » January 19th, 2005, 12:39 am

some do some dont, the real ones dont give a fuck about any cop good or a bad, the cop is following the laws of the gorvernment which is tryin to kill off blacks so fuck a cop i dont give a fuck

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » January 19th, 2005, 3:24 am

law of the govt to try kill blacks? Do you have any proof to this ridiculous theory of yours?

Purple Dinosaur
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Purple Dinosaur » January 19th, 2005, 3:30 am

yeah its self explanitory if u have a brain and know the history of the united states ever since the slave ships landed here......

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » January 19th, 2005, 12:58 pm

that was than, if it was today than blacks would still be slaves.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 19th, 2005, 1:26 pm

Invincible wrote:that was than, if it was today than blacks would still be slaves.
wooohoohoo damn dinosaur he got ya there mun vriend

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 20th, 2005, 9:09 am

Invincible wrote:that was than, if it was today than blacks would still be slaves.
since slavery supposedly ended the USA government has sponsered many,many programs to harm the black community....from knowingly infecting us with diseases(tuskegee) to the cointelpro/fbi agenda in the 60s and 70s.People like Invincible just want us to ignore all of this.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » January 20th, 2005, 8:19 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
since slavery supposedly ended the USA government has sponsered many,many programs to harm the black community....from knowingly infecting us with diseases(tuskegee) to the cointelpro/fbi agenda in the 60s and 70s.People like Invincible just want us to ignore all of this.
yeah i gotta agree with him here. but "some do some dont, the real ones dont give a fu-- about any cop good or a bad, the cop is following the laws of the gorvernment which is tryin to kill off blacks so fu-- a cop i dont give a fu--" is just dumb. if they are trying to kill off blacks, why are there black cops, black congressmen, black ect.? to say something like that is just stupid, but in the 60s-70s people still looked down on blacks and just didn't want to try to accept their culture.

murphee

Unread post by murphee » January 22nd, 2005, 1:26 pm

does anyone ever stick to the original topic in these forums!!! ha ha on the real topic though, traning day is a great movie. i really think its a must have in anyones collection

ChAoS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ChAoS » January 27th, 2005, 9:28 pm

murphee wrote:does anyone ever stick to the original topic in these forums!!! ha ha on the real topic though, traning day is a great movie. i really think its a must have in anyones collection
lol......It was pretty realistic...I don't think they woulda been able to walk in Watts or south Central like that tho

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » January 28th, 2005, 3:51 am

I walked through watts and south central.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » January 29th, 2005, 10:55 am

*Hands him a cookie*

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » January 29th, 2005, 3:53 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
Black america also thought that the goverment injected Bob Marley with cancer.

Black america thought OJ was framed, and was innocent.

Black america doesn't like to take responsibility for their actions, sometimes.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » January 30th, 2005, 9:16 pm

I went to the projects today. I was looking for Jordon Downs or Imperial Courts since Training day hiped them up but I ended up going to Nickerson gardens since they wer ejust off Imperial Highway where I was going. There were alot of residents there and I walked right by the Nickerson community or reacreation center (what's over there I just saw some people I think playing absketball). And walked in a little bit before leaving since it was getting dark. Some older black guy told me "what's up dude" I was like "whats up, sup." or something. And at first I was panicking because I thought somebody will pull a gun on me (you guys and partly others hyped the projects too much lol) but nobody really stared at me except some women that looked like they did crack sometimes and some Mexican guys when I got out of my car. I parked in an alley across a basketball court and a school I think. There were alot of Mexicans there as well but it seemed there were more black people in the projects and more Mexicans in the houses nearby. When I was walking back to my car a cop car kept following me and again they started questioning me and asking me if I was lost when I turned around to look at them.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » January 30th, 2005, 9:22 pm

when I first got out some Mexican dudes looked at me weird for a bit and I was thinking of not going since everybody would stare at me as "the white boy in the projects" but I said to myself fuck it who cares about them I will go and prove I am no pussy. So I went.

The projects looked a bit worse than in the pciture of the HACLA site and there was alot of laundry laying around etc. but they didn'st seem that bad at all. I wouldn't mind living there for free and saving up some money except I'd probably always get harassed by cops walking down the street. I saw some people wearing red I don;t know if it meant they were connected to the blood gang or not though. There also seemed to be some people there like a Hispanic girl that could easily pass for a college student lol.

I wonder if I went into the NIckerson recreation area if people would stare?

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » January 31st, 2005, 11:23 am

Invincible wrote:when I first got out some Mexican dudes looked at me weird for a bit and I was thinking of not going since everybody would stare at me as "the white boy in the projects" but I said to myself fu-- it who cares about them I will go and prove I am no pussy. So I went.

The projects looked a bit worse than in the pciture of the HACLA site and there was alot of laundry laying around etc. but they didn'st seem that bad at all. I wouldn't mind living there for free and saving up some money except I'd probably always get harassed by cops walking down the street. I saw some people wearing red I don;t know if it meant they were connected to the blood gang or not though. There also seemed to be some people there like a Hispanic girl that could easily pass for a college student lol.

I wonder if I went into the NIckerson recreation area if people would stare?
LOL

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » January 31st, 2005, 2:07 pm

i think the best thing about training day was the real gangsters, and the real gangster atmosphere that alot of movies dont want to capture. it was raw, no doubt, and for once, they didnt portray the damus as weak, but then again, i know the J's wouldn't of went for that. honestly, i think it portrayed crips, bloods, and surenos as equals. something they never do in films. i was impressed. and it showed they all had sense, not just about shoot'um up bang bang. y'all feel me.

chini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

we ep homies went to check em out filming it

Unread post by chini » February 5th, 2005, 6:10 pm

we saw them down by the library on temple, Denzel even shook the hands of one my girlfriends. a very nice man, which is rare with celebrities.

ablackmanlookin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ablackmanlookin » March 7th, 2005, 5:46 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
You have a very good point and I'm with you on this. But at the same time in truth and I hate to admit it we are becoming our own worst enemy.

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » March 10th, 2005, 5:54 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
i blame the gov for not doing shit about aids when they could have

the first time when ronald regan spoke about aids

25000 people were already killed by it

ablackmanlookin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ablackmanlookin » March 11th, 2005, 11:13 am

GottaLoveLA wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:
i blame the gov for not doing shit about aids when they could have

the first time when ronald regan spoke about aids

25000 people were already killed by it
You have a good point but at the same time u as a indivual has to take responsibilty for our own action. The goverment can do more as far as educating people more on the disease. But if they don't do it what should we do just sit around and do nonething. Blacks are getting hit hard by AIDS and its some serious shit that need to be taken seriously.

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » March 12th, 2005, 3:09 pm

THE BLACK GUY LET THE WHITE BOY GO BECAUSE HE DIDNT LIKE ALONSO RUNNIN THE PLACE. ALONSO WAS A DIRTY COP WHO HAD POWER CAUSE HE A CROOKED DIRTY COP. NOBODY LIKES THAT SHIT ESPICIALLY WHEN ABUSING THE AUTHORITY. EVERYONE IN THAT JUNGLE WAS A BLOOD CRAZY SHIT. THEY ALSO HEARD LETER ON THAT HE WAS THE MAN OF THE BLOCK AND THAT HE CAN PUT EVRYONE TO PRISON. LAME AS WHAT THE PEOPLE THOUGHT SO INSTEAD THEY WENT ON THE WHITE BOYS SIDE.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 12th, 2005, 3:53 pm

Invincible wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:
Black america also thought that the goverment injected Bob Marley with cancer.

Black america thought OJ was framed, and was innocent.

Black america doesn't like to take responsibility for their actions, sometimes.

this guy tries to make Black America look like menial jesters haha....seriously i dont believe Bob Marley died from cancer, they say the cancer spread from his toe thru the rest of his body in under a year. Any person in America would be stupid for believing that but because us BLACKS didnt trust what the government fed us we must be radicals huh? so be it. OJ was framed.....OJ hasnt been considered a part of the black community since the 70s haha but seriously alot of BLACK people think he also did the act in hand, no one knows for a fact except OJ. so if you want the truth go ask him. BLACK america doesnt take responsibility for our actions? is they guy serious? Does WHITE american take responsibility for their actions ummmm No. My ancestors did that it wasnt us, it aint happen to you boo hoo hoo and all the other fuck ass excuses.

read a book... or do us all a favor and download a computer virus

ciao

slcrida

where is "the jungle" in training day

Unread post by slcrida » October 2nd, 2005, 11:04 pm

help out

$outh$ide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by $outh$ide » October 3rd, 2005, 6:40 am

baldwin village/baldwin hills