Are blacks racist ?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Are blacks racist ?

Unread post by MICK » January 21st, 2005, 11:31 am

Oh, okay... research this, what percentage of Americans are criminals?

Criminals commit hate crimes. Your average citizens dont.

Maybe criminals dont accept blacks, but I wasn't talking about them was I?

Find out the percentage of Americans that are criminals. The larger number (your regular citizens) are the ones Im talking about.

Interesting statistics though brother. Thanks for the lesson.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 21st, 2005, 11:39 am

By the way, just out of curiousity....

35% of hate crimes are against blacks

2% for the asians

and 2% were deemed anti- Islamic

Thats 39% of the hate crime statistics. not even half.

just out of curiousity, what were the other 61% ??

how many hate crimes were against whites? hispanics? fill in the other 61% brother. Im interested in knowing what it is.

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Hawthorne

Unread post by L Grindin » January 21st, 2005, 11:59 am

Although the average American probably doesn’t commit hate crimes, the issue you raised wasn’t whether criminals or non-criminals committed hate crimes, but which race is the most victimized by hate crimes; you should always remember that criminals who commit hate crimes are also Americans, and will therefore be included in any statistic.

The remaining 61% of hate crime victims includes various groups of people separated by race, sexual orientation, ethnicities, and disabilities. Only 11% of hate crimes were committed against whites, and 6% against Hispanics.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 21st, 2005, 12:20 pm

The word "hate crime" never left my mouth brother. I was talking about how America has now accepted blacks.

Look at the Hip Hop scene. We now have almost every white and asian kid in the suburbs dressin like f*ckin Eminem and blaring 50 CENT out of mom and dad's BMW. That looks like acceptance to me bro.

On top of that, the media and music industry have accepted them.
Almost all NFL and NBA athletes are black, I can go on and on, but anyone who lives in America knows what Im talkin about.

I never said anything about hate crimes.

Also, where are you getting your statistics from?

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by L Grindin » January 21st, 2005, 12:41 pm

You may not have said "hate crime," but you did say that Blacks aren't the most "hated upon," and because of your word usage, I used the FBI's hate crime statistics as a measure of the hatred that still exists towards Blacks, which comes from the FBI's annual report on hate crimes.

While the acceptance of Black culture might make it appear that other races are more accepting of Blacks, that isn't always true. Throughout the Jim Crow and Civil Rights era, Whites loved being entertained by Blacks, but relegated Black entertainers and athletes to substandard treatment, such as making them enter buildings through the back, and not allowing them to enjoy the same facilities that Whites were allowed to use. And the level of acceptance of Blacks should never be judged by evaluating industries such as sports and entertainment, where White men are the controllers, and earn the most profit; one should always remember that hip hop was considered a fad that would eventually die out by corporate America, until White corporate executives saw Blacks making a lot of money, causing those White executives to accept hip hop, after realizing how much money could be made.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 21st, 2005, 12:50 pm

L Grindin wrote: While the acceptance of Black culture might make it appear that other races are more accepting of Blacks, that isn't always true. Throughout the Jim Crow and Civil Rights era, Whites loved being entertained by Blacks, but relegated Black entertainers and athletes to substandard treatment, such as making them enter buildings through the back, and not allowing them to enjoy the same facilities that Whites were allowed to use. And the level of acceptance of Blacks should never be judged by evaluating industries such as sports and entertainment, where White men are the controllers, and earn the most profit; one should always remember that hip hop was considered a fad that would eventually die out by corporate America, until White corporate executives saw Blacks making a lot of money, causing those White executives to accept hip hop, after realizing how much money could be made.
All I know is that Ludacris made 15 million on his last tour. Eminem gets 2 million for autograph signings. 50 Cent has made more money than all of them combined from his CD alone. And LIL JON gets paid more to scratch his balls and yell YEAA!!! Than I could ever dream of making.
And as far as atheletes working for whites who "control the show". They seem happy to me. 14 million a year can do that to you.

Also, can you post the link to the site where your getting your statistics?

Id like to read that.

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by L Grindin » January 21st, 2005, 12:58 pm

krookid wrote:
L Grindin wrote: While the acceptance of Black culture might make it appear that other races are more accepting of Blacks, that isn't always true. Throughout the Jim Crow and Civil Rights era, Whites loved being entertained by Blacks, but relegated Black entertainers and athletes to substandard treatment, such as making them enter buildings through the back, and not allowing them to enjoy the same facilities that Whites were allowed to use. And the level of acceptance of Blacks should never be judged by evaluating industries such as sports and entertainment, where White men are the controllers, and earn the most profit; one should always remember that hip hop was considered a fad that would eventually die out by corporate America, until White corporate executives saw Blacks making a lot of money, causing those White executives to accept hip hop, after realizing how much money could be made.
All I know is that Ludacris made 15 million on his last tour. Eminem gets 2 million for autograph signings. 50 Cent has made more money than all of them combined from his CD alone. And LIL JON gets paid more to scratch his balls and yell YEAA!!! Than I could ever dream of making.
And as far as atheletes working for whites who "control the show". They seem happy to me. 14 million a year can do that to you.

Also, can you post the link to the site where your getting your statistics?

Id like to read that.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm#hate

It's very detailed

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 21st, 2005, 1:19 pm

None of those links work. I'll try again later today. Thanks though.

The reason I want to see what the rate against whites is this...

Everyday there are however many robberies in America. Lots of em.
Now.. Nation wide, how many times in a week do you think a black guy robs a white guy? In one city... safely, 3 or 4. Now, what about NATION WIDE? What about in EVERY city combined? ALOT.

Now for the point..... During those robberies, how many of them do you think involved the words, cracker, honky, white boy, whitey, white b*tch, ect. I would safely say almost ALL of them. And in the police report when the white person tells cops what was said during the robbery, and it comes out to be somthing along the lines of "give me your money white boy" or "shut up you cracker motherf*cker" or "shut your white ass up and give me that sh*t"
It is instantly labeled a hate crime. Now Im not sayin blacks are robbing killing criminals at all. But this sh*t does happen EVERY DAY somewhere in America. And you have to be honest that those things, in the heat of the crime are probably said most of the time.

Just like a year ago when an Irish guy in Chicago robbed an asian grocery store and in the confusion and struggle of the moment yelled "open the register now!! You chink- motherf*cker!!"
He was then charged with not only robbery and aggravated assault, but with a hate crime.

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by L Grindin » January 21st, 2005, 1:45 pm

If you have a slow connection, it will take a while.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 21st, 2005, 2:07 pm

Im with krookid on this one..
Have yall ever seen jay Leno show, late show with david letterman etc?

Ever since 9/11 every show includes atleast ONE joke about Muslims.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 21st, 2005, 2:15 pm

yea, I have noticed that, brother.

You hear about Conan O'brien's beef with the canadians that turned into a lawsuit? LMFAO Conan is f*ckin hilarious.

kodiak
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kodiak » January 21st, 2005, 2:22 pm

I personally think jews are the most hated. No race/culture can hold a candle to holocaust in my opinion. How many millions were brutally murdered and how many more were savagely enslaved and tortured or starved. The pictures and stories are horrific.

They made showers were they would pump poisonous gas though the pipes. They had ovens made to burn these people alive. They performed tests on these people like they were lab rats. They were tortured mutilated and herded around like animals for no other reason then being jews. Even before the horror they were made to wear stars branding them as jews.

Then agian any culture has gone through some sort of trama and horror in their history, but jews have gone through more then their fair share.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » January 21st, 2005, 2:23 pm

After 9-11 out here, a group of haters surrounded Muslims at a Mosque, telling them to go home. More New Yorkers surrounded those people and defended the Muslims. But that’s in NY…who knows about ‘Red America’… I got a lot of Muslim homeboys, from Iranian to Afghani to Black American Muslims, I think all that hatred is real weak.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 21st, 2005, 2:24 pm

people that surround mosque obviously have nothing to do or nowhere to be. Definite losers without a cause.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 21st, 2005, 2:26 pm

^ yea one of my best friends is a black american muslim. Hes from Baltimore. REAL muslims are good people. Terrorists arent real muslims.
they have taken a good pure belief and twisted it into propaganda.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 21st, 2005, 2:28 pm

kodiak wrote: Then agian any culture has gone through some sort of trama and horror in their history
Yea like when Ireland ran out of booze for a week.

kodiak
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kodiak » January 21st, 2005, 2:55 pm

HAHAHA

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » January 21st, 2005, 3:36 pm

krookid wrote:Sorry to say it, but its 2005. Blacks arent the most hated upon anymore.
most americans, definently the majority, accept blacks now.

TV accepts them, the music industry, the world of sports, employers nowa days are ALL ABOUT equal opportunity, affirmative action, and anti discrimination for their employees. The majority of white American households accept black these days. Maybe not old southern families, or realy wealthy households, but the majority of the lower to middle class white America arent racists.

I would DEFINENTLY say that asians and arab seem to be the most picked on nowa days. Racism will never go away. It would be great if we were all color blind.
IN AMERICAN SOCIETY THATS CAUSE AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE ACTUALLY JUST AMERICANS WITH OUT THE HYPHENS AND ALL BUT I MEAN WORLD WIDE, THINK AFRICAN AMERICANS WOULD BE XCEPTED IN ARGENTINA? HELL NO IN BRASIL YES DEPENDING WHAT PART ALOT OF AFRICAN AMERICANS HAVE MIGRATED TO SALVADOR DE BAHIA, BRASIL

AND WORLD WIDE NEGROS/BLACKS/AFRICANS ARE HATED, DOMINICAN REPUBLICANS: MOST OF THEM HATE NEGROS AND GUESS WHAT THE MAJORITY OF THEM ARE MOSLTLY OF AFRICAN DESCENT(MOSTLY***) I KNOW YOU HEARD OF A SOCCER GAME IN SPAIN THIS IS WHAT THE COACH basically SAID:

Aragones faces racism inquiry
Spain fined for racist chanting
The racism row engulfing Spain coach Luis Aragones could escalate after he called Jose Antonio Reyes "a gypsy".
Aragones was trying to diffuse the ongoing row caused after he made a racial comment about Thierry Henry to Reyes earlier this season.
He told Spanish newspaper El Mundo: "Reyes is ethnically a gypsy. I have got a lot of gypsy and black friends."

He added: "All I did was to motivate the gypsy by telling him he was better than the black."

Arsenal are believed to be unhappy at these latest comments from Aragones who is facing disciplinary action by the Spanish Football Federation.

I feel I have been the victim of a lynching

Luis Aragones

"I consider myself a citizen of the world, I don't care about their skin colour," said Aragones.

"I feel I have been the victim of a lynching. All I did was try to motivate Reyes comparing him with Henry and making him see that he was better.

"I didn't use the term 'black' with any racist meaning.

"I'm not going to forget what's happened. A section of the press in this country (Spain) has lynched me and I will not forget that my family have had a very bad time as a consequence of this."

>>>>football=futbol/soccer

spain racist chants towards englands black futbol/soccer players when they touch the ball

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » January 21st, 2005, 7:36 pm

racism is hate...and hate evolves from anxiety.....

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 22nd, 2005, 9:29 am

why do u blacks in america act like your the only one then?
i've even heard stories from my friend, who is from africa... some black americans talked bad about him and told him to "go back to africa" ..
cuz he had a darker skincolor than they had..
and he aint the first i've heard that from..
seems to be alot of racism between EVERYONE, not just whites, in america.. what about mexicans vs black in L.A for example?
thats crazy aint it?

DiaBo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DiaBo » January 22nd, 2005, 9:34 am

They must of been cracking on your friend.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 22nd, 2005, 9:40 am

TheWatcher wrote:why do u blacks in america act like your the only one then?
Because in America, it's easy to get away with being stupid.

DiaBo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DiaBo » January 22nd, 2005, 9:43 am

Common Sense wrote:
TheWatcher wrote:why do u blacks in america act like your the only one then?
Because in America, it's easy to get away with being stupid.
Lol

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 22nd, 2005, 9:53 am

lol

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » January 23rd, 2005, 9:30 am

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 23rd, 2005, 2:47 pm

krookid wrote:^ yea one of my best friends is a black american muslim. Hes from Baltimore. REAL muslims are good people. Terrorists arent real muslims.
they have taken a good pure belief and twisted it into propaganda.
You consider someone who fights back against a much larger and stronger enemy a terrorist?The USA is within itself a terrorist nation,if you look at the trail of destruction,murder and death its left.

The USA has:
murdered millions of native americans,stole thier land and forced the survivors on reservations

enslaved millions of africans

experimented on blacks by infecting them with std's

stolen land from mexico

backed Isreal,who took land from the Palisteniens

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 23rd, 2005, 2:56 pm

blackmanofhonor : true about america being the real terrorists..

still i agree with krookid.. saddam hussein etc are not real muslims..

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » January 23rd, 2005, 10:17 pm

Fellas,

Why Blacks would exchange one uncaring master for another uncaring master is beyond me. Let's take a brief look at some aspects of the issue instead of spreading misinformation shall we?

In his book Race and Culture, African-American scholar Thomas Sowell, for example, points out that every major world culture until the modern period, without exception, has had slavery. He says, "While it could be tied to military conquests, usually slavery served an economic function. They didn't have bankruptcy laws, so if you got yourself into terrible hock, you sold yourself and/or your family into slavery. As it was discharging a debt, slavery was also providing work. It was bad but an option for survival."

Now in Roman times there were menial laborers who were slaves and there were also others who were the equivalent of distinguished PH.D.'s who were teaching families. And there was no association of a particular race with slavery unlike American slavery where typically only blacks were slaves. That was one of the peculiar horrors of it and it generated an unfair sense of black inferiority that many of us continue to fight to this day (though Black racists tend to downplay this).

Now let's look at Jewish society under the Law. Under the Law, everyone was to be freed every Jubilee. In other words, there was a slavery liberation every seventh year. Whether or not things actually worked out that way, this was the framework in which Jesus was brought up.

It's important to note that Jesus's mission was not to overturn the Roman economic system, which included slavery, but rather to free men and women from their sins spirtually awakening them in a rebirth that restored their relationship to Creator God. His kingdom was not of this word but from above as he said. Naturally transforming people so they begin to love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength and to love their neighbor as themselves has an impact on the idea of slavery.

So the real way to overthrown oppression (and not just reverse who is oppressed which is so often the true goal from the heart of man regardless of race historically) is through the transformation of men and women by the gospel (Jesus's mission) rather than merely changing an economic system (Communism certainly was a case study in that).

Sowell goes on to show that the driving impetus for the abolition of slavery in modern times was the evangelical awakening in England. Christians rammed abolition through Parliment in the beginning of the nineteenth century and then eventually used British gunboats to stop the slave trade across the Atlantic.

While there were about eleven million Africans who were shipped to America, and many did not make it, there were about thirteen million Africans shipped to become slaves in the Arab Muslim world. Again it was the British, prompted by people whose hearts had been changed by Christ, who sent their gunboats to the Persian Gulf to oppose the Arab Muslims enslavement of Africans.

kodiak
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kodiak » January 23rd, 2005, 11:28 pm

Do people feel the world is making strides forward agianst slavery of any man? Is slavery less wide spread and accepted as it once was? I feel it is.

Blackmanofhonour U.S. has taken land from others and yes has done all the things you have said. What country is not guilty of the same things? There is one thing though U.S. does make laws trying for equality and does pay native americans to this day for the land they took. What we do invade we do usually come back and rebuild, and/or give food/supplies for the people. Germany, Japan, Vietnam, Somalia, and the list goes on. Not many countries do that. I do strongly disagree with giving native americans financial aid still, and i do have enough native american in me to collect that check. I refuse to be given that money i can do fine and function in this society without any help.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » January 24th, 2005, 5:51 pm

TheWatcher wrote:ok.. imma do the same thing

dont take this in the wrong way, because u know what i mean..

all black people are in gangs, using drugs and are criminals..

prove me wrong D.X..
also answer to my post above...

and why do white people whos with (im not talking about wannabe gangstas from the burbs) black people get called Wiggers by blacks?

During the slavery, white people who was against opression of black people etc, got called whiggers by the white racists.

???

I'm not even gone waste time with this one.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » January 24th, 2005, 7:48 pm

No please do comment your personal view as clearly as you can. I have cleared my calendar and stand ready to discuss this. DX I await your personal beliefs, please stop quoting NOI and give your personal beliefs, regarding the post. God bless.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » January 24th, 2005, 10:14 pm

L Grindin wrote:
krookid wrote:^ arabs and asians in my opinion.
krookid wrote:Sorry to say it, but its 2005. Blacks arent the most hated upon anymore.
krookid wrote:I would DEFINENTLY say that asians and arab seem to be the most picked on nowa days.
If Blacks are loved so much, and Asians and Arabs are so hated, explain why 35% of all hate crimes in America were committed against Blacks, far outweighing the hate crimes committed against other races and ethnic groups. Only 2% of hate crimes were committed against Asians, and 2% were deemed anti-Islamic, according to the FBI’s 2003 hate crime statistics.
Well, only one can be right then in context. I assert:

http://www.loompanics.com/Articles/hatecrimes.html

"According to the US Census Bureau’s most recent projection (for Sept. 1, 2000), 82.2 percent of the US population is white, while 12.8 percent is black. If Hispanics are excluded from both counts, then the numbers are 71.4 percent white and 12.2 percent black. In the most recent year for which FBI data are available (1998), we see that there were 2,084 anti-black hate crimes committed by whites, and 567 anti-white hate crimes committed by blacks. Though the absolute number of anti-black crimes is 3.6 times as high as anti-white crimes, keep in mind that there are almost six times as many whites as blacks in the US. To get a true picture, we need to look at the proportional rates."

Or,

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=21943
The FBI's "Hate Crime Statistics" for 1999 show that 2,030 whites were arrested that year for "hate crimes" against blacks, compared to 524 blacks who were arrested and charged with a "hate crime" against whites.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, blacks make up 12.8 percent of the population -- or about 35.4 million of the country's 280 million people -- so, given the arrest rate versus population percentage, the data indicates that blacks are one-and-a-half times more likely to be arrested for a "hate crime" than whites.

The Census Bureau's November 2000 statistics listed the nation's white population at 226.8 million, or 82.2 percent of the total.

"In light of this study, it's fair to ask who poses a greater threat to the black community -- racist, violent whites or oblivious black politicians?" said Steve Dasbach, the national director for the Libertarian Party.

"Unfortunately, hate crime laws have boomeranged on blacks," Dasbach said in a recent statement. "African-Americans thought that hate crime legislation would protect them, but instead they're being used as another legal weapon to prosecute them."

Dasbach also said the FBI study indicated that another 87 blacks were arrested for hate crimes against other blacks.

"Hate crimes aren't just for KKK members anymore. They are now being applied even to same-race crimes … apparently giving racist police, prosecutors or judges another weapon to use against African-Americans," Dasbach said.

The bottom line, Dasbach said, is that crimes against a certain protected class of citizens "should not be treated more seriously than crimes against anyone else."

etc.. etc.. etc........

Now I am not saying any serious crime is justified regardless of race. But I do want to see your sources as I find a different story against pro Black and pro White sites across the net and our government statistics are very different from what I see published than your own.