Black Klan Members.

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Shaka Khan Orlando Jordan

Black Klan Members.

Unread post by Shaka Khan Orlando Jordan » April 18th, 2004, 9:53 pm

Believe me i know this is pretty stupid but i was curious.
Does anyone know of a black person ever being in the Klan or other groups that are similar?

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Black Klan Members.

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » April 18th, 2004, 10:05 pm

I have seen pictures of blacks with klan members. They are usually hanging like a christmas tree ornament. What a stupid question.
The klan is dead. They served a purpose after the civil war with the carpet bagging and rioting blacks but then tthey just got stupid.

Unread post by Guest » April 19th, 2004, 6:12 am

I think the dude acknowledge it bein a dumb question, no need to get rude with him
Honestly i seen a black klan member there was dis rally in 95 at this shoppin mall and some black dude got up and said he admits the evils of the black community and he's gonna try and sway the way they act.

Unread post by Guest » April 19th, 2004, 6:13 am

Yo DP sorry G's

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » April 19th, 2004, 11:27 am

AcmeWhiteBread said:

"They (the klan) served a purpose after the civil war with the carpet bagging and rioting blacks but then tthey just got stupid."

*Give me some history, outside of the movie "Birth of a Nation", that will attest to black folks "rioting" after the Civil War, and how that rioting lead to the formation, and workings of the klan.

indyjrt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by indyjrt » April 19th, 2004, 5:18 pm

Only time I saw it was on the Chapelle show, remember when Chappelle was the black blind KKK member............

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 19th, 2004, 5:27 pm

I don't know anything about black klansmen, but I do know there is such thing as black confederate soldiers association. They are very proud of their southern heritage and support the stars and bars confederate flag.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 19th, 2004, 7:01 pm

I seen on one of them TV talk shows a guy that was half black and hated blacks. Said that he was a follower of the nazi's and hated mis mother for being with a black man. Confused.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 19th, 2004, 7:18 pm

^^daaamn, now thats some sad shit. brainwashed to the fullest

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 19th, 2004, 7:39 pm

Not A Klan Memeber But Interesting?

Klan-Destine Relationships

Author Daryl Davis will speak on the UTC campus on Wednesday, February 12 at 8 p.m. in the former New Monumental Church building located across from Brown Academy on 8th Street, one block south of McCallie Avenue.

He is not white. He's not even light-skinned. Make no mistake about it, he is black. Daryl Davis, author of the book Klan-Destine Relationships has come in closer contact with members of the Ku Klux Klan than most white non-members and certainly most blacks. And the relationship continues, making Davis one of the most unique lecturers on the college speaking circuit today.

Over the last ten years, Daryl Davis has walked on the edge with one foot dangling over the precipice. His stories of setting up surprise meetings with Klan leaders unaware of his skin color and attending KKK rallies has the suspense of a Hitchcock tale, keeping audiences riveted.

On a quest to do nothing more than explore racism and gather information for his book, Klan-Destine Relationships, Davis eventually became the recipient of robes and hoods by Klan members who came to him to rescind their beliefs. Davis had inadvertently stumbled upon a successful method of forming friendships between sworn enemies. His methods have made him the center of controversy. In some white circles he has been deemed "politically incorrect" and in some black circles he been called "Uncle Tom." Daryl Davis often makes supporters out of his detractors by proving his methods work and issuing this challenge: "I have Klan robes and hoods hanging in my closet, given to me voluntarily by members who have quit the Klan since coming to know me. That's what I've done to improve race relations. How many robes and hoods have you received as a result of your methods?"

Davis has earned his Bachelor of Music Degree from Howard University. An accomplished blues and R&B musician, he performs regularly with his own Daryl Davis Band. He has toured extensively with Muddy Water's Legendary Blues Band and Chuck Berry, among others.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 19th, 2004, 7:43 pm

According to the KKK: This is even more interesting!

So, you don't believe there ever were Negro (Black, Colored, Afro-American - what ever they want to be called these days) members of the Ku Klux Klan??? Well read on!

One of the last things today's biased media wants anyone to know is that there were Negro members of the Ku Klux Klan. No one has ever written a book about them to my knowledge though such a book would be of great historical interest. In fact, very little documentation has survived. What little does survive speaks volumes and proves that Americans do not know their own history. Here I will simply give my sources of information and quote from them. If anyone has further documentation about the Black membership of the KKK I'd be grateful to be referred to it. Should I come across more documentation I will list it here.

My first source of Negro Klan membership is the book, "The Ku Klux Spirit", by J.A. Rogers, noted Negro historian of the 1920's. The Ku Klux Spirit was first published in 1923, by Messenger Publishing Co. It was republished in 1980, by Black Classic Press. On page 34 of his book we find the amazing passage: "A fact not generally known is that there were thousands of Negro Klansmen. These were used as spies on other Negroes and on Northern Whites."

Very interesting. In the 1920's, there were plenty of original Klansmen still living as well as many other people of both races who lived during the Reconstruction Era. J.A. Rogers would have been able to interview many. Why would a Black historian make such a thing up? And if he did make it up there would have been plenty of people who would have objected. His book would not have survived to this day. Yet, it did.

My second source is a book written by a Carpetbagger, Albion Winegar Tourgee (1838-1905). In 1880 he published his book, "A Fool's Errand", (New York: Fords, Howard and Hubert). It was republished in 1989 by Louisiana State University Press as, "The Invisible Empire". On page 79 of his book we find the passage: "There were no Colored men in the band (of Klansmen) that night. Their hands were not covered. I could see their boots and pants, and I could judge from their hands and feet. Most of them were genteel people, besides being white people. I could also have told by their language if there had been any Colored people among them. Their language was that of white men, and cultivated men."

OK, why claim that no Colored men were riding with the Klan that night unless the witness had seen Colored men with the Klan on another occasion? The men were in their robes since the witness had to look at their uncovered hands to see that no Colored men were among them. If he's not telling the truth, why would a Carpetbagger, of all people, ever make such a thing up?

My third source is, "Ku Klux Klan, It's Origins, Growth, and Disbandment", by J.C. Lester (one of the six original founders of the first Ku Klux Klan) and D.L. Wilson (another early Klansman). The book was first published in 1884. (I have an original copy). Reprints of this book are available from us for $7.00. The book was re-printed in 1905. In that edition, Walter L. Fleming, Ph.D., added an introduction. Again in 1905, there were still plenty of original Klansmen and others who had lived during the Reconstruction Era. In the introduction we find Fleming's statement: "Many of the genuine Unionists later joined in the movement (the KKK), and there were some few Negro members, I have been told."

Now here we are told that there were "some few Negro members". Above we were told that there "were thousands of Negro Klansmen." But that is relative. When one considers that the original KKK had over 400,000 members "some few Negro members" could have totaled several thousand!

My fourth source is an more modern book, "Nathan Bedford Forrest: A Biography", by Jack Hurst. On page 305 we find this interesting quote: "...(the Klan was) reorganized to oppose radical proponents (the Radical Republicans) of what it perceived to be Black domination, NOT to scourge Blacks themselves. Although it has been written that Ku Klux Klan ranks were open only to the more than 100,000 honorably discharged ex-Confederate veterans, the hierarchy in some areas and some instances seems to have accepted and even recruited Blacks, provided they went along with Conservative-Democratic political philosophy. In Memphis of late 1868, sixty-five Blacks organized a "Colored Democratic Club" under the watchful eye of Klansman-editor Gallaway - - who according to an account in the Appeal, "made a motion on behalf of the White men present, that they give employment and protection to Colored democrats."

So, the Klan not only accepted and recruited Blacks in some areas, but a Klan leader made a motion that White men give employment and protection to Colored democrats. That in itself speaks volumes. Yes, volumes of ignored facts of Klan, Negro, and American history.

That is all I have for documentation that there were Negro members of the original Ku Klux Klan. But, that in itself, is enough to prove their existence! The only thing to do now is to discover more documentation of what may very well be the least known chapter in Black American history. I said before that Americans do not know their own history. In time I will add this to my web page, but how many of you know that there were millions of White slaves (not bonded servants, but true slaves for life) in this country? That there were free Negroes who owned slaves? That there were free Negroes who fought gallantly for the Confederate States? That the Confederate Army did not discriminate against, or pay unequally, its Negro soldiers? This and more, in time will be added. But for now, back to the Klan.

When the Klan was revived in 1915 it was originally just for Protestant White men. In time the Klan added the Women of the Ku Klux Klan, teenager and children's groups, groups for the foreign born and Colored men.

Concerning the Colored Klansmen of the 20th century my first source is, "Women of the Klan, Racism and Gender in the 1920's", by Kathleen M. Blee. (1991, University of California Press). On page 169, we find the passage, " Even more strangely, the Klan tried to organize an order of Black Protestants, a Klan "Colored division" in Indiana and other states. Despite promises that the new order would have "all the rights of membership" of the White Klan, much preparation went into ensuring that the values of white supremacy would be preserved as the Klan expanded its racial base. The group was to wear red robes, white capes, and blue masks and was prohibited from being seen in public with White Klansmen or handling any membership funds."

Well, if any of you ever find such a red, white, and blue robe in an antique shop or old trunk somewhere it would be as significant an historical find as discovering an original Klan robe. Likewise with any photos of the Colored Klansmen, newspapers articles, or anything else pertaining to them. Let me know if you do. (I think I'll make a couple reproductions of their robes for display.) It is presently unknown just how far the Colored Man's Klan went or how long they lasted. When the men's Klan had to disband in 1944, the separate Women of the Ku Klux Klan organization did not. They changed their name to the Women's Christian Patriotic Association and continued up to the 1960's. Could this order of Black Protestants have changed its name and still be with us to this day with its origins unknown to historians as well as its own present members?

Now to further add to this my next source of information is from the KKK, itself. In their book, "K.K.K. Friend or Foe: Which?", by attorney Blaine Mast and published in 1924 a chapter is dedicated to discussing the KKK and its relationship to the Black population. In this chapter we see the passage:

"The KKK claims that there is no good reason why the Colored people may not form a Ku Klux Klan of their own, and, as far as the writer knows, such an institution may exist in America. Indeed, we were credibly informed that some months ago a Klan gathering took place in an adjoining state, which was attended by some 20 colored men, for a general invitation had been extended. Those Negroes were so favorably impressed with what a distinguished speaker said, and with the general character and demeanor of the meeting, that they approached the speaker and others in authority and inquired if it were not possible for the Colored people to form a Klan of their own race. If they could get permission to organize they were anxious to do so and hoped for assistance from the officers of the KKK. So, in this particular instance, at least, some Colored men had no fear in associating with Klansmen."

The chapter then went on to outline the ground work for such a Black Klan. It is of interest that in the same book, another chapter is dedicated to discussing the possible formation of a Jewish branch of the Ku Klux Klan.

FACT OR KLAN B.S. YOU BE THE JUDGE

Unread post by Guest » April 21st, 2004, 3:19 am

pure BULL$HIT !! Come on people !!

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 21st, 2004, 12:21 pm

When Klu Klux Klan was at its height with 3 million members, marched 40,000 strong on the streets of Washington DC and all but brought the 1924 Democratic national convention to a halt. It's feasible CM is right about those early times. Sounds crazy though don't it?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » April 21st, 2004, 2:46 pm

Shouldn't this be discussed amongst black people first, before it's presented to "others"? I don't like the fact that people come on here and demonize or vilify a race, in a supposed fact-finding mission. This forum is about Streetgangs, not racist groups like the KKK.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 21st, 2004, 3:33 pm

Err.. I don't know. I almost deleted the thread when it first started but other people began posting and I started wondering about it. I don't know Big Dusty. You may be right.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » April 21st, 2004, 3:54 pm

I think it's OKto have here. We talk about the mafia, and "surfer gangs". Why not. They are a criminal organization, same as the rest. Just with different priorities.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » April 25th, 2004, 11:28 am

know this thread is dead but I just wanted to add.
I am from Mississippi. I live in L.A. now.

As far as the Klan. I never knew any Klan members, neither did my family. You see, The klan is underground. No one likes them, they don't like anyone. Most Southern white people look down on the Klan.
(They are nothing but poor white trash)
I read somewhere that the Northwest has more Klan activity then the South nowdays.

And yes there were Black confederates. I was a history major in college and most of my focus was on the Old South. There were blacks that joined the ranks of the Confederacy. True southerners take note of this and are very proud of that fact. There have been several books written on the subject.

In fact Nathan B. Forest had 40 elite black soldiers in his regiment. He was the founder of the Klan. There is debate on whether he was racist or not. From my research He did start the Klan to protect the Southerners(all southerners) from Carpetbaggers and Yankees trying to take advantage of the South. He dropped out of the Klan when it became racially motivated.
There is a story where he went to a house were a Black man was badly beating his own wife. He told the man if he ever touched his wife again he would be killed. That's a stand up man.

But I wanted to set the record straight. As a Southerner I am proud of my history. I am proud to know that my Southern Black brothers faught for the confederacy. That gives me great pride.
I am not proud of slavery. IT was a bad thing that should never had happened. Contrary to popular belief. Most slave owners treated their slaves as family. and did not beat them. But nevertheless SLavery was bad and there was no excuse.

We just have to move on. And the South is. I grew up, went to school and hung out with blacks. It is not as everyone thinks.
Now in L.A. I gravitate to the Blacks that I meet. Because I grew up with Blacks. Funny How that works.

shadoworder
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shadoworder » May 22nd, 2004, 12:23 am

dont know about the klan,but like 8 years ago on the jenny jones show,she had as a guest,a black nazi skinhead.

MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831 » May 26th, 2004, 12:26 pm

indyjrt wrote:Only time I saw it was on the Chapelle show, remember when Chappelle was the black blind KKK member............
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LMMFAO!!!
THAT S*** WAS HILARIOUS!!!
DAVE CHAPPELLE AND GEORGE LOPEZ ARE the TRUTH!!!

MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831 » May 26th, 2004, 12:28 pm

Panik wrote:I seen on one of them TV talk shows a guy that was half black and hated blacks. Said that he was a follower of the nazi's and hated mis mother for being with a black man. Confused.
A CHICK, A FRIEND OF MINE HERE, IS HALF BLACK HALF WHITE AND SAYS THAT HER MOM, WHO'S WHITE, IS ALL INTO the KKK IN the SOUTH. I HELLA CRACKED UP. I'M LIKE "HELL YEAH, WHAT A SLAP IN the FACE, FOR REAL!!!"

MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831 » May 26th, 2004, 12:31 pm

MEXICAN_RAZA_PRIDE831 wrote:
Panik wrote:I seen on one of them TV talk shows a guy that was half black and hated blacks. Said that he was a follower of the nazi's and hated mis mother for being with a black man. Confused.
A CHICK, A FRIEND OF MINE HERE, IS HALF BLACK HALF WHITE AND SAYS THAT HER MOM, WHO'S WHITE, IS ALL INTO the KKK IN the SOUTH. I HELLA CRACKED UP. I'M LIKE "HELL YEAH, WHAT A SLAP IN the FACE, FOR REAL!!!"
MY BAD, I MEANT HER MOM'S FAMILY...

DiaBo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DiaBo » January 22nd, 2005, 9:59 am

You mean that the blacks started the klan and the white people copied damn my friend told me that the black kkk use to terriozed there own black neigborhoods is this true?

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » January 24th, 2005, 1:07 pm

YEAH I KNOW ONE CLAYTON BIGSBY THE BLACK WHITE SUPREMIST LOL

WHAT A DUMB THREAD IF THERE ARE AND WERE WHICH I DOUBT THEY ARE AND WERE SLAVES TO THEM DOING EVERY THING THEY TOLD THEM.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 24th, 2005, 3:16 pm

The top Attorney for the KKK is a black man. Pursuasion reasons. Smart move. Wicked intentions indeed.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » January 24th, 2005, 5:17 pm

I am no expert on the Klan outside of basic history books but I will share that what I heard from some Black friends is that early on and I'm sure some of the Black men here who are scholarly on this issue could clarify that the divide and conquer of the "house" "field" if you will (not words I would choose to use) did in fact play a part in the way some of you have suggested.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 24th, 2005, 11:36 pm

BlaKK wrote:The top Attorney for the KKK is a black man. Pursuasion reasons. Smart move. Wicked intentions indeed.
Is that true Blakk? Damn......... that is a wicked/slick move.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » January 24th, 2005, 11:38 pm

I know he's a lawyer and all, but even he should have more dignity than that.

none for you
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by none for you » January 19th, 2006, 2:01 am

yeeah, right!! ...like indyjrt says....

indyjrt wrote:Only time I saw it was on the Chapelle show, remember when Chappelle was the black blind KKK member............

caineIsignz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caineIsignz » January 26th, 2006, 8:15 pm

LOL that was halarious :lol:

StoneGreaser
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: near Chicago

Unread post by StoneGreaser » February 29th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Str8-up, I kno an Indian dude, he came to America to run a slurpymart or whatever, heard all about th eKlan so he joined up mailorder, was into it about a year, they're tellin him he's actually an Aryan and all this, first time he goes to a meeting in person they flip out, tell him hes gotta give up his sheet an like that.

Boy is blacker'n most brothers I kno.

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » March 2nd, 2008, 9:15 pm

haha, this thread is straight from the chapelle show. tyrone bigspee the black white supremacist lol

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » March 2nd, 2008, 10:49 pm

StoneGreaser wrote:Str8-up, I kno an Indian dude, he came to America to run a slurpymart or whatever, heard all about th eKlan so he joined up mailorder, was into it about a year, they're tellin him he's actually an Aryan and all this, first time he goes to a meeting in person they flip out, tell him hes gotta give up his sheet an like that.

Boy is blacker'n most brothers I kno.
Hilarious.. lmao