Young buck goes off on oprah

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Young buck goes off on oprah

Unread post by Qdawg » June 1st, 2007, 10:26 pm

Young Buck Goes Off On Oprah

Recently G-Unit's Southern general Young Buck came through to spit fire for the debut of AOL Music's 16 Bars. As you'll see in the video, he came prepared -- but so were we. It was only a day after Oprah Winfrey's (who is also from Tennessee, Buck's hometown) now legendary hip-hop round table with Russel Simmons, Kevin Liles, Ben Chavis and Common vs. Stanley Crouch, Jason Whitlock, et al. So After Buck was finished with his verse, I asked him what he thought about the big O and the allegations that his G-Unit partner Tony Yayo got physical with Jimmy "Henchman" Rosemond's 14-year-old son. Lets just say that after a few minutes I believed that he was ready to 'Buck the World.'

Technorati Profile
How do you feel about the current movement to censor hip hop?

"I just think that at the end of the day it can't be no individual that voices about any artists' things that they say in their music because they haven't walked in our pair of shoes of any of these individual artists. You can't control a thing as big as hip hop and try to make it the way that you want it or the way that any individual may want it. You gotta allow hip hop to take its course, good and bad. That's the nature of hip hop. You gotta let it be.

I think when you start putting people in pocket that are pretty much going against the negativity of it, or the harsh words out of it, things of that nature, you're taking the game to a whole 'nother level. So it's nothing wrong with them getting together, as long as they're coming up with tactics to stop bootlegging or something like that. Don't come together to migrate on trying to censorship these artists or nothing like that, or protest a certain crew, or anything like that. Come together because we dealing with situations in hip hop that's affecting the game financially more than us having to think about censoring somebody. You think censoring is going to help the financial aspect of hip hop? No, it's gonna take more from it.

So, at the end of the day I think it's just about people not allowing some of these people that have nothing to do with the hip hop world getting in and putting the influence on them to change the strategy that they followed for so many years. Anything that works, eventually it comes a time when the road gets bumpy. But if you ain't strong enough to hold onto the horse when that m---r is going over a rocky road, then you shouldn't be going over that m---r in the first place....

Can't nobody give criticism to no artists, or nobody that you ain't never put their shoes on. How can you tell this man that's speaking on what's going on in the projects that he can't say that when you ain't never experienced a day in living in them m----r -- including Oprah Winfrey! Oprah Winfrey is from my city, she graduated with my mother. She's always been a black white woman, all her life. I see her father everyday on Cleveland Street, at a barbershop. Her father owns a barbershop. She graduated with my mother from TSU, from Tennessee State University. Her character is known throughout my city, throughout the older people; they already know what type of situation it is.

I have no respect for Oprah Winfrey because she has no respect for the hip hop world, good or bad. Because there's plenty other artists that don't even push a negative line that don't even sat on her show. And they've probably surpassed some of the people she's sitting down. I mean, she'll have a child rapist and all kind of people like that sitting in front of the show, but she couldn't have a person, successful from the ghetto standing there and ask him questions. But she'll have a child rapist and ask him why did you do this to this child, and things of that nature.

Like I said, her father is from my city, he still has the hood thing. His barbershop is right on Cleveland Street in the middle of the ghetto. But as far as Oprah Winfrey, there's never been a respect throughout Tennessee for her, not from the ghetto perspective. 'Cause like I said, her father's there, but she's never even played a part in our city."

Tell me the truth Buck, did Yayo put his hands on Jimmy Henchman's son?

I could tell you 135% that it's not true, as far as Yayo's involvement in the situation with him putting his hands on Jimmy Henchman's son. He didn't do that. I know that for a fact. Now, me speaking in general, I would say that any man that put his hands on a child is not right. I'm not saying that to say that my homeboy Yayo is guilty, by any fashion. And I know for a fact that he didn't do it, but I think we know that natural rule as men, the way that goes. And outside of that, s-t happens. But sometimes there be so much tension surrounding a crew like G-Unit, that when something like that happens we automatically did it.

http://blackvoices.aol.com/blogs/2007/0 ... -on-oprah/

cashville
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cashville » April 3rd, 2008, 6:30 pm

oprah stopped being black years ago

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » April 27th, 2008, 8:21 pm

oprah in my opinion is a good person and does good things for people with her shit load of money but when it comes to the hiphop industry shes off wak like a mutha fucka

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 28th, 2008, 10:43 pm

FUCK OPRAH

SEKRET
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SEKRET » May 19th, 2008, 9:07 pm

i find it halarious that all these b-tch ass cry baby f-ck azz rappers are all over oprahs back just kuz she dont want a bunch of f-cking rappers on her show. SO F-CKING WHAT!. and do yall think these people give 2 shits about the financial aspect of hiphop and saving it? lol what a bunch of f-cking p-ssies. these rappers need to realize that nobody has to f-cking like them and everybody is not going to f-cking like them. they makin all that god damn money but wona bitch about oprah and say she aint black kuz she dont have rappers on her show every f-cking day.

rappers walkin around cryin like p-ssy peasant fagget f-ckin bitches

"boo oprah aint black she didnt want me on her show and didnt let me perfrom my song boo hoo hoo im a f-cking weak b-tch and she hurt my gangster feelings"

f-ck young f-ck and every other rapper b-tchen about this extra petty BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 19th, 2008, 9:34 pm

I HEARD OPRAH KOMING BACK with A DISS TRACK

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » May 19th, 2008, 10:00 pm

:lol:

SEKRET
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SEKRET » May 20th, 2008, 6:50 pm

fuck a diss track she need to make a diss video

she needs a suit case of money and she need to open it and say " to all you bitch ass hatin ass cry baby f-ck suck duck azz n-ggas out ther GET YOUR WEIGHT UP B-TCH!" and she should pop her collar lol

atm//TONE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Orange COUNTY

Unread post by atm//TONE » May 20th, 2008, 7:16 pm

i bet oprah head game is off the rip

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 21st, 2008, 8:50 pm

OPRAH A DAMN BILLIONAIRE..

atm//TONE