83% - Approve Interracial Dating

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

83% - Approve Interracial Dating

Unread post by Anesis » June 4th, 2007, 12:54 pm

More than eight-in-ten Americans (83%) now agree that "it’s all right for blacks and whites to date," reflecting the most dramatic change among the racial attitudes tested in Pew polls--as recently as 1987, the public was divided virtually down the middle on the issue, with 48% approving of blacks and whites dating and 46% disapproving. Age is an important factor in attitudes toward interracial dating. In this regard, Pew surveys since 1987 have documented two complementary trends: Each new generation is more tolerant than the one that precedes it. At the same time, members of each generation have become increasingly tolerant as it ages. Together, these trends help explain the increase in expressions of tolerance toward interracial dating in recent decades. Nearly two-thirds of all Americans born before 1946 (65%) say it is acceptable for whites to date blacks. In contrast, this tolerant view of interracial dating is shared by more than eight-in-ten Baby Boomers (84%) and members of Generation X (87%), who were born between 1965 and 1976. Among younger people there is even broader acceptance of interracial dating: 94% of those born since 1977 say it is all right for blacks and whites to date. There have also been striking changes since the late 1980s in how people of different races view black-white dating. In 1987-88, fewer than half of whites (44%) said that interracial dating was acceptable; that number has nearly doubled (to 81%) in the current survey. Two decades ago, about three-quarters of blacks (74%) felt interracial dating was acceptable. Today, nearly all African Americans (97%) believe that interracial dating is acceptable.

Link to article

(long story - click on link to finish reading it)

The Panch
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by The Panch » June 4th, 2007, 1:06 pm

This article is BS. 97% blacks agree?? Specifically the women?? I think not.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 4th, 2007, 1:31 pm

If you're in mad-love and that's your thing, then I ain't got no problem with it, "but"
cultural preservation wise ~~> I'm against it. 'cause I beleive that that is the way
we lose much of our bonds that tie when you ain't got much to hold on 'cause of
mixed attitudes and points of views that don't fully understand the other half of
the cultura and their ways and reasons for doing things and such, "feel me?"

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » June 4th, 2007, 2:44 pm

The Panch wrote:This article is BS. 97% blacks agree?? Specifically the women?? I think not.
Man black men liek every type of girls, whether they asian, hispanic, black, or white.
I see black men with asian or white girls these days and its normal.

Angryblackman86
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Angryblackman86 » June 4th, 2007, 2:47 pm

Lonewolf wrote:If you're in mad-love and that's your thing, then I ain't got no problem with it, "but"
cultural preservation wise ~~> I'm against it. 'cause I beleive that that is the way
mixed attitudes and points of views that don't fully understand the other half of
I AGREE , gotta keep the culture alive , but at the same time what can u tell someone whos in LOVE!!!

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 4th, 2007, 3:47 pm

Angryblackman86 wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:If you're in mad-love and that's your thing, then I ain't got no problem with it, "but"
I AGREE , gotta keep the culture alive , but at the same time what can u tell someone whos in LOVE!!!
I already said it . . . Go for it!

Even I with all my biased ways push to understand, comprehend and feel what others feel in order to never put down any man nor feel superior to anyone, "ever". And if one can fall in love with another not of the same background or ethnicity, well that's cool with me, I only hope that "both" sides take the time to learn up on their cultures and "keep them alive" . . .
"WITH MUCH RESPECT!"

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 4th, 2007, 10:03 pm

Lonewolf wrote:
Angryblackman86 wrote:
I already said it . . . Go for it!

Even I with all my biased ways push to understand, comprehend and feel what others feel in order to never put down any man nor feel superior to anyone, "ever". And if one can fall in love with another not of the same background or ethnicity, well that's cool with me, I only hope that "both" sides take the time to learn up on their cultures and "keep them alive" . . .
"WITH MUCH RESPECT!"
As for marrying and keeping the culture, as long as she takes my last name and my kids have their Hanja (generation specific Korean names using Chinese characters) stamped in our records in Korea it's all good.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 4th, 2007, 10:07 pm

Now I work at a mall and I can honestly say Ive seen more interracial couples there than Ive ever seen in my entire life....

The Panch
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by The Panch » June 5th, 2007, 2:19 am

Richboy17 wrote:
The Panch wrote:This article is BS. 97% blacks agree?? Specifically the women?? I think not.
Man black men liek every type of girls, whether they asian, hispanic, black, or white.
I see black men with asian or white girls these days and its normal.
I said specifically black women for a reason. Only 1/10 of men only marry out of their race and even less is black women who marry 1/25.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » June 5th, 2007, 3:57 am

I would say that mixing has always been normal to an extent. Its just more common these days, cause its much easier for people from all around the world to reach far places and mix up with the people who live their. Globalization.
E.G. You didnt have Asian communities in London in the middle ages and thats why you wouldnt see people mixing. Nowadays its all different.

But once you get two kinds of different people close to each other they will always mix, its a normal thing. Take Turkey for example. Historically you had all kinds of people there, blonde europeans, darker skinned arabs, persians etc.
Today you got blonde turks, dark turks and everything in between cause all of those people mixed over the centuries. Same goes for northern africa. From white skinned european looking people to dark skinned africans you have everything there.
There are many more examples for that.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 5th, 2007, 4:23 am

Interracial dating has it's phases. It's like a job opening window that lasts about 6 months or so. And, it's usually kicked off by celebrities. Bennifer. All White guys that like Latin women, here's your chance. ....oops, Bennifer broke up. JLo's dating Marc Anthony, window closed. Next opening, probably around 2012.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » June 5th, 2007, 10:07 am

I dont think people have a big problem with interracial dating, because people will think that person is just experimenting with other races and etc. BUT i think its MARRIAGE that is a problem, its no more goin out for just a dinner , but two differnt races, with different cultures and way of thinking with a plan to live together for ever. From what i seen, alwayz one of the couple or both loose their culture. is that a good thing? i dont know

thats just my opinion.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » June 5th, 2007, 11:56 am

Black and White huh...

WTF about the rest of the population?! I mean geesh, there ARE Latinos, South East Asians, SOuth Asians (Indians), Natives, East Asians, etc etc.

Way to exclude the world America!!!

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 5th, 2007, 1:25 pm

Guamanian women are beautiful. I worked with this Guamanian girl. All her sisters came in once and I about passed out. I couldn't handle looking at that many fine girls at once. Not only did they all have nice bodies. pretty faces, long black hair and beautiful brown skin, but they were all smiles and extremely nice. So, I'm all for Whites and Guamanians dating. In fact, if Bush seizes the White House and declared war on everybody, Guam is where I'm going to hide. Screw Canada.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 5th, 2007, 1:32 pm

What else am I supposed to say? How's a white person going to look saying, "I think people should probably marry their own race to preserve their culture." Most of you can say that and it sounds humble. I say it and it sounds like I'm on some KKK s't. And, that's exactly why I don't believe in it. Period. Preserving culture? Let culture preserve itself. If your culture has any kind of spiritual quality to it, it's going to be there forever, for people to partake in it if they wish. I'm sure somewhere people are still wearing those George Washington whigs. The elks, or whatever. They used to ride in those little cars during parades. If that culture can stand the test of time, so can Chicano Pride and Black Power. They're here to stay, no matter how many Beyonces decide to hook up with a Toby McGuire. And, in most cases these days when you have a white person dating a minority, it's usually the white person taking in the minority culture, not vice versa. Especially whites that date Blacks or Latinos.

At the end of the day, let the women decide. I trust them more with this whole thing than I do men.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 5th, 2007, 2:54 pm

StillNoScript wrote:And, in most cases these days when you have a white person dating a minority, it's usually the white person taking in the minority culture, not vice versa. Especially whites that date Blacks or Latinos.
True

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » June 6th, 2007, 2:19 am

im all for it

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » June 6th, 2007, 7:16 am

Yup, all for it....we gotta realise that culture is NEVER STATIC. Culture is always CHANGING, MORPHING AND EVOLVING....ONE THING BECOMES ANOTHER......IMPLODES. EXPLODES, CHANGES OVER TIME.....so, though history is very important, as is identity, it looks as if the future itself remains unwritten....and that the future is mixed ethnicity....the future is homo sapiens a beautiful brown and with a healthy world-wide disiese fightin' fabulous intelligent fucccin gene pool like never before he he - AND A NEW CULTURE OF HUMAN........fucccc' race and racism, the future's an amalgam

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » June 6th, 2007, 12:20 pm

yes sir

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 6th, 2007, 1:09 pm

George wrote:Black and White huh...

WTF about the rest of the population?! I mean geesh, there ARE Latinos, South East Asians, SOuth Asians (Indians), Natives, East Asians, etc etc.

Way to exclude the world America!!!
lol no one else ever notices that

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » June 6th, 2007, 1:17 pm

You see white males out here with latino and asian women.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 15th, 2007, 9:29 am

Score one for the bad guy! Yee Haw! LOL

PolarAC
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by PolarAC » June 15th, 2007, 5:42 pm

WTF!! ^^^

Kidding

She's biracial her self

If you live in places like the U.S., Britain, or Brazil, there is going be some mixing going on. Shit been happening for centuries.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 15th, 2007, 6:10 pm

A Ghost wrote:Score one for the bad guy! Yee Haw! LOL

whos that big headed fool?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 16th, 2007, 11:02 am

perongregory wrote:

whos that big headed fool?
Dont know but from the looks of it he must be her boyfriend

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 16th, 2007, 9:47 pm

he looks like a hitman

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Anesis » June 16th, 2007, 10:37 pm

I went to a wedding last night and made the realization that just because you approve of interracial dating doesn't mean you'd participate in it.

Do you think your sex makes a difference in your opinion in interracial dating/marriage?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 17th, 2007, 11:49 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:

he looks like a hitman
LOL!!

I heard he was the guy that designed her dress and that he's gay, and they were just going as friends, I heard her fiance is black.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 17th, 2007, 11:49 am

PS I heard it here www.cutiecentral.com

Im not a stalker :lol:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 17th, 2007, 8:18 pm

I am 100% against interracial sexual relationships. It's an inhuman, offensive, disgusting offense against God, nature, and humanity. I mean, what if they get some kind of half-breed kid? Completely unthinkable and horrific

DEFINITION OF "RACE""
In biology, a race is any inbreeding group, including taxonomic subgroups such as subspecies, taxonomically subordinate to a species and superordinate to a subrace and marked by a pre-determined profile of latent factors of hereditary traits.

Scientific classification
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo
Species: Homo sapiens
Subspecies: Homo sapiens sapiens

Trinomial name
Homo sapiens sapiens
Linnaeus, 1758

I'm not into Neanderthal women...

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 17th, 2007, 8:20 pm

LOL I already see someone not completely reading my last post and calling me prejudiced
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and they'll probably skip over this post too!

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 17th, 2007, 10:46 pm

MiChuhSuh I am shocked at your statements!

He really does look like Hitman! :shock:

lol J/K