The Wire

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

The Wire

Unread post by BendyThumbs » December 2nd, 2004, 11:33 am

Anyone here been watching The Wire this season? Only two episodes left, what do you think is going to happen?

I think Omar will get it somehow, but i am thinking he will take someone with him. Also i am thinking Stringer is going to rat on Prop Joe.

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: The Wire

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » December 19th, 2004, 8:50 pm

BendyThumbs wrote:Anyone here been watching The Wire this season? Only two episodes left, what do you think is going to happen?

I think Omar will get it somehow, but i am thinking he will take someone with him. Also i am thinking Stringer is going to rat on Prop Joe.
THE BEST TV HAS EVER SEEN.(THE WIRE)

BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BendyThumbs » December 20th, 2004, 10:07 am

I really is the realest show or movie i have ever seen that is related to the drug dealing/policing. I hope it gets picked up for next season, hands down the best show on television.

Sh3LLz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sh3LLz » December 20th, 2004, 10:50 am

i still aint seen it :-(

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » December 20th, 2004, 1:52 pm

BendyThumbs wrote:I really is the realest show or movie i have ever seen that is related to the drug dealing/policing. I hope it gets picked up for next season, hands down the best show on television.

I AGREE. I WAS SO PISSED THAT AVON BARKSDALE GOT POPPED AT THE END. I DIDNT FEEL SORRY FOR STRINGER BELL. HE CROSSED TOO MANY PEOPLE AND EVEN SNITCHED BARKSDALE OUT. LIKE BARKSDALE TOLD HIM WHEN THE POLITICIANS RIPPED HIM FOR A QUARTER MIL AND HE WANTED TO HAVE THE MAN WACKED. "I SEEN THIS SHIT COMIN A MILE AWAY, YOU AINT GANGSTA ENOUGH FOR THIS (DOPE GANG) AND YOU AINT SMART ENOUGH FOR THEM (POLITICIANS)

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » December 20th, 2004, 3:51 pm

FoEvaFlamin wrote:
BendyThumbs wrote:I really is the realest show or movie i have ever seen that is related to the drug dealing/policing. I hope it gets picked up for next season, hands down the best show on television.

I AGREE. I WAS SO PISSED THAT AVON BARKSDALE GOT POPPED AT THE END. I DIDNT FEEL SORRY FOR STRINGER BELL. HE CROSSED TOO MANY PEOPLE AND EVEN SNITCHED BARKSDALE OUT. LIKE BARKSDALE TOLD HIM WHEN THE POLITICIANS RIPPED HIM FOR A QUARTER MIL AND HE WANTED TO HAVE THE MAN WACKED. "I SEEN THIS SHIT COMIN A MILE AWAY, YOU AINT GANGSTA ENOUGH FOR THIS (DOPE GANG) AND YOU AINT SMART ENOUGH FOR THEM (POLITICIANS)
and marlo in the court room.......damm that was gangsta

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » December 20th, 2004, 3:55 pm

Pumpkin2 wrote:
FoEvaFlamin wrote:

and marlo in the court room.......damm that was gangsta
HELL YEA. I THINK AVON REALLY RESPEcTED MARLO THOUGH. THAT YOUNG NIGGA WAS RUTHLESS.....AVON HAD LOST TOO MUcH MUScLE AND HIS TEAM HAD NO cOMMON SENSE. WHO the HELL WOULD JUST DEcIDE TO BUY BURNERS FROM A cRACKHEAD. NIGGA DIDNT EVEN HAVE HIS WOMAN IN cHEcK. SHE RAN HIS ASS.

BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BendyThumbs » December 20th, 2004, 6:48 pm

Yeah agree about the burners. I felt bad for Avon at the end, muscle wise all he had was Slim. I remember in the first season he had Wee-Bey(that guy was the shit), Stinkum, Bird etc. Now that was a crew. I hope it gets renewed for next season, but that show looked like a series finale and not a season finale.

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » December 21st, 2004, 6:50 pm

Its a good show on how East Coast niggas run the drug game. Tracfones are 1980s technology. If feel that there could be more action scenes, but it doesnt mess nothin up too much.

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » December 22nd, 2004, 9:48 am

cbi562 wrote:Its a good show on how East Coast niggas run the drug game. Tracfones are 1980s technology. If feel that there could be more action scenes, but it doesnt mess nothin up too much.
I know it dont have shit on the wire.

Word.
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Word. » January 18th, 2005, 5:37 pm

I don't konw about them having another season the last episode left alotta questions answered and whats gonna become of those people. They also left room for new game.

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » February 2nd, 2005, 11:48 pm

any one know when it is scheduled to be on?

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » December 1st, 2006, 1:40 pm

[quote="FoEvaFlamin"][quote="BendyThumbs"]I really is the realest show or movie i have ever seen that is related to the drug dealing/policing. I hope it gets picked up for next season, hands down the best show on television.[/quote]

I AGREE. I WAS SO PISSED THAT AVON BARKSDALE GOT POPPED AT THE END. I DIDNT FEEL SORRY FOR STRINGER BELL. HE CROSSED TOO MANY PEOPLE AND EVEN SNITCHED BARKSDALE OUT. LIKE BARKSDALE TOLD HIM WHEN THE POLITICIANS RIPPED HIM FOR A QUARTER MIL AND HE WANTED TO HAVE THE MAN WACKED. "I SEEN THIS SHIT COMIN A MILE AWAY, YOU AINT GANGSTA ENOUGH FOR THIS (DOPE GANG) AND YOU AINT SMART ENOUGH FOR THEM (POLITICIANS)[/quote]

i didnt feel sorry for stringer bell either...a true snake

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » December 1st, 2006, 1:43 pm

yeah the wire is the shit i dont miss it

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » December 6th, 2006, 11:44 am

anyone seen the last episode for this season? for those who havent, i wont spoil it..but it was pretty good..few suprises in the last episode

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » December 6th, 2006, 12:15 pm

please dont caues us common folk it dont air untill this comming sunday

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » December 10th, 2006, 8:56 pm

dam they killed the homeboy bo-dee

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » December 10th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Qdawg wrote:dam they killed the homeboy bo-dee
yeah damn that was the tightest nigga on there.

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » December 11th, 2006, 2:29 pm

That shit pissed me off!! If his homie hadn't ran like a lil' bitch, Mike wouldn't have been able to get the drop on 'em!!!

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » December 11th, 2006, 10:14 pm

[quote="Aquafresh"][quote="Qdawg"]dam they killed the homeboy bo-dee[/quote]

[b][color=darkblue]That shit pissed me off!! If his homie hadn't ran like a lil' bitch, Mike wouldn't have been able to get the drop on 'em!!![/color][/b][/quote]

if they didnt get bo-dee right there they would of got him another day...everybody labeled him being a snitch because he was hanging with micnolte(the cop)...& bo-dee went out like fu*k it yah aint taking my corner haha...its messed up though hes a original wire member i was pissed off they killed him off

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » March 22nd, 2007, 8:19 am

I just heard about this show - a friend said it was deeeep, one of the best dramas he had ever seen period. - and just gave me series one on dvd to start with...will come back when seen

louloutte

Unread post by louloutte » March 24th, 2007, 4:03 am

I wish it aired on french channels.. So mad at that! :(

Poot

Unread post by Poot » April 7th, 2007, 5:58 pm

Aquafresh wrote:
That shit pissed me off!! If his homie hadn't ran like a lil' bitch, Mike wouldn't have been able to get the drop on 'em!!!
Michael didnt kill Bodie.. Spider did. I thought it was mike also but watching it again you'll see it was spider.

truebluecuz25

Unread post by truebluecuz25 » April 10th, 2007, 1:33 pm

the show was on HBO before BET and they were in Season 4 when it came to BET so there is atleast 3 more seasons for yall ta watch

Young_Wise

Unread post by Young_Wise » April 27th, 2007, 1:09 am

It wasnt spider neither, spider aint even down Marlo and them. They showed spider working for that politican passing out fliers and talking to and shit, talking to randy before cutty came thru and wanted to holla at em. Spider works out at cuttys boxing ring but wasnt showing up no more because cutty smashed his momma. Mike wasnt the one that clapped bodie neither because marlo has this rule that the first person you kill cant be a person you know. The person that shot bodie was marlo's homeboy. They only show him every now and then but he that real tall dude that rock the bald fade and earrings. Alot of times you'll see him rocking a wave cap. He was the dude that bailed chris and snoop out of jail and seen bodie jumping in the car with that white cat.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » April 27th, 2007, 7:35 pm

Young_Wise wrote:It wasnt spider neither, spider aint even down Marlo and them. They showed spider working for that politican passing out fliers and talking to and shit, talking to randy before cutty came thru and wanted to holla at em. Spider works out at cuttys boxing ring but wasnt showing up no more because cutty smashed his momma. Mike wasnt the one that clapped bodie neither because marlo has this rule that the first person you kill cant be a person you know. The person that shot bodie was marlo's homeboy. They only show him every now and then but he that real tall dude that rock the bald fade and earrings. Alot of times you'll see him rocking a wave cap. He was the dude that bailed chris and snoop out of jail and seen bodie jumping in the car with that white cat.
Yeah it dont matter who shot Bodie it was Marlo who put the hit.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » June 19th, 2007, 3:58 am

Just almost finished watching series one....very impressive, very good, got me 100% hooked! Good characters, great story, great cast, everything. And hell, the guy Omar, that man was something else, I thought 'what!' but ended up thinking he was a real fucccin' cool hombre, mans was on some Robin Hood trip, like a street fuccin ninja - like when he popped Stinkum and almost popped weebay, coming at them from nowhere.....best show I've seen since Deadwood...

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 21st, 2007, 8:50 am

boodiie shudnt have got murked..he was there since episode 1 or season 1, they shuda murked poo(bold guy dark skin his boi) or somthin.....boodie was the only nigga that bust back

it wasnt micheal coz the first time micheal murk someone u c his face n he gets really nervous n all that in the car