things about hip hop they didnt want you to know

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

things about hip hop they didnt want you to know

Unread post by perongregory » July 18th, 2007, 5:07 pm

Little Known Facts About Hip-Hop

LL Cool J and Kool Moe Dee came to blows one night backstage.
-Freddie Foxxx put a gun in Benzino’s mouth on the Flavor Unit tour bus, because Benzino would not stop talking **** about what a thug he was

-2pac was robbed and shot by some of Supreme’s boys.

-”I got a story to tell” was vaguelly based on a real life incident Biggie had when he was slipping pipe to John Starks’ woman.

-Paul C was murdered by his wife and his brother.

-Showbiz has almost been sent upstate for attempted murder twice.

-Eric. B beat down Large Professor and ran Kool G. Rap out of New York to Arizona after ‘G. Rap revealed Large Pro produced most of the beats Eric B was supposed to have done on the Eric B. & Rakim albums and “wanted dead or alive”.

-Biz Markie produced most of EPMD’s first album.

-Ghostface, Superb and their team beat down and robbed 50 Cent and Tony Yayo after 50’s dis tracks.

-Johnny Juice did all Terminator X’s cuts on the Public Enemy albums.

Kool Keith met Godfather Don outside some industry event that both of them weren’t allowed entry to. They snuck in through a back window and then hung out for the next month or so recording the ‘Don produced tracks on “the 4 horsemen” and, of course, all the classic Cenobites tracks.

-Just Ice was a prime suspect in a murder case.

-Just Ice turned up in Queens on Poet’s block after the two Rockwell Noel & The Poet tracks dissing Krs One, Red Alert and Ms. Melodie with a shotgun and waited for Poet to come out. Needless to say, Poet stayed in the crib that day.

-DJ Ready Red was kicked out of Geto Boys and shafted by J. Prince because of his lack of melanin.

-Alpo, Fritz, the original 50 Cent from Ft Greene and various other notorious hustlers/killers from the legendary Paid In Full Posse were in the crew shots on “paid in full” and “follow the leader”.

-Rakim recorded a dis cut aimed at ‘Kane for “let the rhythm hit ‘em” and had a verse on the title track itself aimed at him. ‘Kane heard about this and called Rakim to squash it and Rakim went on to scrap the track and remove the verse.

-Eric B. did security for Mike Tyson throughout much of the 90’s.

-Diamond D and his old late 80’s group Ultimate Force with Master Rob recorded a full album with Jazzy Jay which has never been heard.

-A young Fat Joe and his boys Tony Montana(R.I.P) and Charlie Rock L.D were one of the top two crack crews in the Bronx in the mid 80’s and bringing in thousands of $$$$ per day.

-Q Tip got fuked up so bad by one of the members of Wrexx N Effect that he lost partial sight in one of his eyes.

-Nas came incredibly close to being on the Large Pro produced Kool G Rap, Xtra P, Freddie Foxxx and Ant posse cut “money in the bank” as he was always hangin’ around Eric B.’s studio but had gone to pick up some weed with a chick so they let the Ant kid on there instead.

- Main Source (sans Large Pro) ran up in the Wild Pitch offices with machetes looking to behead MC Serch (then working as an A&R for the label) after a West Coast promotional tour went sh*ty. MC Serch got wind that they were coming and escaped by crawling over the partial walls for his office and jetting out the back door.

- Grimm was supposed to be on “Live at the Barbecue” but he was arrested on the way to the studio

dj premier stopped workin with jeru the damaja…cuz jeru got pissed when premier was f*ckin his sister…

ghostface said on tony’s money “this what happens when u dont give niggas they f*ckin money” in response to de la soul for not paying him for the track he was on he also jacked their beat

littles jacked alchemist chain at a recording studio

-According to Marley Marl, him and Cormega had already finished a whole album ready for release before Nas was due to release illmatic. It eventually fell through as Mega was sent to jail.

- Das EFX stole their iggedy style from UK hiphop outfit Demon Boyz while on tour with EPMD.

-Fritz(that ni*** back in the day) used to sell bricks to Alpo, AZ, Rich Porter, Boy George, Tony Montana (Fat Joe’s boy) and them. in other words, he supplied the dealers

-reason why curtis jackson took 50 cents name was because the real 50 cent had major beef with supremes team & had em shook during his prime

-Masta Killa was the last member to join Wu

-Biggie did a 9 month bid in North Carolina

-Eric B had Large Professor beaten down on one occasion for Xtra P talking stuff about not getting production credits and because he thought he was gettin’ at him on “snake eyes”.

p Diddy was a back up dancer for Kane & heavy d sometimes

- DMX is the only rapper ever to debut his first 5 albums at number 1.

- Redman got his start from being a local rapper on Yo! MTV Raps.

-R. Kelly had a secret wedding with Aaliyah when she was only 14 years old, but had to get an annolment when her parents found out.

-Big L was murdered as revenge for something his brother did. He was shot 8 times, including in the head, b/c the killer had a beef with his brother, who was in jail at the time.

- Dre named his 2nd cd, Chronic 2001 even though it came out in 99, b/c Suge Knight made a cd named Chronic 2000, a cd full of old Death Row tracks.

- If you listen to Many Men, at the beginning if you count the gun shots, there are only 8 instead of 9.

Trick Daddy was jumped and got his chain snatched at a show in Detroit for dissing Trick Trick a local Detroit rapper cause he thought he stole his name.

Scarface tried to commit suicide when he was younger.

buckshot was picked on in hgh school by the rest of BBC they would play mokey i the middle with his quran

nobody in NWA had a criminal record

B.I.G. had some of his dudes run up in D&D studios and beat down Starang Wondah then had them put the phone to his ear while B.I.G. proceeded to tell him never to f*ck with him again. This was in retaliation for OGC’s first video where they had a fake Biggie get beat down.

Starang admitted it on Heltah Skeltah’s “I Ain’t Havin That”
“like when i was up in D&D i caught 2 or 3 stitches / i was still gettin b*tches at the tunnel takin pictures”

Murder Inc. - A group featuring Jay-Z, DMX, and Ja Rule was supposed to come out when DMX and Ja Rule had a fallout

Triangle Offense- Joe Budden, Fabolous, and Paul Cain, the album would have came out if joe buddens debut album went platinum, but it didnt so the label didnt feel need to further explore the potential of that group.

Styles P. was only dissing rocafella and Jay-Z during the Beans and Jada beef in order to push jadas album kiss the game goodbye, when styels came out of prison he said he wished he could take it all back and do resoviour dogs part 2 with “my niggas at the roc”

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » July 18th, 2007, 5:18 pm

where did u get this from

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » July 18th, 2007, 5:25 pm

but i neva knew this stuff....see wat else u can find

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 18th, 2007, 5:37 pm

lmao eric b dont be playin......

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » July 18th, 2007, 5:52 pm

BUT the THING WITH JA-RULE AND DMX WAS KINDA UNESSESARY,, I KNEW THAT DMX NEVA DID LIKE JA-RULE,,, JA-RULE NEVA SOUNDED LIKE DMX THO.... BUT THATS WAT DMX SAID,,,, BUT I THINK THAT DMX NEVA LIKED JA-RULE FROM the BEGINNING

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » July 18th, 2007, 5:53 pm

-reason why curtis jackson took 50 cents name was because the real 50 cent had major beef with supremes team & had em shook during his prime

WELL YEAH I can B3LIEVE THAT the REAL 50 CENT HAD SUPREME SHOOK BEKAUSE HE HAD ALOT OF PEOPLE SHOOK

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 18th, 2007, 5:55 pm

murder inc. the group was tight, I had some of they shit back then. I was lookin forward to that group.

Trav
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: the Bottom

Unread post by Trav » July 18th, 2007, 6:11 pm

YO-B wrote:-reason why curtis jackson took 50 cents name was because the real 50 cent had major beef with supremes team & had em shook during his prime

WELL YEAH I can B3LIEVE THAT the REAL 50 CENT HAD SUPREME SHOOK BEKAUSE HE HAD ALOT OF PEOPLE SHOOK
\

He didn't have Preme shook that nigga had Pappy Mason on his team that nigga didn't have it all. Ny let em know.

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » July 18th, 2007, 8:24 pm

1. SUPREME HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH PAC GETTING SHOT ALL OF BK KNOW WHO DID IT.
2. 50 AND YAYO NEVA GOT JUMPED OR ROBBED
3. PREME WASNT SHOOK OF THE ORIGINAL 50 CENT BUT HE WAS ON HIS HELLS CUZ OF HIS REP.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » July 18th, 2007, 8:48 pm

I read this awhile back on another forum and a member of the production company for Public Enemy came out and actually posted that some of this was in fact true and some of it was false. He wouldn't go into detail as to what was true and false. I'll do what I can to find the thread.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » July 19th, 2007, 3:15 pm

Dre named his 2nd cd, Chronic 2001 even though it came out in 99, b/c Suge Knight made a cd named Chronic 2000, a cd full of old Death Row tracks.

not true at all....chronic 2000 doesnt have any old death row tracks...maybe the beats but not the tracks they had a new cast....the realest , lil c style, swoop g,etc

there is ALOT of things out tehre bout rappers the world dono i kno alot...i doubt some of those things in that list but most of them is true. like the big L one....pac bein shot 1 i don think so

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » July 19th, 2007, 3:47 pm

lol That shit is bug, Biggie was smashin John Stark's wife.

SEKRET
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SEKRET » July 19th, 2007, 9:27 pm

I READ THIS ALONG TIME AGO TO. ALOT OF UNDERGROUND RAPPERS GET INTO SOME SICK SHIT TO.

BACK IN THE DAY WHEN 3-6 MAFIA OR ANY OF THEY LABLE MATES GET INTO BEEF THEY DIDNT DISS YOU ON TRACK THEY WOULD JUST CATCH YOU AND BEAT YOU DOWN THEY SELF LOL

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » July 20th, 2007, 3:38 am

I read about fritz in f.e.d.s magazine he didn't look like he had so much money

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » July 20th, 2007, 10:13 pm

ungerground rapper be gettin into it alot, shoot outs n shit

Hydro2oo6
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hydro2oo6 » July 21st, 2007, 2:51 am

ghostface n killa sin(good rapper him its just a pity hes in jail more then out) were involved in something with mase that left mase with a broken nose. killa sin raps about it on 1 his songs n there was another incident with 50 cent i think aswell. n i also herd ghost face jacked either capone or nore back in the day

masta killa was on trail for murder at 16 but got off with it due to lack of evidence

^^ theres a few things iv'e heard about

i know this isn't really to do with the topic but did u all kno that rza was actually born blind then got his eye sight a few years later? crazy shit

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » July 21st, 2007, 9:09 am

BG MLOCO wrote:1. SUPREME HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH PAC GETTING SHOT ALL OF BK KNOW WHO DID IT.
2. 50 AND YAYO NEVA GOT JUMPED OR ROBBED
3. PREME WASNT SHOOK OF THE ORIGINAL 50 CENT BUT HE WAS ON HIS HELLS because OF HIS REP.
THATS MY ERA ,

THATS TRUE PAC , WAS NOT ROBBED AND SHOT BY PREME TEAM ,

PREME AND HIS TEAM WAS NOT SHOOK BY THE THE REAL 50 CENT .....

SHOWBIZ WAS A REAL NIGGA ...TRUE , FAT JOE USE TO SWEAT AND COPY DUDES LIKE BIZ , THAT WAS THEY ROLE MODELS .....SHOW BIZ & HIS PEOPLES WOULD PUT FEAR IN THEM.

AND FATJOE WAS NON EXISTENT IN THE 80'S NOBODY KNEW OR EVEN HEARD OF HIM , UNTIL HE MADE A RECORD , HE USE TO MAKE SANDWICHES IN A SPANISH BODEGA .....NO LIE , THEY WERE CORNER DUDES , HIS PEOPLES - WORKED FOR THE NIGGAS THAT - WORKED FOR TONY MONTANA , THAT STORY WAS DRESSED UP..... AND THEY WAS DEFINATELY NOT IN THE TOP 2 CRACK CREW OF THE BRONX , MAYBE THERE AREA WHERE THEY LIVED ......aahahahahah...LOL , HE GOT CELEBRITY STATUS OFF MUSIC AND REACHED OUT TO THEM DUDES LATER , LIKE IRV GOTTI DID TO SUPREME....AFTER THEY GOT MUSIC STATUS .....lmao

THE REAL TONY MONTANA WAS OUT OF QUEENS WHO WENT ALL OVER ...

AND FRITZ WAS LARGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AND SUPPLIED EVERYBODY , BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIPHOP FACTS ...LOL

JUSTICE AND FREDDIE FOXX ALWAYS BEEN REAL ...ORIGINAL NEWYORK HARDCORE

THESE FACTS ARE A LITTLE OFF , BUT THE MAJORITY IS RIGHT....

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » July 21st, 2007, 9:10 am

FREDDIE FOXX MAY BE OUT OF NEWJERZ

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BG MLOCO » July 23rd, 2007, 12:53 pm

WHAT WELL SUPREME BEING SCARED OF THE ORIGINAL 50 IS A URBAN MYTH BUT THEY DID KNOW ABOUT EACH OTHER, YALL REMEMBER WHEN BK WAS CIC, A-TEAM DICEPTS, AWW MAN I WAS YOUNGN.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » July 23rd, 2007, 8:10 pm

Eric B comes into "my" bar every other week. He's one of those "nuttin' to say" type cats(cool though). Serious
dude, was cool with 'Preme and Prince back in the day(as evidence by them appearing on Paid In Fulls album
jacket). Him and Rakim were never close, just together on business.

JustIce was wild as hell, back in the 80's during his "heyday". Smacking up stewardesses on flights, hurtin' kids
in the street, a number of things. That song he did back in '86, "Put That Record Back On" was so ill. My NY, CT,
and NJ heads know what I'm talkin' 'bout(as well as all ole school heads throughout the land).

LL laid a whoopin' on Kool Moe Dee. Shit happens..

Like Nickels n BG MLOCO stated already, 'Pac wasnt shot by Supreme Team persons. Shit got BK written all
over it..

Funny shit though, this almost like an underground behind the music..

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » July 23rd, 2007, 11:06 pm

you know what rappers really didnt want you to kno?

95% of them are fake, n dont mean wat they say.

70% of them proly got picked on in high school for having a dream by the coo dudes that don care bout life.

90% of them cant even walk alone in the neighbourhoods they from.

60% of them are proly from the end of city limits from the city they claim.

90% of them planned to be crazy threw out they child hood knowin they gon be a rapper one day n will have
somethin to talk bout.

50% of them are older than what they say they are.

60% of them got they first tatoo's 3 or 4 years ago.

95% of them idolize this gangsta/thug life style they were never in but trickin the world into believing
enables them to feel it fo once

PUFFY IS A SNITCH BITCH MADE PUSSY NIGGA.....people shud call'em P.PUSSY

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » July 23rd, 2007, 11:57 pm

A lot of that is BS, i seen this like 2YEARS ago.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » July 24th, 2007, 12:40 am

I RAN WITH DECEPTS , OUT OF BK ....I REMEMBER THEM TIMES THOUGH , THATS WHEN NEWYORK WAS WILD IN THE 80'S......D.C. , PHILLY , B-MORE , ...WAS CRAZY ....IT ALL CHNGED AFTER MID 90's .....SHIT IS COOL COMPARED TO THEM DAYS , THAT CRACK , HAD SHIT BUGGIN BACK THEN .........NIGGAS WAS WILDDDDDD .

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » July 24th, 2007, 8:46 pm

Too bad

( WORDS OF SLIM FROM THE WIRE )

C the OLD DAYS, ARE the OLD DAYS

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BG MLOCO » July 25th, 2007, 12:39 pm

LOL DICEPTS ITS THE A-TEAM CIC ALL DAY LOL NAH NICKELS IN MY HOOD IN THOSE DAYS DICEPTS WERE HATED BY MY HOOD(CYPRESS) AND PINK HOUSES.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » July 26th, 2007, 12:29 am

DECEPTS WERE HATED BY EVERYBODY ...BACK THEN THEY DID DIRT , TO EVERYBODY .......I WAS THERE , I REMEBER , THEY WERE JUST STR8 UP FOUL ....LOL , REMINDS ME OF HOW EARLY CRIPS WAS , JUST AT EVERYBODY ........

BUT NEWYORK , IS COPYING TOO MUCH , EMBARRASSING.......