Did "Bastards of the Party" change anyones way of

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Did "Bastards of the Party" change anyones way of

Unread post by A Ghost » July 31st, 2007, 9:19 pm

:?:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » August 1st, 2007, 1:40 am

of what?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 1st, 2007, 2:32 am

I think shows, programs, books, cd's, basically any positive media makes changes but you gotta be bombarded by it as much as you are being bombarded by negative shit. BOTP might make a youngsta sit and think a lil bit, but if one of his homies gets popped, his mom and family get kicked out they living situation, or one of the numerous hazardous things that affects the communities BOTP was addressing...youngstas mind is going back to the survival tactics of the harsh, violent reality of the black ghetto.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 1st, 2007, 1:00 pm

Sentenza wrote:of what?
Did it change anyones way of thinking?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 1st, 2007, 1:01 pm

perongregory wrote:I think shows, programs, books, cd's, basically any positive media makes changes but you gotta be bombarded by it as much as you are being bombarded by negative shit. BOTP might make a youngsta sit and think a lil bit, but if one of his homies gets popped, his mom and family get kicked out they living situation, or one of the numerous hazardous things that affects the communities BOTP was addressing...youngstas mind is going back to the survival tactics of the harsh, violent reality of the black ghetto.
good point

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » August 1st, 2007, 2:45 pm

A Ghost wrote:
Ok i should have known that haha.

Well i found it interesting what he had to say about gangs and their evolution and he made some really good points. It helped me understanding the gang phenomenon in LA, at least concerning black gangs much better. I think he was right about the roots of black gangs resembling a twisted version of the Black Panthers....
Now what people have been saying about just closing membership and gangs will just seize to exist.....I reall doubt that it will be that easy.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 2nd, 2007, 2:04 am

Sentenza wrote:
A Ghost wrote:

Well i found it interesting what he had to say about gangs and their evolution and he made some really good points. It helped me understanding the gang phenomenon in LA, at least concerning black gangs much better. I think he was right about the roots of black gangs resembling a twisted version of the Black Panthers....
Now what people have been saying about just closing membership and gangs will just seize to exist.....I reall doubt that it will be that easy.
i don't think that will survive, cuz looking how things are now in LA it seems black gangs might be forced to that original panther protect the black community mentality.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » August 2nd, 2007, 2:47 am

perongregory wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
A Ghost wrote:

i don't think that will survive, because looking how things are now in LA it seems black gangs might be forced to that original panther protect the black community mentality.
AGREED THEY TALKING THAT PRO - BLACK SHYT NOW ....IN MOST HOODS , ITS COMING FROM THE TOP ....OUT THE PENN

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » August 2nd, 2007, 2:48 am

YES AND IT WILL CLEAN ALL THIS BLACK - GANG GROUPIE SHYT UP .........

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 2nd, 2007, 10:02 am

NICKELS wrote:
perongregory wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
A Ghost wrote:

i don't think that will survive, because looking how things are now in LA it seems black gangs might be forced to that original panther protect the black community mentality.
AGREED THEY TALKING THAT PRO - BLACK SHYT NOW ....IN MOST HOODS , ITS COMING FROM THE TOP ....OUT THE PENN
are they trying to stop the violence?