Civilization started in Africa

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Civilization started in Africa

Unread post by A Ghost » July 26th, 2007, 5:04 pm

http://www.panafricanperspective.com/or ... icans.html

(Ishango Bone World's First Abacus)

Africa the home of human civilization

Africa provides a comprehensive and contigious time line of human development going back at least 7 million years. Africa gave humanity the use of fire a million and half to two million years ago. It is the home of the first tools, astronomy, jewelry, fishing, mathematics, crops, art, use of pigments, cutting and other pointed instruments and animal domestication. In short Africa gave the world human civilization.

Millions of years ago human life started in Africa, Australopithecus aphaeresis and Australopithecus africanus and Australopithecus robustus were all key rungs in the development of humanity. These fossils were found in East and South Africa (Azania). Some of the fossils may be as old as 5 million years. For example Australopithecus robustus fossils found in an East Turkana Kenya site were at least 4 million year old.

It is generally accepted that the Homo habilis were the first full fledge tool makingancestor of humans. The earliest archaeological evidence of toolmaking comes from the Koobi Fora section of East Turkana. These Homo habilis are believed to be at least 2.5 million years old. The name Homo habilis comes from the Leakeys. They found what they believed to be conclusive fossil evidence of the first humans in the Olduvai Gorge in Tanzania and gave these ancestors that name called Homo habilis.. The Olduvai Gorge Homo habilis existed at least a million and quarter years ago

More important than tool making in human evolution is the mastery of fire. Nearly 2 million years ago early East Africans had mastered the use of fire. This was a revolutionary step in the development of humanity. This critical innovation insured the survival and spread of the species around the planet. It gave us an advantage over animal predators such as the big cats, hyenas and allowed human settlements in less accommodating climates. These people have been named Homo erectus by archaeologists. It is generally accepted that the final leap from Homo erectus to Homo sapiens sapiens as having occurred in Africa over two hundreds thousand years ago.

The Encyclopedia of World History describes the use of mtDNA found in fossils as a means of revealing the processes involved in this final leap. (The acronym mtDNA stands for mitochondrial DNA*.)

olecular biologists like Alan Wilson and Rebecca Cann have studied the human family tree using this form of DNA, which is inherited through the female line without being diluted with paternal DNA. Thus, they argue, it provides a unique tool for studying ancestral populations. They compared mtDNA from Africans, Asians, Europeans, and Southeast Asians and found that the differences between them were small. They formed two groups: one was the Africans, the other the remainder. Wilson and Cann concluded that all modern humans derive from a primordial African population, from which populations migrated to the rest of the Old World with little or no interbreeding with existing archaic human groups. By calculating the rate of mtDNA mutations, they argue that archaic Homo sapiens evolved from Homo erectus in Africa by about 200,000 years ago. Then Homo sapiens sapiens, anatomically modern humans, appeared some 140,000 years ago. Mitochondrial DNA is still controversial, but there is some archaeological evidence from Africa that supports the biologists' scenario. Highly varied, early Homo sapiens populations flourished in sub-Saharan Africa between 200,000 and 150,000 years ago, some of them displaying some anatomically modern features. At the Klasies River Caves on the Indian Ocean coast of South Africa, anatomically modern human remains date to between 125,000 and 95,000 years ago. They are associated with sophisticated, versatile tool kits that were, if anything, superior to those used by the Neanderthals in Europe at the time.

Many scientists believe that Homo sapiens sapiens, modern humans, did indeed evolve in tropical Africa sometime after 150,000 years ago, as the geneticists argue. Ecologist Robert Foley has theorized that modern humans evolved in a mosaic of constantly changing tropical environments, which tended to isolate evolving human populations for considerable periods of time. Some groups living in exceptionally rich areas may have developed unusual hunting and foraging skills, using a new technology so effective that they could prey on animals from a distance with finely made projectiles. With efficient technology, more planning, and better organization of both hunting and foraging, our ancestors could have reduced the risks of living in unpredictable environments in dramatic ways.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » July 28th, 2007, 1:00 pm

Civilization started independantly in different parts of the world. Human beings had already migrated throughout the world by 40,000 years ago. The first civilizations were 12,000 years ago at the most.

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » July 28th, 2007, 5:31 pm

The 'Multiregional theory' you are proposing was actually an 'out of Africa' theory too: the only argument among supporters of the rival theories of human evolution is about when the ancestors of non-African humans (Neanderthals) left Africa. This is before we learned Neanderthals are not direct ancestors of modern humans from Africa, and not related to H. sapiens (modern man).

KING KONG
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KING KONG » July 29th, 2007, 4:49 am

WOW THATS SOME DEEP INFO GIRL!

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 29th, 2007, 11:22 am

i thought the first creature that evolved to human came out of the euphrades river(?), which i believe is in a region of africa. i don't think their is much debate the first humans began in africa.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 29th, 2007, 2:21 pm

KING KONG wrote:WOW THATS SOME DEEP INFO GIRL!
LOL that's what you get ghost! :wink:
se11 wrote:i thought the first creature that evolved to human came out of the euphrades river(?), which i believe is in a region of africa. i don't think their is much debate the first humans began in africa.
That's in Iraq.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 29th, 2007, 4:24 pm

i wasn't sure of the geographical location of the river, but i know it is supposed to be where the first species or something came from, but the first man came from africa or something like that.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 29th, 2007, 4:37 pm

I think the Euphrates is in the middle east somewhere like Iraq. You thinking about the so-called first civillization Sumeria or some BS.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » July 29th, 2007, 4:38 pm

Im a dude

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » July 29th, 2007, 4:46 pm

A Ghost wrote:
Im a dude

Lol

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » July 30th, 2007, 9:48 am

bump!

KING KONG
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KING KONG » August 1st, 2007, 4:35 am

A Ghost wrote:
Im a dude
OH IM SORRY I THOUGHT ONE OF THOSE 2 GIRLS ON YOUR AVATAR IS YOU!BY THE WAY HOW DID YOU GET THIS BIG AVATAR IN THERE I ACUALLY THOUGHT THAT YOU CAN ONLY HAVE A 80 * 80 BIG PIC?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 1st, 2007, 1:02 pm

KING KONG wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
Im a dude
OH IM SORRY I THOUGHT ONE OF THOSE 2 GIRLS ON YOUR AVATAR IS YOU!BY THE WAY HOW DID YOU GET THIS BIG AVATAR IN THERE I ACUALLY THOUGHT THAT YOU CAN ONLY HAVE A 80 * 80 BIG PIC?
you dont know who those women are? :shock:

...anyways, you gotta save a picture to photobucket, then type the url in the last section for the avatar url. I think its custom url or something

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 1st, 2007, 1:03 pm

my bad you gotta type it in the "link to off site avatar"

KING KONG
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KING KONG » August 3rd, 2007, 6:08 am

A Ghost wrote:my bad you gotta type it in the "link to off site avatar"
NO I DONT KNOW THIS GIRLS WHO R THEY?AND YOU DONT NEED PHOTOBUCKET FOR THAT YOU JUST NEED THE PICTURES URL BUT IT DOESNT WORK FOR ME!

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » August 3rd, 2007, 6:11 am

A Ghost wrote:
I don't know either. But they look good, so I don't care who they are.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 3rd, 2007, 6:20 pm

punamusta wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
not everyone jacks off as much as you ag :lol:

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 3rd, 2007, 6:34 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
punamusta wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
not everyone jacks off as much as you ag :lol:
lol lol lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well at least I dont pull out a jar of peanut butter and call my dog over when desperate housewives comes on..... :shock:

lol J/K :wink:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 3rd, 2007, 6:41 pm

f*cking white people and your animal abuse

orally raping dogs..... we at least have the common courtesy of eating them :lol:

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 3rd, 2007, 6:43 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:f*cking white people and your animal abuse

orally raping dogs..... we at least have the common courtesy of eating them :lol:
lol eating them or eating them out :shock:

ok we gotta stop lol

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 3rd, 2007, 6:54 pm

So anyways, I wonder what Africa would be like today if the slave trade and Imperialism never happened....

KING KONG
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KING KONG » August 4th, 2007, 8:20 am

A Ghost wrote:So anyways, I wonder what Africa would be like today if the slave trade and Imperialism never happened....
THATS A GOOD POINT BUT IF THE BLACKS HAD HAD DEFENDED THEM SELFES AGAINST THEM WHITES THAT SHIT WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED!

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 4th, 2007, 11:20 am

A Ghost wrote:So anyways, I wonder what Africa would be like today if the slave trade and Imperialism never happened....
viewtopic.php?p=8632033&highlight=#8632033

one1hype
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by one1hype » August 7th, 2007, 3:24 pm

theres no proof that everyone is from africa...and doesent mean everybody started off being black...your color changer due to the climate of generation y do u think italians are darker than other whites...its cuz the close to the mediteranean and y r sudanese pitch black cuz there in the hottest region of africa...and y r irish ppl so pale..cuz there away from hotter regions...so who knows where it actually started...n who gives a fuck not me im from america

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 7th, 2007, 9:40 pm

one1hype wrote:theres no proof that everyone is from africa...and doesent mean everybody started off being black...your color changer due to the climate of generation y do u think italians are darker than other whites...its because the close to the mediteranean and y r sudanese pitch black because there in the hottest region of africa...and y r irish ppl so pale..because there away from hotter regions...so who knows where it actually started...n who gives a fu-- not me im from america
Actually the oldest human fossil was found in Africa

Lucy (Australopithecus)

http://www.wsu.edu/gened/learn-modules/ ... sis-a.html

one1hype
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by one1hype » August 8th, 2007, 11:45 pm

A Ghost wrote:
one1hype wrote:theres no proof that everyone is from africa...and doesent mean everybody started off being black...your color changer due to the climate of generation y do u think italians are darker than other whites...its because the close to the mediteranean and y r sudanese pitch black because there in the hottest region of africa...and y r irish ppl so pale..because there away from hotter regions...so who knows where it actually started...n who gives a fu-- not me im from america

Lucy (Australopithecus)

still everythings not legit...and do u honestly believe that every country or terrotorie has bean inspected to find old fossil...i doubt it seeing how there are still virgin countries and island that are barely being formed...its hard what to believe especially when high officials lie over n over again to the public for a little extra dough

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » August 9th, 2007, 8:52 am

one1hype wrote:
A Ghost wrote:

Lucy (Australopithecus)

still everythings not legit...and do u honestly believe that every country or terrotorie has bean inspected to find old fossil...i doubt it seeing how there are still virgin countries and island that are barely being formed...its hard what to believe especially when high officials lie over n over again to the public for a little extra dough
That's just it, from what we know right now today, yes every human in some way can have their DNA traced to a single person in Africa. Does that mean we all actually came from Africa? That can't be answered for sure unless we can say for certain that every single dead person has been found and their DNA found. If tomorrow they find an older skeleton in Siberia and our DNA can be traced to it, it would turn the scientific community on it's head. It's all based on what we know RIGHT NOW. That could all change or further proof can be found to trace us to Africa, we might never know.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 9th, 2007, 4:05 pm

well as for right now, we all came from Africa :wink:

Str8UpMenace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Str8UpMenace » August 9th, 2007, 5:14 pm

Some evidence man might not of evolved.

http://news.channels.aolsvc.aol.ca/news ... 4209990005

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » August 9th, 2007, 6:38 pm

Str8UpMenace wrote:Some evidence man might not of evolved.

"We're sorry this content is exclusive to AOL Canada members and only viewable within AOL's software. To receive access to exclusive and original content like this read more below about becoming a member for one month free*"

You're Canadian?

Str8UpMenace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Str8UpMenace » August 10th, 2007, 10:29 pm

A Ghost wrote:

"We're sorry this content is exclusive to AOL Canada members and only viewable within AOL's software. To receive access to exclusive and original content like this read more below about becoming a member for one month free*"

You're Canadian?

No! just living there for now

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » August 11th, 2007, 8:38 am

Str8UpMenace wrote:
A Ghost wrote:

You're Canadian?

No! just living there for now
Mind if I ask what part? Not too many people on here that are Canadian or living in Canada it seems. I'll take a guess and say out east somewhere.