DON'T USE THE WORD AT ALL.

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
BIG DUSTY LOCO

DON'T USE THE WORD AT ALL.

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » June 6th, 2003, 2:28 pm

I don't think the word should be used at all. NON-BLACKS should definitely not use it, even in jest to another NON-BLACK. It's a given NON-BLACKS don't ever say that word to a BLACK MAN/WOMAN. It's just not right. It's like saying your perpetuating the ignorance ingrained upon people from years past. Why keep it going? Break that cycle.

Now whether it's all right for a BLACK MAN/WOMAN to call one of their own...that's up to the shotcallers I think.

But definitely not allowed for NON-BLACKS. I don't care if your white and grew up in WATTS, not allowable!

Loca

Shameful Use of Word "Nigga"

Unread post by Loca » June 10th, 2003, 12:33 pm

:cry: Any modified use for the word "nigger", whether pronounced nigga, niggas, my nigga, etc within or without the black community should be STOPPED. People that continue to use it - especially Black People - should be ashamed of themselves. They lack the knowledge and the history of their own people in this country (the wonderful USA). When you learn of a peoples' history you automatically change your thinking and behavior for the good of all. :roll: No excuses are acceptable.

Unfortunately we live in a country/society that focuses on capitalizing on "anything" that will bring in the money. If you go back in time you will see that anything that even has a "hint" of being connected to African-American culture (African Culture) immediate wealth follows. :P Look at the fashion, music, dance, song, etc industry. People find that they actually love that which they were taught to hate; Blackness.

When you love yourself, you love everybody. :D

WestCoast_4lyfe

Re: Shameful Use of Word "Nigga"

Unread post by WestCoast_4lyfe » June 14th, 2003, 7:46 pm

Loca Is a very stupid , ignorant fool, talkin about "the lack knowledge" does not mean because we turn something bad into a good thing u should be mad, us because you wanna use the word but you cant. read some books before you come claiming other people lack knowledge, not only do we use the word but Latinos proudly use it amongst each other and to blacks, whites use it, and asians youths use it too. i speak because ive heard.[/quote]

WestCoast_4lyfe

Re: Shameful Use of Word "Nigga"

Unread post by WestCoast_4lyfe » June 14th, 2003, 7:46 pm

Loca Is a very stupid , ignorant fool, talkin about "they lack knowledge" does not mean because we turn something bad into a good thing u should be mad, us because you wanna use the word but you cant. read some books before you come claiming other people lack knowledge, not only do we use the word but Latinos proudly use it amongst each other and to blacks, whites use it, and asians youths use it too. i speak because ive heard.[/quote]

Stuckinexile

Word Uses: The word "Nigger, Nigga, etc."

Unread post by Stuckinexile » June 15th, 2003, 12:30 am

Back in the middle 1960s, Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones said this: "Music Is A Popular Way Of Conditioning One's Mind." As we flash forward to the year 2003, it is no wonder that Afro-Americans comprise 55% of the jail population, only 56% are totally literate, make on average 60 cents compared to Euro-Americans, and after 400 plus years of enslavement, Jim-Crowism, and outright segregation have only 0.5% to 1.5% of the National Wealth. My comments here in this forum are way too long, but if one REALLY wants the hidden meaning of the term "NEGRO" and its derivatives please read the following books:
1. The Name "Negro" Its Origin And Evil Use- by Richard B. Moore
2. Breaking The Chains Of Psychological Slavery- by Na'Im Akbar
3. The Mis-Education Of The Negro- by Carter G. Woodson
Remember, Afrikan People Hosea 4:6- "My People are destroyed for LACK OF KNOWLEDGE: because thou has rejected KNOWLEDGE, I will also reject thee....."
Rakim Allah also stated that you must KNOW the LEDGE. The KING ALFRED PLAN and 600 Prison Camps are only an EXECUTIVE ORDER away from being unleased on us as a people..... ONLY WE CAN SAVE OURSELVES!!!! Stop using this hateful and mind-destroying word. Our ancestors are crying in the wilderness....

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » June 23rd, 2003, 5:03 pm

As usual I agree with Big Dusty Loco, however, if a young white person from out of town uses the word in a friendly way because they want to fit in (ie they see you brothers using the word among yourselves) and you to like them, I don't see how you have a right to go after them violently. That shows your heart to be evil.

My suggestion would be to take them aside (quickly) and talk to them about it. Explain your position. Most young white transplants from the midwest will be surprised and genuine with their "I'm sorry! I had no idea!"

Don't confuse the true racists with young transplants looking to fit in. Don't be a predator.

Stuckinexile

The word "Nigger", "Nigga", etc.

Unread post by Stuckinexile » June 26th, 2003, 9:48 pm

Sorry, there is nothing "Positive" about any Euro-American (Young or Old) using this slave word "NIGGER." If Euros want to be so down with the Afro-American culture, ask one of them to paint themselves "BLACK" and come live amongst us in this very racist society. One has already tried, and his story is written in the book "Black Like Me," by John Howard Griffin. I believe if Euros (I have yet to see anybody who is really WHITE) had the opportunity to experience the Afro-American life in America they will want to change society. Here are a few examples of Euro-American dominance:
1. Euro-Americans occupy over 90% of the seats in Congress-guess who makes up ALL the laws?
2. Euro-Americans occupy over 97% of the senior-level positions in the Fortune 1000 industrial and Fortune 500 service companies- only 0.4% were Afro-Americans (1992 info)- guess who makes all the business decisions?
3. One-third of all Afro-Americans live in poverty.
4. The unemployment rate for Afro-Americans is double that of Euro-Americans (10.8% vs. 5.4%) ; for Afro-American teenagers, it is 37.0%.
If Euro-Americans are committed to assisting Afro-Americans in navigating America, we don't need you being "HIP;" we need you to be pro-active in eliminating racism in society. Stop demonizing our images on the "Idiot BOX"- AKA Television.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » June 27th, 2003, 9:06 am

StuckinExile: I read that book years ago more than once and many many others as well. I understand what you are saying and don't dispute your stats for this discussion. The question I have for you is: Assuming this is true, does knowing this influence your behavior to make your life better and help you develop better relationships with other people? Or does it have a different effect on your behavior?

Stuckinexile

Unread post by Stuckinexile » June 27th, 2003, 9:53 pm

WCrockets: Racism, the oppression, exclusion, and discrimination of Afro-American people on the part of Euro-Americans and their institutions of people activity (Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex, and War) INFESTS our whole society and operates as a barrier against the FREEDOM, OPPORTUNITY, and MANHOOD/WOMANHOOD of all Afro-American people, regardless the level of achievement or socioeconomic status. RACISM is the most important barrier to the progress of Afro-American people and the aspect of American society that most needs to CHANGE. WCrockets, I live in California (The So-called "LIBERAL STATE") with a BS degree in Economics AND an MBA in Logistics Management; guess what kind of jobs I was offered? Security Guard, Admin. Assistant, Temporary Help, nothing to the degree of my knowledge base. Euro-Americans with LESS education and degrees get the jobs I am well qualified for. Do I complain? Not really, because ALL of society SUFFERS because of RACISM. I finally got a job, as a substitute teacher, and I find out that the students are receiving the same JIM CROW education my mother got in the Deep South during the 1930s. If I cannot get a job, continue to be followed around Macys, The Gap, etc., what hope is there for my students that cannot tell me what -57 plus 100 is? Surely is it not -157, but that is the answer 85% of the students I teach will tell me(High School Students). My insurance rates are DOUBLE what others pay. Why? I live in a predominantly Non-Euro Neighborhood. Do you know what the King Alfred Plan is? Instituted in the mid 1960s, this is a plan to gather or round up (For a lack of a better term) Afro-Americans and relocate them in prison camps, ultimately to DESTROY THEM. If America has eradicated the Native peoples, interned Japanese Americans, then a plan as such isn't too far fetched (Actually, the plan almost went into effect during the Rodney King riots which spreaded from Los Angeles to the Eastern Seaboard, 1992). WCrockets, Afro-Americans don't want to enslave Euro-Americans or punish them for past misdeeds; we want the same FREEDOM, JUSTICE, and EQUALITY that everyone else seems to have in this land of milk and honey. Remember though, if we are not free as a people, I can't see how Euro-Americans are free with this fake FREEDOM they promote. Islamic countries don't hate America for its purported FREEDOM; they hate the poor choices that only ONE PERCENT of its leaders make and how they impact the WORLD. Afro-Americans feel the same, even though the majority of them cannot articulate the words like I can. Here are some more books for open minded to read about America:
1. How Capitalism Underdeveloped Black America- Manning Marable
2. The United Independent Compensatory Code/System/Concept, etc.- Neely Fuller
3. Faces From the Bottom of the Well: The Permanence of Racism- Derrick Bell
4. The Crisis of the Negro Intellectual- Harold Cruse
5. The Myth of Black Progress- Alphonso Pinkney
6. Two Nations, Black & White, Separate, Hostile, and Unequal- Andrew Hacker
7. From Savage to Negro- Lee Baker

There are SOOOO many more, but remember this Proverb: "When there is no vision, the PEOPLE will PERISH"- If Afro-Americans cannot determine their own SELF-DETERMINATION, sooner or later, those holding us down will join us as well; Curtis Mayfield said it best, "IF there is a HELL below we are ALL gonna go."

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » June 28th, 2003, 2:20 pm

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. It was a good one. I ask the questions because I truly want to hear your answers and also, because I want to communicate that being stuck in exile is a frame of mind whereas living in exile makes much more sense.

Living in exile is about life. Two steps forward and one step back with personal growth at the end of the day. You know these things because you are an educated man. I just bring them into the discussion. I remember this old lady years ago named Corrie Ten Boom telling people how she and the other women would have illegal get togethers in the lady's section of Auschwitz to comfort each other and bring hope and cheer into each other's lives.

I understand a lot of people are angry with good cause. Still, it shouldn't consume us. Any of us regardless of our situation. All things are possible and the last sometimes end up first and the first end up last. So, have the best weekend possible. I managed to get a ball game ticket so I finished washing my laundry and now I'm going to watch some baseball. Peace.

P.S. I saw the scalp last night of an exgang member (covered in tats head to toe) in the program that just had brain surgery. He's like 25. Heavy. I'm so glad he made it through ok and is starting to adjust. My unmet expectations still hurt and are real to me, however, are diminished by the powerful struggles in life of those around me. You included.

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: DON'T USE THE WORD AT ALL.

Unread post by PolakoMafia » July 30th, 2003, 5:13 am

I noticed that alot of caucasians use the word "White nigga" to describe white thugs or gangsters. Or caucasians that hang out with blacks or are in gangs. Anyone noticed this?

Snowman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

What about hispanics?

Unread post by Snowman » August 31st, 2003, 10:37 am

The few hispanics (mostly from el Salvador) that were in my school (my school was mostly black) used to call eachother and the black kids 'nigga' all the time. Over here you very rarely actually here a black guy call another black guy 'nigga' unless it's an insult. Most of the people over here who use the word are white kids in black neighbourhoods 'trying to fit in'.

Mosty of the rap CDs that I have who have hispanic rappers like Big Pun, Mr. Rob, Lil One, Cypress Hill, Kid Frost etc. use the word nigga all the time. B-Real from Cypress Hill is Cuban and has really pale skin but buses the word all the time.

I think it should be just as unnacceptable for Latino people to use the word as it is for whites.

The word itself isn't that bad but it's overused. Often you get poor white dudes reffering to themselves jokily as white trash, white working class scum or rednecks, but if a rich white dude was to use that word to them they would get a smack in the mouth, so in the same way that only white people should be able to use words like 'white trash', only black guys should be able to say 'nigga'.

pico
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pico » August 31st, 2003, 2:47 pm

I personally am tryin to cut down my usage of the word, instead using homie or dogg. But, it's hard, though.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » December 23rd, 2003, 9:27 am

Soundbite from East London, UK. I like the last reply, the lad who says he tryin not to say nigga, but use dogg or homie instesd. You tryin friend, nice one bro. I dont use the word, I hate it when I hear young black people using the word and I hate it even more if a hear a white person using it. Us human beings eh, we so stuck, can't move on. We got to get free somehow.... keep thinking good folks, keep strugglin, get revolutionary and dump the negative shite....

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » December 25th, 2003, 4:48 pm

I THINK IT WOULD BE HARD AZZ HELL TO STOP THE USE OF THE WORD NOW.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 12th, 2004, 11:54 am

Noog wrote:Soundbite from East London, UK. I like the last reply, the lad who says he tryin not to say nigga, but use dogg or homie instesd. You tryin friend, nice one bro. I dont use the word, I hate it when I hear young black people using the word and I hate it even more if a hear a white person using it. Us human beings eh, we so stuck, can't move on. We got to get free somehow.... keep thinking good folks, keep strugglin, get revolutionary and dump the negative shite....
White people need to know, if they've been living on Mars or something and haven't heard, that using that word around black people can lead to bodily harm. At the least it's gonna cause hurt feelings in people. I don't care if they think it's cool and funny to do it with your friends or somehow makes you think your cool or bad just because nobody's pounded you good for it yet.

Sure everyone has the right to use the word in this Republic and should continue to have the right. I don't want no word police coming around.

BUT just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 13th, 2004, 4:29 pm

then black people shouldn't use it either. if black people are calling each other nigga all day long, and use it as a term of enderment, why get pissed off at someone else using. that's ignorant and a double standard.

people who are using the word nigga to represent themself is still operating with a slaves mentality. wake up and check yourself before you check someone else.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 13th, 2004, 4:44 pm

Well I live in the real world. You can fight that war if you want to..Lol. Though I think it's a fool's fight.

It's about common courtesy. Would you want someone coming up to your dear mother and calling her that?

If not, then are you so gung ho to go around calling other people the same word just because SOME (not all) Black people use it amongst themselves in a reclamation sense?

I agree with you though that people using the word haven't transcended.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 13th, 2004, 4:58 pm

You never hear the jewish people calling themselves hymie or other words used to put them down by the germans as a form of reclamation.

I agree with you. It is a lost battle, lol... at least for the next 50+ years.

C.S.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 13th, 2004, 5:38 pm

No but they might have.

You're going to hear some things you haven't heard before here I can tell which is good. Hopefully you'll learn enough to actually transcend your current understanding of common sense and come to know real truth which isn't common though it does sometimes make sense.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 13th, 2004, 5:46 pm

maybe so...but I've heard alot and i've been around the block.

C.S.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 13th, 2004, 5:52 pm

Allright then. But keep an open mind cause I just read that post you wrote in the new thread and people might start jumping on that as WAY too simplistic. You're going to see a LOT of new knowledge and perspectives far beyond where you are coming from. It's a discussion after all. Peace.

STREETGANG111
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by STREETGANG111 » February 16th, 2004, 9:07 am

`
Last edited by STREETGANG111 on March 22nd, 2004, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » February 26th, 2004, 12:55 pm

Eminen called forgot his name a honkie on a diss record, we may use the word nigga, but you don't here blks calling each other niggers.

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » April 18th, 2004, 4:03 pm

YOU RIGHT BOUT THAT!

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 23rd, 2004, 10:51 pm

NOBODY SHOULD USE THE WORD NIGGER OR NIGGA AT ALL REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, LOCATION, NOTHIN. JUST STOP USIN IT!!!

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 3rd, 2004, 3:13 pm

ONLY in america haha. the worlds most racist country

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » September 24th, 2007, 9:38 pm

kyh wrote:NOBODY SHOULD USE THE WORD NIGGER OR NIGGA AT ALL REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, LOCATION, NOTHIN. JUST STOP USIN IT!!!
yes... I agree/// hypocracy is such an ugly thing!

Dreadlocks

Unread post by Dreadlocks » September 24th, 2007, 10:03 pm

I use the word nigga all i fuckin want because i can... I put my own meaning behind the word and if you dont like it then nigga fuck you too... But if your white and you slip w/ that word around me or my homeis you fits to get that chin checked...

Dreadlocks

Unread post by Dreadlocks » September 24th, 2007, 10:03 pm

nigga...

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 24th, 2007, 10:34 pm

Dreadlocks wrote:I use the word nigga all i fuckin want because i can... I put my own meaning behind the word and if you dont like it then nigga fu-- you too... But if your white and you slip w/ that word around me or my homeis you fits to get that chin checked...

You say it to provoke and you know it. Pretty childish

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » September 24th, 2007, 10:56 pm

lol

I recognize that "dont give a f--k" attitude.....