Human race will 'split into two different species'

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » October 26th, 2007, 12:36 pm

This guy is trippin

By NIALL FIRTH - More by this author »

Last updated at 16:18pm on 26th October 2007

The human race will one day split into two separate species, an attractive, intelligent ruling elite and an underclass of dim-witted, ugly goblin-like creatures, according to a top scientist.

100,000 years into the future, sexual selection could mean that two distinct breeds of human will have developed.

The alarming prediction comes from evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry from the London School of Economics, who says that the human race will have reached its physical peak by the year 3000.

These humans will be between 6ft and 7ft tall and they will live up to 120 years.

"Physical features will be driven by indicators of health, youth and fertility that men and women have evolved to look for in potential mates," says the report, which suggests that advances in cosmetic surgery and other body modifying techniques will effectively homogenise our appearance.

Men will have symmetrical facial features, deeper voices and bigger penises, according to Curry in a report commissioned for men's satellite TV channel Bravo.

Women will all have glossy hair, smooth hairless skin, large eyes and pert breasts, according to Curry.

Racial differences will be a thing of the past as interbreeding produces a single coffee-coloured skin tone.

The future for our descendants isn't all long life, perfect bodies and chiselled features, however.

While humans will reach their peak in 1000 years' time, 10,000 years later our reliance on technology will have begun to dramatically change our appearance.

Medicine will weaken our immune system and we will begin to appear more child-like.

Dr Curry said: "The report suggests that the future of man will be a story of the good, the bad and the ugly.

"While science and technology have the potential to create an ideal habitat for humanity over the next millennium, there is the possibility of a monumental genetic hangover over the subsequent millennia due to an over-reliance on technology reducing our natural capacity to resist disease, or our evolved ability to get along with each other.

"After that, things could get ugly, with the possible emergence of genetic 'haves' and 'have-nots'."

Dr Curry's theory may strike a chord with readers who have read H G Wells' classic novel The Time Machine, in particular his descriptions of the Eloi and the Morlock races.

In the 1895 book, the human race has evolved into two distinct species, the highly intelligent and wealthy Eloi and the frightening, animalistic Morlock who are destined to work underground to keep the Eloi happy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... _id=489653

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » October 26th, 2007, 1:23 pm

Let's go team goblin! Come on who's with me?! 100,000 years from now we'll all be cyborgs and we'll all look the same. Humans will be an army of super men fighting galactic alien invaders. This scientist is talking crazy talk. Goblins? 7 feet tall 120 year old men?? COME ON! It's cyborgs people! Cyborgs!

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » October 26th, 2007, 9:14 pm

lol ya hes on a good one

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 26th, 2007, 10:00 pm

christina talk to ur boi alonso...he ain neva answerin back...shiit he makes me feel like he don no luv fo members on this B8tch

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » October 27th, 2007, 12:38 am

thats so outdated....!!

cro magnon and neanderthal already happened!

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 28th, 2007, 1:03 am

lol I wonder how some of these people get doctorates.

To be sure, """if""" this will happen, this """would""" be a consequence social phenomena than it does genetic. So whether right or wrong this "Dr. Curry" has no say in the matter,.

but EmperorPenguin and justice league already got the ideas... it already happened several times before to the point of basic stability in human species and what's more interesting is the future role of technological intervention in humanity.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » October 29th, 2007, 12:37 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:lol I wonder how some of these people get doctorates.

To be sure, """if""" this will happen, this """would""" be a consequence social phenomena than it does genetic. So whether right or wrong this "Dr. Curry" has no say in the matter,.

but EmperorPenguin and justice league already got the ideas... it already happened several times before to the point of basic stability in human species and what's more interesting is the future role of technological intervention in humanity.
that's pretty frightening, MiChuhSuh.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » November 6th, 2007, 9:57 am

I'm already an animalistic goblin, what's wrong with that?

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » November 6th, 2007, 11:51 am

justice league wrote:

What do you mean by technological intervention in humanity. Do you mean technology intervening on their own behalf, or us using machines to help humanity along? The latter, we already do obviously but I see no problem in machines getting to the point that they intervene on their own will. If machines are stepping in, it's only because they know better then we do. They would never try to harm us, that's just silly. And even if they do it'll just end up like The Matrix or Terminator, both great movies by the way. I'm hoping for Matrix personally, I would love to be stuck in a computer program endlessy, flying around and beating up agents. It looks like fun. Terminator, not so much except the going back in time thing that'd be badass. I would totally sign up for that gig, going back in the past to impregnate some hot woman who thinks you're from the future here to save the world. That's a pretty good pickup line.

Either way, I hate these conservatives coming out trying to slow progress. The Chinese have it right, trying to clone humans and mix animal and human DNA. That's cool right there. The Chinese still use lead in paint and totally ignore pandemics in their own country but man, they know how to clone DNA.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » November 6th, 2007, 12:09 pm

All u people are crazy cuzz everyone knows the future is gonna be like star wars :D

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » November 6th, 2007, 10:03 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
justice league wrote:

What do you mean by technological intervention in humanity. Do you mean technology intervening on their own behalf, or us using machines to help humanity along? The latter, we already do obviously but I see no problem in machines getting to the point that they intervene on their own will. If machines are stepping in, it's only because they know better then we do. They would never try to harm us, that's just silly. And even if they do it'll just end up like The Matrix or Terminator, both great movies by the way. I'm hoping for Matrix personally, I would love to be stuck in a computer program endlessy, flying around and beating up agents. It looks like fun. Terminator, not so much except the going back in time thing that'd be badass. I would totally sign up for that gig, going back in the past to impregnate some hot woman who thinks you're from the future here to save the world. That's a pretty good pickup line.

Either way, I hate these conservatives coming out trying to slow progress. The Chinese have it right, trying to clone humans and mix animal and human DNA. That's cool right there. The Chinese still use lead in paint and totally ignore pandemics in their own country but man, they know how to clone DNA.
or maybe like westworld.....